Beneath the Glitter

jbee33
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Beneath the Glitter

Post by jbee33 »

doodlegirl09 wrote:In the Mall of America, a girl asked "How's Sawyer?" And everyone was quite shocked at the question. Blair was like "I don't know, I havent seen him 3 months" and everyone was all like "How could ask that?" and Blair said "It's okay." xD That's soo awkward.
Thats really awkward.. but what is interesting is that he was at the Beverly Center for FNO the same time Elle and Blair were. He was getting a cookie cake or something. But then again, there was a whole group of youtubers there so I guess its not that surprising.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

Review with spoilers

[youtube][/youtube]

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

THANK you to whoever posted a photo of that front letter in the book saying they worked with a "writing partner", and whoever posted the link about the ghost writer. I think that shows pretty good proof that the rumors/theories of a ghost writer were/are true.

I am really, honestly surprised by how many people showed up to their beverly center reading...holy shit!

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

You guys, "Beneath the Glitter" isn't on ANY of the NYTimes bestselling lists for this week...
anywhere.

OUCH.
http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/overview.html

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Wow...
To make things even worse, BTG isn't on any of Barnes and Noble's lists (best selling, hot books, recommended). It also isn't on Amazon's top 100 best selling books list, hot new releases list, OR their Teens genre bestselling lists.

So basically the book has been out for last two weeks and has officially bombed.

mimi
Talker
Talker

Post by mimi »

from the mall of america apearance in the video they say they were approached by a publishing house and asked to publish a book. true, but of course they didnt want to do a how to makeup book and instead wanted to do a novel. of course they wanted to do a novel. they dont want to be known as makeup experts; they want to be known as celebrities. and celebrities write young adult novels now. and they can make more more too, with sequels. its all about money, not creativity. they are so dull. they have that "it" quality, its true, but what else? i guess they dont need anything else. its what sells. and elle said they moved to la because she didnt like new york. um, no. it was to become a celebrity.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

Here's another review, an apperance at the Mall of America, and a get ready with me video.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

jbee33
Talker
Talker

Post by jbee33 »

notahatergator wrote:Wow...
To make things even worse, BTG isn't on any of Barnes and Noble's lists (best selling, hot books, recommended). It also isn't on Amazon's top 100 best selling books list, hot new releases list, OR their Teens genre bestselling lists.

So basically the book has been out for last two weeks and has officially bombed.
What? No the book was released on Sept. 4th.. so its been out for 4 days, Not 2 weeks.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

Another video appearance at the Mall of America.

[youtube][/youtube]

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

jbee33 wrote:

What? No the book was released on Sept. 4th.. so its been out for 4 days, Not 2 weeks.
And they've climbed about a thousand spots in their amazon seller rank since yesterday. Which is 20,000 spots higher than my favorite book so I'm going to say not exactly a bomb.

To put into perspective, I have a friend who writes and she makes her entire living off the sales of her books and does quite well. She's never made it into Amazon top 100

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

jbee33 wrote:

I didn't know when it came out because I honestly didn't care, but I knew that it hadn't been out very long.
Given the number of subscribers, youtube views and such they have, and the amount of publicity they've done on legit tv shows, etc, (both in the past for other things and recently for the book) it is a definite bomb.

Publishers don't order a sequel to a book upfront unless they predict that the first will do very well. And, to be honest, given Elle and Blair's audience size and such they had every right to think that it would. But unless it picks up speed and makes next week's NYTimes list(s), I honestly believe that their publishers will see it as a disappointment.

Bazinga!
Informer
Informer

Post by Bazinga! »

I just got back from Barnes and Noble... yeah I got their book. I read it for a bit and I'm kinda bored so I'm taking a break.

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

x_bethanyy wrote:
Mallory wrote:I bought the book. I liked the Lauren Conrad books because they're an easy read and so is Beneath the Glitter. There's tons of typos and run-on sentences. And it's big ones, not little ones. There's one word that has an apostrophe in the middle of it and several of the paragraphs are missing quotations at the end and beginning. Like person A will say something and there's no end quotations then person B will start talking with no beginning quotations.

If it IS written by a ghost writer, they must have failed English. And isn't the editor supposed to read through and catch major errors?
Typos, really?
Could you take a picture of a few and post them? Haha, I know that sounds weird.
I have it on my Kindle, so I'd have to skip back a lot to find them :( Give me till this weekend and I'll post them. The book doesn't seem that long.

blackityy
Learner
Learner

Post by blackityy »

I know this sounds bad but when did they get so 'famous'? I know they've got a lot of fans but now they are pseudo celebs or something. Good on them I guess but I just don't get it...

Phleeb
Learner
Learner

Post by Phleeb »

blackityy wrote:I know this sounds bad but when did they get so 'famous'? I know they've got a lot of fans but now they are pseudo celebs or something. Good on them I guess but I just don't get it...
I think when they went to NYFW and did their first appearance on Good Morning America is when it really started (I don't know exactly when those two things happened. But the GMA segment was shot in Blair's old room in Tennessee). That was the first time they ever did anything outside of YouTube really. And then they moved to LA and started going to all these "events" and Blair started dating a "celebrity." And then of course their Teen Choice Awards nominations. :roll:

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

Oh boy :roll:

[youtube][/youtube]

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paperbackwriter »

OK has anyone found where I can pirate the ebook

makeup
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by makeup »

Emerald wrote:Review with spoilers

[youtube][/youtube]
and there doing a book giveaway on that one.

Sunkissedlove
Informer
Informer

Post by Sunkissedlove »

Emerald wrote:Oh boy :roll:

[youtube][/youtube]
Wtf! She needs to pay attention in schooled stop reading that crap :evil:

"if it's your book I'm definitely on the a list of reading it" um what?! This girl just pisses me off haha

Bazinga!
Informer
Informer

Post by Bazinga! »

Sunkissedlove wrote:
Emerald wrote:Oh boy :roll:

[youtube][/youtube]
Wtf! She needs to pay attention in schooled stop reading that crap :evil:

"if it's your book I'm definitely on the a list of reading it" um what?! This girl just pisses me off haha

I'm glad she pointed at each word as she read them and both Elle and Blair as she said their names. I was actually confused about which was which.... :lol:

Return to “Elle & Blair”