Dan & Phil part 60: danisnotrebranding & AmazingPhanservice

urmel
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil part 60: danisnotrebranding & AmazingPhanserv

Post by urmel »

RitaHayworth wrote:update: he's taken down 'i am mexican' (this is the second time he's contradicted something i've posted on this site lmao) and 'i will go down with this ship' (because al*x d*y is in it)

it's kinda hilarious that dan can't do a liveshow without causing a shitstorm
What was the first time?

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (5) mit Tapatalk

onetruetrash

Post by onetruetrash »

RitaHayworth wrote:update: he's taken down 'i am mexican' (this is the second time he's contradicted something i've posted on this site lmao) and 'i will go down with this ship' (because al*x d*y is in it)

it's kinda hilarious that dan can't do a liveshow without causing a shitstorm
Funny how he didn't take down the Alex Day one until he got called out on Twitter. He should've taken down that one down a long time ago.

Also, I didn't see the livestream myself, but what he did sounds ridiculously unprofessional and an especially fucked up thing to do to an 11-year-old who probably feels really shitty if they saw that livestream. Like someone else pointed out, he's supposed to be an ambassador for anti-cyberbullying, but he just mocked a child who idolizes him to his thousands of followers.
pyroclitoral wrote:Anyone feel like New Dan™ is a lot, I don't know... colder and more egotistical? I feel his personality has changed for the worse in the past couple years.
I totally agree with this. Yeah, 2011 Dan was really problematic and all, but he seemed to be generally more pleasant person than 2018 Dan. It's quite sad to see him go so downhill.

elizabethhtaylor
Learner
Learner

Post by elizabethhtaylor »

He literally deleted all my favourite videos of his. I swear to god, I'm so over his 'rebranding'. And the way he handled it was disgusting. You don't just call an 11 year old out like that. Imagine how she must be feeling now lmao. He's so insanely unprofessional, its ridiculous.

taco baco
Debater
Debater

Post by taco baco »

He really deleted the few videos I liked of his. Incredible. What was wrong with AmazingDan 2 or the video where they play Sonic 4? He's getting more annoying with each passing day. :?

taco baco
Debater
Debater

Post by taco baco »

Now with the email thing...what a fucking asshole. I honestly feel like he shames his fans who aren't over 18 or something, because he's ruthless to the young ones. Just explain you don't want certain videos on your channel, why does he insist on being nasty about it? Especially since this girl is apparently ELEVEN. Whether it's a troll or not, he still thought she was eleven and answered the way he did. For a near 27 year old, he really needs to grow up and stop making these literal CHILDREN feel bad.

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

It's bizarre to me that he deleted the Dan the Dinosaur vs Phil the Lion Extinction Race video, obviously due to him finding it embarrassing. Sure, that video was quite cringey but it's weird that he just deleted it without a thought. Kellogg's sponsored it so heavily, I mean he clearly made bank from that video yet because he has "rebranded" that doesn't matter anymore. I guess because he got paid already there is no point keeping the video up.....

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

Okay not excusing him whatsoever (I haven't seen the liveshow but from the sounds of it what he did was an incredibly dick move) but does anyone think that they way he acts sometimes is because of his depression/not being on the tablets anymore (I'll try and explain what I mean it's 5am and I'm tired so it might not make sense)
Like before he went on the antidepressants he used to always handle stuff so negatively and really immaturely. Then during the time he was on the antidepressants he didn't seem to handle things the way he used to (or at least not any examples that I can remember anyway if there is a time please let me know) and now he's back off them he just seems to be... Idk not that great at handling these situations like an actual adult and is going back to the really dickish/immature ways of dealing with his fans.
Does this make sense? Idk, I overanalyse a lot when I'm tired. I like Dan but he has never been the best when it comes to handling anything tbh ps. I'm not saying antidepressants completely change a person or that, I'm just saying that he might have came off them too soon. Not that any of this excuses what he did, I'm just trying to think of possibilities and this is probably reaching but meh :rofl: x

oddoneout
Talker
Talker

Post by oddoneout »

I honestly think that he made that letter up. Just like he always makes up names and questions during his liveshows( so they all end up miracuously being from his 1% male fans who all just happen to be watching his liveshow and spamming Qs!). It's one of the ways he likes to absolve himself of any responsibility for anything he says or does. He wants to talk about something during his LS? Nah, he can't just start a topic, he needs to make up a question to justify it. He wants to unlist half of his videos? He needs to create a villain to make him do it. I wish he would just own up to it and say "You know, I rewatched my videos lately and I don't like them anymore, I'm going to unlist, sorry". Instead he goes and makes up a fake fan who apparently triggered all this. What's even more offensive? He basically admits this way that he doesn't want his merch-buying majority demographic, he, the intellectual, prefers other kinds of fans AND he unlisted a video featuring a rapist after getting dragged on twitter, long after the videos that featured his ~bad hair~.

It's kind of weird that he couldn't just admit a lot of those videos were offensive and that's why he got rid of them. It's actually imprssive how he managed to squeeze in a rape joke into almost every one of them, I'm glad those videos are gone.

TheStubborn
Learner
Learner

Post by TheStubborn »

i'm waiting for the phandom theories about the video he will upload in jun :rofl: :rofl:

rosegoldenkitten
Debater
Debater

Post by rosegoldenkitten »

oddoneout wrote:I honestly think that he made that letter up. Just like he always makes up names and questions during his liveshows( so they all end up miracuously being from his 1% male fans who all just happen to be watching his liveshow and spamming Qs!). It's one of the ways he likes to absolve himself of any responsibility for anything he says or does. He wants to talk about something during his LS? Nah, he can't just start a topic, he needs to make up a question to justify it. He wants to unlist half of his videos? He needs to create a villain to make him do it. I wish he would just own up to it and say "You know, I rewatched my videos lately and I don't like them anymore, I'm going to unlist, sorry". Instead he goes and makes up a fake fan who apparently triggered all this. What's even more offensive? He basically admits this way that he doesn't want his merch-buying majority demographic, he, the intellectual, prefers other kinds of fans AND he unlisted a video featuring a rapist after getting dragged on twitter, long after the videos that featured his ~bad hair~.

It's kind of weird that he couldn't just admit a lot of those videos were offensive and that's why he got rid of them. It's actually imprssive how he managed to squeeze in a rape joke into almost every one of them, I'm glad those videos are gone.

Honestly, a theory I could very easily believe.

Woah what happened with Alex Day??

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker

Post by pyroclitoral »

Why is Dan so insecure about having the majority of his audience female? Especially for someone apparently all about feminism and equal rights...

Post by Guest »

I also doubt that the email is real because why would someone talk to Dan about his 7+ year old videos instead of his recent ones? And also it sounded like every possible cliche that you could find about Dan packed into one email, that's just not realistic.
I mean when I started watching his and Phil's videos I also watched the older ones and noticed that they were much more offensive, but why would I think his personality didn't change at all in those years?

He's made it pretty clear that he's embarrassed by the old videos, he could've just said that they were too offensive and he didn't need to make most of the live show about it.

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

rosegoldenkitten wrote:]

Woah what happened with Alex Day??
Alex Day turned out to be a Grade A shitbag manipulating abuser.
Masterpost: http://erikalynae.tumblr.com/post/79384 ... ve-post-of

Always thought he was a bastard, never knew just how big of an actual scumbag he was until that broke.

Triple_Axel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Triple_Axel »

I don't really know if it's about his mental health or not as stated above because these things are complex and affect people very differently. I'm not even going to justify his actions at all because he's a grown man who has been in the spotlight for a few years now, so even if he's clearly inside his head a lot, he should know and act better, especially for a person who has a certain influence. I'm glad some people here call him out on his bullshit.

The email sounded scripted to me, especially how he stated it was by an 11 year old girl and heavily insisted it was real. If it wasn't fake, then it was a low blow to read it anyway. There's no justifying that. I also often get the impression he makes questions up during live shows instead of just being upfront. Just like he can't be upfront about unlisting/deleting a whole list of videos.

It's a shame his recent liveshows have just been him trying to show just cause for his actions (only to do more damage), when they could easily be a place to relax, catchup and chat without an agenda, kind of the way Phil does it in actual fact.

cheeringphil
Informer
Informer

Post by cheeringphil »

damn, he deleted all of the truth and dare? i loved those series. i noticed he also deleted dan vs phil and amazing why. i wonder why hmmmmm. jk not really, maybe he wanted a little bit more separation from phil? or maybe gping down to the 2012 era?
su'udzon at its finest

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

cheeringphil wrote:damn, he deleted all of the truth and dare? i loved those series. i noticed he also deleted dan vs phil and amazing why. i wonder why hmmmmm. jk not really, maybe he wanted a little bit more separation from phil? or maybe gping down to the 2012 era?
It's got a whiff of 2012 about it, the way he is trying to stealth his way through deleting far more than 9 (or 6 :P) videos.

Apparently they're too "tacky" to fit in with his new cerebral & incredibly highbrow content. Or should I say: art. Ugh.Image

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

The "I don't want people to think I'm still like this in 2018" excuse is such bullshit. Nobody will think you are the same way as you were 7 years ago, Dan! People are not idiots.

Also he should look back at his older videos and see why people used to love him so much..I think his 2018 "persona" is just as cringe, if not worse. At least his older videos were fun and creative, and wort watching.

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

larrie wrote:The "I don't want people to think I'm still like this in 2018" excuse is such bullshit. Nobody will think you are the same way as you were 7 years ago, Dan! People are not idiots.
Exactly. And kids will be kids, if that email was genuine there's nothing he can do about it - it's not like he has any control over how his current videos are received and interpreted, as seen in "Living My Truth" (if we believe his "I didn't realise people would think I was talking about dicks" excuse). The same kids will watch his other stuff and still get into them any person that age would. No deleting of old videos will change that.

cheeringphil
Informer
Informer

Post by cheeringphil »

larrie wrote:The "I don't want people to think I'm still like this in 2018" excuse is such bullshit. Nobody will think you are the same way as you were 7 years ago, Dan! People are not idiots.

Also he should look back at his older videos and see why people used to love him so much..I think his 2018 "persona" is just as cringe, if not worse. At least his older videos were fun and creative, and wort watching.
YES! the thing is, even the most creative person in youtube has tacky/cringey content back in 2011. And if you want people to not think that youve change, swap out that shit wardrobe and attitude, even ditch phil if you dare. You have not change at all, dan, not a bit.
su'udzon at its finest

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

I asked this a while back but why do they barely upload? Especially Dan who sometimes uploads/uploaded (haven't checked recently) once a month? I can't imagine all their fans stalk them on Twitter/YouNow as much as they would on YouTube.

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”