i talk too much, sry

BluntyMe
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil part 60: danisnotrebranding & AmazingPhanserv

Post by BluntyMe »

Same!!! We made it to the 60th thread, go us!

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

60 threads is kinda depressing if you think about it, impressive that it's came this far yet depressing that there has been 60 threads worth of things to speak about :rofl: x

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

Disney_Wolf wrote:60 threads is kinda depressing if you think about it, impressive that it's came this far yet depressing that there has been 60 threads worth of things to speak about :rofl: x
i've been here since thread 1....
if it makes you feel any better it's pretty much the same things talked about every thread, so it's almost like it's still part 1
The Internet knows all your secrets

wooyww
Talker
Talker

Post by wooyww »

illegal_mind wrote:
Disney_Wolf wrote:60 threads is kinda depressing if you think about it, impressive that it's came this far yet depressing that there has been 60 threads worth of things to speak about :rofl: x
if it makes you feel any better it's pretty much the same things talked about every thread, so it's almost like it's still part 1
somehow I find that even more depressing
@bastilledan: i need to find some shade and curl up in a ball somewhere

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

I’ve been so bored of their content lately. it’d be great if they tried something new and actually rebranded, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

wooyww wrote:
illegal_mind wrote:
somehow I find that even more depressing
Yeah, I'm not sure if that makes it any better or worse. How have you managed to survive reliving the same debates about Dan and Phil for so long omg x

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

Disney_Wolf wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure if that makes it any better or worse. How have you managed to survive reliving the same debates about Dan and Phil for so long omg x
i often ignore topics because i can't be bothered to be saying it all over again. and also all it used to take was a couple hours for the thread to advance like 10 pages, so i'd skim and skip through a lot of stuff. although i'd still have to pay some attention to it when i became a mod, because i needed to give warnings to people whenever they were going off topic(which was pretty much daily) or if they were breaking any rules

Missimars_
Learner
Learner

Post by Missimars_ »

I’m embarrassed to admit it but I’ve been binging on their Sims videos the past week, I’ve seen them all before but it’s just so easy viewing. However I’ve noticed more and more how a lot of their stuff happens “coincidentally”. I wonder how much they plan ahead - and if they are sponsored though I don’t see it in the descriptions

wooyww
Talker
Talker

Post by wooyww »

Missimars_ wrote:I’m embarrassed to admit it but I’ve been binging on their Sims videos the past week, I’ve seen them all before but it’s just so easy viewing. However I’ve noticed more and more how a lot of their stuff happens “coincidentally”. I wonder how much they plan ahead - and if they are sponsored though I don’t see it in the descriptions
I doubt they’re sponsored, they wouldn’t do it without saying especially since the Oreo thing is made a big deal out of when they are interviewed for traditional media. but they definitely rigged things like the alien baby. They probably reloaded the game over and over without saving until it did the thing, or used a cheat or something. I stopped watching those after the one where they remade the house for dalien because it was getting boring for me. Repetitive? Idk.
I find it really stupid that they have fuckin sims merch though.
@bastilledan: i need to find some shade and curl up in a ball somewhere

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

Missimars_ wrote:I’m embarrassed to admit it but I’ve been binging on their Sims videos the past week, I’ve seen them all before but it’s just so easy viewing. However I’ve noticed more and more how a lot of their stuff happens “coincidentally”. I wonder how much they plan ahead - and if they are sponsored though I don’t see it in the descriptions
it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that they try and script things to happen and then pretend like it just happened like that.
i don't think they'd be able to be sponsored without advertising it. uk youtubers have had plenty of drama with not disclosing sponsors, one of them ended up in court and will have to pay a fine of thousands of pounds for every time he doesn't state a sponsored video is sponsored(talking about tom "syndicate" cassell). so if dan and phil were sponsored by the sims and don't state it in the title, the video, the thumbnail and the description, they could get in legal trouble

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

They definitely worked with EA (or at least got EA's permission) to use Dil/Sims in their book/tatinof and merch but I don't think they are sponsored by EA to play Sims. Especially since they don't have spon or ad anywhere x

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

yeah they wouldn't be able to use the sims for their merch without ea's permission.
years ago joey graceffa used the hunger games as part of his brand and tried making merch that included stuff from it(like the odds in your favor quote) and ended up not being able to sell it and having to change the stuff for obvious reasons. so if dan and phil have sims merch that means ea is allowing them to have it

xoxo_24689
Informer
Informer

Post by xoxo_24689 »

I like the sims series, because like you said it's just easy to watch. It's also nice to actually watch them play more than just one part of something other than golf with friends. But I have to say, it's getting annoying how bad they are at faking coincidences like Dil getting abducted all the time. I'm cool with them setting up stories/things they want to happen, but we're not all dumb enough to think this all happens by accident because OMG THIS COULD ONLY HAPPEN TO DAN AND PHIL. They act like they don't know certain things, like when they pretended that they had no idea that Dil would get pregnant from the abduction... but i just see right through it and it's getting boring now :roll:
i talk too much, sry

BluntyMe
Talker
Talker

Post by BluntyMe »

I stopped watching the Sim Series on episode 29.
Kudos to me for making it that far but honestly....lame and slow.
I much rather have them play Golf with Friends, at least from that one I got a chuckle or two.

BluntyMe
Talker
Talker

Post by BluntyMe »

Side track a little bit, do they have snapchat? Never really got into snapchat and I never saw they saying anything about it but....maybe that's another world I don't know about...

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

BluntyMe wrote:Side track a little bit, do they have snapchat? Never really got into snapchat and I never saw they saying anything about it but....maybe that's another world I don't know about...
Nah they don't and if they did then it definitely isn't public x

BluntyMe
Talker
Talker

Post by BluntyMe »

Disney_Wolf wrote:
BluntyMe wrote:Side track a little bit, do they have snapchat? Never really got into snapchat and I never saw they saying anything about it but....maybe that's another world I don't know about...
Nah they don't and if they did then it definitely isn't public x
I thought that, tho. If they had for sure there would be a Tumblr dedicated to them

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”