Lauren Mae Beauty

chaichai
Learner
Learner

Re: Lauren Mae Beauty

Post by chaichai »

I just don't see her as the responsible spender guru. I totally get if she has an idealized view of this tiny, curated stash, but that just isn't her. She's on PR lists. She can itemize receipts, routinely declutter, antihaul boring palettes, and hatepan till the cows come home, but she isn't a minimalist conscious consumer. I am glad she's cooling on declutters at least. Habitual donating can sometimes be giving to friends or charities to throw away for you, so I'd prefer she keep makeup or never accept it in the first place.

She really said she's buying all the ND palettes. She said only if the color story interests her, but she's already broken that.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

chaichai wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:53 am
I just don't see her as the responsible spender guru. I totally get if she has an idealized view of this tiny, curated stash, but that just isn't her. She's on PR lists. She can itemize receipts, routinely declutter, antihaul boring palettes, and hatepan till the cows come home, but she isn't a minimalist conscious consumer. I am glad she's cooling on declutters at least. Habitual donating can sometimes be giving to friends or charities to throw away for you, so I'd prefer she keep makeup or never accept it in the first place.

She really said she's buying all the ND palettes. She said only if the color story interests her, but she's already broken that.
I just don't see the allure of Natasha Denona. When you look at the overall reviews, the launches are often a hit or a miss. Not quite as bad as Melt but still too many inconsistencies for that price point, imo.

While I appreciated that she made a point to say which palettes she bought vs. which were PR, I don't understand how she wasn't sure at times, and had to think about it. Tbh, I think the declutters were mainly because of the move. It personally irks me when influencers give their palettes away, especially when they look so janky. If I were her friend, I wouldn't be pleased that she was digging into it. Also, a lot of donation centers have strict rules about accepting makeup; the shelters in my area won't accept anything with a broken seal, for example.

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

Lauren doesn’t know when to shut her mouth. What I don’t get is that there is no need to brand yourself as a minimalist when you’re not. Own your shit. Just say “I bought this” or “I got this in PR” for disclosure purposes and that’s it. If you decide you want to buy less for a while, keep it to yourself so people won’t know if you slip up or publicly judge whether or not you’re on a legit low-buy. She also made a real mistake admitting she collects everything from one brand. If she’s going to do it, she’s going to do it, but again, review the palettes, do looks with them and and say nothing else.

Gossipladylady
Learner
Learner

Post by Gossipladylady »

I just wish I could deep dive some of these influencers financials. Hold yourself accountable would more apply to stopping the spending and putting the money away each month and then having a saved amount to show yourself.

Gossipladylady
Learner
Learner

Post by Gossipladylady »

sofisticat wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:22 pm
chaichai wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:53 am

I just don't see the allure of Natasha Denona. When you look at the overall reviews, the launches are often a hit or a miss. Not quite as bad as Melt but still too many inconsistencies for that price point, imo.
I don't think Natasha Denona is that great either. I was so eager to get that copper pallet last summer and it was terrible. I also got one lipstick and the color was just muted and the formula felt like drug store. I was so unhappy with that pallet and lipstick and won't buy anything else after those two items.

AND PS: the term HATEPANNING!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!! SO TRUE!

chaichai
Learner
Learner

Post by chaichai »

Gossipladylady wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:04 am
sofisticat wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:22 pm

I don't think Natasha Denona is that great either. I was so eager to get that copper pallet last summer and it was terrible. I also got one lipstick and the color was just muted and the formula felt like drug store. I was so unhappy with that pallet and lipstick and won't buy anything else after those two items.

AND PS: the term HATEPANNING!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!! SO TRUE!
You guys are ruining my dream brand. :fit: Natasha Denona makes my favorite color stories so I overlook problems, but the new face palette isn't the first quality issue I've heard of...

Lauren said she's better off financially these days, but even more ND palettes is a waste at any income level. I adore popout pans, but she's just buying for the gimmick. If she viewed them as singles bundles, she wouldn't buy enough individually to justify the price. If she's buying for the packaging, theirs is so basic and only fits their own singles. Why? ColourPop could have gotten the palette rearrangement out of her system way more easily, and it would have given her Jack Skellington case more purpose. Or, you know, she could continue to rearrange her existing singles.

Gossipladylady
Learner
Learner

Post by Gossipladylady »

Agh!! I am sorry Chaichai! it is just for the price it was such a let down. If it were half the price it would have been fine! The price is just outrageous. For me Pat Mcgrath is the same. So so stunning pallets, BUT good gosh the price tag! I got one 4 pan pallet with a gift card (used up the whole gift card on one pallet), but it is truly beautiful on, but the PRICE!!!

chaichai
Learner
Learner

Post by chaichai »

It's her QA's fault, not yours! I'd rather live with dupes than blow my budget on rave Youtuber favorites just to get "fine" quality. Wouldn't be the first time.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

chaichai wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:29 am
Gossipladylady wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:04 am

You guys are ruining my dream brand. :fit: Natasha Denona makes my favorite color stories so I overlook problems, but the new face palette isn't the first quality issue I've heard of...

Lauren said she's better off financially these days, but even more ND palettes is a waste at any income level. I adore popout pans, but she's just buying for the gimmick. If she viewed them as singles bundles, she wouldn't buy enough individually to justify the price. If she's buying for the packaging, theirs is so basic and only fits their own singles. Why? ColourPop could have gotten the palette rearrangement out of her system way more easily, and it would have given her Jack Skellington case more purpose. Or, you know, she could continue to rearrange her existing singles.
Hehehehehe. *shouts in the void* The brand is so overhypedddddd! Although to be fair, I was also lowkey pissed when I was first checking them out. I saw a $25 pan and it was a lot of money for me at the time and I went to swatch the color story and was so put off by how cheap the packaging looked and felt. Then I heard some drama relating to Natasha's early days from Tina of The Fancy Face which strengthened my already growing grudge.

I have lightened up though! I recently bought my first - the coral palette. And it's not bad! But it's not phenomenal either. It's a color story that I've been vibing with lately though, so it's worth it to me (and it helps that it was on sale over the holiday season). I want one (1) more - that one midi? mini? that people got mad about with the largest one's release. I forgot the name of it though, lol. It's the pink and green-ish one.

But back to topic, yeah. Lauren is so full of shit, much like Smokey Glow actually. They both put on airs about staying within your price point, not buying every single launch out there, be responsible!! But the second they can afford to, they begin to buy all the stuff they secretly wanted and now are trying to walk back what they previously said rather than admit they're being a bit hypocritical. And the funny thing is, if they just admitted, "yeah, I can afford this comfortably now and I really want it" *most* people would be fine with it. But they built themselves this pedestal for loving makeup and being fiscally responsible, and now they have to work around it.

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

sofisticat wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:28 pm
Lauren is so full of shit, much like Smokey Glow actually. They both put on airs about staying within your price point, not buying every single launch out there, be responsible!! But the second they can afford to, they begin to buy all the stuff they secretly wanted and now are trying to walk back what they previously said rather than admit they're being a bit hypocritical. And the funny thing is, if they just admitted, "yeah, I can afford this comfortably now and I really want it" *most* people would be fine with it. But they built themselves this pedestal for loving makeup and being fiscally responsible, and now they have to work around it.

What’s even worse is that when they’re finally able to buy what they want, they wag their fingers at us and tell us we shouldn’t because we’re not iNfLuEnCeRs and they’re doing it for review purposes so they “need” to unlike us peasants. Review purposes my ass. Like I said, own your shit.

Sofisticat I think you mean the Retro mini palette.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

soul reaper wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:51 am
sofisticat wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:28 pm
Lauren is so full of shit, much like Smokey Glow actually. They both put on airs about staying within your price point, not buying every single launch out there, be responsible!! But the second they can afford to, they begin to buy all the stuff they secretly wanted and now are trying to walk back what they previously said rather than admit they're being a bit hypocritical. And the funny thing is, if they just admitted, "yeah, I can afford this comfortably now and I really want it" *most* people would be fine with it. But they built themselves this pedestal for loving makeup and being fiscally responsible, and now they have to work around it.

What’s even worse is that when they’re finally able to buy what they want, they wag their fingers at us and tell us we shouldn’t because we’re not iNfLuEnCeRs and they’re doing it for review purposes so they “need” to unlike us peasants. Review purposes my ass. Like I said, own your shit.

Sofisticat I think you mean the Retro mini palette.
Yes! That's the one. Some of the names blend together for me. Lol.

coffeeglitter
Learner
Learner

Post by coffeeglitter »

i'm here to say i hate lauren but I do love Me some Natasha Denona
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.

꧁Chuck Palahniuk꧂

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

Are the ND palettes worth it? I was eyeing the face palette or the biba palette but I don't know if I could pull the trigger lol

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

I love Natasha Denona too!!

I definitely think they are worth the price. Biba is one of my favorites, but the face palette is awesome too. I wouldn't say the eyeshadows in there are the best representation of NDs best shadows but I really enjoy it. I don't think the small/midi palettes are as good as the full size though.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

That's great to know, thanks! I was also looking at the TriChrome palette but I might get the chrome shades in singles from an indie brand tbh

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

DrowningInMelancholy wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:59 pm
That's great to know, thanks! I was also looking at the TriChrome palette but I might get the chrome shades in singles from an indie brand tbh
You’re better off getting them from an indie brand like Copacetic, Pretties For Your Face, JD Glow, Shine By SD, Touch of Glam…I could go on. Funny enough that one of Lauren’s videos compares those shades to similar indie shades and it looks like the indie multichromes generally have a stronger shift.

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:59 pm
I love the triochome palette!! But the multichromes are very subtle, that's what I like, but if you want something more intense with more noticable shifts then yeah go for some indie singles. The mattes in the triochome are definitely the selling point for me, but probably not worth it if you are more looking for the special shades.

coffeeglitter
Learner
Learner

Post by coffeeglitter »

Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:41 pm
Are the ND palettes worth it? I was eyeing the face palette or the biba palette but I don't know if I could pull the trigger lol
IMO- SOME of the ND palettes are worth it. I've been a fan of her shadows since the Green and Brown palette..and I can say that as much of a fan as I am..I don't buy ND palettes JUST because they're ND. I was kinda like...weirded out lol when ND became mainstream..and how YTers were falling over themselves for her but never seemed to know a damn thing about her or her shadows really...
it became about the name not the quality.

I own(ed)
the brown and green palette (panned some of My favs and declutteted)
metropolis (which is My personal fav)
Gold
sunset
lila
retro
love
zendo
bronze
triochrome (An unexpected fav...but not for the multi chromes!! I love the mattes!! )
and a ton of rhe minis

i had gotten safari and HATED IT..so I gave it to a friend who was salivating over it regardless of how shot the shadows were. I really like The Biba and I may pick it up,
As far as MultiChromes..unless the WHOLE TrioChrome ND palette is calling your name.....like everyone else I would say get the Multichromes elsewhere!

My personal favs are from Cliondah and Stasy Alex (russian pro makeup co)

as far as Lauren...I can't stand her. I've never been a fan but with the lack of QUALITY beauty content (holy fuck there's so many horrible ones...like wtf is her name!? Tara Lynn?! she's another one that is FOREVER beint suggested to Me cause I look up reviews on certain Chanel , Dior, La Mer products to see if I'm gonna buy them and it's like she's being PUSHED by YTs algorithm on me!!!)
The first time I actually watched one of Lauren's videos..I FELL ASLEEP...I was bored outta My mind.
She's a whiner and just boring. I can't imagine how she's built such a subscriber base at all...

I have to ask what is with her?? she has the same type of sickly bloat going on that Theresa does..ans her skin looks sallow at times...Has she ever mentioned having any kinda health issues? I'm not even talking about being a "thick girl"...fuxk..IM thick...there are MILLIONS and Thick, beautiful, HEALTHY people...she doesn't look well like ever...
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.

꧁Chuck Palahniuk꧂

Gossipladylady
Learner
Learner

Post by Gossipladylady »

I have used Laura's longer declutter videos as my fall asleep aid!! LOL! Seriously her monotone voice, low tone with no enthusiasm and boring as heck, it is great when you need to doze off!

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Thank you for the reccomendations, ladies! I really appreciate it.

When it comes down to it, I would rather purchase the "magical" shades individually. I was also looking at the Lila/love palette because I love a good red/pnk combo and I saw that the mini 15 pans have gone on sale on a couple of occasions, but I might pick it up if I catch a sale!

Return to “K-O”