Lucy Moon / meowitslucy Part 2

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lucy Moon / meowitslucy Part 2

Post by holly golightly »

Honestly, I think part of the issue with younger Youtubers like Lucy is that they see bigger names like Anna Newton, Lily Pebbles, Zoella and Tanya Burr only uploading once a week (at least when they last were uploading consistently, I don't think Zoella's uploaded to her main channel in months) and think that that's the normal work output for a full time youtuber. What she doesn't seem to get is that for YEARS prior to that they were uploading multiple times a week. It's only a recent development that they have now gotten to the point where they earn enough money just doing the one video (plus side projects), but that wasn't how they started doing youtube full time. As much as I do criticise those youtubers, I do actually think they did a decent amount of grafting to get to the position they're at; Lucy seems to think that she can just immediately be at that same point of success but without doing any of the groundwork they did.

ludirudi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ludirudi »

I don't understand how she makes money for rent. Listening to her latest video and she makes it seem like she did so many brand deals in 2018 but she didn't?

Even paid nicely, that amount of brand deals wouldn't translate to paying rent. Are her parents paying?

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

So Lucy doesn't know what a meme is and thinks its just like, funny things that have happened? I guess?

Oh my sea
Learner
Learner

Post by Oh my sea »

Does lucy even know what content she uploads? As she opened her new video saying she made no favourite's videos in 2018, so she's doing a year review. Yet in summer 2018 she made a current favourites video. So do tell us, Lucy, what counts as a favourite's video?

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

the sheer laziness in editing astounds me :|

she says she doesn't want to list off instagram pages but could she not do some phone screen recording and pop it onscreen to show us through some accounts?

At the end she talks about favourite memes but doesn't include the clips, why not people might like it and find it humorous?

Anyone notice at the beginning where she's talking about her gut issues and she says she's had some results back and "it's not what [she] thought it was" so she's not celiac then...?

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

HaveSomeMilk wrote:the sheer laziness in editing astounds me :|

she says she doesn't want to list off instagram pages but could she not do some phone screen recording and pop it onscreen to show us through some accounts?
I remember her doing a video before recommending other youtubers, but never showed any clips or tumbnails, didn't put any captions with their screen name on it, or any links to them. Its not just a bad way of recommending stuff -cause no way am I gonna do all the leg work tracking these people down- but it just makes for bad video content. Someone just listing stuff for 20 minutes is boring. How does she not realize this?

Also I think Lucy is the only person who thought she was celiac, my money has always been one good old IBS which is way more common and not nearly as trendy

YellowLadybird
Informer
Informer

Post by YellowLadybird »

witchpaws wrote:
HaveSomeMilk wrote:the sheer laziness in editing astounds me :|

I remember her doing a video before recommending other youtubers, but never showed any clips or tumbnails, didn't put any captions with their screen name on it, or any links to them. Its not just a bad way of recommending stuff -cause no way am I gonna do all the leg work tracking these people down- but it just makes for bad video content. Someone just listing stuff for 20 minutes is boring. How does she not realize this?

Also I think Lucy is the only person who thought she was celiac, my money has always been one good old IBS which is way more common and not nearly as trendy
Or some level of alcohol intolerance. My sister's boyfriend had to go teetotal and was having really similar symptoms to Lucy before even though he was only a light drinker. The amount she drinks, some negative repercussions wouldn't be surprising. Yes, she doesn't look like a washed-up alcoholic (and I'm not saying she is one) but that nice youthful appearance and figure can hide a whole lot of nasty things going on inside.

crepe991
Learner
Learner

Post by crepe991 »

It's so annoying how she's constantly messing with her hair and putting it behind her ears until it falls to the front, and then she does it again and again. It drives me nuts. I counted, because I was curious, and in a span of 4 minutes, at one point in her new video, she fixed her hair 20 times.
Maybe it's just me, but it really takes me out of the video and just makes me annoyed.

sapphirerain
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sapphirerain »

So, she’s seriously telling us that throughout all of January there’s going to be a new video uploaded every second day!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Let’s see how you go with that, hun.

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrideOfFrankenstein »

According to her Instagram stories she (almost) bought a designer bag?? Second hand, but still. And she just bought an Acne scarf? HOW?? I don't get it anymore, where is all this money coming from? Didn't she at one point this year claim she could barely afford her rent or heating or something like that? She must be a trust fund kid. Or her parents are VERY generous (and imo, crazy, because who gives their child enough money to buy designer bags, even though the child in question barely makes an effort to earn their own money).

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:According to her Instagram stories she (almost) bought a designer bag?? Second hand, but still. And she just bought an Acne scarf? HOW?? I don't get it anymore, where is all this money coming from? Didn't she at one point this year claim she could barely afford her rent or heating or something like that? She must be a trust fund kid. Or her parents are VERY generous (and imo, crazy, because who gives their child enough money to buy designer bags, even though the child in question barely makes an effort to earn their own money).
I honestly don't think Lucy is as bad off as she says she is, and I think a lot of her "I can barely afford rent" comes with the aside "(without taking money out of my savings)". She says it to sound relateable or to have an excuse to talk about how hard it is being an influencer again.

cloudcastles
Learner
Learner

Post by cloudcastles »

See, this is why I hate Moonuary/VEDJ/any of those vlog every day challenge things. What's the point of vlogging your favourite charity shops if you spend about 4 seconds browsing through the racks and don't end up buying anything? This video could've been so much better if she had done it properly, taken the time to look around more and filmed in more places (over more days if needed) so we could actually get something out of it.

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that she wasn't ever intending to buy second-hand clothes for her "capsule wardrobe" in the first place. Charity shopping doesn't exactly fit with the image she has created for herself. But maybe that's just me being cynical.

Bi_ct_h
Learner
Learner

Post by Bi_ct_h »

Who knows, maybe she's planning on reeeeally stretching this content out. Maybe next video will be what she bought, after that we'll get a shitty look book when she puts them into weird outfits with shoes that don't go. Eventually we'll get a so-called capsule wardrobe update. By the time she's finished milking it and done another GRWM with the same makeup look, followed by some BS excuse about being "glutened" to say why she didn't upload one day, moonuary will be half done!

Bi_ct_h
Learner
Learner

Post by Bi_ct_h »

Who knows, maybe she's planning on reeeeally stretching this content out. Maybe next video will be what she bought, after that we'll get a shitty look book when she puts them into weird outfits with shoes that don't go. Eventually we'll get a so-called capsule wardrobe update. By the time she's finished milking it and done another GRWM with the same makeup look, followed by some BS excuse about being "glutened" to say why she didn't upload one day, moonuary will be half done!

cloudcastles
Learner
Learner

Post by cloudcastles »

Bi_ct_h wrote:Who knows, maybe she's planning on reeeeally stretching this content out. Maybe next video will be what she bought, after that we'll get a shitty look book when she puts them into weird outfits with shoes that don't go. Eventually we'll get a so-called capsule wardrobe update. By the time she's finished milking it and done another GRWM with the same makeup look, followed by some BS excuse about being "glutened" to say why she didn't upload one day, moonuary will be half done!
Lmao I definitely wouldn't put it past her to do all of that, but she's replied to someone in the comments that she didn't buy anything.

Bi_ct_h
Learner
Learner

Post by Bi_ct_h »

cloudcastles wrote: Lmao I definitely wouldn't put it past her to do all of that, but she's replied to someone in the comments that she didn't buy anything.
Oh I see, guess I'm booboo the fool!

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

Pointless video.

I thought in early December she put up an insta story saying she was prefilming a bunch for moonuary?

Has she already gone through her pre filmed videos and now we’re back to mad rushed crap filming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I love charity shopping. I treat it like a game: I will hve some things in mind that I specifically need or am looking for, like a 'black going out top' of a 'denim skirt' and I'll do all the charity shops in the vicinity. If I dont manage to find the items I'm looking for you can bet I'll pick up other unexpected items anyway. I go in with a focus but will take my time to browse everything. I can't imagine coming away without anything, they are charity shops after all, so I will buy something useful that is not necessarily something I need, even if it is small change. It'z money to charity. I watch other thrifty videos and the best bit is the haul at the end, imo.

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

emmer_mo wrote:I love charity shopping. I treat it like a game: I will hve some things in mind that I specifically need or am looking for, like a 'black going out top' of a 'denim skirt' and I'll do all the charity shops in the vicinity. If I dont manage to find the items I'm looking for you can bet I'll pick up other unexpected items anyway. I go in with a focus but will take my time to browse everything. I can't imagine coming away without anything, they are charity shops after all, so I will buy something useful that is not necessarily something I need, even if it is small change. It'z money to charity. I watch other thrifty videos and the best bit is the haul at the end, imo.
Same! I love charity shops and I usually end up buying a book or a necklace or something because they're so cheap, but also unique and individual. After watching the video it's quite clear to me that Lucy only went for the aesthetic of racks of jumpers and shirts. When has she ever shown something in a video that she's bought second hand? I was looking forward to the video because I thought it would be a longer one, she could have shown people what charity shops have to offer and opened them up to people who don't usually go to them but instead she just showed shots of herself in the mirror and said "it's nice, I don't know how to describe it, you'll see when I get there". :roll:

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Did anyone see Lucy's stories the other day where she talked about how people SHOULD talk to ~creators~ online? She basically said she got a hurtful message about how bad she was at YouTube and her career, and then she was talking to another creator friend who said those messages bring her down and make her want to stop "creating". Like, okay, I'm sure that would be difficult to read and it would take work to learn how to handle real criticism but not be discouraged from a larger goal based on someone else's opinion, etc., etc.

BUT THEN she goes on to say in this sanctimonious tone, ~guys, THIS is why YouTube has a whole task force dedicated to monitoring the comments (or w/e) to female and LGBTQ creators!~

Lucy... those are mechanisms put in place by social media sites to combat abusive and violent rhetoric that is gender-based or homophobic/transphobic, racist, etc. We're talking about the kind of insidious abuse that does threaten online personalities, more often WoC and especially queer WoC... and yes, of course female creators. But there is no task force out there to wipe out comments that tell you you're just bad at doing YouTube and have no time management skills!!! That is not what that issue is all about!

It reminds me of when she did the 'reading my hate comments' video and said she was inspired by a couple other YTers, who happened to be from more marginalized backgrounds and those comments those YTers read were more often racist or homophobic or fatphobic or whatever. And then there were Lucy's which were just horrible comments like "Are you okay? I thought you weren't drinking alcohol?"

Like if she gets abusive comments (I'm sure she does, as many female creators DO), then call that out. But don't equate the criticism that's always going to be there... because you're creating shit and putting it out there... with the violent or threatening comments that require special intervention.

Return to “Lucy Moon”