Been thanked: 0

Re: Caroline TheObnoxiousOversizedChild Hirons PT2

Post by Shinichi »

Eat My Shorts wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:24 am
Shinichi wrote:
Eat My Shorts wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:33 pm
cristea123 wrote:I'm getting married this year and my maid of honor told me she'd like like to gift me eyelash extensions for the special day. But I am REALLY hesitating because I remind myself of how Caroline looks with them and how they look like spider legs crawling out of her eyeball

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Have you thought about having them permed? Haven’t tried it myself but looks more natural! ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I'd rather have a lash lift as well. I had better results with it. I didn't like eyelash extensions on me because the person who applied them did a bad job so I was stuck with weirdlooking eyelashes for weeks. With a lift your eyelashes get more of a lift and you can still decide how much mascara you want to apply and which parts of your lashes you want to enhance more.

Also I can't believe Caroline isn't even 50 yet. She looks like someone in their mid to late 60s and yet people call her a skin expert??

?

Shinichi
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Shinichi »

Cantwatchthisanymore wrote: Does she not realise the top heavy lashes look is not a trend. She resembles a “bleached” whale!
KJB should give her some makeup tips.

The lashes look like they wanna escape!!

ImageImage
She needs to refrain from sugar prontissimo. She looks like someone who stuffs her face with chocolates and muffins all day long.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Shinichi wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:17 pm
Cantwatchthisanymore wrote: Does she not realise the top heavy lashes look is not a trend. She resembles a “bleached” whale!
KJB should give her some makeup tips.

The lashes look like they wanna escape!!

ImageImage
She needs to refrain from sugar prontissimo. She looks like someone who stuffs her face with chocolates and muffins all day long.
I stuff my face with chocolates and muffins all day long and I look WAY BETTER than that.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Shinichi
Talker
Talker

Post by Shinichi »

But you aren't her age or are you? I can tell you that her face is the result of sugar consumption and not of getting a tan here and there. Sugar has the same damaging effects to the skin like smoking does. She doesn't really have that many wrinkles but she has extremely saggy skin.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Shinichi wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:41 pm
But you aren't her age or are you? I can tell you that her face is the result of sugar consumption and not of getting a tan here and there. Sugar has the same damaging effects to the skin like smoking does. She doesn't really have that many wrinkles but she has extremely saggy skin.
No I'm younger. Dunno how much younger though.

I'd venture the state of Caroline's face is a combo of things. Her actually pretty shit skincare routine (no SPF, overloading her skin with a million different strong ingredients at once etc.). Her lack of basic hydration (I don't know this of course- but I'd bet money she doesn't drink enough water). Her smoking (again - don't know but I bet she does or at least did for a long time). Her genes. Her alcohol consumption (now we KNOW she likes a few jars 😉). And yes - her diet (and maybe her lack of exercise - but again don't know this. Tbf we don't know her diet either mind but like you I'd bet it isn't great).

Basically I have to stick up for my fellow doughnut munchers here. There is no way sugar *alone* can make someone look that bad.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

hopelesscoffeeaddict
Informer
Informer

Post by hopelesscoffeeaddict »

Shinichi wrote:
I'm about her age (give or take a few years) and eat a lot sugar and I look ten years younger at least. I have never smoked and rarely drink alcohol, I also use sunscreen every day and have since my teens. Sugar doesn't age the skin as badly as smoking, and sun damage is one of THE main reasons for premature ageing. That plus genetics, of course.

agirlwillbequeen
Debater
Debater

Post by agirlwillbequeen »

Now I don’t want to sound like I’m defending her here, I thoroughly loathe her demeanour and holier than thou attitude and thinking she’s the dogs bollocks.
But commenting that someone that looks like her shouldn’t be giving skincare advice is like saying a doctor can’t give you medical advice if they have cancer. Genetics and hormones which generally you can’t control play a key part in the facial structure and skin and how it looks when collagen production declines. Her knowing about ingredients and what they do is generally more than the average consumer knows and her ordering people to use specific products is successful because the market is saturated and consumers don’t know where to turn so having a loud shouty woman telling what to use is why they follow her.
I could give you a million recommendations as someone who loves learning about ingredients, does it mean my skin is flawless? Far from it, it is because my skin is difficult that I have researched into what everything does.
Everyone falling over her like she’s the reincarnation of Christ makes me laugh, she has a big mouth and the right connections and that is all it takes. I can’t wait for the car crash of a book, does anyone read skincare books? How many chapters are going to be dedicated to flannels?

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^ Well.... yes and no. I'm willing to subscribe to the theory that how your skin looks is more down to behaviour and environment than whether or not you get cancer. But hey, even that is partially down to us apparently. - Less down to us than our skin looking shit though I'd imagine.

So a doctor who gets cancer is .... Well a doctor who gets cancer. They're not selling anything. They're just practising medicine and happen to get a disease.

Caroline however is selling skincare - she's selling her advice as something valuable. Selling how to look young. Selling how to look good. She looks neither, so people call her out on it. Tell you one medical professional you CAN kinda liken her to - the nurse who smokes outside the hospital, then goes inside and lectures her patients on how to avoid lung cancer.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Basically - medicine isn't subjective, Caroline's opinion on skincare is.

Tbh personally I might actually side-eye a doctor with lung cancer who I knew had smoked for 50 years cause I'd know they hadn't taken medical advice seriously themselves. But I'm not gonna NOT follow their advice because their advice is based on actual medical science not opinion.

Shinichi
Talker
Talker

Post by Shinichi »

hopelesscoffeeaddict wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:32 am
Shinichi wrote:
I'm about her age (give or take a few years) and eat a lot sugar and I look ten years younger at least. I have never smoked and rarely drink alcohol, I also use sunscreen every day and have since my teens. Sugar doesn't age the skin as badly as smoking, and sun damage is one of THE main reasons for premature ageing. That plus genetics, of course.
We don't know Caroline's exact life conditions. Maybe you workout or are more active in your daily life and burn off all the carbs you consume. I smoke occasionally and have no wrinkles at age 37. I even have people in my family who have been smokers for over 40 years and don't have cancer but it doesn't mean that smoking isn't unhealthy and doesn't damage the skin. Sugar has very bad effects on the skin which aren't less bad than the effects from smoking from what I've seen. Like smoking it can also cause strokes and cancer.

Maybe it's really a combination of things Caroline did or does like WORDSALAD suggested. We don't know, all we can do is speculate. Many people tend to underestimate the effects of sugar and it was barely mentioned here, so I threw this possibility in as well. In her old pictures she also looks pretty old for her age so she must have done some pretty damaging things early on (like alcohol maybe). Since she lives in the UK I don't know how she tans and how much tanning she gets but she is overweight so it's not unlikely that she is an avid consumer of sugar and since she seems to have more saggy than wrinkly skin I think it has more to do with her diet. Tanning and smoking cause more wrinkling and for the sun to wrinkle your skin really badly you must be outside in the sun a lot, like when you live in Southern Europe and spend most of your days outside.

Imo Caroline ticks every box:

Here some article about a study that links suagr consumption with aging but there are many many more:

https://nationalpost.com/health/sugar-a ... study-says

And believe me, I LOVE sugar. I'm not saying some muffin once in a while will turn someone in a wrinkly old goblin, it's the amount of sugar on a regular basis that makes the difference. Sugar is widespread everywhere, even in some alchoholic beverages.

SammieG
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by SammieG »

Faces will slide south for most people once they hit their 40s and 50s no matter what you do. In her case, it's those jowls--her cheeks are sagging. She did admit to botox and fillers last year, but it doesn't look like she's gone for a top-up. I wonder if she'll get a "makeover" before her book launch...

Post by Guest »

Things she can do to improve her appearance:

-STOP dying her hair that awful colour
-lose more weight
-cease with the fake tan and overuse of blush
-lay off the mascara

I think a lot of the problems with her appearance stem from the fact that she seems to be trying to look like a 20 year old and it simply does not work for her. Mature women can look beautiful in their own right, but they generally don't try to look the same as they did when they were 20 (and if they do, it looks tacky).

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

I say her lifestyle is well reflected on her face

tadahhhhh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tadahhhhh »

Jesus, she looks rough in her Insta Live thing.
Did she get a brow lift or something? She looks like a haggard old version of Maleificent. The Botox or whatever it is looks weird on her face. She’d look a lot better if she just lost weight. Instead she looks smooth and stretched out yet also puffy and saggy at the same time? And the camel lashes. Ugh. I still don’t get why anyone listens to a word of her skincare “advice”. She looks rough AF. Too much food, too much booze in my opinion. No amount of Botox or overpriced serum is ever going to fix that.

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

NO WAY does she look like this? At this is who people are still using for skincare advice? She looks frightening.

Dr Dray Liar Liar
Informer
Informer

Post by Dr Dray Liar Liar »

Hello! New on this forum, and I have to admit I was sucked into watching Caroline again because her calling out the shitty companies over treatment of their staff was spot on. I thought anyway. It's where her mouthiness suits the situation.

But then I watched a few Lives and OMG some of the advice she shoots out is nonsense. And she says it with such confidence and authority! And contradicts herself, while saying that she "always always always says" whatever it is. I can't watch. Thankfully I found this thread, and feel sane again. Thank you, thank you.

Second, I wanted to ask those of you who follow her closely whether she has much to do with Lisa Potter-Dixon these days? Used to be Benefit's head MUA. Lisa started giving Caroline's page shout-outs out of no-where so I was wondering.
Also, I was curious about lisa so I started a topic on her - One of Caroline's previous threads is the only place she has come up on GG. So if there are cross-over Gossipers who have opinions on Lisa, please scoot over to that thread and fill me in. Caroline is very different from her in some ways, but they potentially overlap in their fake-ery.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

20200419_124803.jpg
Can't believe the UK press are still peddling this woman as some sort of skincare authoritah. This is her on the FRONT COVER of a leading paper's Sunday magazine supplement.

Now I'm not saying fatasses or less-than-beautiful people shouldn't be on front covers, unairbrushed (my god, I hope this is unairbrushed!!), but this woman's face is supposed to be an advert for her brand, and is supposed to sell me other brands' products. 😂😂😂
20200419_124814.jpg
Quote: "Yes I've had fillers but I don't want my face to look like a stretched drum"
So this is her AFTER fillers. I mean wtf. She would look even more of a state otherwise. And yet she's trying to SELL US SKINCARE.

Not only that, she's giving (mostly sensible, I have to say, but there are some absolute HOWLERS like the overuse of chemical exfoliants and 'layering' everything which I know is a common thing nowadays but.... fuck that hasn't done her any good has it?! 😂.... I think she conveniently left off trashing SPF for once though) advice before recommending EXHORBITANTLY EXPENSIVE products. I know this is generally a magazine's job, but please don't recruit this self-appointed 'expert' as your gatekeeper when you could just stick to your regular editor who get paid to shill for brands. I despair of the press these days, honestly.

She also disses younger influencers "who are half her body weight and have half her experience". Bitterman don't win you no dermatology qualifications, you hack.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

She makes me cringe. Being in my profession doesn't get a lot of respect as is and we don't need her BS associated.
If she thinks younger people don't have the correct education then TEACH them. Also bitter much?! I'm around her age too and we had our time with flawless skin. Age happens.
And skincare needn't be expensive, nor do you need 12 step routines. It's overkill.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

StuckInThe90s
Informer
Informer

Post by StuckInThe90s »

She's getting a fuckton of press because she has a book coming out. The launch got pushed back. So strap yourselves in for much more of her face and shenanigans.

gemh94
Talker
Talker

Post by gemh94 »

Can someone explain why TF do her "skincare boxes" always always sell out in such a short time? Her advice is crap and changes with whoever is paying her, the products are usually not even remarkable and no one needs shitloads of gimmicky products!! ugh. As someone who used to follow her skincare routines back in the day (which destroyed my skinbarrier and gave me horrible comedones and thus acne) I just can't believe how people take her advice so blindly

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”