imfakeim - clothesencounters / Jenn Im part 6

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: imfakeim - clothesencounters / Jenn Im part 6

Post by vanillafilter »

Considering Jenn's normal style, I was pleasantly surprised her wedding so was tasteful and classic. I actually thought everything was beautiful if a bit basic- I went to a wedding at the same venue and it kind of had a similar vibe/look (generic rich Asian person who reads wedding blogs vibe? lol). I thought her wedding dress was basic as well, but I think she probably had it custom made because she's so petite. It's a pain in the ass getting a wedding dress off the rack that fits without extensive alterations and considering the cost of wedding dress alterations ($$$$) you might as well go custom. I really liked that it was convertible (so much easier than totally changing dresses) but I thought it was weird she'd choose to leave the dress long for the reception- I feel like it would have been more comfortable and easier to move around in a shorter dress. And silk would have been more comfortable than lace. Hated Ben's pants and no socks/shoe combo but meh, it's their wedding so for once, I'll give him a break.

The bridesmaids dresses were kinda meh, I guess they were sponsored but they looked kind of cheap. I actually liked Emily's bridesmaids dresses way better, I think she chose gold/nude tones. I loved Ben's father's suit for the wedding, it was rad!

Also, I thought their hanboks for the korean reception were GORGEOUS. I'm totally getting ideas for my wedding.

Hats off to the wedding planner- I hope she credits whoever they were cuz they did a really good job. And it didn't seem too overly sponsored like some youtuber weddings, from what I've seen so far.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

nubilelokoian wrote:damn, she really went all out with the IG wedding pic spam. there seems to be a post dedicated to each vendor, so i feel like it was all sponsored? the extremely quick photo turnaround time is impressive, too. emily's wedding photos took about a week or two to land.

on the other hand, brides do love tagging their dress designers and everything, regardless of whether they're influencers or not...
it was definitely sponsored i think since she's dedicating a post to each vendor. the empty vase is known to send her flowers so it's not surprising, with ashley's connections, it's probably not difficult to find sponsors.

bookworm88
Talker
Talker

Post by bookworm88 »

biggossipyswampy wrote:they do appear to be in some kind of superlove. He seems to madly adore her and be her rock. I do admire that, envy it I suppose.

Also props to Emily for getting it like 70% right and not taking the focus off jenn by wearing something totally distractingly inappropriate.
IDK, sometimes Ben's adoration of Jenn gets a little too intense and borderline fetishy to me. It's been what, 3 years together and he's still this over the top lovey-dovey? Like chill out dude.

100% agree on Emily's bridesmaid dress. Her daily amount of erm, exposure still boggles my mind.

bookworm88
Talker
Talker

Post by bookworm88 »

RedPandaNinja wrote:Does anyone know why his parents seemed to be wearing earbuds at the korean blessing?
I think they were wearing some sort of translation devices.

inmensidad
Informer
Informer

Post by inmensidad »

vanillafilter wrote:. I thought her wedding dress was basic as well, but I think she probably had it custom made because she's so petite. It's a pain in the ass getting a wedding dress off the rack that fits without extensive alterations and considering the cost of wedding dress alterations ($$$$) you might as well go custom.
Hmm but none of the nice wedding dresses shops sell dresses off the rack :? I doubt she would go to a store where they do just that. Such brands as Pronovias take their client's measures and make a new dress to make it fit perfectly fine. All of the ones that are in the store are solely for the trying on purposes.
Which is why, it is still weird she went for a custom one since it's not unique. Anyhow, it could also be due to two reasons:
1) it was sponsored
2) she just wanted to be able to say that it's custom no matter how basic it was.

I saw more pictures from the wedding and Ben's pants look so awkward... I understand he wanted to incorporate some edginess, but it just looks like he bought pants that were too small for him.

I also wonder if Ben is over the top with his love because he's so used to Jenn filming their "let's hug for 2 minutes on camera before I leave" moments and knows their whole life is now their business. I do believe he loves her and all, but after all those staged vlogs where they set up a camera and then have a moment, their lovey-dovey stuff doesn't impress me, lol.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

bookworm88 wrote:
biggossipyswampy wrote:they do appear to be in some kind of superlove. He seems to madly adore her and be her rock. I do admire that, envy it I suppose.

Also props to Emily for getting it like 70% right and not taking the focus off jenn by wearing something totally distractingly inappropriate.
IDK, sometimes Ben's adoration of Jenn gets a little too intense and borderline fetishy to me. It's been what, 3 years together and he's still this over the top lovey-dovey? Like chill out dude.

100% agree on Emily's bridesmaid dress. Her daily amount of erm, exposure still boggles my mind.
3 years is actually not a very long time moreover they've spent like the first year or so in a LDR, so it make sense that they're still in their "honeymoon phase". just watched the new vlog and those scenes with ben's parents were so awkward... she didn't talk to them at all and even during dinner she sat at the other end of the table lol what a way to bond with your in-laws. i can just imagine how painful it must be for her to have them live in her house :| :| maybe there's a lot going behind the camera but somehow i can just feel the awkward atmosphere lol.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

bookworm88 wrote:

bookworm88 wrote:

3 years is actually not a very long time moreover they've spent like the first year or so in a LDR, so it make sense that they're still in their "honeymoon phase". just watched the new vlog and those scenes with ben's parents were so awkward... she didn't talk to them at all and even during dinner she sat at the other end of the table lol what a way to bond with your in-laws. i can just imagine how painful it must be for her to have them live in her house :| :| maybe there's a lot going behind the camera but somehow i can just feel the awkward atmosphere lol.

emmagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmagossiper »

Why do jenns parents always clean her house? Is it not weird?

And wow ben is so skinny

tiistai
Learner
Learner

Post by tiistai »

timesnewroman wrote:I feel like she is either gonna keep her last name or hyphenate. Jenn Im is basically a brand to her at this point and hyphenating is like new wave feminism kind of stuff she would like to portray. Like Beyoncé

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
they were tagged on instagram in a video post (@jodiasher) where they were introduced as ben and jenn jolliffe. :/ i don't know if jenn is actually more conservative than she wants to show or is she trying to please others but it's dissappointing nonetheless. the name, the engagement ring, the wedding dress all seem too traditional for someone who once was so cool and alternative. but tbh it's no surprise that her feminism is limited to liberal / choice feminism, as a lot of it is just for looks.

also, did anyone else think it was weird that she referred to ben as "future baby daddy" in her first wedding instagram photo??

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

tiistai wrote:
timesnewroman wrote:I feel like she is either gonna keep her last name or hyphenate. Jenn Im is basically a brand to her at this point and hyphenating is like new wave feminism kind of stuff she would like to portray. Like Beyoncé

also, did anyone else think it was weird that she referred to ben as "future baby daddy" in her first wedding instagram photo??

Yeah, I read that too and I was like :? ... especially since everything leading up to it was so sweet and then... that. Everything about Jenn is so gauche.

emmagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmagossiper »

Future baby daddy sounds creepy :?

Wat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wat »

^ Yeah, it sounds kinda trashy. I get the whole soulmate and love of your life kinda deal, but future baby daddy? No thanks.

I didn't like Ben's mom's dress. I know it has flowers on it, but it kinda bugged me how it was white.

the_nomad
Informer
Informer

Post by the_nomad »

lawyerbarbie wrote:I feel like shell take Ben's last name. I have a feeling she would like having a white sounding last name
tiistai wrote:

they were tagged on instagram in a video post (@jodiasher) where they were introduced as ben and jenn jolliffe. :/ i don't know if jenn is actually more conservative than she wants to show or is she trying to please others but it's dissappointing nonetheless. the name, the engagement ring, the wedding dress all seem too traditional for someone who once was so cool and alternative. but tbh it's no surprise that her feminism is limited to liberal / choice feminism, as a lot of it is just for looks.
Hearing her being announced as Jennifer Jolliffe was a bit disappointing because her name is her brand and she built up and created her success way before marrying Ben and becoming 'Mrs. Jolliffe'. I mean the whole reasoning behind taking the husband's last name is very archaic and sexist (women become the husband's property). But I wouldn't be surprised if she did take on his surname because it's a white sounding name and that appeals to her on a deeper level than retaining her maiden name. Also, I watched the vlog and I think it pretty much confirms that she did take on his surname. Around the 4:09 mark you see on the dry erase board "Confirm J. Jolliffe, Buy Return Ticket to Greece -> LA". So I guess that means her future title threads can't be "I'm..." jokes anymore.

The Korean blessing ceremony was very sweet and her mom looked amazing. I loved that her dad sang to her and did the heart pose at the end of the song, it was freaking adorable. Also, in regards to Jenn not sitting near Ben's parents when they went out to dinner with part of Ben's groomsmen, I think was in part because Ben's mom is not comfortable being filmed so Jenn sat on the opposite end so she can still film. This is off the assumption from the Korean blessing ceremony where Ben's mom shied away when the camera panned to her. It's about time Jenn is finally going to London and hopefully she will make more of an effort with his friends and family while there. After all she is a Jolliffe now.

I know the video wasn't sponsored per say but she did name drop a lot of products she was using or gifted throughout the video. Sneaky sneaky.

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

kimdoyeon wrote:
bookworm88 wrote:

bookworm88 wrote:

They've been dating for like 4 years now and haven't they been living together for like 2 years already? i'd say the honeymoon phase is pretty over.

perolikewhytho
Lurker
Lurker

Post by perolikewhytho »

Emily’s dress looked white to me, which caught me off guard.. but I think she chose the lightest shade of pink known to man.. lol.. and did she really have to wear her wedding shoes at Jenn’s wedding? She also didn’t post any pictures congratulating Jenn either. She’s definetely the type to want to over step her “friends”.. watch out Jenn! :? I personally thought her wedding was beautiful and pretty traditional. I know we expected something unique/alternative but I can understand that she’d want to keep the wedding traditional since this would be something she would always remember.

Snazzy3
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Snazzy3 »

as a resident of LA, I actually thought her wedding was very standard/boring... she could have put so much more personality into her wedding. Take a look at timothy de la ghetto and chia's wedding (they also got married this past weekend)... it looks so much fun. So many celebrities get married at Calamigos Ranch (ie, aaron paul, kyle newacheck, etc.) and they all have the same aesthetics... blush tints, pink roses, more pink, girly, etc. There are so many great venues in LA that can be used as a blank canvas to add your personal touches to it. Judging from the photos and videos it just seemed so vanilla... nothing screams out jenn to me? the whole wedding is very "style me pretty" blog styled... meh

also does anyone think 11 posts of wedding photos in 3 days overkill? we get it...

nonetheless, i am happy for them!

illuminate
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by illuminate »

I supposed with taking his last name, her dream has come true -- she's finally the basic white girl she's always aspired to be.

emmagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmagossiper »

Maybe it seems odd to me, because of cultural differences. But is it not quit small wedding menu? A salad, main course option and a cake ?

telephone
Informer
Informer

Post by telephone »

i don't think the menu is small at all, but i will say it's incredibly basic!

ohnoshedidnt
Talker
Talker

Post by ohnoshedidnt »

I also thought her dress was plain/basic but maybe it's refreshing considering how "try hard" her style has been?

I thought her Korean blessing ceremony was lovely. It would be interesting if she put together a video about planning an intercultural wedding considering their union meant the merging of many intersecting identities.

Petty but....Jenn, Ben, and other folks shared instagram stories from the dance floor. I can't get over Jenn's terrible dancing!

Return to “Jenn Im”