Dan & Phil Part 61:Danneedsreassurance & AmazingPigeonfest

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 61:Danneedsreassurance & AmazingPigeonfe

Post by Disney_Wolf »

To me it just makes more sense that he says 'maybe we don't have to listen to the comments' than 'baby, we don't have to listen'
And I'm not an anti, it just seems for Dan's reaction to the feet question was it for him to have that 'what the f Phil why pick that? Because they suggested it well surprise Phil MAYBE JUST MAYBE we don't have to do what they tell us to' kind of reaction x

Post by Guest »

Disney_Wolf wrote:To me it just makes more sense that he says 'maybe we don't have to listen to the comments' than 'baby, we don't have to listen'
And I'm not an anti, it just seems for Dan's reaction to the feet question was it for him to have that 'what the f Phil why pick that? Because they suggested it well surprise Phil MAYBE JUST MAYBE we don't have to do what they tell us to' kind of reaction x
That’s what I thought too. He mumbles so much when he isn’t focusing on talking into the camera. I always felt like that was a big problem with the gaming channel. The screaming wouldn’t be as bad if you didn’t have to turn the volume all the way up to try to understand what was being said in the first place...

teaforme
Learner
Learner

Post by teaforme »

dan or Phil: mumbles a word

Fan base: WAs ThAt A Pet NamE PhAn ConfIRmEd
:love2: With Love, Reality :love2:

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

just fyi this thread is reaching the end. one more page and it'll go to part 62. so suggest names for the next part
The Internet knows all your secrets

YellowLadybird
Informer
Informer

Post by YellowLadybird »

DanHasQuitYouTube and AmazingEnabler

Apple In My Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Apple In My Pie »

DanIsNotAYoutuber and AmazingHiatus

Post by Guest »

Disney_Wolf wrote:
taco baco wrote:
Disney_Wolf wrote:
taco baco wrote:Do they plan to release bloopers for this PINOF? I really haven’t been keeping up with them.
Dan released them on Christmas day x
Thanks, I have Dumb Bitch disease. Also, not to encourage the hardcore shippers, but I think Dan did say baby. The closed captioning they make had it as baby. Or one of them put it as that as a joke. I don't think it was that deep though, he wasn't saying it seriously.
Isn't the closed captions something fans write though and not Dan himself? So it would've been a fan writing baby in it instead of maybe x
I think someone complained about the fans writing things wrong and writing in jokes and how that isn’t helpful for people who are actually dependent on closed captioning and Dan said he would look into hiring someone. I’m sure looking into hiring someone for a channel that is on hiatus will take up so much of his time and be so much work. We should all just give him the love and support and reassurance he needs when he doesn’t make any main channel videos. He needs a break for self-care people!!!!!

Post by Guest »

So, serious question to spice things up: If Dan and or Phil ever came out and said they had a serious girlfriend and or they had a girlfriend they were planning on moving in with, how do you think the phandom would react?

I think there would definitely be more pitchforks if it were Dan as opposed to Phil, but other than that there are so many possibilities as to what would go down on tumblr after that kind of revelation (note: I purposely chose girlfriends because I think that would have the strongest reaction).

(Edited to correct my iPhone’s ducking autocorrections)

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

aryasfavoriteword wrote:So, serious question to spice things up: If Dan and or Phil ever came out and said they had a serious girlfriend and or they had a girlfriend they were planning on moving in with, how do you think the phandom would react?

I think there would definitely be more pitchforks if it were Dan as opposed to Phil, but other than that there are so many possibilities as to what would go down on tumblr after that kind of revelation (note: I purposely chose girlfriends because I think that would have the strongest reaction).

It would be war. Both between phans and anti's and then towards the girlfriends.
Phans because 'oh no it should only be phan'
Anti's because they are mostly 'no, only I'm allowed to be with you!'
I also think they'd blow up the whole 'queer baiting' thing even though Dan and Phil have always just said they're friends and Phan ain't real (whether it is or it isn't, they have always just said they're friends and nothing more so it wouldn't make much sense for people to throw a hissy fit for queer baiting when that could really depend on where you stand in that. They've both said they aren't straight and both also said they aren't together so I don't see the baiting but each to their own)
I'm hoping they'd prove me wrong and be supportive of their 'faves' but we know the phandom, they haven't proven us wrong on things so far so I doubt they'll prove wrong on something this 'big'.

teaforme
Learner
Learner

Post by teaforme »

danisstillirrelevant and AmazingIrrelevency
:love2: With Love, Reality :love2:

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

Disney_Wolf wrote: (whether it is or it isn't, they have always just said they're friends and nothing more so it wouldn't make much sense for people to throw a hissy fit for queer baiting when that could really depend on where you stand in that. They've both said they aren't straight and both also said they aren't together so I don't see the baiting but each to their own)
agree wholeheartedly

finally figured out how to change this (sent from hell)

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

aryasfavoriteword wrote:So, serious question to spice things up: If Dan and or Phil ever came out and said they had a serious girlfriend and or they had a girlfriend they were planning on moving in with, how do you think the phandom would react?

The poor girl would be harassed. Fans would find her instagram, her Facebook, her twitter and post about how she’s dumb or ugly. The real crazies would contact her family (didn’t the 1D fans used to contact the mums, dads siblings of people)

The shippers would go full on “the girlfriend is a a beard” and the antis would just send her full on hate about stealing their man and calling her a gold digger and the like.

Dan or Phil could date a self made millionaire with a doctorate who looked like a supermodel and haters would still say omg golddigger, ugly stupid bitch111!!
Just your friendly neighbourhood bitch

pale-blue-monster
Debater
Debater

Post by pale-blue-monster »

Agreed if Dan or Phil ever came out to say they were dating another person, that person would be harassed constantly. Look what happened when, i think it was Hazel? called Phil honey or baby or something and she got so much hate because of that.

Post by Guest »

pale-blue-monster wrote:Agreed if Dan or Phil ever came out to say they were dating another person, that person would be harassed constantly. Look what happened when, i think it was Hazel? called Phil honey or baby or something and she got so much hate because of that.
They harassed Hazel?! Ugh, what is wrong with people.

I doubt they have been single all this time though (and if they didn’t have long term relationships, at least casual relationships) and am not sold on phan so I find this question interesting. Like, how would they even handle it since they NEVER put the phandom in its place?

Does anyone have thoughts on how it would be different if it was Phil vs Dan? I feel like people are a lot more forgiving and accepting of Phil than Dan. I think there would still be pitchforks but way less and there would be more people feeling the need to protect and defend him.

I feel like Dan, ESPECIALLY if he was dating a girl, would be in for a next level shitstorm and god that poor girl. I think since the majority of the phandom are girls, they would also be much crueler to any girlfriend then they would a boyfriend because they would feel more comfortable and like a girl is an easier target.

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

You right about the fact that they are a lot easier on Phil than they are Dan. I always found it interesting that they have this whole 'protect Phil' from any negativity but will happily throw Dan under the bus if something happens even though Dan seems to be the one out of them that handles negativity worse. Phil never really shows he cares about people being negative towards him, he just brushes it off as 'oh well I'm not your cup of tea, that's fine' but negativity towards Dan and he has like a melt down (maybe not so much anymore but he used to handle it badly). So yeah, I always found that weird and interesting that they protect and get defensive over 'baby Phil' even though Phil never seems to care what people say or think about him but can be pretty harsh on Dan when Dan has shown to have negative effects of it before x

Post by Guest »

Disney_Wolf wrote:You right about the fact that they are a lot easier on Phil than they are Dan. I always found it interesting that they have this whole 'protect Phil' from any negativity but will happily throw Dan under the bus if something happens even though Dan seems to be the one out of them that handles negativity worse. Phil never really shows he cares about people being negative towards him, he just brushes it off as 'oh well I'm not your cup of tea, that's fine' but negativity towards Dan and he has like a melt down (maybe not so much anymore but he used to handle it badly). So yeah, I always found that weird and interesting that they protect and get defensive over 'baby Phil' even though Phil never seems to care what people say or think about him but can be pretty harsh on Dan when Dan has shown to have negative effects of it before x
Sometimes (Sandra email) Dan completely brings it on himself by making an issue out of nothing, but I always found the reaction to Dan’s denials of phan in 2012 pretty interesting (I don’t even think he handled it all that poorly considering his age and the fact that a bunch of his issues weren’t even to do with phan but things like people stalking his family and friends but that’s another topic). I always hear people say how mean he was being to Phil and how out of line and poor Phil, but isn’t it painfully obvious that Phil would have known what Dan wasdoing denying Phan, since it involves him and effects him and obviously agreed with it to go along with it? I have a feeling if it came out that phan wasn’t real or was real but they broke up, if Dan was in another relationship, people would be mad at him for “doing that to Phil” and if Phil was in another relationship people would say it was Dan’s fault because he must have done something to make Phil move on. At this point, I don’t even get annoyed on Dan’s behalf although I do end up defending him if people take it too far(some people after his Living my truth video), but come on, at 31 or however old Phil is, people really think he doesn’t even have enough agency in his own life and intelligence to be able to decide something as simple as when he wants to say fuck in a video or not. End rant. :D

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

dan's never gonna hear the end of it if he were to ever get a gf.
the dangirls would drag her to the mud and the phannies would turn on him for queerbaiting.
the best solution if they are a couple and don't want to reveal it would be to get into a trouple with a guy. they both come out, reveal they broke up a long time ago and reveal they're still friends, and so people don't think they're pulling a mark and ethan and still dating off camera, they get a guy to join in, but to the public, that dude is dan's boyfriend, we have no idea they they're sharing.
it'd have to be dan's boyfriend because otherwise we'd get people going on about how bad it must be for dan's mental health to see his best friend/ex boyfriend with another guy and having it being rubbed on his face.
it'd also be great at least for phil's channel, because he could do videos like "who knows dan better?" and "boyfriend vs best friend"
/endjoke

but seriously, if either of them ever started dating a girl, the phandom would destroy them. a guy they'd let it slide. the phannies would be sad about phan not being real, but they'd project phan onto the relationship and eventually start fetishizing dan with his bf and phil with his bf the same way they do phan. and dangirls would probably just be hella homophobic as usual and then move on and start going after adrian

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

Oh no! I completely agree, Dan definitely does bring it on himself at times. I'm just saying I love how if phil did something or if someone said something about Phil they'd protect him like crazy but if Dan did something they wouldn't protect him or if someone said something mean about Danz they'd most likely join in and say worse things about him because 'its Dan' and 'phil is a baby that needs protected and can't handle negativity' when it's been shown to be the other way about :rofl:

It seems everyone has the same impression of either got a girlfriend then those poor girls better run for their life. Boyfriend would be a somewhat safer option (minus the homophobic Dan/philgirls) but a girlfriend would have all sides of the phandom in chaos x

Post by Guest »

Disney_Wolf wrote:Oh no! I completely agree, Dan definitely does bring it on himself at times. I'm just saying I love how if phil did something or if someone said something about Phil they'd protect him like crazy but if Dan did something they wouldn't protect him or if someone said something mean about Danz they'd most likely join in and say worse things about him because 'its Dan' and 'phil is a baby that needs protected and can't handle negativity' when it's been shown to be the other way about :rofl:

It seems everyone has the same impression of either got a girlfriend then those poor girls better run for their life. Boyfriend would be a somewhat safer option (minus the homophobic Dan/philgirls) but a girlfriend would have all sides of the phandom in chaos x
I agree with you on this post and your last on people being harder on Dan than Phil. I guess I just needed to rant haha.

I love how running through this one little scenario reminded me what a strange mix of fetishization, homophobia, and mysoginy makes up a large part of the phandom. We can definitely all agree that the “we love and support you and just want you to feel comfortable enough to be open with us” would go out the window. And the poor girls (I agree that if it were guys, at least the fetishizing gay relationships part of the phandom would let it slide).

I’m honestly suprised neither of them have exes that were stalked in the past. Not really Dan as much because high school but Phil was already through college and living on his own. Maybe I just missed this if it happened though being a casual viewer. I guess one of the reasons that peaks my curiousity, and it’s not just that or even necessarily anything to do with relationships, is that I just don’t understand how they manage to never have scandals or things come out of be leaked about them. It just seems so weird to me although maybe it has to do with their fans being very young. I’m just a cynic who has a hard time believing when people are too lucky haha!

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

dan's highschool gf erin was stalked. people found her social media, what her job is, all of it. not sure if it was posted here in earlier threads, but it was definitely shared amongst the phandom, since i remember seeing pics of her.
they basically just wanted to know what type of girl dan was into, since they all got the impression he was into non white girls, such as east asians. people assumed one of his friends who is of asian descent was erin(the one in the pic in a bikini and dan's in bathing shorts, and i think they got lei's around their necks), for a long time, until they found out erin is actually white and not that different from the average white girl that you'd see guys like the gleamers date

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”