Molly Burke

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
DrowningInStarlight
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Re: Molly Burke

Post by DrowningInStarlight »

Watching her newest vlog and the way she talks about food really rubs me the wrong way.
First shes talking about the food in her fridge and saying how she has to section something into multiple portions because its 800 calories and shes too petite to eat so much food. Then shes talking about how she's fine eating just a smoothie for breakfast then a handful of almonds for lunch (didnt mention a dinner). Like you've got young viewers molly you're going to set a bad example for them

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

She IS pretty petite, of course she has to section out and eats like a bird to stay in a noraml weight range.

Ancient_Alien666
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by Ancient_Alien666 »

After watching her new Vancouver apartment tour it’s clear that she is fully expecting Adrian to drop everything in LA and move to a different country just for her 🙄 She literally already has his office layout planned for his arrival... if he even gets the work permit.

imogenpoots_4tweety
Stalker
Stalker

Post by imogenpoots_4tweety »

she just posted a video asking for input on her new guide dogs name and one of her suggestions was Molly. How self involved can you be LMFAO

btw shes extremely fatphobic and doesnt do anything to hide it

gross

tragicwolf
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tragicwolf »

not molly and not a major fan of molly... but Molly has said that she has a medical issue that causes blood clots, and her doctor told her to watch her weight as a result of it. Imho, she often gets thin-shamed... which isn't right, either. There are still so many issues I have with Molly... this just isn't one of them.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

I have to assume that naming the dog Molly was a joke right? I think she is smart enough to understand it is a logistical nightmare.

Leanne
Learner
Learner

Post by Leanne »

TheLoneStranger wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:39 pm
I have to assume that naming the dog Molly was a joke right? I think she is smart enough to understand it is a logistical nightmare.
The dog her fans get to name isn't going to be her future guide dog, it will be a dog someone else will receive.

mundayblues
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mundayblues »

Used to be a pretty big fan of Molly but since the beginning of the pandemic, her content has gotten really stale. I didn't begin to firmly dislike her until her decision to not only relocate from LA back to her home country, Canada, but her decision to relocate from her family's home city in Ontario to BC. I believe she has now deleted the video addressing her move to BC and she has removed it from her instagram bio, but she is still 100% living there. This is extremely problematic given the COVID situation in Canada. The region she's from in Ontario has been under fairly strict lockdown since November and virtually nothing is open, meanwhile where she chose to relocate to is almost completely open and has never gone into lockdown once. While in her video she claims that moving there had nothing to do with COVID restrictions, this feels extremely disingenuous. She claimed the reason that she moved was "essential" which is very difficult to believe given she has never lived in BC, she has no family in BC (that I know of), and it is extremely unlikely she moved here for a physical job (given her disability and her existing career). She has repeatedly claimed on twitter and on that deleted video that her reasons for moving were "essential" even though most outlets deem "essential" relocation for education, work, or family obligations which do not appear to apply to her (again, speculation). Her parents owned a condo in downtown Toronto and have spent their whole lives in the GTA area, relocating to the otherside of the country where you have no ties to during a pandemic seems extremely irresponsible. Especially if she moved there because of the weaker covid restrictions.

Additionally, it's been talked about on this thread before her attitude towards her neighbourhood in LA being "crime ridden" and the race issues. I won't doxx where she's living given she refuses to name what city she's living in (there are only 2 big cities in BC you can figure out for yourself), but she is going to continue to face these issues. The area she lives in is also "crime ridden," even though she lives in a luxury condo in the boujee part of the city, homelessness and drug addicts are everywhere. A new safe injection site was just approved in that neighbourhood which is going to continue to attract "unwanted people." Where she is living borders an area which is essentially lawless for property crime, drug use, and physical assault. I can't tell if she did 0 research on where she moved to or what. This area is visually very pleasing with nice views, but that shouldn't matter so much to someone who is visually impaired. I am waiting for her eventual post of "my guide dog stepped on a used needle" and subsequent freakout because that's the reality of her new living situation.

On her instagram stories highlighting her doing things that most people living in lockdown areas can't do such as getting your hair done and going out to eat, she has repeatedly emphasized that COVID numbers are "extremely low" where she is living. This is entirely false. Yes, they are lower than what you see in LA, but the population of California is greater than the entire population of Canada. BC is not doing New Zealand or Taiwan levels of amazing for COVID. It was reported at the same time she said the numbers are "extremely low" that BC is doing worse than the Canadian average. It constantly feels like she is trying to justify her carelessness. While it is legal to move across the country presently and stores, salons, and restaurants are in fact open for business, it does not mean it is entirely right to do these things.

In her most recent Q&A video, she seems to be deluding herself about her eligibility for the vaccine. She said she thinks she would be considered "high risk" and be able to skip ahead of the line because of her blindness and clotting condition. If she did an ounce of research on what the present vaccination plan is for the place she's living in, she would know immediately that this is false. "Clinically vulnerable" people can get the vaccine sooner beginning in April (yeah, BC is way behind the US on this) but "clinically vulnerable" is pretty much people with cancer, severe respiratory diseases, severe immunodeficiency, and so on. I disagree with this present plan, but that's the way it is and why lie to your audience that you think you'll be able to get it sooner when that's so false? She will likely have to wait until her age group (25-29) and get it in June like everyone else. I bet she would be super outraged to find out that homeless people living in shelters will get it before her, a blind disabled white woman.

Anyways /end rant. Molly Burke is not as COVID responsible as she claims to be. Don't even get me started on the amount of outrage I would feel if her boyfriend actually does get approved for a work visa for Canada. Moving across the country during a pandemic because you want to live somewhere different is irresponsible, end of story.

validusername
Learner
Learner

Post by validusername »

DrowningInStarlight wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:57 am
Watching her newest vlog and the way she talks about food really rubs me the wrong way.
First shes talking about the food in her fridge and saying how she has to section something into multiple portions because its 800 calories and shes too petite to eat so much food. Then shes talking about how she's fine eating just a smoothie for breakfast then a handful of almonds for lunch (didnt mention a dinner). Like you've got young viewers molly you're going to set a bad example for them
So this is the first time I’ve been on this thread. I randomly clicked and found a post that was calling Molly chubby and posted bathing suit photos of her, then I jumped to the end and this was literally the next comment I saw. Can’t win for losing, I guess.

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

I have a lot of issues with Molly but stopping your whole life and not moving or being approved for a job because of Covid just sounds like too much. I've personally both moved and changed jobs since Covid, because I wanted to. Can't stop every sort of life.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

treesinthewind wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:36 pm
I have a lot of issues with Molly but stopping your whole life and not moving or being approved for a job because of Covid just sounds like too much. I've personally both moved and changed jobs since Covid, because I wanted to. Can't stop every sort of life.
Oh wow she got a new job in Canada? What is it? That would explain why she picked up and moved so suddenly, but I wonder why she didn't tell us earlier. Is it working for her father? Is that why they all moved?

Ancient_Alien666
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Ancient_Alien666 »

Okay have y’all seen the new video? Surprise surprise it’s another try on haul. Yet again for the millionth time she comments on how she’s such a petite 4ft10.5 girl 🤦🏻‍♀️ The worst part (from the first 5 mins that I watched) that made me completely annoyed was Molly going on and on about being a double 0 in pants and an ExTrA ExtRA small in tops after losing a “significant” amount of weight. Girl STFU! Can you imagine young girls watching her videos feeling bad for not being a 0, let alone a double 0. Molly truly makes me cringe.

emaliiine
Lurker
Lurker

Post by emaliiine »

Ancient_Alien666 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:14 pm
Okay have y’all seen the new video? Surprise surprise it’s another try on haul. Yet again for the millionth time she comments on how she’s such a petite 4ft10.5 girl 🤦🏻‍♀️ The worst part (from the first 5 mins that I watched) that made me completely annoyed was Molly going on and on about being a double 0 in pants and an ExTrA ExtRA small in tops after losing a “significant” amount of weight. Girl STFU! Can you imagine young girls watching her videos feeling bad for not being a 0, let alone a double 0. Molly truly makes me cringe.
hell, it almost makes *me* feel bad for not being a 0/00, and i'm 30

SylvieMoon
Debater
Debater

Post by SylvieMoon »

Ancient_Alien666 wrote:Okay have y’all seen the new video? Surprise surprise it’s another try on haul. Yet again for the millionth time she comments on how she’s such a petite 4ft10.5 girl Image The worst part (from the first 5 mins that I watched) that made me completely annoyed was Molly going on and on about being a double 0 in pants and an ExTrA ExtRA small in tops after losing a “significant” amount of weight. Girl STFU! Can you imagine young girls watching her videos feeling bad for not being a 0, let alone a double 0. Molly truly makes me cringe.
That’s her way of making herself feel better about herself. The size of her clothes. It’s pathetic and a bad example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leanne
Learner
Learner

Post by Leanne »

Yeah, this is why I don't like her try on videos. We get it already, she's small, she doesn't need to repeat it over and over again. It felt like she mentioned it even more than usual this time.

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

I don't understand why she's trying to be so vague about where she lives but she a) showed unblurred video of her apartment view, b) went to a hair stylist whose instagram she showed in her latest video, who is a hairstylist based in Vancouver.

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

treesinthewind wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:17 pm
I don't understand why she's trying to be so vague about where she lives but she a) showed unblurred video of her apartment view, b) went to a hair stylist whose instagram she showed in her latest video, who is a hairstylist based in Vancouver.
That's the thing I don't get. She talked about how she'd still post places she visits just she might not be there but that still gives her general location which can provide a lot of information. Like she can't keep sharing this level of detail and expect privacy with her location especially because she's had issues with stalker fans or whatever. People can get so much information from so little. I am all for her for not sharing her locations and stuff especially because of stalker fans and being blind adds another complexity on top of that, but she needs to not share those aspects of her life or at least keep it as generic as possible.

mundayblues
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mundayblues »

treesinthewind wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:36 pm
She didn’t move for a job, she moved because she wanted to be closer to family and be back in her home country. Which is FINE, but then moving across said country at the peak of the pandemic to a place you have no connection to or not reason to move to is extremely irresponsible in my opinion. As far as we know, she does not have a new career which required her to move to BC/Lower Mainland area. She is producing the same content which she could have done from her home province. Except she couldn’t because she wants to be able to go to salons, restaurants, and shop which you cannot do in Ontario presently.

She travelled transcontinentally twice in a 1 month span which I cannot condone even if you believe in the “she should be able to do what she wants” rhetoric you’re putting out.

mundayblues
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mundayblues »

ceasg1 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:40 pm
treesinthewind wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:17 pm
That's the thing I don't get. She talked about how she'd still post places she visits just she might not be there but that still gives her general location which can provide a lot of information. Like she can't keep sharing this level of detail and expect privacy with her location especially because she's had issues with stalker fans or whatever. People can get so much information from so little. I am all for her for not sharing her locations and stuff especially because of stalker fans and being blind adds another complexity on top of that, but she needs to not share those aspects of her life or at least keep it as generic as possible.
I agree 100%. I watched her new apartment tour video and from the 1s unblurred cut of the view from her apartment, I knew exactly where she lives. Informed by my knowledge of the city as well as the pictures she’s posted on her Insta and the places she’s tagging. I didn’t even put any research into it. If it took me, a local to where she’s from and a (former) casual viewer, 2.5s to figure out almost exactly where she’s living from the details she’s putting out, imagine what determined stalkers can find. If she wants to be more vague, she should consider going to places not only within walking distance of her home.

Now i don’t get why she’s being vague about living in Vancouver. There are two major cities in BC and there was 0 chance of her living in the suburbs. She isn’t commuting from the burbs to downtown, she isn’t travelling from the Island to the Mainland. BC isn’t a big enough place to vague post about

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

It does look like her view counts have started to drop rather significantly (this is from social blade but does seem to be consistent with a quick scan of her view counts). This might explain why patreon is being pushed so hard now because she has lost a lot of views and the money isn't coming in as it used to. She also has a lot of upper tier limited number patreon subscriptions still available. It will be interesting to see how this does play out long term especially with the click she seems to be forming on patreon (some of them completely worship the ground she walks on) and a probable drop in income.

Return to “A-M”