Tim's partying and cheating speculations.

Bubz getting married.

Post by Guest »

I thought would give a thread for all the wedding stuff she is doing now.

I actually really like bubz and I notice the threads on here actually support her unlike another famous guru on here. I think over the past years bubz really grew up and stayed true to herself. I actually think its great that we get to see the process of her and tim getting married.

Any thoughts?

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bubz getting married.

Post by SuperSmashPeach »

i am actually looking forward to it. she said,maybe they broadcast the ceremony. it seems she wants to have her wedding a little "k-drama" like.. the style and everything. people commented that some of her wedding pictures remind them of k-dramas,that's when i noticed too.

well,what can i say,i am happy for her. she is the only beauty guru i watch but from what i hear (and read on GG :D ) i am sure i can say that she is one of the most honest youtubers out there.

and sorry for my english,i am tired :toad:

khurmushka
Debater
Debater

Post by khurmushka »

I am looking forward to it! She is so positive, cute and honest! I loved the video of the proposal and her pre-wedding photoshoot :)

Post by Guest »

Yeah I notice that too. And didnt she go to korea for her photo shoot? Thats crazy, even if hong kong is close. But nonetheless the pictures were very pretty. The k drama ive seen are so princess and sweet I can see why she is basing it off that.

Kazekage14
Informer
Informer

Post by Kazekage14 »

I'm happy for her!

But she said she's considering broadcasting her wedding on YT.
I don't know, it seems too personal for that.

pie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pie »

I think it's nice to see a genuine relationship that isn't born out of YouTube views or whatever.

I'm waiting for all the negative crap that comes with this though. OMG SHE'S POSING WITH A MAN IN HER WEDDING DRESS THAT ISN'T TIM? DIVORCE IMPENDING. :roll:

Post by Guest »

pie wrote:I think it's nice to see a genuine relationship that isn't born out of YouTube views or whatever.

I'm waiting for all the negative crap that comes with this though. OMG SHE'S POSING WITH A MAN IN HER WEDDING DRESS THAT ISN'T TIM? DIVORCE IMPENDING. :roll:
LOL! "Err guys, that's her brother!" :roll:

gemmifriend14
Learner
Learner

Post by gemmifriend14 »

I think its really nice that she is getting married, it seems like she really is in love with tim ;) However, it really bugged me on how much money she spent on that 'pre wedding photoshoot' I think it must have been in the thousands for the flights, accomidation, hair, make-up, and the actual photos, and then later on in one of her diary entries on her website or something she said that she didn't like the pictures at all and that she is very dissapointed with them! Just seemed a bit ungrateful to me...

Post by Guest »

gemmifriend14 wrote:I think its really nice that she is getting married, it seems like she really is in love with tim ;) However, it really bugged me on how much money she spent on that 'pre wedding photoshoot' I think it must have been in the thousands for the flights, accomidation, hair, make-up, and the actual photos, and then later on in one of her diary entries on her website or something she said that she didn't like the pictures at all and that she is very dissapointed with them! Just seemed a bit ungrateful to me...
What! She really didnt like them? I thought they were beautiful. Maybe she will be a mini bridzilla. But I wont judge, never had to deal with marriage before. Haha

Affi
Informer
Informer

Post by Affi »

To be fair, if I'd spent so much money & wasn't happy with it, I'd be bitching too. Regardless of the fact that it was her choice to spend that much money, I think she still has a right to be annoyed. Even if she's only annoyed at herself for being so silly & is directing it elsewhere.

Sharpshire
Learner
Learner

Post by Sharpshire »

Haha, anything she says or does in her pre-wedding stage I've decided I'm just going to ignore so long as she isn't extreme or worse; I have no clue how I'll be for my wedding and after witnessing so many that whole period just seems hella stressful. She'll probably look back on her photos in a few months or a year (whenever she recovers from the entire fiasco) and really be in love with them. For now however: Bubzilla the Bride. rofl
Wishes can come true but not if you just wait for miracles; Miracles are things we make for ourselves.

A Creative man is motivated by the desire to Achieve, not by the desire to Beat others.

Noko
Gossiper
Gossiper

Bubz & Tim breakup 2010 (old news for new members)

Post by Noko »

I thought I'd start a thread for old bubz blog posts, since a lot of this stuff was covered on the old GG but isn't on here & I thought new users might be interested in some historical bubz docs. <:
Also, a lot of people don't even know that Bubz & Tim were separated at one point!

I remember reading a few posts about it all on her tumblr which she had a while ago & quickly abandoned & deleted all the posts regarding her break-up with Tim & I was curious if they were still archived though. I managed to find her old posts.
Keep in mind this happened in 2010 & isn't recent, but it's some history fitting for the Bubz section.

So, in a nutshell, at one point while Bubz was on youtube, she started getting really buddy buddy with chonny & shimmy (other popular asian youtubers) & around July 2010, Bubz went to some Youtuber meet up & shared a room with them while they were there. Her friendship with Chonny is actually (imo) what started her bubbiosity channel, making comedy videos based on chonny's format which made him popular.
anyway.
Here are the vlogs from that event;
part 1 -
part 2 -
Chonny's vlogs - &

Shortly after she made a tumblr & made some emo break-up posts around August 2010.
It's not clear EXACTLY why they broke-up, but considering the small gap of time between the youtube meet-up & their break-up, my thoughts are Tim was jealous of Bubz getting too close with Chonny &, similarly, I think bubz wanted to test the waters.

Here are the posts. She would have been 23 during this time (& types just like she did on her xanga when she was much younger, good grief)
1st August
Youtube
Youtube is probably one of the best things that happened to me.

But also something that took away the actual best thing that ever happened to me….

U & I shared the same dream during our teenage years.

Now that dream seems further and further.

I am now chasing my dreams

but I never realised it caused you to change your world for me.

I never wanted that to happen.

Knowing you feel lost hurts.

Knowing I’m the reason for you to feel lost hurts me more than words can describe.

I wish you would realise nothing actually changed.

I am still me.

1st August would be our 7th year anniversary.

I loved you before.

I love you now.

I’ll always love you.
4th August
</3
Sleeping with a broken heart knowing I broke yours.

I’m sorry for everything.

I messed up.

May you find Happiness with the girl who will be the luckiest girl in the World *smiles*
6th August
My last depressing post
You all see me as a happy and bubbly girl. I do tend to see life on the bright side and live everyday like its my last day on earth. But I’m human and I have feelings right? This is going to be my last post that will be depressing (at least try) and after this; I’m going to get back up and live on with life.

After what feels like a very long night mare, I have officially ended my relationship with my boyfriend of 7 years. I met him when I was 16 years old and we were here for each other throughout our teenage years. He was and still is everything I ever wanted. He made me smile like nobody ever could. He understood me better than I understood myself. I cherish our memories we shared together and I was the luckiest girl in the World to be able to be loved by him. I am STILL the luckiest girl in the World because we are able to be best friends still.

We came to Hong Kong leaving everything behind so we can work for a future together. Sometimes things happen in life. We question why it does. I still question this every night before I go to bed. But things happen for a reason and I believe God has plans for us all. He answered my prayers and now I am released from all the weight that has been on my shoulders.

Youtube was one of the best things that happened to me but it made me lose the most important person of my life. I have nobody to blame but myself. But now I know it happened because maybe he really was supposed to be in my life for these 7 years. With all my heart, I hope he will be able to find the perfect girl who he can love whole heartedly and grow old together.

Now this chapter of my life is over. I’m going to have to deal with it and move on with the next chapter of my life. I just want to thank all of you guys who have been leaving really supportive comments. I don’t know how to reply them tho >< anybody know how?

I’m taking my first step now.

Will you hold my hand?

Either way, I can get up myself.

Right now, my first priority isn’t myself anyway…… It’s him.

————-

If you are lucky enough to be in a loving relationship. Don’t let it slip away. Chase after it and hold it close to your heart.

Thank you for making me the happiest girl in the World for these 7 years <3

Bubz xx…
9th August
When Reality Hits You
I promised myself that my previous entry will be the last depressing one so I’ll try to make this one as non depressing as I can.

Yesterday my sister and I went shopping for some retail therapy… It was our chance to chat before she returns back to HK. It was one of those nice nice days but also one of the most saddest days I’ve had in Hong Kong. When I see how he had no life in his eyes; I just wanted to hug him n tell him everything is ok. He had to come to my dads apartment last nite to fix the TV. It reminded me our good times we had in STK. Built our first 1000 jigsaw puzzle, how he tried to cook me a european dinner cz I was homesick, how we watched tv together every night while eating at the place downstairs… Then watching him leave at midnight to go back home alone made my heart ache a little more. I wanted to go back with him… I wanted to keep him company… I wanted to reassure him… but all of these things will just make things worse.

Last night I misunderstood him and if it wasn’t the misunderstanding- he wouldn’t have broken out of the mould and told me how he really felt. I didnt need him to because I KNEW already but listening to it killed me…

I questioned myself last night, has it really come down to this? Reality hit me. It hit me that he reali is gone.

This guy would be the perfect husband

The amazing father of my children

The one who understands me most

The one who makes me laugh

Everything I’ll ever want and need.

But we want different things despite loving each other very much. I wish I loved him as much as he loved me; then things will be VERY different.

I can’t even bring myself to imagine when he leaves HK to return back to UK in October. We’ve spent so much time together and it will be so painful to imagine life without Tim here. He was the only family I had and his family taken me in as their own. But none the less- I really want him to be happy. He doesnt need to be in here anymore. He needs to be surrounded by his friends & family. He needs to go home so he can heal and get over me properly.

What about me? I probably will end up returning back to UK. We only came to hk hoping to make a future together…. only time can tell… Either way- I know I’ll be alright.

I have spent too long questioning myself on my actions. Well Ive made decisions already and I know i’ll have to just get with it and move on with life. Most of all; not drag those i care about but could hurt along. I really wanted to be the one he wil confide in…the one that will make his troubles disappear… but all of that is impossible. All I ever do is make them worse.

He always protected me from being cold, hungry, danger, unhappiness and hurt.

Now its time he protects himself and for me to do the protecting on my own. I feel relieved he has 3 ‘angels’ to look out for him. I know he will heal. I will too.

As we stand back to back, we will now walk in opposite directions…

Only praying and wishing each other Happiness and ‘to never live life with regrets’.

——————————————————————————————-
10th August
Basic Instinct
to make sure you’re ok…
19th August
Acceptance
Alot has happened in the past 3 weeks…. Sometimes in life- u just gotta snap out of it and realise the world just won’t stop for you. You have to accept reality and move on. Life is not one big happy fairy tale. It can get really tough, harsh and suck but you have to keep moving because only the strong ones will survive. I’m looking out the balcony windows now. I can see the rain hitting off the glass, I can see the fast ripples in the sea and the gloomy weather. I’m going to be just fine.

As I type this blog in the living room, sheltered, warm and safe. I know I am very fortunate.

It’s never easy knowing you are the reason for someone to not be able to get up from bed. Knowing you caused somebody you care about to question their own future. Because of me…

But I just gotta have faith. There is nothin I can do anymore that will help him… friends and family may be there to guide him but end of the day- he needs to take the first step himself. I know he can do it =) Im not just saying this for the sake of it; I mean it. I have faith he will be just fine. I know God has plans for him…. this may only be the begining for him.

I’m just going to keep busy. =).

Going to do photoshoot for my new range of shirts tomorrow. Going to be a very busy week but I am looking forward to it. Yesterday I sat on the bus and I couldn’t I was wearing a shirt designed by myself that would be sold around the World. It still makes me shiver down my spine. I still don’t believe it… Feels like I’m stil dreaming..

Alot of times in life, we end up in places we never thought we would end up in. But this isn’t always a bad thing. It happens for a reason and alot of times; happens for the better. Sometimes it can postpone you for a while- but if it really matters u will continue on this path.

Wearing my new shirts ^_^.
19th August
When your own friends choose sides
I know he is suffering alot right now and is in alot of pain. It aches me just thinking about it… Not a day goes by that I don’t feel that sharp sting in my chest. It’s there. I just don’t talk about it.

I need a friend too…. I act ok because I force myself to be ok. It’s not because im cold hearted or just ‘moved on too soon’. I’m not stupid- I know exactly what is going on and how the situation is. I don’t need you to tell me what to do or what not to do.

Just because I am the type of person that likes to see the light in every situation and tries to block out unhappy feelings doesn’t mean I am heartless.

Disappointed in myself. Disappointed that I got upset with what you said. Although you said what you said harshly without thinking for my feelings too, I am grateful. So Thank you for being here for him and giving him strength when he needs it. With all my heart- thank you.
19th September
O_O
Alot of people were realli curious regarding my break up with my boyfriend… The reason I didn’t get into detail was because it’s personal. You guys are more than subscribers to me so I still told you guys about it. You guys really supported me yet gave me all the privacy I needed.

However- there are rumours floating around (also started from a youtube hater channel) that I got dumped. That is not true. Even if it is- its none of your business.

We wanted different things. Its something both of us couldn’t change.

I’m trying my best to move on. We got each others support. We still hang out and chill like we used to be. Everyday is beautiful. We both love each other very much and want the best for each other.

Why some people are so nosy and need to dig into ppls private lives to dish dirt is beyond me.

Thats all I need to say =_=

rock on =D
& not even 4 months later..
12th January
It’s forever.
They say after 7 years, people tend to evaluate their relationship.

I experienced the 7 year itch.

There was a lot of pain and heart ache…

But when you over come the “7 year itch”.

You realise it really is forever.

We’re stronger than ever.

Is there a guy like you on Earth? There is no one ^_^.

I love u Bubba ^.^ xx
reconciled!

Here's some of bubz past thoughts on being called spoiled too
12th January 2013
I am not spoilt.
Hong kong is SOOOo COLD lately! Holy!! Apparently it’s the coldest December in 11 years!!!! Last night before I fell asleep I was just thinking how lucky I am to be sheltered and warm. I said to Tim, “What about the beggars in the streets of Hong Kong?”

Then I woke up and saw on the news about these homeless men dying in the streets… It made me feel really sad. Made me wonder how these men ended up in the streets. Where is their family? What happened?

We really take life for granted sometimes. Life is so short and like glass- it can shatter in seconds. So you guys out there reading this random post- you are all very blessed and lucky. You guys are safe and sound in your homes =). Feel lucky.

Lately- I realised one thing.

“Good people can have as much haters as bad people. Why? Because there are lots of insecure people”.

Apparently I’ve had an eyelid operation

Apparently I’ve had a nose job.

Apparently I’m spoilt.

Apparently I’m a lesbian.

Apparently I died (lol?)

I don’t care when people comment on how i look, dress, etc.. But do not question my integrity. My parents worked very hard to make living standards comfortable for us. I worked when I was 12 years old. Yes it was for my parents and what? I was treated like any staff of the restaurant. I mopped, I swept the floor. I cleaned the dishes. I memorized all the code numbers of 100s of dishes. I waited tables. I helped prepare the food. I had to deal with responsibility of running a restaurant before I even learnt what responsibility meant. I could’ve done better on my grades due to work but I don’t regret anything. Looking back- I enjoyed it very much. I learnt so much helping out and i wouldn’t change it for anything. I’m not spoilt.

Everything I have now is earned by myself. I worked for it. I don’t have my parents to rely on. Ok- say even if i did? None of your business right?

My boyfriend works hard too. We are both partners and because he treated me a surprise holiday for my birthday- I’m spoilt? The surprise holiday was the sweetest thing anybody has done for me. But I would’ve been happy if he made me a sock bunny or even a DIY card. I honestly felt really bad that he forked out tickets for me. But he told me its ok, you can earn money again but there’s not always a chance to go on holidays since we both got work schedules. I’ve been with my boyfriend ever since I was 16 years old. What makes you guys think hes rich anyway?. Can’t a guy work super hard for a whole year and then go for a 4 day holiday as a break? Please don’t insult my integrity by accusing me as a money-hungry scrounger alright? If you know me- you will know that I never let anybody ‘treat’ me. I always pay for myself. Another reason is why I barely even accept ‘sponsors’ now but I won’t even go there today.

People talk badly of others to make themselves feel better otherwise there would be no reason to do it right?

Instead of focusing your time stepping on other people. You should spend more time reflecting worrying about your own life. Ask yourself if what you’re doing is even making a contribution to the World. Is it making a contribution to your own life. You still don’t see it yourself? *shrugs*.

Sorry to break it to you but People who actually make it are Do-ers and not Talk-ers.

I’m continuing to stride forward to reach my dreams (LOL so corny). I may fall and make crap loads of mistakes but at least I’m willing to try & learn.

So there you go. I was brought up comfortably by my family and very very grateful for my parents & grand parents hard work.

You cannot buy happiness with money. Happiness is free. Why throw it away eh? Unless misery is your form of happiness. Whatever suits you baby.

Don’t hate the player. Hate the game.

LOL again.

Pwnd.
These were the only things worth documenting from her Tumblr, it really wasn't something she kept updated.
If you want to browse the cached version, just go here
http://web.archive.org/web/201201251045 ... umblr.com/
& browse the archive (it's where I got everything from).

I was going to see if I could add anything from her old xanga too but it need to be upgraded or something to retrieve the posts, & it doesn't seem to be saved in the wayback site, unfortunately.

anyway, if I find more or you guys have more feel free to post.
This is mainly just for you new guys to read up on if you're bored haha.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Bubz & Tim breakup 2010 (old news for new members)

Post by amuto_lover »

dat exaggeration! She must of been watching to many k dramas and anime's back then.

I hope bubz does take a look back on her old post especially the " I am not spoilt" post.

Noko
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Noko »

amuto_lover wrote:dat exaggeration! She must of been watching to many k dramas and anime's back then.

I hope bubz does take a look back on her old post especially the " I am not spoilt" post.
ikr, my personal favourite excerpt;
"I’m looking out the balcony windows now. I can see the rain hitting off the glass, I can see the fast ripples in the sea and the gloomy weather. I’m going to be just fine."

The fact she even made a post like that shows she doesn't even know the meaning of the word 'spoiled'. All the "hard work" she did is just the equivalent of any other person attending school & having a job.
She comes off as entitled even now.

NotAZombie

Post by NotAZombie »

Thank you for compiling this into one post, Noko~

Is this just me or bubz kinda got her talking style from Shimmy and Chonny? And Chonny somewhat reminds me of Tim.

I really like how bubz looked like back there.

J'en ai marre
Informer
Informer

Post by J'en ai marre »

Thanks for this Noko. Wow I did not remember that Bubz was already so bitchy about money back in the days... It's true that she wrote this like she was in a K drama, but I understand her sorrow. Being with someone for 7 years and (especially if it is your first relationship) and breaking up after all that time is difficult to deal with.

But at the same time, SHE probably did the mistake by sleeping in the same hotel room than these two guys, and that is a big no-no, even if you get on really well with your partner and that he trusts you.

NotAZombie

Post by NotAZombie »

I just had a thought: Is this the reason why Tim has been an asshole to bubz? I don't recall Tim being such an ass in her earlier videos, or that is just because she didn't show enough footage of him back in those days.

halogirl
Informer
Informer

Post by halogirl »

@NotAZombie - you made a point! lol, maybe he is an ass towards her and goes out drinking and leaves her alone is him still resenting her for her time with shimmy and chonny. Although I have always wondered, why didn't tim go with and share a room with lindy? I mean since he probably worked from home back then (working for the bubzbeauty store) he could have easily gone with. Even though he isn't a youtuber, you'd think lindy would want her bf of 7 years to come with and experience that with her.

BUT then again, as stated in the above posts, she seemed like she was testing the waters and doing w/e she wanted so maybe tim wanted to go and she told him not to?

It does suck that it seems her friendships with them was compromised by this, since i don't recall her interacting with shimmy or chonny (over youtube or twitter like she did BEFORE this happened) after her and tim got back together

Just my imagination lol.

It kinda makes me feel old though, how much time has passed since then, a lot of her subscribers have probably forgotten that happened or don't even know.

lolliesbunny

Post by lolliesbunny »

I get annoyed when she whined about the break up for 4 posts then say so many people are curious by my breakup! FFS woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

halogirl
Informer
Informer

Post by halogirl »

lolliesbunny wrote:I get annoyed when she whined about the break up for 4 posts then say so many people are curious by my breakup! FFS woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL, I agree, if you make the choice to put your business out there like that, be prepared to deal with people being nosey and asking questions.

Return to “Bubzbeauty”