Taylor Chamberlain

People with less than 3 archived locked threads.
1d97
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Taylor Chamberlain

Post by 1d97 »

Sarah_hunny wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:43 pm
I grew up in the same small CO town with Chloe and Taylor and went to school with them until they moved to AZ. They were mean, rich girls. Once their dads are shady business went bankrupt they moved to AZ to continue their mean rich girl lifestyle. They were born into wealth, the bankruptcy and “losing everything” tactic is so phony and i feel bad for all the people that truly believe it. Such an eye roll.
What type of business did their dad run? I have never believed the whole “lost everything” shtick they do

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

1d97 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:19 pm
Sarah_hunny wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:43 pm
I grew up in the same small CO town with Chloe and Taylor and went to school with them until they moved to AZ. They were mean, rich girls. Once their dads are shady business went bankrupt they moved to AZ to continue their mean rich girl lifestyle. They were born into wealth, the bankruptcy and “losing everything” tactic is so phony and i feel bad for all the people that truly believe it. Such an eye roll.
What type of business did their dad run? I have never believed the whole “lost everything” shtick they do
He ran a car dealership https://www.greeleytribune.com/2009/08/ ... n-closure/

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

surprise surprise, people are bitching that everything is sold out. why does she spend so much on campaigns and PR boxes when she doesn't need it or can't even supply her customers?

I mean, she could do a launch and still sell out, whats the point of all this other shit if she's not manufacturing enough goods?

corneliast13
Lurker
Lurker

Post by corneliast13 »

wilmadawn wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:42 pm
surprise surprise, people are bitching that everything is sold out. why does she spend so much on campaigns and PR boxes when she doesn't need it or can't even supply her customers?

I mean, she could do a launch and still sell out, whats the point of all this other shit if she's not manufacturing enough goods?
on their website it looks like almost nothing sold out?

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

corneliast13 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:42 pm
wilmadawn wrote:

i guess i was just going off of the comments on the IG page, tons of people were bitching they were sold out in X minutes and they didnt get what they wanted.

Spaceballs21
Learner
Learner

Post by Spaceballs21 »

corneliast13 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:42 pm
wilmadawn wrote:

They do have a ton of stuff still available but a lot of the tops and bottoms are sold out, mainly in sizes M-XXL.

Tbh I don’t understand their business model. Why only do limited drops that only have so much on hand and not do restocks? Are they afraid of not being able to sell it all? Maybe they could if they’d do sales, they still have items from the Artemis Collection for sale and could probably sell the stock easily if they ran a sale on them. I’m so tired of companies like hers doing clothing launches with limited inventory and not doing restocks. Plus they probably waste a good chunk of money sending out so many free boxes, everyone seems to get multiple swimsuits and coverups in each box, but yet they can’t order more to actually sell?

Ddot1199
Learner
Learner

Post by Ddot1199 »

They’re just creating artificial demand by intentionally constricting supply. It makes it look like their product is more coveted and exclusive than it is because the only people that can get it are the ones who sit at their phones and computers waiting for the launch time.

They want to be a cross between lululemon and high fashion runway brands, but there’s a reason why they don’t sell their product in stores or at popups - a casual purchaser would never spend that much money on H&M/Forever 21 quality product.

t0talbl0ndie
Learner
Learner

Post by t0talbl0ndie »

Ddot1199 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:04 am
They’re just creating artificial demand by intentionally constricting supply. It makes it look like their product is more coveted and exclusive than it is because the only people that can get it are the ones who sit at their phones and computers waiting for the launch time.

They want to be a cross between lululemon and high fashion runway brands, but there’s a reason why they don’t sell their product in stores or at popups - a casual purchaser would never spend that much money on H&M/Forever 21 quality product.
Def agree "They’re just creating artificial demand by intentionally constricting supply." I really think it's a tactic as well, like tbh most of the time when I'm thinking of buying something -- even just something like a swimsuit, I'll be like "hmm do I REALLY need this? Let me think about it" but when you have this pseudo supply construction it doesn't allow people to really think through their purchase(s) and I really think that type of model creates more impulse buying etc. But that's just IMO though, I don't have a psychology background or degree!!

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

i dont understand the people that are dying to get anything made by her, it all looks very average and people are constantly complaining about things on the IG page. from the quality to selling out and waiting light years for their items to ship. why not just go to the actual store or mall where you get tons of selection for cheaper and no hassle on returning things?

waffle_luver5
Informer
Informer

Post by waffle_luver5 »

t0talbl0ndie wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:31 am
Ddot1199 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:04 am

Def agree "They’re just creating artificial demand by intentionally constricting supply." I really think it's a tactic as well, like tbh most of the time when I'm thinking of buying something -- even just something like a swimsuit, I'll be like "hmm do I REALLY need this? Let me think about it" but when you have this pseudo supply construction it doesn't allow people to really think through their purchase(s) and I really think that type of model creates more impulse buying etc. But that's just IMO though, I don't have a psychology background or degree!!
I'm getting my Master's in Strategic Communication & Advertising - it's called the Scarcity Principle and it is 100% a tactic.

Lady_Galadriel
Talker
Talker

Post by Lady_Galadriel »

These people have gotten me twice so far 🤦🏾‍♀️ I bought a couple of balance pieces from the outlander collection and it’s just average...wouldn’t say it was worth the money. Then they came out with Toluca...I’m actually a pretty big Whitney Stan so I was watching the Toluca stuff but didn’t appreciate the price tag of them! Well they got me this time with those dang cover ups 🤦🏾‍♀️ I spent 145$ on cover ups lol...they shipped today and they come Thursday so we will see how I like them.

justlurkindntmindme
Learner
Learner

Post by justlurkindntmindme »

The new Balance collection.....am I missing something??? How is this collection "leveling them up as a brand"? The leggings, crop tops, and bras are completely basic; just solid colored Lululemon dupes, and I wouldn't personally wear any of those colors. The Balance x Vitality pieces look extremely cheap and it's so overdone. The same shit you see on all the fast fashion sites, yet these will be triple the price.

harty297
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by harty297 »

Lady_Galadriel wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:43 pm
These people have gotten me twice so far 🤦🏾‍♀️ I bought a couple of balance pieces from the outlander collection and it’s just average...wouldn’t say it was worth the money. Then they came out with Toluca...I’m actually a pretty big Whitney Stan so I was watching the Toluca stuff but didn’t appreciate the price tag of them! Well they got me this time with those dang cover ups 🤦🏾‍♀️ I spent 145$ on cover ups lol...they shipped today and they come Thursday so we will see how I like them.
Ugh I'm the same! I'm always so torn bc I love Whitney but so over Taylor and Balance. Everything I've ordered from Balance I've been disappointed in. It's not worth the money. I got a suit from this Toluca launch so we'll see how they are!

Ddot1199
Learner
Learner

Post by Ddot1199 »

justlurkindntmindme wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:10 pm
The new Balance collection.....am I missing something??? How is this collection "leveling them up as a brand"? The leggings, crop tops, and bras are completely basic; just solid colored Lululemon dupes, and I wouldn't personally wear any of those colors. The Balance x Vitality pieces look extremely cheap and it's so overdone. The same shit you see on all the fast fashion sites, yet these will be triple the price.
The new collection video looks like something SNL would make as a spoof to a “trendy” clothing company inspired by moderna and pfizer.

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alliezee »

I haven't been on here in a long time, but logged back in after having the WORST experience with Balance. I don't really follow fitness people much anymore on Insta, so a lot of the Balance controversy I wasn't really aware of...

A friend of mine bought something from the overlander? collection - it was a top that was so cute on her, so I bought one too. It came and I just wasn't really in a place with my body to want a crop top anymore, so I returned it. Never even took it out of the packaging. It was 'denied' for a perfectly straight line pen mark. I hadn't even opened the stupid top, so I was out $70 for a stupid shirt i'll never wear. Thanks Tay *~

Lady_Galadriel
Talker
Talker

Post by Lady_Galadriel »

harty297 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:01 pm
Lady_Galadriel wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:43 pm
Ugh I'm the same! I'm always so torn bc I love Whitney but so over Taylor and Balance. Everything I've ordered from Balance I've been disappointed in. It's not worth the money. I got a suit from this Toluca launch so we'll see how they are!
I got my cover ups today...I like it much better than what I got from balance but still wouldn’t say it’s worth 145$ They do make me feel really nice though and I’ll definitely wear them but again 145 for a knit skirt and then another skirt and a wrap top 🤔 they should be able to do my taxes for that much lol

ZMartinique
Learner
Learner

Post by ZMartinique »

Some people were theorizing that the new collection was the one meant to be shown in NY fashion week and I can not stop cringing. The teaser was also just sooo baaaaaaaaad and cheesy.

Jkl1600
Learner
Learner

Post by Jkl1600 »

Just got an email from Toluca that "due to a glitch with their third party system" the swim skirt I ordered was actually out of stock. So odd that the only time I ever see this happen is with influencer brands.

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

Jkl1600 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:05 pm
Just got an email from Toluca that "due to a glitch with their third party system" the swim skirt I ordered was actually out of stock. So odd that the only time I ever see this happen is with influencer brands.
it happened the last launch too, people were blowing them up on the IG page & so pissed. anyway, taylor is out relaxing in the mountains this weekend again since she never gets time off and is horrible about letting herself take time off.

pennywise451
Learner
Learner

Post by pennywise451 »

justlurkindntmindme wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:10 pm
THIS!! Nothing Balance does is unique, it is overpriced and they have terrible customer service...what am I missing??

Return to “Misc - Archived Threads”