Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JuicyStar07 General Thread Part 7

Post by catmeowkun »

starviolet wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:49 pm
It’s clear her father has helped her invest her money properly and that she is financially stable, and will be for a long time. Their properties are just a part of that. She probably wants to downplay how much she has, too.
She's always done this in all fairness though, remember when she got a BMW at 16 and said it's 'just like a little black car lol' or something? She's always been well off but was secretive of how much money she made in her heyday in order to seem more 'relatable' among other things. Even though investigators on GG were able to find her details pretty easily the average teen viewer back in the day probably would think she was just like them, she owned a lot of mac and a few nicer midrange handbags but mostly wore fast fashion like everyone else her age.

In the last few years she's been more open about her lifestyle showing her expensive cars, handbags etc. in videos, but even still it wasn't the main focus of her content rather than beauty videos/vlogs. I think it was smart of her, she obviously got really good guidance from her family in regards to what to show online, what to invest etc. compared to several other new money YTers. Say what you want about Blair being dumb but she at least has a good head on her shoulders in regards to money. There's no way that she's ever gonna not have a steady stream of income and even if her investments do run dry she'll have gotten a job or found a husband and settled down without need to work by then.

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

catmeowkun wrote:
starviolet wrote:
It’s clear her father has helped her invest her money properly and that she is financially stable, and will be for a long time. Their properties are just a part of that. She probably wants to downplay how much she has, too.
She's always done this in all fairness though, remember when she got a BMW at 16 and said it's 'just like a little black car lol' or something? She's always been well off but was secretive of how much money she made in her heyday in order to seem more 'relatable' among other things. Even though investigators on GG were able to find her details pretty easily the average teen viewer back in the day probably would think she was just like them, she owned a lot of mac and a few nicer midrange handbags but mostly wore fast fashion like everyone else her age.

In the last few years she's been more open about her lifestyle showing her expensive cars, handbags etc. in videos, but even still it wasn't the main focus of her content rather than beauty videos/vlogs. I think it was smart of her, she obviously got really good guidance from her family in regards to what to show online, what to invest etc. compared to several other new money YTers. Say what you want about Blair being dumb but she at least has a good head on her shoulders in regards to money. There's no way that she's ever gonna not have a steady stream of income and even if her investments do run dry she'll have gotten a job or found a husband and settled down without need to work by then.

And we have to remember she’s still making money from YT with her old videos. Her videos are still getting about a quarter of a million views a month. She’s definitely not making what she was in her hay day but she’s still making a good income from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chloecclaire
Learner
Learner

Post by chloecclaire »

Snookerddle wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:30 am
catmeowkun wrote:
starviolet wrote:

And we have to remember she’s still making money from YT with her old videos. Her videos are still getting about a quarter of a million views a month. She’s definitely not making what she was in her hay day but she’s still making a good income from that.

I remember a yter saying that socialblade is a range of way too little to way overshot, so even on the max, she's getting at most & 15k/year from YouTube. I don't doubt that she's been mostly living off of her savings, I'd guess she still has around 1 million in the bank but going to college will cost her $500k all in (100k for school, 100k a year for living expenses) which is a lot but her life was just completely thrown upside down when she broke up with her boyfriend. I am really proud/impressed with her and think it will be a great choice for her in the long run and challenge her again. She probably will meet a guy at college since she's pretty + charismatic and get all the things she wants in the end (marriage + kids) but she will hopefully stop pinning all her hopes/dreams on that one part of her life and find something else to give her meaning.

hatorade
Informer
Informer

Post by hatorade »

Couple things:

1) Her nest egg is WAY BIGGER than just enough for downpayment on a house and future kids or JUST enough to pay for her 4 years of tuition and living expenses. She does not have to get the 1bed/1bath lol - she DEFINITELY has MORE than that. She has got to be well into the millions with her nest egg and set for the rest of her life, all the way through retirement. My husband and I saved for a big downpayment on a house after just 1 year of regular Joe Schmoe jobs plus we have college funds for 3 kids - she makes/made INFINITELY more than we do, just judging by the price on those condos and her cars/LA life/designer goods/private helicopter to New York and whatever/etc. She has way more money saved up than she is showing. I don't really get the 1bed/1bath BS lol but well whatever I guess it is good she is being frugal.

2.) The expensive private Christian college is probably because she (whether subconsciously or not) wants to be surrounded by other people who can afford private college/has Christian values i.e. because deep down inside she is still husband hunting. Where better to meet someone with the $$$ and values to start your dream family with? This is not an "investment" for a future job - she does not care about getting the best "bang for your buck" with education. SHE HAS ENOUGH MONEY! College is just another attempt to succeed at her lifelong dream of SAHM-ness, which is FINE, just don't pretend it isn't what it is. Maybe she needs to be more upfront about those desires with people she dates? I mean there are plenty of men who would like to have a wife like her and support the SAHM values and her sweet family, but you're not going to find them if you're pretending you're going to be a career woman. Just be honest girl.

With all that said, I like Blair, always have, I just think she needs to continue to be honest with herself. And others. Video was a good start.

QueenE
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by QueenE »

About her new living situation....sorry if I'm going to say something stupid but I'm not familiar with private US colleges.
Maybe she is staying in some apartment provided for students? Like in campus sort or thing?
I don't believe for a sec she could afford a big house in Cali and not even a two bedroom in Nashville, but who knows.

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

QueenE wrote:About her new living situation....sorry if I'm going to say something stupid but I'm not familiar with private US colleges.
Maybe she is staying in some apartment provided for students? Like in campus sort or thing?
I don't believe for a sec she could afford a big house in Cali and not even a two bedroom in Nashville, but who knows.
Not likely. Dorms are usually meant for younger students. 18-23.

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

hatorade wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:21 pm
2.) The expensive private Christian college is probably because she (whether subconsciously or not) wants to be surrounded by other people who can afford private college/has Christian values i.e. because deep down inside she is still husband hunting. Where better to meet someone with the $$$ and values to start your dream family with? This is not an "investment" for a future job - she does not care about getting the best "bang for your buck" with education. SHE HAS ENOUGH MONEY! College is just another attempt to succeed at her lifelong dream of SAHM-ness, which is FINE, just don't pretend it isn't what it is. Maybe she needs to be more upfront about those desires with people she dates? I mean there are plenty of men who would like to have a wife like her and support the SAHM values and her sweet family, but you're not going to find them if you're pretending you're going to be a career woman. Just be honest girl.

With all that said, I like Blair, always have, I just think she needs to continue to be honest with herself. And others. Video was a good start.
Good for her going to college, but I'm sure she's going for that MRS degree. I don't think Blair wants to be a career woman and I agree she's probably husband hunting. I hope she finds the man of her dreams and has the family she's always wanted (and I'm sure she will), but I hope she finds a way to be fufilled and happy in case that doesn't happen for her too. Someone said she'd be a cute kindergarten teacher and I agree. I don't think she would do well with preteen/teenage kids though.
BOO

Grindr Hookup
Talker
Talker

Post by Grindr Hookup »

Gurugossiping wrote: Did Blair ever even say she was the one paying for her education? Personally, I'd expect that her parents would pay because they payed for Elle and Jelly's. Yes, Blair is an adult but I'm sure they agreed that whenever she chose to go back, they'd fund it. It'd just be fair if they payed for the other girls.

Idk, either way I think it's amazing she's doing back and whether she's paying for it or not, it's clear she can afford it lol
This is a great point, and valid. I bet her parents have college funds for each of them, and Blair attending college was always a possibility.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

Blair is definitely set for life. I have family members who have wealth accumulation and have lived for years off of only the returns on careful investments of their money, and their original amount of money is probably less than you'd think, like under $10 million. There is no way Blair's family wouldn't make sure she was set for life or...I don't want to say allow, but encourage, I suppose...her to spend the vast majority of her money with no backup after it runs out in four years.

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

Grindr Hookup wrote:
Gurugossiping wrote: Did Blair ever even say she was the one paying for her education? Personally, I'd expect that her parents would pay because they payed for Elle and Jelly's. Yes, Blair is an adult but I'm sure they agreed that whenever she chose to go back, they'd fund it. It'd just be fair if they payed for the other girls.

Idk, either way I think it's amazing she's doing back and whether she's paying for it or not, it's clear she can afford it lol
This is a great point, and valid. I bet her parents have college funds for each of them, and Blair attending college was always a possibility.
She said she’s paying for it herself, but yeah I’m sure part of the reason she’s downsizing to a one bedroom is because she doesn’t want to unnecessarily spend even more money in addition to her tuition, which is smart. It’s possible her parents maybe added to her savings with the money they put away for her schooling, or invested it early, or maybe she just said no thanks use it for something else. Who knows.

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

She made it pretty clear she's not going to college for any career prospects, she's going to 'find herself' and hopefully something she's passionate about because she isn't passionate about anything and spent the last few years waiting around for a ring and a bump and doesn't know who she is. She still wants that SAHM lifestyle rather than being a 'career woman' which there is no shame in but she probably wants to fill her time and hopefully find something that she truly cares about. Elle has her planner business, Jelly has her horses, what does Blair have? I guess college is her way to find that something. Sounds like her mom is the one who encouraged her to go in the first place? I doubt her parents are paying for it but they probably did help her invest what would've been her college fund when she was 18 and decided not to go straight out of HS.

She's probably only living in the 1bed apartment because she wants to not be so distracted at school too, instead of moving and redecorating every five minutes just to feel something like she usually does. She's 25 or 26 so I'm sure she has all of the partying and stuff out of her system, so she's just going to college to find something she's passionate about, study hard while she's there and hopefully meet a guy who has similar future plans and values as her (hence the Christian college, maybe she wants to get more into her faith too.) If she gets more career oriented out of this experience then good for her, but I think it's not her priority since she's absolutely set for life and spoke about how she already feels like she's lived a life/had a career really young.

I don't think she's going to college for the sole purpose of husband hunting but she's always been family oriented, wants to be close to Elle's family in Nashville and within driving distance to her parents and she's never said having some big career is what she wants. She made it pretty clear that she still desires marriage and kids more than anything else, but she wants to go to college to find something to do besides just wait for a guy. That doesn't have to be some huge career, she's made her money. Hell, even if college helps her find a hobby it'll do her wonders since she's really been doing nothing for so long.

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

Good for her for going to school. You don't have to have a career goal to go to college, I didn't and my also 30k a year degree has nothing at all to do with what I really do. But I don't regret it and am glad I did it. College made me a more critically thinking person and expanded many horizons and that is worth more than "using my degree". I also went to school because I had no direction and it was a better option than staying home and working minimum wage.

Religious affiliated universities don't really mean anything more than what they were founded on. Unless maybe you're going for a theology degree. There are some flat out religious universities which sometimes have non-recognized degrees that are approved for culty religious people to send their kids to but this is not that. Blair has mentioned being Christian before but other than the bible study has never said much about it. I don't think she's hardcore christian but maybe did youth groups or clubs for the social factor.

I don't think it was necessary to bring up the money part, it seemed a bit snarky/tacky with the I'M NOT POOR comment. She could just have said she has savings and was not planning to work during college. I think its funny people called her poor because its always been obvious she's not. And even if she couldn't support herself It doesn't seem like her parents are the type to financially cut off their kids and wouldn't help her. The one bedroom apartment is interesting. Maybe she is just doing that to live close to school or to not be distracted with a big space to deal with and obsessively redecorate every month

About her having therapy, I thought she outright admitted it in a video or story at some point. I can't pinpoint where but I swear I remember her saying she was talking to a therapist to deal with her issues like her OCD. I was glad to hear her open up about depression and how it isn't what everyone thinks where you just lay in bed and cry all the time. It was good to hear her admit a lot of things that people speculated, like that she was banking on being a SAHM, the breakup with Jacob was bad, she feels lost and has no direction, etc.

Overall, a good video and I liked her openness.

sgirl1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sgirl1 »

I think it's great that she's going back to school and she's lucky to be financially stable enough to be able to do it.

Sounded like Jacob was the one who dumped her over the phone and it must have been really heartbreaking for someone whom you thought you were going to spend the rest of your life with to do that to you.

What I don't get is why she felt like she needed to give up her career to be a SAHM even before she and Jacob were married. She started posting less and less on Youtube years ago and she's saying that it was because she was preparing to be a SAHM? It's pretty insane, why couldnt she still work on her career until she was married/pregnant? Who gives up working because they think they're going to get married?!

Rockcandy5150
Debater
Debater

Post by Rockcandy5150 »

Idk how much faith I have in her as a college student. Girl couldn’t even commit to like vlogmas and stuff like that. College can be hard, and very hard for someone who doesn’t have the work ethic for it. Guess we shall see!

hahahaok
Learner
Learner

Post by hahahaok »

i doubt Blair is going to college (a huge investment no matter how much money you have) to purely husband hunt. Seeing as shes older, and barely finished high school or whatever, Belmont U was probably an option as it hsa an 80% acceptance rate. Obviously shes not aiming high in the ivys, considering she doesn't have much to put in a college application (not including her literal youtube career)

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

hahahaok wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:56 pm
i doubt Blair is going to college (a huge investment no matter how much money you have) to purely husband hunt. Seeing as shes older, and barely finished high school or whatever, Belmont U was probably an option as it hsa an 80% acceptance rate. Obviously shes not aiming high in the ivys, considering she doesn't have much to put in a college application (not including her literal youtube career)
Exactly, and it's going to be next to impossible to husband hunt since she is an undergrad and will be surrounded by 18-22 year old college kids. Unless she is suddenly into younger men (which I doubt since she's lived like a 40 year old since she was 17, and favors slightly older men) or tries to get with a prof there, husband hunting would be a useless effort. I actually thought she sounded serious about going to study and actually make a new career path and passion in life. Hopefully she finishes and finds a new life she is excited for.

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

123xyz wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:25 am
hahahaok wrote:
Exactly, and it's going to be next to impossible to husband hunt since she is an undergrad and will be surrounded by 18-22 year old college kids. Unless she is suddenly into younger men (which I doubt since she's lived like a 40 year old since she was 17, and favors slightly older men) or tries to get with a prof there, husband hunting would be a useless effort. I actually thought she sounded serious about going to study and actually make a new career path and passion in life. Hopefully she finishes and finds a new life she is excited for.
There are graduate programs at Belmont, including a law school and an MBA program, so there will be guys around her age on campus. But yeah, she will be definitely mostly be around very young people. I imagine she'll be required to take some kind of first year writing class* and a selection gen ed stuff, which would be almost entirely 18-20 year olds, with a few nontraditional students like her in the mix. If she's trying to find a dude, she'll have to look beyond her classmates. (Now I'm imagining Blair prowling law school mixers—I sure hope that's not her plan.)

*As an aside, I taught freshman writing while I was in grad school. I know those classes don't have the best reputation (they can be boring af, for both teacher and students), but they do teach essential skills for college and professional life—research, composition, structure, rhetoric, etc.—assuming the curriculum is solid. Blair is decent at laying out her thoughts in a cohesive way (even if she isn't always eloquent), and she has developed a good sense of narrative from making vlogs and telling stories on camera. I think there's a decent chance she'll do well in college if she can hone those skills and learn to apply them to coursework.
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

thatsranunculus wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:53 am
123xyz wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:25 am
hahahaok wrote:
There are graduate programs at Belmont, including a law school and an MBA program, so there will be guys around her age on campus. But yeah, she will be definitely mostly be around very young people. I imagine she'll be required to take some kind of first year writing class* and a selection gen ed stuff, which would be almost entirely 18-20 year olds, with a few nontraditional students like her in the mix. If she's trying to find a dude, she'll have to look beyond her classmates. (Now I'm imagining Blair prowling law school mixers—I sure hope that's not her plan.)

*As an aside, I taught freshman writing while I was in grad school. I know those classes don't have the best reputation (they can be boring af, for both teacher and students), but they do teach essential skills for college and professional life—research, composition, structure, rhetoric, etc.—assuming the curriculum is solid. Blair is decent at laying out her thoughts in a cohesive way (even if she isn't always eloquent), and she has developed a good sense of narrative from making vlogs and telling stories on camera. I think there's a decent chance she'll do well in college if she can hone those skills and learn to apply them to coursework.
Tis true, but it would still be next to impossible to hunt them out, unless she's going to bluntly go up to what she assumes is a grad or law student and talks to them out of the blue. I know every college is different, but at my uni grad students were rarely seen during the school day. Usually you could only find them at study rooms at night, but even then it was scarce. Again, every school is different, but they were very much separated. Maybe Belmont will be different, or she'll be in that adult program.

I really wonder what this will do to Blair socially, though. She's not from Nashville and she won't know anyone inthe area besides Elle's family, and it will be very difficult to make friends when she isn't working. Of course she could befriend the college kids, but I imagine it would be weird for both parties. She seemed a bit depressed when she admitted about having a hard time finding a friend group in LA. I really wonder what her social plan is.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

I feel like she scoping the grounds too lmao. I feel like it's a good place to meet ppl in general and she will prob make friends and meet somebody. Feel like her ex prob never wanted to move or settle down in TN which I feel is endgame for blair to end up back there, he prob didn't want kids anytime soon while blair prob wanted kids around now/b4 30. Hard to hate her for going to college lol its been uttered a lot since the beginning that she should have went to school. Just skeptical as hell haha the amount of yts that drop out is or don't go is pretty high, but based off her parents brains she has to (hopefully) have inherited some of it. Some ppl really excel at school at an older age (she not that old but u kno what I mean hahah) I seen it happen a lot.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lovelocket
Informer
Informer

Post by Lovelocket »

She must be really horrible to be around, vapid or bad at dating because there are literally thousands of available and successful men in la. It took me literally two months to meet my husband within moving here. And I had dates multiple times a week. I never even used online dating it was 2012 apps didn't exist. But men were lining up. In the end the choice of who I wanted was up to me. There are a lot of generous and giving men here as well when you sift through the garbage a little bit. I mean I know she has an annoying voice but dam what is wrong with her if she can't meet one single dude who wants to commit after all these years in such a massive city. Can't imagine at her age going to college, there is no point. All of her peers there will have zero in common with her after her little fast life adventure and YouTube pseudo fame. The college experience is not all it's cracked up to be. She mystifies me. I do not comprehend. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “juicystar07”