Brat

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Brat

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Brat has a new show out with Kalani Hilliker from Dance Moms looks like Brat will take anyone with any kind of name attached to them. I’m wondering when we will see Kendall and Nia with shows. With Elianna coming on with a show as well, that’s 3 dance mom kids all on this channel. At this point they’re just handing out shows.

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

My daughters and I do watch Chicken Girls, (and the Mani nonsense only because Hayley LeBlanc is in it, apart from that it's utter shite), but all the other Brat shows, nope, no interests, = Crap doesn't get better if you produce a lot of it.

musiclover12
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by musiclover12 »

Did anyone watch the first episode of Kalani's new show? Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PinkGinFairy
Debater
Debater

Post by PinkGinFairy »

musiclover12 wrote:Did anyone watch the first episode of Kalani's new show? Thoughts?

I enjoyed it! Though was a bit confused about the 2 guys the main one and the one with Lilias character. Are they supposed to be enemy’s? That’s what it looked like on the bridge but then they are talking about this colour ride and seemed to be quite friendly!
And there was no point to the story for Kalani to be in the library dancing.
Overall I’m looking forward to seeing it progress, the acting was better. I think
I enjoy “Millwood” (total eclipse and dirt) better than “Attaway” (Chicken girls and Mani)

musiclover12
Informer
Informer

Post by musiclover12 »

Lauralou_15 wrote:
musiclover12 wrote:Did anyone watch the first episode of Kalani's new show? Thoughts?

I enjoyed it! Though was a bit confused about the 2 guys the main one and the one with Lilias character. Are they supposed to be enemy’s? That’s what it looked like on the bridge but then they are talking about this colour ride and seemed to be quite friendly!
Overall I’m looking forward to seeing it progress, the acting was better. I think
I enjoy “Millwood” (total eclipse and dirt) better than “Attaway” (Chicken girls and Mani)
I agree with the library scene, I kind of rolled my eyes when she started dancing tbh...

Dirt has a more mature feel to it I think, not sure if I like any of the characters yet, especially Kalani's. Oh well, time will only tell.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Lauralou_15 wrote:

I agree about the guys being portrayed as enemies and then they are being friendly in another scene. Wasn’t sure if that was supposed to be a puffing of the chest sort of thing cause of the girl being there but then he is trying to entice the other character to do the color ride cause she will be there. It’s confusing also confusing and not very believable that all these people are related to each other but treat the little girl as some weird foster child instead of their supposed sister. Also the library dance scene was not really necessary. But I’ll give it a few episodes. This is the first show that has an over all decent cast of actors. The only other show with a decent amount of good actors is Total Eclipse. Though the nerdy cool girl is a bit robotic at times.

musiclover12
Informer
Informer

Post by musiclover12 »

Does Mackenzie have her own thread anywhere? I feel like this was the only appropriate place to post this but I was on Instagram and I think she got hacked on there...

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

musiclover12 wrote:Does Mackenzie have her own thread anywhere? I feel like this was the only appropriate place to post this but I was on Instagram and I think she got hacked on there...

It does look like she was hacked... lemme guess an Annie stan? The LeBlancs need to address this but my guess is after Billy’s rendition of “if you’re Emo and you know it kill yourself” I bet he is loving seeing the minions take down innocent children.

musiclover12
Informer
Informer

Post by musiclover12 »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
musiclover12 wrote:Does Mackenzie have her own thread anywhere? I feel like this was the only appropriate place to post this but I was on Instagram and I think she got hacked on there...

It does look like she was hacked... lemme guess an Annie stan? The LeBlancs need to address this but my guess is after Billy’s rendition of “if you’re Emo and you know it kill yourself” I bet he is loving seeing the minions take down innocent children.
It's probably not even a fan for all we know. But some fan accounts are even going as far as saying it was Annie who did it.

I hope Instagram fixes it for her soon, though.

Changeofheart
Debater
Debater

Post by Changeofheart »

The Zieglers get hacked more than anyone I’ve ever seen. It’s crazy.

musiclover12
Informer
Informer

Post by musiclover12 »

All her posts are gone and the Insta story is kinda weird, they're certainly trying their best to act like it's really her. ImageImage

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

No. Actually mine was glitching too. It wasn’t loading activity, pages, stories. I shut my phone off and restarted it. Didn’t work. So I deleted the app and reloaded it and it didn’t work. It finally worked and that’s when I saw Kenzie’s story. So I don’t think she was making it look like an accident.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Though her posts are back, they are from 2 years ago. So idk what’s up with that. Lemme check other people’s pages and see if that’s happening to them too.

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

Some of the top comments in the new CG episode:

"How come those girls with gold costumes had 5 people when u have the have a min of 6?"

"When powersurge performed their performance I couldn't tell if the crowd was booing or cheering lol"

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

So that is how Chicken Girls is going to be left? Man, I'll bet the producers are kicking themselves that they waited too long to get the money shot (the Hannie kiss) for the ultimate views. They racked up some extra views by teasing it and using clickbait but that's not the same as the wealth they would have accumulated by having them actually kiss onscreen. They really should have struck while the iron was hot, during the Little Do You Know craze. Not sure why they waited because I'm pretty sure it didn't have to do with the producers being moral and decent and not wanting to sexualize kids for views and pretty sure the Summerall and LeBlanc parents would be all for anything that would send their kids' respective stars on the rise.

But maybe I am underestimating Annie. Maybe she WILL suck it up and come back to the Chicken Girls set, surround herself with kids she has cut ties with and film a third season. Maybe Katie and Billy have taught her that she should honor her commitments and that if she were in a normal school situation she would still have to go back and face Hayden and all the other kids.

It's crazy to think that actual grown ups' jobs were influenced by the whims of two middle schoolers. Like the people who were going to write the book series (not sure if that is happening now), the movie, and all the other stuff that was riding on the Hannie ship. I'm sure these adults will move on to another ship to capitalize on (because Hannie was never that special to begin with), but that is a ton of pressure to be placed on kids. Not that I think Annie and Hayden were sitting up at night worrying about the fall out from their break up, but still. This Instagram Hollywood world is so messed up.

I also feel bad that the writers did finally try to weave an actual plot into the show with the story about the former Chicken Girls and Tim's story about them. I feel bad because no matter if they wrote a Nobel Prize winning plot, all those stupid kid fans would care about would be Hannie. That's all the comments would be about. I have never been one of these "get off my lawn, life was so much better when I was a kid" people, but there is something seriously wrong with kids these days that Annie and Hayden were the only reason people tuned into Chicken Girls. As bad as it was, some of the other actors weren't that bad, there was chemistry or at least potential for chemistry among other couples on the show, but all the kids wanted to see was Hannie awkwardly recite their lines to each other while Hayden stared blankly off into space. I hope one of the other (better) Brat shows will take off in popularity and prove me wrong.

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

Tonight's Mani was only six minutes long. Not unusual, but in the beginning there was this succession of short clips that looked like what some shows do to catch you up in case you missed an episode. But these scenes (which looked like they might have been interesting) which were cut down to a few seconds, were actually apart of the new episode. I mean, Harmony and Mani barely survived a snake attack, got kidnapped and diamonds came out of their wounds...but let's get on to the important stuff...the third grade love quadrangle!

I saw a comment on the other thread that the kids in the comments of the Mani video don't seem to know who the Good Luck Charlie girl is. That's weird because when the girl's first episode came out I checked the comments and they were all "I'm only here to see what Charlie looks like now." I guess those old fans didn't stick with the show and they are relying on Hayley's star power now. They really could have a decent (for a kids you tube series) show here if they would stop bringing in new characters they think will bring views, let the kids speak and act like real kids, use more continuity and develop the characters more. Piper is a good actress and Hayley is on her way so there is no need to keep changing things up and bringing in new people. They need to work with what they have.

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

Annie’s new show is called “a girl named jo” one of her cast members hash tagged it.

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

chloesweb85 wrote:Annie’s new show is called “a girl named jo” one of her cast members hash tagged it.
Ok, I saw this and then went to look through the tags and found this: "my aunt works as an editor at brat and i asked her if she knew anything about annie's new show and she said she can't tell me everything but her characters name is ronnie. she plays soccer and is really butch. she is also a nerd who is picked on and likes to read. that's all she can tell me for now though." :rofl: I mean, obviously not true because she will be playing Jo, but it cracks me up to think of Annie playing a character like that. Too many layers, too nuanced a role for Miss LeBlanc.

Oh and here is the cast pic from the Jo show for everyone else. Thanks for the heads up.

MissRozzy
Debater
Debater

Post by MissRozzy »

brokenwing29 wrote:
chloesweb85 wrote:Annie’s new show is called “a girl named jo” one of her cast members hash tagged it.
Ok, I saw this and then went to look through the tags and found this: "my aunt works as an editor at brat and i asked her if she knew anything about annie's new show and she said she can't tell me everything but her characters name is ronnie. she plays soccer and is really butch. she is also a nerd who is picked on and likes to read. that's all she can tell me for now though." :rofl: I mean, obviously not true because she will be playing Jo, but it cracks me up to think of Annie playing a character like that. Too many layers, too nuanced a role for Miss LeBlanc.

Oh and here is the cast pic from the Jo show for everyone else. Thanks for the heads up.

Damn they must stalk here cause the photo is gone already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by keliza »

brokenwing29 wrote:

If this is real...what??? Annie playing soccer? A butch girl? a nerd who likes to read? This is the Annie who obsesses over her hair, nails, and makeup and having the trendiest clothes, who hates school and is never, ever, seen with a book, and is probably scared to death of a soccer ball? If she can actually act any of these things I will eat my hat. She could barely act herself in CG.

Though let me guess, the plot will be about how despite being an unpopular unfashionable (I'm sure that is what they mean by butch) nerd girl that hasn't hit puberty yet, all the boys will fall in love with her, and she'll learn to care about makeup and hair and fashion and flirting with the boys. They built this show for her, specifically, so I don't know what on earth they are thinking.

This is going to be hilariously awful.

Oh, and as far as chemistry reads go, it wasn't about Annie having chemistry with the other cast members, it was about them having chemistry with her, because she was going to be the star of the show no matter what. I kind of wonder if it isn't a bit embarrassing for these other cast members to play supporting roles for Annie. If any of them can act, that is, certainly yet to be seen.

Return to “Bratayley”