Porcelain (Bridgette)

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Porcelain (Bridgette)

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

https://www.youtube.com/user/BridgetteA ... n/featured

Really surprised this girl doesn't have a thread yet, she pops up in my recommendations all the time. She is incredibly annoying and tbh seems v unintelligent. What's up with her Jeffree Star obsession? Creepy.

tuff ghost
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Re: Porcelain (Bridgette)

Post by tuff ghost »

“Creepy” is the exact word that came to mind when I discovered her videos a while back!! :D

I don’t hate her, when she’s just talking about normal makeup stuff she can be somewhat appealing, but whenever she talks about bigger YouTubers her eyes kind of glaze over and become glassy and you can tell how obsessed she is. She seems so starstruck and impressed by fame. I wonder how old she is? She seems so naïve.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

Never liked her because of the J* stanning but then she went on a Pale Princess rant in an anti-haul (which I don't think is even there anymore). Basically she ranted about how there's not enough outrage over lack of pale skin options :rofl: Bish you ain't even that pale. And of course mentioning Tarte Shape Tape, which she ended up reviewing.

Edit: I stand corrected, it was this anti-haul: https://youtu.be/EmfleGwuRus
Blending is my cardio.

Lil_Toast3r
Debater
Debater

Post by Lil_Toast3r »

I really wish she didn't post everyday. I get it, she's trying to grow her channel. BUT, I believe in quality over quantity. 3 videos a week that would be well edited and thought out, would be WAY better than 7 rushed and low-quality vids.

Post by Guest »

Glad there's a thread about her . . . The J* stanning (even after he attacked her on Twitter or something) rubbed me the wrong way, then I heard her pale princess rant, and then in her "Unsubscribing from Beauty Gurus" video she says she's unsubscribing from Carli Bybel because she "doesn't look like a real person." I'm not a fan of Carli whatsoever, but for some reason that came off as super catty to me. :?

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

I hate her spiel about “she does a video every single fricken day so subscribe.” She does it literally 3+ times per video and it just seems so desperate. She needs to read a thesaurus in her spare time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natori_Umi
Learner
Learner

Post by Natori_Umi »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:I hate her spiel about “she does a video every single fricken day so subscribe.” She does it literally 3+ times per video and it just seems so desperate. She needs to read a thesaurus in her spare time
What do you expect, even her intro (which I skip because of that) shows you how to click the subscribe-button. That's incredibly obnoxious on so many levels...
I watch her from time to time since she kept popping up in my recommendations like crazy, but more for background noise than anything else. She gives off this vibe of wanting to be famous fast because she doesn't (believe to?) have any other qualities than making semi-average videos.

makeup_wine_repeat
Debater
Debater

Post by makeup_wine_repeat »

Following :) Thank you, she needed a thread. Girl sounds like she has a problem with reading, speech and comprehension. Like a simple person.

peachiez
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peachiez »

This thread actually convinced me to make an account. No longer am i am lurker! <3 Is it just me or are a lot of these "smaller" (i use the term very loosely here) all starting to sound the same? They all preach the same ideals and go on about bigger youtubers and the issues they have with them. Not sure if they're trying to be relatable or if they're just bitter. :?

Anyway there was one video Bridgette, a video about what gurus she was unfollowing/going to still follow. She mentioned she was kinda bitter of Safiya Nygaard's growth as a channel. That kind of rubbed me wrong if i'm honest.

Also her complaining about "being pale and companies not making things for pale" had me dying. :rofl: I'm whiter than you are, girl! We have a LOT more options when compared to people on the other end of the spectrum. She seems bitter and almost like she expects to have mass success but again, that's how I think a lot of "smaller" channels are now a days.

-n3rvacid-
Talker
Talker

Post by -n3rvacid- »

peachiez wrote:This thread actually convinced me to make an account. No longer am i am lurker! <3 Is it just me or are a lot of these "smaller" (i use the term very loosely here) all starting to sound the same? They all preach the same ideals and go on about bigger youtubers and the issues they have with them. Not sure if they're trying to be relatable or if they're just bitter. :?

Anyway there was one video Bridgette, a video about what gurus she was unfollowing/going to still follow. She mentioned she was kinda bitter of Safiya Nygaard's growth as a channel. That kind of rubbed me wrong if i'm honest.

Also her complaining about "being pale and companies not making things for pale" had me dying. :rofl: I'm whiter than you are, girl! We have a LOT more options when compared to people on the other end of the spectrum. She seems bitter and almost like she expects to have mass success but again, that's how I think a lot of "smaller" channels are now a days.
That Safiya comment rubbed me the wrong way too. Safiya grew not just from Buzzfeed notoriety, but because she puts out constant, quality content. I personally love Safiya and think she is well deserving of her subscriber base.
And God the pale princess thing. I am very very fair myself... why is it all of a sudden a competition? Like... congratulations, you have very little pigment in your skin. I know of at least 5 companies that go light enough for me, yet one of my best friends literally just has Fenty. That's it. Being pale is not that big of an issue lol.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I don't really like when someone say that something is 'for old ladies' (perfume, makeup...), she said that in her 'makeup brand I find boring', a video in which she has lipstick on her teeth (maybe that would not happen with a less 'cooler' brand, a good pink lipstick is not that hard to find), also wore a very bad wig, yeah I would take my advices from her.

peachiez
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peachiez »

Nance wrote:I don't really like when someone say that something is 'for old ladies' (perfume, makeup...), she said that in her 'makeup brand I find boring', a video in which she has lipstick on her teeth (maybe that would not happen with a less 'cooler' brand, a good pink lipstick is not that hard to find), also wore a very bad wig, yeah I would take my advices from her.
I agree. That goes for a lot of gurus in general who won't go near more classic brands. I get it, obviously they're not going to have bright, loud colors ala colourpop. They're catering to a different group of women but that doesn't mean the products aren't as good. Just because the makeup isn't inspiring to you doesn't mean it isn't inspiring to other women. That's what drives me crazy about those companies that bore me videos. It comes off a bit judgmental i guess? I think you can look at a company and go "they're just not my taste/their products don't work for me personally" instead of flat out insulting the brand.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

I actually really liked the purple and I think she should have left it. It looked patchy but it kind of worked. It just makes me cringe when people who clearly don’t know wtf they’re doing post hair dye tutorials. Can’t believe she bleached her ends to lift the pink instead of using a color stripping shampoo. No wonder the purple wouldn’t stick because her poor ends were damaged af.

Post by Guest »

Idk what's up with her newest video (mixing more J* liquid lipsticks), but she looks . . . jaundice? It's either the lighting or she has some kind of weird filter on, her teeth look super yellow as well. And is it just me or is her hair ALWAYS greasy/wet looking?

Natori_Umi
Learner
Learner

Post by Natori_Umi »

....now she is testing foundations to see if they're "pale friendly". WTF is up with all these people acting like they're the palest ones on earth?

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

She’s not even pale tbh. She’s a regular white person

Annienew
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Annienew »

https://imgur.com/a/4gn9g

Lol what is this

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I've just seen one of her old video with the Jeffree black highlighter, she didn't even try to make it work. In the description she said 'This video is for FUN! No, I didn't think it looked good & I said that in the video. Makeup is for fun, don't take things so seriously.' Ok, but you could also have fun try to find a good way to put makeup, even using the highlighter as eyeshadow she sucked at it. It was like seeing a child playing with makeup. The like bar on that video is disable.

'I don't recommended it as face highlight'. Yeah, again, like I would take my advice makeup from her.

Some people use black/greyish face makeup for contour/blush/highlighter everyday, not even just the goth/witchy people, and just like a deep red blush, there are ways to make it look good, videos on the Internet aren't that hard to find.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

she says she's an NW15, so yeah, she really doesn't need a separate "pale friendly" foundation series :roll: Most ranges will suit her.
Blending is my cardio.

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

Not sure how I feel about her yet, but she supports a horrible human. I wouldn't give him a dime knowingly.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

Return to “Bridgette Turco”