I have no words other than “yikes”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sceptres
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Jelly Starch (Jeffree Star Part 7)

Post by sceptres »

He looks like a white trash ghetto prostitute. A look
And yeah I'm sure some drama is staged but most are real, don't underestimate the bitchiness of the beauty community

sceptres
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sceptres »

MEHHHHHH. I was SO excited for the Thirsty palette but like I said in a previous comment, it's a bunch of similar shades and lots of unwearable shades (to me). The first row is very similar to the Blood Sugar shades. All red based, who needs that many reds AGAIN? The shimmers are interesting but I almost never wear shimmers. And the bottom row? Why do we need two VERY similar shades of light blue? What? Who needs that? And the yellow? Unwearable. This palette is a flop. What do you guys think?

mrs_bang7
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mrs_bang7 »

Don't judge me but I actually really like it. It has a nice summer vibe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I like that it's making Manny's palette look like trash :rofl:

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

sceptres wrote:MEHHHHHH. I was SO excited for the Thirsty palette but like I said in a previous comment, it's a bunch of similar shades and lots of unwearable shades (to me). The first row is very similar to the Blood Sugar shades. All red based, who needs that many reds AGAIN? The shimmers are interesting but I almost never wear shimmers. And the bottom row? Why do we need two VERY similar shades of light blue? What? Who needs that? And the yellow? Unwearable. This palette is a flop. What do you guys think?

For some reason the first thing I thought of was the Natasha Denona Tropic Palette. They're super different, but idk, my mind immediately went there. Maybe because they have the same number of rows and shades in each row. And the shades are similarly-shaped and sized squares. Some of these shades do actually look like the ones in the Tropic palette, but enough are different so that it's not really a copy either.

mm621
Debater
Debater

Jelly Starch (Jeffree Star Part 7)

Post by mm621 »

Okay, I’ll admit it. I think that palette is really pretty. I like the shimmer shades!

Too bad I stopped buying his makeup awhile ago after realizing how problematic he is....

Slackerbitch
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Slackerbitch »

This palette reminds mr of a Kylie one, can't remember which as I don't care for her brand. anyway not impressed at all.

Bitch Features
Debater
Debater

Post by Bitch Features »

Oh ffs, kumquat? He really couldn’t help himself, could he?
sorry for any mistakes. English IS my first language, I just type like an idiot.

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Green Eyed Gemini »

Bitch Features wrote:Oh ffs, kumquat? He really couldn’t help himself, could he?
Lol he calls it edgy but we all know it’s just tacky. Image

sceptres
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sceptres »

OkyanusGozler wrote:I like that it's making Manny's palette look like trash :rofl:
To be fair anything is better than that cringy palette

BKiddo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BKiddo »

The shimmers are pretty, but they're all shades that have already been done by bigger and better brands and the rest of the colors are meh. And who is their right mind puts those two light blue colors in the same palette, side by side no less? The shade is unwearable to begin with, and you put TWO of it? I mean one of them looks slightly greener than the other, but on the eyes they'll look virtually the same. It's just a waste of money.
I just really, really hate bullshit.

sceptres
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sceptres »

BKiddo wrote:The shimmers are pretty, but they're all shades that have already been done by bigger and better brands and the rest of the colors are meh. And who is their right mind puts those two light blue colors in the same palette, side by side no less? The shade is unwearable to begin with, and you put TWO of it? I mean one of them looks slightly greener than the other, but on the eyes they'll look virtually the same. It's just a waste of money.
He always does that. on Androgyny Poison and Swallow are basically the same.

And Blood Sugar has the same red shade repeated a thousand times with slight differences. Sugarcane and Cakemix are basically the same as well. Extraction and Comma are basically the same. Intravenous and Fresh Meat etc etc. This is why I never bought a palette from him before.

mm621
Debater
Debater

Post by mm621 »

Slackerbitch wrote:This palette reminds mr of a Kylie one, can't remember which as I don't care for her brand. anyway not impressed at all.
You know what? Now that I look at it, you're right! It kind of looks like the vacation palette that she came out with sometime last year. It has the same vibe.

MissTerious
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MissTerious »

I'm not a fan of JS but he has a right to be upset. The info is "meh" because everyone already knew it anyway, but a private conversation being leaked is her fault.

She said she doesn't know how the screenshots went around because she only sent them to her best friend... ummmm YOU SENT THEM TO YOUR BEST FRIEND. That's how they got out you idiot!

If she "valued" the connection they had, looked up to him 1) she shouldn't be screenshotting private conversations and sending them to someone else (even your "best friend") or mentioning the frienemy of the person she idolises on social media on that account. I guess its a fan account, but she is also representing him too. I'm surprised JS didn't get the account pulled because OF COURSE people may think it's him. Duh.

So, she acts so sad and shocked? Really? Honestly what did you expect to happen? That JS would love it? That's just stupidity right there, and she deserves the things he said to her.
mrs_bang7 wrote:I'm wondering what this is about... is shit about to hit the fan for him yet again?!?!Image

_N_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by _N_ »

Slackerbitch wrote:This palette reminds mr of a Kylie one, can't remember which as I don't care for her brand. anyway not impressed at all.
reminds me of kylie's vacation palette

fantasy
Debater
Debater

Post by fantasy »

I think the palette is ok and much better than his other ones, it has a nice summer vibe to it and I'm a sucker for the orange packaging everything in the summer collection comes in lol. The lipsticks were kinda meh for me, I feel like he always does the same colors over and over again, just with slight variations. I wish he's come out with new products completely, it's always the same items in every collection: liquid lipsticks, lip scrubs... I'm over it. It would be cool to see him branch out and create other products like lip glosses and blushes, for example. I mean, I wouldn't buy his products anyway, but I'm just tired of seeing the same shit from him over and over again

Hamil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hamil »

Urgh, apparently everyone on BGC over on reddit is stanning the hell out of him now! I skimmed the thread and anyone who said anything negative about the palette (even if they just said they weren't picking it up!!) was downvoted. I didn't realize it had become such a hivemind over there.

I think the whole collection is pretty boring, and it has been done before. Good to hear he has apparently changed the formula tho, idk if true, didn't watch the video. But I have his first palette and it's utter garbage.

GuruTea
Informer
Informer

Post by GuruTea »

karina kabooms video today....

does jeffree pay her? shes always defending him

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

BKiddo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BKiddo »

GuruTea wrote:karina kabooms video today....

does jeffree pay her? shes always defending him

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
I doubt he gives a flying fuck about her... she just really, really hates Manny.
I just really, really hate bullshit.

Return to “Jeffree Star”