snowyleopard
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Beneath the Glitter

Post by snowyleopard »

Is anyone going to buy this book?

From the readings Elle & Blair did, I will not be reading this.

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Beneath the Glitter

Post by paperbackwriter »

I will if I can somehow get a free or really cheap ebook. It' horrible but I'm morbidly curious.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

I'll pass, the obvious lack of skill that was involved in the writing makes me not want to read it, plus the story isn't really my taste.

Nadezhda
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nadezhda »

I would never buy it because
1. I don't want to support them
&
2. The storyline & writing style sounds like something I would have enjoyed when I was 10.

~Harbourfront~
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ~Harbourfront~ »

I wouldn't buy it but might scan the book if I see it @ Indigo.
MysteriousG

Locket
Learner
Learner

Post by Locket »

I'll glance through it if I see it in a store, but I'm not going to buy it. Even if by some crazy chance, the writing turns out to be good, the storyline just sounds ridiculously stupid. The world doesn't need another story about young, beautiful girls who move to L.A. and get everything handed to them on a silver platter. SO boring.
:HK: :love2:

DanceDiva16
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DanceDiva16 »

No. It makes me sick that they get to publish a book, for no reason. When there are so many talented, hard working, aspiring authors out there that will never have the opportunity. Elle and Blair are not writers! They are not even famous. The book sounds pretty bad too. Like something I would have read when I was 14. The first chapter she read to us has way too much fu-fu description. :slap:....that should pretty much sum up the book.lol

lovemebones
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lovemebones »

Nadezhda wrote:...
2. The storyline & writing style sounds like something I would have enjoyed when I was 10.
So true! :lol!:

abaca13
Learner
Learner

Post by abaca13 »

[youtube][/youtube]

(How do we insert videos now?)

THERE IS GONNA BE A SEQUEL. I don't remember seeing that video on the old gurugossip, and I remember we were wondering if they were going to write other books, so the answer is yes, they are...
And again, Elle seems way more involved in Beneath The Glitter, the way she says that it's HER baby...

stephaniemelissa
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by stephaniemelissa »

paperbackwriter wrote:I will if I can somehow get a free or really cheap ebook. It' horrible but I'm morbidly curious.
Same here. I'm hoping my library will carry it at some point so I can download it. I will not spend a CENT on this (inevitably) horrific piece of so called "literature". The excerpt alone that was uploaded, made me want to claw my ears off.

otterbean

Post by otterbean »

When I listened to Elle melodramatically read the prologue and first chapter, I felt embarrassed. I can't even imagine the level of mortification I would feel if a) my name was attributed to Underneath the Shitter, b), I basically compared myself to a sea nymph, and c), had people rightfully accusing me of not even having written my own book.

I mourn for the many trees that have had to be chopped down for the newest of Elle and Blair's marketing schemes.

Namenlos

Post by Namenlos »

I'm definitely not going to read this "book". Maybe skip through it if I see in a store. It's clearly writen by a ghostwriter so I don't understand how she can claim it to be her baby.

Suspiria
Informer
Informer

Post by Suspiria »

Actually, I'm totally up for reading and buying this book. I don't have a problem about supporting them, because I mean... I already do that when I watch their videos. And I also have no qualms about purchasing bad chick-lit (at a reasonable price) when I'm also, like many of you, curious enough to buy it any way. It just sort of overrides it, so I don't know what's the point in acting like I'm above something. I mean, I've bought vapid novels similar to this in the past, so I just really don't care.

animepanda
Learner
Learner

Post by animepanda »

DanceDiva16 wrote:No. It makes me sick that they get to publish a book, for no reason. When there are so many talented, hard working, aspiring authors out there that will never have the opportunity. Elle and Blair are not writers! They are not even famous. The book sounds pretty bad too. Like something I would have read when I was 14. The first chapter she read to us has way too much fu-fu description. :slap:....that should pretty much sum up the book.lol
You summed up everything so nicely. And about the publishing thing I know what you mean firsthand. My mother is an author and she self published her book 2 years ago. She just got an agent recently! It's rediculous how easy Elle and Blair get everything handed to them.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

animepanda wrote:You summed up everything so nicely. And about the publishing thing I know what you mean firsthand. My mother is an author and she self published her book 2 years ago. She just got an agent recently! It's rediculous how easy Elle and Blair get everything handed to them.
What annoys me even more is that they claim to work so super hard on everything. Making 2 bad quality videos a month is NOT hard work.

Fuzzy Lego

Post by Fuzzy Lego »

If I can find the ebook pirated I would consider checking it out. Otherwise no.

Nixie
Learner
Learner

Post by Nixie »

I'll pass.
Once you've read L.A. Candy and the likes by Miss Conrad, you don't need another book to know you're not going to like that style. I'd rather read something I am fairly certain I am going to appreciate...
ForeverGracie

Poopsie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Poopsie »

I wonder who their ghostwriter is, because we all know that Elle and Blair together don't have the mental capacity to write an entire book.

And I will not be reading or purchasing. I'd rather read The Cat in the Hat. It's probably more interesting, and at least Dr. Seuss really wrote it himself :wink:

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paperbackwriter »

Beneath the Glitter sounds like a drag club that I would like to go to

Beautyyyx3
Learner
Learner

Post by Beautyyyx3 »

They're going on "tour" for meet ups/book signings. The first one is in New jersey and is in the mall that I go to all the time, 15 minutes from my house. I don't think I'm going to go even though it probably would be interesting.

Return to “Elle & Blair”