Dan & Phil part 60: danisnotrebranding & AmazingPhanservice

Cheeseandpickles
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil part 60: danisnotrebranding & AmazingPhanserv

Post by Cheeseandpickles »

larrie wrote:Dan's constant screeching, condescending attitude and negativity is exhausting. I wonder how Phil puts up with it 24/7. I got annoyed just by watching a 10 minute video.
Yet in You Now shows Dan says Phil judges him for not liking the same TV shows as him and make him feel like a bad friend. Yet they don't have to spend so much time together nobody is making them it's not like they're daily vloggers.

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

Dan just threw an 11 year-old under the bus for liking his old branding/videos on younow... He's unlisted old videos because of it.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (5) mit Tapatalk

Cheeseandpickles
Informer
Informer

Remember Dan is the voice of not bullying online. :roll:

Rhaenys
Debater
Debater

Post by Rhaenys »

urmel wrote:Dan just threw an 11 year-old under the bus for liking his old branding/videos on younow... He's unlisted old videos because of it.

Wait what?? i'm not planning on watching his livestream so like did he make fun of her or?

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

He read out an email she sent and then went on a rant about how he doesn't want risk people taking his old videos seriously etc - it was just very condescending to this girl who will probably watch her idol read out her email. Should be right at the beginning of the stream, it's on YouTube. It's his first talking point pretty much.

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

Like, sure the email was cringe, but for god's sake, the kid is eleven, it was really unnecessary.

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

urmel wrote:Like, sure the email was cringe, but for god's sake, the kid is eleven, it was really unnecessary.

Unless of course that person was just a troll. In which case unlisting videos is idiotic. I mean, it is anyway. Wtf does he think he's doing anyway, how is that improving his image in any way.

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

I went through to try and see what videos have been deleted and so far all I can see is that one of the amazingDan videos is gone, there used to be 2 of them I'm sure x

Cheeseandpickles
Informer
Informer

Going on about how he was an idiot and then became the intellectual he is today. He's a grown man who often doesn't get treated like a grown man by his fan base so why not have a go at a kid. I turned off his live stream after that.

Triple_Axel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Triple_Axel »

I do believe him when he says he isn't deleting out of pure embarrassment but he doesn't want people to think it's what he's about in 2018. But the way he went about it is so gross. Besides, he just briefly discussed it for a few minutes and moved on to talking about his fursona.

It was so tactless to read an actual email out loud for everyone. Now I don't know if that email was genuine or if it was someone being purely sarcastic, but he did take it seriously and still read it out loud when he could have easily paraphrased. He also kept making it a point not to live in the past but be part of 2018 and I'm certain he offended some people along the way. The worst thing was the fact he simply justified it as the internet humour being bad back in 2011, instead of properly acknowledging his actions. It made me think of what was being discussed in this topic a while ago.

RitaHayworth
Learner
Learner

Post by RitaHayworth »

Creds to an IDB user for some of this list - they missed a few, which I have added. I also added whether they've been Unlisted or Deleted.

Videos Dan unlisted/deleted:
How to use a Gimp (2009) [D]
A Day In The Life Of A Superhero (2010) [D]
Truth or Dare (2010)
Dan vs. Phil (2010)
Stupid Air Fresheners (2010) [D]
Dan and Phil play Sonic 4 (2010) [D]
I NEARLY DIED. (not) (2010) 
AmazingDan 2 (2010) [D]
LET’S GET PHYSICAL (2011) [D]
How To Make British Pancakes (2011)
Would You Rather…? (2011) [D] 
http://www.sexyllamas.com (2011)
SPIRAL OF LIES (2011) 
HOT BOYS on Teen Cribz (2011)
Truth or Dare 3 (2011) [D]
Inappropriate Winking (2011)
OMG WTF ASDFGHJKL (2011)
OMG UR soo POSH L0L!!1! (2011)
Oli Sykes - Would You Rather (2012) [D]
LEFT HANDEDISM (2012) [U]
How To Speak Northern (2012) [D]
Truth or Dare 4 (2012) [D]
Truth or Dare 5 (2013) [D]
Dan the Dinosaur (2013) [D]
Dan the Dinosaur vs Phil the Lion - THE EXTINCTION RACE (2014) [D]

Recently, he's also deleted Stalker Prank Call (2010), Truth or Dare 2 (2010), University Life (2010 - unlisted then privated), all three of his Dan Mail videos (2011 - privated), Narcoleptic Laptop (2012 - unlisted then privated), and Men vs Women (2012 - unlisted, privated). Yeah, so way more than the 9 he said.
Last edited by RitaHayworth on Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

artemisgf
Lurker
Lurker

Post by artemisgf »

oddoneout wrote:
ytfanxo wrote:Do people on this thread still think D&P are together? I don't post here much anymore and one of the reasons why was the insistence that they were dating, in which they're clearly not. Don't want to upset anyone, just asking.

I'm however annoyed that they still keep it "ambiguous" and the latest trend among their fans to call anyone who doesn't believe they're dating "homophobic". :roll:
I would argue that fetishizing a homosexual relationship is more homophobic than saying 'hey maybe they're not y'all are reaching." But hey, what do I know. :roll:

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker

Post by pyroclitoral »

Anyone feel like New Dan™ is a lot, I don't know... colder and more egotistical? I feel his personality has changed for the worse in the past couple years.

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker

Post by pyroclitoral »

RitaHayworth wrote:Creds to an IDB user for some of this list - they missed a few, which I have added. I also added whether they've been Unlisted or Deleted.

Videos Dan unlisted/deleted:
How to use a Gimp (2009) [D]
A Day In The Life Of A Superhero (2010) [D]
Truth or Dare (2010)
Dan vs. Phil (2010)
Stupid Air Fresheners (2010) [D]
Dan and Phil play Sonic 4 (2010) [D]
I NEARLY DIED. (not) (2010)
AmazingDan 2 (2010) [D]
LET’S GET PHYSICAL (2011) [D]
How To Make British Pancakes (2011)
Would You Rather…? (2011) [D]
<a class="vglnk" href="http://www.sexyllamas.com" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>sexyllamas</span><span>.</span><span>com</span></a> (2011)
SPIRAL OF LIES (2011)
HOT BOYS on Teen Cribz (2011)
Truth or Dare 3 (2011) [D]
Inappropriate Winking (2011)
OMG WTF ASDFGHJKL (2011)
OMG UR soo POSH L0L!!1! (2011)
Oli Sykes - Would You Rather (2012) [D]
LEFT HANDEDISM (2012) [U]
How To Speak Northern (2012) [D]
Truth or Dare 4 (2012) [D]
Truth or Dare 5 (2013) [D]
Dan the Dinosaur (2013) [D]
Dan the Dinosaur vs Phil the Lion - THE EXTINCTION RACE (2014) [D]

Recently, he's also deleted Stalker Prank Call (2010), Truth or Dare 2 (2010), University Life (2010 - unlisted then privated), all three of his Dan Mail videos (2011 - privated), Narcoleptic Laptop (2012 - unlisted then privated), and Men vs Women (2012 - unlisted, privated). Yeah, so way more than the 9 he said.

So basically all the good videos. Brilliant.

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

His new stuff that he's proud of now will eventually become his old stuff that he'll find cringe, it's a never-ending cycle of purging. Ridiculous. Why can't he just enjoy the ad revenue and let us have the videos.
Some of the ones he got rid off were shit (gimp, olli Sykes), but they weren't hurting anybody just sitting there.

RitaHayworth
Learner
Learner

Post by RitaHayworth »

don't understand why he took down the manchester apartment tour video but his 'i am mexican' video is still available... i mean sure, it's unlisted, but if he deleted old videos because of the problematic humour, surely his colour-correcting it and his 'ethiopian orphan' comment qualify for its deletion?

it's almost like he has more of an issue with his being associated with things he finds passé now like lol random humour about placenta and delia smith than his actually offensive content...

Triple_Axel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Triple_Axel »

I don't know why he said he's deleted 9 videos, and a few minutes later he even said 6....when clearly it's much more. Even without the list, those of us who have been around for a while can easily tell. While some of the content is now considered as "problematic ™", at best, the rest of it was just mindless entertainment from what I remember. I really wish he could be more transparent...It could have been good that he even acknowledged the unlisting of some videos, but why not just come out and say the truth?! Maybe he is trying too hard to be viewed as this intellectual human being presently, I don't even know.

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

RitaHayworth wrote:
it's almost like he has more of an issue with his being associated with things he finds passé now like lol random humour about placenta and delia smith than his actually offensive content...
I mean that's up to him what he finds so bad he doesn't want it connected to his person. Since I can't help laughing about death I enjoy videos like That Charity Advert etc.

RitaHayworth
Learner
Learner

Post by RitaHayworth »

update: he's taken down 'i am mexican' (this is the second time he's contradicted something i've posted on this site lmao) and 'i will go down with this ship' (because al*x d*y is in it)

it's kinda hilarious that dan can't do a liveshow without causing a shitstorm

QueenParis
Debater
Debater

Post by QueenParis »

RitaHayworth wrote:don't understand why he took down the manchester apartment tour video but his 'i am mexican' video is still available... i mean sure, it's unlisted, but if he deleted old videos because of the problematic humour, surely his colour-correcting it and his 'ethiopian orphan' comment qualify for its deletion?

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head, He doesn’t want to be associated with things he now feels embarrassing or cringey, I would also say he wants the fanbase to move on from those things as well.

So with him deleting or unlisting those older videos any new young fans that come, They will like what he does (however little) and who he is now and also talk about current stuff rather then talking about old humour and stuff.

The thing is, old meme/jokes/information with never die because new young fans come all the time and because this Information is brand new to them it will continually be bought up and discussed, Youd think he would realise this as most of his pre YouTube and early YouTube shit is still being passed around like his nearly nude pics.

Irl, Dan probably has a very typically “problematic” sense of humour, I would say he is usually pretty good at seperating and blending a little of his online humour and irl humour, But it slips through and doesn’t view things through the lense of his internet humour which would find stuff like that vid to be bad/offensive.

But usually the internet lets him know what they believe should or shouldn’t be online, Even more when you have fans like the phandom.
David Cage is awful, Connor is forever best boy :love2:

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”