Ruby Granger

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ruby Granger

Post by shishtarsalma »

we’re not expecting ruby to act like bhad bahbie or any other brat, she is ruby and thats wonderful but its just shes a tad bit childish, its the same routine over and over again, child lile parties and just in general little things she sometimes does that most people grow out of.

i get we’d prefer kids dont look up to danielle bregoli but then again i wouldnt want my “kids” to look up to someone like jojo siwa but thata a completely different topic

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

She seems so awkward in Jade's birthday weekend vlog. Not sure if she isn't comfortable on camera or what, but she seems to just agree with everything Jade said or simply parrot back (I also haven't watched other vlogs of them together )

Judymonster
Talker
Talker

Post by Judymonster »

airlocked wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:23 am
She seems so awkward in Jade's birthday weekend vlog. Not sure if she isn't comfortable on camera or what, but she seems to just agree with everything Jade said or simply parrot back (I also haven't watched other vlogs of them together )
She is usually like that in collab videos, so I guess she wants to please people the best as she can. Always saying yes, laughing too much or complimenting... I wonder if she is also like that off camera?
Oh but the video collab with Holly Gabrielle is the worst according to me!! They both are awkward and seem fakely happy

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer

Post by shishtarsalma »

airlocked wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:23 am
manny mua and jeffree star who

(sorry that was a bad joke but if u know u know)

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl »

There was a telling part in Jade's vlog where Ruby tries to guess a cello song, and when Jade doesn't answer Ruby asks "isn't it? Was I right?" a couple of times - it shows how much of her personality relies on being correct and the smartest all the time.

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer

Post by shishtarsalma »

its interesting to hear ruby talk about something other than harry potter or 14 hour revision days. i would like her to discuss more study myths, techniques and evidence based studying (like ali abdaal)

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

The birthday vlog with Jade was odd. Jade is a natural in front of the camera, though she sometimes gets over stimulated, shall we say? Too many arms flaying about! Ruby is the exact opposite of her, which is why they seem so odd together. Ruby is stiff as a board, parrots everything, agrees, rarely offers anything to a conversation, while being desperate to be accepted. You can tell by her eyes whenever she talks to Jade or while Jade is opening her gifts. She is constantly looking for approval. I would find her so wearing to be around. No one likes hanging around someone who is always waiting for a pat on the head instead of being an equal peer. Jade is outgrowing her fast. They only hang out because they are part of the UK study tubers. In any other situation they would not be crossing each other's paths.

Judymonster
Talker
Talker

Post by Judymonster »

WatchandWonder wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:29 pm
The birthday vlog with Jade was odd. Jade is a natural in front of the camera, though she sometimes gets over stimulated, shall we say? Too many arms flaying about! Ruby is the exact opposite of her, which is why they seem so odd together. Ruby is stiff as a board, parrots everything, agrees, rarely offers anything to a conversation, while being desperate to be accepted. You can tell by her eyes whenever she talks to Jade or while Jade is opening her gifts. She is constantly looking for approval. I would find her so wearing to be around. No one likes hanging around someone who is always waiting for a pat on the head instead of being an equal peer. Jade is outgrowing her fast. They only hang out because they are part of the UK study tubers. In any other situation they would not be crossing each other's paths.
Do you think so? Actually that would make sense, I guess they are not real REAL friends, they seemed to be quite bored during the birthday vlog, but wanted to look happy and excited.
Why is Ruby that stiff? Is it her real personality or is it because of many reasons: she might be shy with Jade, she might be more uncomfortable in front of someone else's camera and be a totally different person when they don't film, etc. ?
If that's her real personality, then she's not very interesting and that's pretty sad... She wants to be "kind" but that kindness is only made to be accepted and liked.

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

Judymonster wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:40 am
WatchandWonder wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:29 pm
Do you think so? Actually that would make sense, I guess they are not real REAL friends, they seemed to be quite bored during the birthday vlog, but wanted to look happy and excited.
Why is Ruby that stiff? Is it her real personality or is it because of many reasons: she might be shy with Jade, she might be more uncomfortable in front of someone else's camera and be a totally different person when they don't film, etc. ?
If that's her real personality, then she's not very interesting and that's pretty sad... She wants to be "kind" but that kindness is only made to be accepted and liked.
Jade usually gets along with everyone, but I feel like she is constantly patting Ruby on the head, like she is her little sister, making sure she doesn't hurt her feelings or go beyond Ruby's emotional abilities. Ruby probably admires her to some extent, but since Jade is travelling, drinking, driving, partying, makes friends everywhere, and Ruby is still playing with her little cousins, the only thing they have in common is YT and studying. That is it. That isn't much. I don't think Ruby is shy. I think she is very awkward and doesn't know how to socialize very well out of her tiny circle of younger friends and cousins/family members. She doesn't even seem to get along with her own sister because of their differences. Why on earth were she and Jade sitting so far away from each other when they decided to read? You can't read next to someone? I do it every day! Jade looked like she was glad to drop Ruby off at home so she could get back to her family and celebrations. "Playing" with Ruby or anyone else your age can be exhausting. Being "kind" isn't that hard, really. If you are brought up with decent manners you know how to be kind to people. Ruby takes it to some odd level where it makes it out to be a rare virtue, which it is not. I know hundreds of "kind" people who don't have to go out of their way to make the effort. They simply are whom they are. Ruby is just an incredibly boring person who has a lot of growing up to do and she constantly stifles that journey, which is a pity. College is definitely not the making of her.

Post by Guest »

Looks like she's trying to ditch the fringe

YellowLadybird
Informer
Informer

Post by YellowLadybird »

Nearly time for Part II... thread name ideas?

emilynxlan
Learner
Learner

Post by emilynxlan »

YellowLadybird wrote:Nearly time for Part II... thread name ideas?
Ruby Granger 2 - Not studying for 12 hours a day who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judymonster
Talker
Talker

Post by Judymonster »

YellowLadybird wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:02 pm
Nearly time for Part II... thread name ideas?
Ruby Boringer thread

BettyJ
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BettyJ »

The things she said in her new videos really makes me think she reads ALL this stuff. I´m so sorry she got to read all this toxic hate. Well I honestly shoudnt read this forum, Im probably too sensitiv for this. Judging her for absolutely everything she does... this makes me really sad.

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer

Post by shishtarsalma »

i agree! i had a feeling she found some comments about her style but ive mentioned this before and i'll mention it again. although her style will never be my cup of tea, it makes ruby who she is and suits her, thats not without saying some of the new outfits are nice on her but if her old boots and frocky type dresses were what shes comfortable in then so be it. i think the main issue we have with ruby is her inability to integrate and change things up and constant ineffective study techniques. her fashion isnt really an issue

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer

Post by shishtarsalma »

double post but

im LIVING for her new outfits! i loved the first dress, abercrombie tops and some other items and that denim jacket! some items i would’ve possibly reached for myself! i hope shes just happy mentally and isn’t stressing herself with this switch

Judymonster
Talker
Talker

Post by Judymonster »

BettyJ wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:17 pm
The things she said in her new videos really makes me think she reads ALL this stuff. I´m so sorry she got to read all this toxic hate. Well I honestly shoudnt read this forum, Im probably too sensitiv for this. Judging her for absolutely everything she does... this makes me really sad.
Or maybe she got inspired by someone/ her friends/ pinterest/ social media? It happens to everyone, you can discover someone or a thing so cool you want to look like a little bit more like that person or that thing.
She maybe realized she wanted to look more mature, like a lady or something, we will never know.

I think people criticized her way of dressing since the beginning, why suddenly changing now hmm? I don't think she cares about what's happening here or at least forces herself to not read.

PotatoPotato88
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by PotatoPotato88 »

It's pretty normal to change things up around this time. I see many of my younger classmates who just got out of high school change and become more confident and trying to find their own style. I feel that one thing all girls do at some point is cut their hair short... idk why but so many do this and I have to say I loved it when I did it. It is like leaving your younger self and starting fresh and new.

( Personally I never felt that Ruby's clothes made her look young but more her head/hair, the long hair and the color of it is very young looking. It different haircut would look amazing and it's always fun to do) (now I feel I'm being judgy but I generally think It could help her feel more mature and confident)

rissymoon
Learner
Learner

Post by rissymoon »

I don't think her style is that different in this video? Some more skin, but the general 'designs' she goes for is the same lol. I am surprised she showed more skin though??
I love the off shoulder red/maroon top so much, and just yes to all these outfits.

Also, while I love bangs, I think she would look amazing if she grew them out. Her face looks slimmer/longer and that hairstyle just suits her~

BettyJ
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BettyJ »

Main reason I think this thread might be inspiration for her change is she saying her old clothes look childish. Also explaining why she sometimes still shops in children section. Which makes me think she also read all the other harsh stuff here.
But I also think this new style is nice change, I love her without bangs, with light make-up she definitely had in the video, and ofc this new clothes. I was little shocked she showed her bikini top, since in earlier vids it looked like she was following some modesty rules for clothing (nothing wrong with that, but I personaly prefer her this way :)).

Return to “Ruby Granger”