Emma Chamberlain

nekokoco
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Emma Chamberlain

Post by nekokoco »

I'm actually surprised there's no topic for her yet because of how quickly her channel has grown in such a short time. She started her channel in June 2017 (8 months ago) and already has over a half-million subscribers.

She's pretty funny and entertaining, and does her Vlogs a little differently than a lot of other Youtubers, too. So far I haven't really seen any drama circulating about her. She did leave her private high school early (instead took a test to graduate early), and made a video addressing the fact that she left because of depression.

[youtube][/youtube]

Opinions?

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Emma Chamberlain

Post by sisinikkole »

I don't mind her. she seems like a bit of a try hard at times but I do find myself laughing from time to time while watching her videos.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

DrDrama
Learner
Learner

Post by DrDrama »

I really enjoy Emma's vlogs and other videos, but I sometimes wonder why she is constantly complaining about posting TWO (sometimes once) times a week. I mean, she dropped out of high school, she has no job and the only other things I ever see her post (on Snapchat, Insta, Twitter, Youtube, etc) about are going to photoshoots with her dad and thrift shopping. Not that she is entitled to making multiple videos a week or everyday, but I find it odd that we hear her saying it's sooo hard to get content out on a regular basis when there's not really much else she does. Just say that you're too lazy to create and edit that many videos.

nekokoco
Talker
Talker

Post by nekokoco »

DrDrama wrote:I really enjoy Emma's vlogs and other videos, but I sometimes wonder why she is constantly complaining about posting TWO (sometimes once) times a week. I mean, she dropped out of high school, she has no job and the only other things I ever see her post (on Snapchat, Insta, Twitter, Youtube, etc) about are going to photoshoots with her dad and thrift shopping. Not that she is entitled to making multiple videos a week or everyday, but I find it odd that we hear her saying it's sooo hard to get content out on a regular basis when there's not really much else she does. Just say that you're too lazy to create and edit that many videos.
I agree with you on some of this, she doesn't seem to have any responsibilities but youtube. I do feel like her content is eventually going to (if not already has) become repetitive. Sometimes I feel like the only thing she has going for her are the car vlogs, and her other sit-down videos are less interesting.

She did say in a podcast that she did with Cody Ko, that she did graduate after taking a California graduation test, she just hasn't ever talked about it on her youtube channel. So I guess we can't fault her for dropping out if she did end up graduating.

liz72
Talker
Talker

Post by liz72 »

I like her a lot! I think she's really funny. I wonder if she's going to take some college classes or something anytime soon. I mean I know plenty of people drop out/graduate early/are homeschool but I can't imagine not having that "forced" socialization of high school at 16.

doremimi
Learner
Learner

Post by doremimi »

I don't know what it is about her but I just feel kind of... sad watching her videos? Don't get me wrong, I dropped out of high school at 17 for medical reasons so I'm not judging that, it's just that this girl doesn't seem like she's going anywhere or has any plans for the future that aren't Youtube. And we all know that won't last forever.

008008_
Learner
Learner

Post by 008008_ »

doremimi wrote:I don't know what it is about her but I just feel kind of... sad watching her videos? Don't get me wrong, I dropped out of high school at 17 for medical reasons so I'm not judging that, it's just that this girl doesn't seem like she's going anywhere or has any plans for the future that aren't Youtube. And we all know that won't last forever.
I guess if she wants to be an entertainer? go into acting? do yt red shows? It opened a lot of doors for that kind of stuff...

i like her personality, and she really started a new "thing" on yt where all teen girls started to act/edit like her. So...i guess good for her but also annoying for youtube.

doremimi
Learner
Learner

Post by doremimi »

008008_ wrote:
doremimi wrote:I don't know what it is about her but I just feel kind of... sad watching her videos? Don't get me wrong, I dropped out of high school at 17 for medical reasons so I'm not judging that, it's just that this girl doesn't seem like she's going anywhere or has any plans for the future that aren't Youtube. And we all know that won't last forever.
I guess if she wants to be an entertainer? go into acting? do yt red shows? It opened a lot of doors for that kind of stuff...

i like her personality, and she really started a new "thing" on yt where all teen girls started to act/edit like her. So...i guess good for her but also annoying for youtube.
Yeah I think she definitely could have a future in entertainment if she wanted to go into that. She's really funny naturally and has a good "style". I really hope she finds something she is passionate about and goes with it, because not having a direction in life isn't fun.

bloopybleepy1234
Stalker
Stalker

Post by bloopybleepy1234 »

She's 16, so shes very young. If you feel sad watching her videos then you'll feel sad meeting any 16 year old. Nobody at 16 has their life planned out and that's literally okay. Also the reason why she's complaining is probably because she has depression. you don't even know her, yet assume that her only responsibility is youtube.

i feel like u guys are being pretty insensitive, so i might come off as defensive and... i am, but whatever

whatevereffy
Stalker
Stalker

Post by whatevereffy »

I honestly love her videos. She does seem to try a little hard sometimes but she has extremely unique content. About the fact that she left school early, she is 16 and no 16 year old knows what they want to do, i feel like when I was that age I was just kinda forced through high school to choose what I was gonna do and choose a college. But who knows, she has changed and inspired a lot of people on youtube

leah012
Stalker
Stalker

Post by leah012 »

Emma is the type of YouTuber I can only watch when it’s herself or her dad/hometown friends. The past two Dote vlogs have been so unamusing to watch along with her first blog meeting Summer and Marla. I feel like her age is very apparent in these Dote vlogs whereas in her regular ones she’s extremely interesting to watch and seems to be closer to 18 than 16.

simply_disrespectful
Lurker
Lurker

Post by simply_disrespectful »

leah012 wrote:Emma is the type of YouTuber I can only watch when it’s herself or her dad/hometown friends. The past two Dote vlogs have been so unamusing to watch along with her first blog meeting Summer and Marla. I feel like her age is very apparent in these Dote vlogs whereas in her regular ones she’s extremely interesting to watch and seems to be closer to 18 than 16.
I was going to comment the same thing yesterday. I haven't been able to get through those last 2 vlogs, especially the one with that Avery girl. Avery seemed like a bitch to me so I couldn't watch past the bit where they were all doing their makeup.

Marie_10
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Marie_10 »

I've been really enjoying her content, her humor is so funny. I love her tweets too. In a way, I'm glad that she isn't posting more than twice (or once) a week because it would get old real quick. She definitely "started" a style among teen girls on YouTube, I've seen another youtuber creating very similar content lately (Haley Pham -which I love too btw). It's nice to see new youtubers flourishing.

calicoedaf
Lurker
Lurker

Post by calicoedaf »

I just got caught up in this thread and i noticed a lot of you think she dropped out of high school. she didn’t! she said on cody ko’s podcast that she actually graduated early. i will admit her school video made it seem like she dropped out because she didn’t say flat out say she graduated because of her wording

cookiequeen0
Learner
Learner

Post by cookiequeen0 »

I really liked her content earlier in the year, but i feel like her personality is too repetitive. You can only do so many car vlogs until it all feels the same imo.

I really dont like the vlogs with her new friends (from Texas? or Arizona? maybe both?) part of me feels like they all morphed into her the second they all met. Like I was watching a video with 10 Emmas but they just look different. It honestly looked like those girls clinged to her because shes gaining a big following

pandry
Informer
Informer

Post by pandry »

She seems pretty try-hard and obnoxious-spoiled type. Not my cup of tea and its a little annoying how her fans are trying to stuff her in everyone's faces :?
She seems like the loud obnoxious kid I'd hate to have in my class in hs

lmnlvr
Informer
Informer

Post by lmnlvr »

I feel like I only like Emma in her own videos and if it's just her and not with her friends. When I saw her on Cody Ko's podcast and David's vlog she definitely irritated me. I think she's good at editing and that's what makes her seem funnier than she is. But when it's her in someone else's video and she's not in control of the editing, she just seems like a typical obnoxious teenager. Also her "not like other girls" personality seems try hard at times.

hermitqueen
Informer
Informer

Post by hermitqueen »

i definitely agree she's only funny on her own. i really can't sit through her vlogs with her loud ass friends who all look the same lol. i'm really happy for her and how fast she's growing, but i'm hoping for more solo videos!

marmalicious
Learner
Learner

Post by marmalicious »

Emma's content isn't my favorite because her videos seem too dragged out and rambly but she has a personality that stands out (even though it's a bit obnoxious) which gives her potential considering she's only 16. She sorta reminds me of a younger, prettier, and non trashy version of Tana Mongeau...give it a few years and we'll see what happens lmao

Personperson123
Informer
Informer

Post by Personperson123 »

has she ever done a sponsored video? I'm sure she's gotten a ton of offers, but turns them down. in her recent vlog she said she's too scared to do a sponsorship because she doesn't want to look like a sell out. I guess it's cool that although it would be nice to get money for them, she doesn't just agree to everything. I'm sure that'll change soon tho

Return to “Emma Chamberlain”