Moonbiter
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lucy Moon / meowitslucy Part 2

Post by Moonbiter »

do you have a link to hannah's video?
I sent you a private message with the link. It was one of her Vlognika videos so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

Showing job applications to other people without the applicant's consent would be illegal in my country, even more so if it's creative content like a video edit that involves a photo of said applicant. Can she be professional about her job at least once?

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

HippoFriend wrote:Showing job applications to other people without the applicant's consent would be illegal in my country, even more so if it's creative content like a video edit that involves a photo of said applicant. Can she be professional about her job at least once?
Omg I thought the same thing, actually I was mortified for those poor people who had their applications put on blast like that as though it was funny content? It's not like she said anything was bad, but it wasn't hers to share, it's so unprofessional and weird.

Especially the first guy because I'm pretty sure he had his name exposed as well as his whole presentation which anyone is free to copy now...

One of the main reasons being, most people don't want to signal to present employers that they are applying elsewhere. Also, god, just general privacy. When you send in an application it's understood to be between you and the employer, not put on the employer's Insta stories!!!

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

I can’t see the Instastories. Did anyone take a screenshot? That’s something Lucy should be accountable for.

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

Oh my God, why did she post them? In what kind of context was she talking about them? I would not want to be hired by her if I applied and found out she did that.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Yeah it was yesterday it they're gone now. The first she posted because the guy applying had made this multimedia presentation as his resume with his qualifications and she thought it was cool.

The second she was posting the girl's cover letter where she said she's an aspiring actress and does this work on the side (or something, I'm paraphrasing from memory) and Lucy posted some sort of "aren't we all" text across it. But the rest of the letter was still there and Lucy had kind of lazily scribbled over it to hide *parts* of the URL the girl had posted with examples of her work. She did try to hide the identity but I'm sorry if that had been my letter I'd still feel exposed and embarrassed.

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

And Lucy has gone and bought a bunch of stuff on Everlane.

What is it with these youtubers doing "capsule wardrobes" and yet incessantly buying clothes? I swear Anna and Lucy buy way more clothes now than they ever did when they didn't call it a capsule.

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

She mentioned she was going to do VEDJ and how excited she was to make videos.
Bet she hasn't pre-recorded anything and we'll just get lots of low effort vlogs until she "burns out"

I don't get why she thinks she has to do these video everyday things to be creative when the result is the exact opposite. Like she can't even be creative once a week I don't think removing time is gonna help.

eliastel
Lurker
Lurker

Post by eliastel »

Monster_Guru33
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Monster_Guru33 »

Bi_ct_h
Learner
Learner

Post by Bi_ct_h »

If I have to hear about gluten one more fucking time I swear I'll do my nut in. She's changed so much from when I knew her in 2013, like honestly who the fuck is this girl now!?

Oh my sea
Learner
Learner

Post by Oh my sea »

The fact that Lucy thinks if she commits to one video every other day she'll be able to make better content is laughable. Like how many videos does she think she can make in the month of January that won't be recycled videos? I'm expecting at least one what I wore in a week video and one 168 hours. I'm also expecting a winter capsule video/ creating the winter capsule, a winter make up look, a favourites video as well as vlog on her being gluten-free and how it changed her life. we'll see a few sprinkled AD's (O2 grwm) and probably a video at the end where she says she committed to much and should have done something like 2 videos a week. I'll be surprised if she does keep to her one video every other day and not disappear off the face of the earth in Feb. Having said all of that I am somewhat excited to see what content she will put out as I do love her editing style.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

don't forget you may well be seeing less of her editing style now she's hiring help

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

Ooh a few thoughts on that video:

* "If I was going to have done a video every day, I'd have had to have batch filmed from November!" ... umm, so why didn't you? You put up THREE videos in the month of November and stopped uploading your podcast that month, it's not quite you've really been hustling.

* Also her talking about how because she's not in a regular job her progress is always up and down and never uphill progression. Lucy, may I suggest you might actually find you do have more of a consistent progression if you actually knuckle down and DID the work?

* "I'm going to go... cause it's still officially my Christmas break. It's not really, when do WE ever get Christmas breaks?!" Oh Lucy, don't even start with the whole "being an influencer is so hard, we work all the time, we don't have any time off!" crap when you've been abroad multiple times this year and have struggled to consistently put up one low quality video a week.

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

holly golightly wrote: * "I'm going to go... cause it's still officially my Christmas break. It's not really, when do WE ever get Christmas breaks?!" Oh Lucy, don't even start with the whole "being an influencer is so hard, we work all the time, we don't have any time off!" crap when you've been abroad multiple times this year and have struggled to consistently put up one low quality video a week.
As someone who works a job where I only got Christmas day and Stephens day off that made me roll my eyes so hard. Its like she thinks the rest of the world is working 9-5 office jobs with tonnes of holidays and days off, and totally forgets about all the people in healthcare, service, transport, retail etc. who don't get proper Christmas breaks and are lucky if they get time off to see their families.
She lives in such a bubble

Post by Guest »

She's acting insufferable. She would benefit from a 9 to 5 job to give her some structure. Working for oneself only works for those who motivate and plan for themselves and get stuff done. I know I couldn't work for myself so 9 to 5 it is...

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

Lucy: “living paycheck to paycheck is so difficult.”
“As an influencer you never know where you stand month to month.”
“I need to diversify my revenue streams as my finances are not secure”

Also Lucy: *treats herself to Acne Studios just after buying a huge amount of stuff from Everlane*

YellowLadybird
Informer
Informer

Post by YellowLadybird »

HaveSomeMilk wrote:Lucy: “living paycheck to paycheck is so difficult.”
“As an influencer you never know where you stand month to month.”
“I need to diversify my revenue streams as my finances are not secure”

Also Lucy: *treats herself to Acne Studios just after buying a huge amount of stuff from Everlane*
Shit man, I've got a proper FT salaried job and even when I'm feeling rich I couldn't part with £350 for a JUMPER. For that I could get an entire new wardrobe.

cloudcastles
Learner
Learner

Post by cloudcastles »

I like how she said she doesn't have enough time to read and 'consume media' and then immediately followed it up by saying she spent way too much time on social media. There's your answer.

And what's up with her accent? Definitely getting more London-y.

damnita
Learner
Learner

Post by damnita »

Six hours, nineteen minutes, right ascension, fourteen degrees, twenty-three minutes declination... no sighting of new video

El inglés no es mi primer idioma, sorry for the shitty grammar

Return to “Lucy Moon”