Molly Burke

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Molly Burke

Post by LiddlePallid »

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

Wait so what's his issue, again? I didn't understand.

SylvieMoon
Debater
Debater

Post by SylvieMoon »

She talked a lot but didn’t explain anything. Why can’t she just say what actually happened?

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

If it were something normal, there would be no reason to keep it secret for the sake of "privacy". You'd just say he's sick with xyz and can't work, plain and simple. No need for hiding. She's not telling because it might be controversial that could cause a stir. Coupled with the fact that she said he'll have a long and healthy life, I believe it isn't strictly medical. She may have chosen to give him up because he didn't fit her lifestyle.

Leanne
Learner
Learner

Post by Leanne »

treesinthewind wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:08 pm
If it were something normal, there would be no reason to keep it secret for the sake of "privacy". You'd just say he's sick with xyz and can't work, plain and simple. No need for hiding. She's not telling because it might be controversial that could cause a stir. Coupled with the fact that she said he'll have a long and healthy life, I believe it isn't strictly medical. She may have chosen to give him up because he didn't fit her lifestyle.
I agree, if it didn't have something to do with her, then there'd be no reason to hide it.

I'm glad Ben is ok and not dying (like she made it seem like at first...), but also so sad for him that he got rehomed again. It's just unfair how many times the poor boy has had to go through this.

MondayMonday
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by MondayMonday »

We already knew the dog would probably not continue as her guide dog since she posted that she didn't get the news she wanted to hear. So then she makes this video and says absolutely nothing.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Yeah I watched the whole thing and still don't understand what's going on. She sucks at making videos because all she does is beat around the bush. Just say what happened. That was a 20 minute video of her not telling anybody anything.

bananamama12
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bananamama12 »

Someone on reddit claims to have seen a now deleted comment from Molly on the video saying Ben has bladder control issues that forced his retirement.

Not sure how he went from losing weight to an ear infection to bladder control issues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Wouldn't the people who trained him have known that he had a bladder issue before going through all this though? I don't know, the whole thing seems to me like the dog was too much work for her so she wants a different one.

Leanne
Learner
Learner

Post by Leanne »

Maybe the bladder control was only an issue with the long flights Molly has? Or maybe it's triggered by stress or something. Someone had already returned Bennex before and Molly wouldn't tell why, but said it's something she would never give up a dog for. If it's the same issue then that certainly would make her look bad.

SylvieMoon
Debater
Debater

Post by SylvieMoon »

I think it’s in bad taste that she’s trying to monetize on her new guide dog with a new series of videos on the process. A guide dog which she already has w/ her.

“Pack with me for guide dog training (again) 😒

athelyna
Lurker
Lurker

Post by athelyna »

Any guesses how many episodes she drags the new dog reveal out for? I do feel bad for her having to retire Ben, and I understand it's a painful situation that she needed time to process, but I think people would still tune in for her training vlogs even if she had introduced the new dog already. Make the video explaining what happened to Ben and at the end introduce the new dog and say next up is a series on finding the dog.

As for what happened to Ben, my guess is something like doggie diabetes (I'm not familiar enough with dogs to know for certain if it's something that can happen at his age) that requires ongoing medication and creates unreliability as a working dog. When I googled to see if dogs can get diabetes some of the symptoms listed were weight loss and bladder issues. My first thought when she said he was sick and being tested was they found a tumor and were waiting to know if it was cancerous, but I think she would have said if it was something that would require treatment like surgery. If it is a hormonal or endocrine type of issue I could see Mira wanting to be involved since those often have a genetic component that they would want to know about for breeding other dogs in Ben's family.

PixieWithFangs
Learner
Learner

Post by PixieWithFangs »

athelyna wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:43 pm
Any guesses how many episodes she drags the new dog reveal out for? I do feel bad for her having to retire Ben, and I understand it's a painful situation that she needed time to process, but I think people would still tune in for her training vlogs even if she had introduced the new dog already. Make the video explaining what happened to Ben and at the end introduce the new dog and say next up is a series on finding the dog.

As for what happened to Ben, my guess is something like doggie diabetes (I'm not familiar enough with dogs to know for certain if it's something that can happen at his age) that requires ongoing medication and creates unreliability as a working dog. When I googled to see if dogs can get diabetes some of the symptoms listed were weight loss and bladder issues. My first thought when she said he was sick and being tested was they found a tumor and were waiting to know if it was cancerous, but I think she would have said if it was something that would require treatment like surgery. If it is a hormonal or endocrine type of issue I could see Mira wanting to be involved since those often have a genetic component that they would want to know about for breeding other dogs in Ben's family.

That's a good observation; I met a dog with diabetes once and just like humans it can mess up their eyesight. Ben could genuinely live a long happy life but not have the eyesight to guide anymore, for example.

caffeinenicotine
Learner
Learner

Post by caffeinenicotine »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:31 am
Yeah I watched the whole thing and still don't understand what's going on. She sucks at making videos because all she does is beat around the bush. Just say what happened. That was a 20 minute video of her not telling anybody anything.
She did make sure to tell us again that she is a petite woman though! Gotta fit how teensy tiny she is into absolutely every video, no matter how solemn the topic!

starlight7
Informer
Informer

Post by starlight7 »

So why is Ben at the kennel if he's unable to work and is supposed to live with the family who raised him?

athelyna
Lurker
Lurker

Post by athelyna »

Molly pre-films a lot and posts a lot "out of order". This is why I personally don't care for her more vloggy videos, and usually only click on videos where she's talking about a specific topic or covering a single event like being on the Daily Show, because her vlogs are just too chaotic for me. She posted about Ben being sick on June 10, and said she found out he wouldn't be able to keep working just before VidCon which started June 22. In this video she says she hasn't seen Ben in a month, so I'm guessing she was at Mira around the second week in July, so they probably hadn't finalized plans on what to do with him yet. It was sad to see how happy Ben was to see her knowing it was goodbye, but I'm annoyed she still didn't clarify what was wrong with him. Even if she doesn't want to give an exact diagnosis she could have at least clarified if it did turn out to be medical or a behavioral issue that couldn't be retrained away.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Okay, how many places does she have now? I have lost count how many times she's moved.

Leanne
Learner
Learner

Post by Leanne »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:16 pm

Okay, how many places does she have now? I have lost count how many times she's moved.
She's renting in la, renting in canada and renovating the flat she owns.

And again she's postponing guide dog content! No one cares about seeing another video of your flat Molly, we want to see the dog. I hope she learned from the last time (she really put off people with how long she dragged on the guide dog series), if not then we'll see the new dog maybe around christmas.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

That seems like such a waste of money to me lol. Maybe it's because I don't travel often. I could see OWNING multiple properties, that way you could rent them out when you're not using them and make some income off them, but not renting out multiple places.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Return to “A-M”