koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Fly With Stella

Post by koalah »

Anyone watch Fly With Stella?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMZrx8 ... wyugDgRr5g

A junior flight attendant but she obviously does it for fun. Lives a life of leisure thanks to hubby. Very old Jennifer Ross (organizedjen/pretty neat living) in the noxious overconsumption and shopping plus not doing much at home despite hubby working 9-5. Used to be based in Germany for husband's work but now is in New York in a mess of a studio apartment. They have a cute dog Frannie.

She is a very watchable and a natural vlogger but the daily vlogmas showcase all the irritating bits.

One vlog recently her husband got home from work at 11pm, she was busy wrapping a gift up to midnight (ONE GIFT!!!) which she was supposed to start wrapping weeks ago. All the gifts had sat on the table for awhile to be wrapped. She had a bunch of days off without work this month. Then she mentioned that the husband would have to go do laundry, at 11-12am despite her being at home all day. After waking up at like 11am of course besides excursions out to shop or get food. Also it's always food from a deli buffet almost daily, which she then plates when it is mealtime. Even then one vlog, husband got home after long day of work and there was no dinner. As in she didn't think to buy any lol.

She also seems like quite a ditz. Can't pronounce anything to save her life. Doesn't know general knowledge things. I'm kind of torn because she's so personable and like I said a great vlogger but uh ... these daily vlogs are kinda killing that love.

isabellax3
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fly With Stella

Post by isabellax3 »

I feel the same. I haven't watched all of her Vlogmas yet but she borders between extremely annoying/privileged and entertaining and fun. I don't dislike her, I just think her personality is odd and I definitely couldn't be her friend in real life. Does anyone know what her husband does? Must be nice to be able to live such a casual life, I don't think airlines pay a crazy high salary, especially for NYC life... am I wrong in thinking that?

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Not sure what he does, finance probably? Since they/he have moved from Madagascar (i think) and Germany in a couple of years. It's definitely not enough to live her lifestyle on only her junior flight attendant salary. That's varied according to the number of flights you take per month and she barely works like in December. It's more a hobby for her. Some barely make 2k a month and live in 'crash pads' in the city (6-8 people in one apartment).

Her latest vlog she was talking about new year resolutions of spending less and organizing the place amongst other things. Then goes out to buy a bunch of cleaning supplies immediately. Because she (they) never ever cleaned the apartment since they moved months and months ago? Like so disgusting.

Another highlight was the Xmas gifts still unwrapped and needing to be sent out on the table when it's already a week into January lol

I guess no one here besides you and me watches her though :(

ih8ih8
Informer
Informer

Post by ih8ih8 »

I'm here too!! I totally agree with both of you on all points! I think I started watching her maybe a year ago? I randomly found a video of hers and I liked her a lot better back the, still in Germany and I think less than a year as an FA and probably relatively new on YT. She had the positivity and enthusiasm still but it seemed more toned down and natural. Now that she's "trying" to be a YTer she seems like it's a lot more fake or forced... or like, exaggerated I guess. She gets annoying because she's so on all the time and laughs after everything she says.

I DEFINITELY noticed the money and spending. Must be nice to be able to be a brand new FA making $20k/year but regularly shopping at Nordstrom and Louis Vuitton.

Notsoproper
Learner
Learner

Post by Notsoproper »

I watch her videos and find her lifestyle interesting but I too struggle with how ditzy she comes across and her inability to pronounce words. Kombucha! Nordstromsssss?! Ah can't handle it!

Her instagram story showed them apartment viewing on the weekend. Maybe they're moving again? I feel like ol' Bartie was on probation at work since he went into a new career. Maybe he passed it and now they intend on staying in NYC for the foreseeable future.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

OMG. I didn't think she was popular enough for anyone on GG to be watching her! This thread is a pleasant surprise!

I never had any interest in flight attendants, but came across her channel about a year ago and watched many of her job-related videos and was fascinated by her job and travels. It seems like, since she got married, she's working a lot less. Watching her walk around NYC, talk to her dog, or shop is getting boring.

And you guys all hit upon everything I've thought: She's ditzy and constantly repeats herself. It's not funny nor cute. The amount she shops is unsettling. There's no way I could hang out with her, yet, for awhile, I would watch her videos for a dose of positivity and to escape from all the crap going on with politics, etc.

I'm starting to think something changed with her after she got married. Maybe, like ih8ih8 wrote, she's trying to be a YTer and caring more about her content and has lost that natural charm she once had.

Since I started to watch her I've checked out other flight attendant vlogs. I have to admit, as irritating as Stella can be, she has one of the better vlogs.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

P.S: Every time she says, "Me and Bart" I cringe. It's "Bart and I". Not that I expect her to be perfect at grammar, but she says it so often and it just makes her look even more clueless.

IcedCoffee314
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by IcedCoffee314 »

I like watching her. She did something recently that really put me off, though. She left her iPhone 8 in a taxi by accident, and she used Insta-stories to complain about it and then actually created a GoFundMe asking for $1,100 to replace it. It was the tackiest thing I've ever seen, the phrasing she used about how she had her phone "stolen", and her "only choice was to raise a little money" for a new one. I don't remember how much she ended up getting before she finally took it down but that was only after people left a lot of angry comments on a recent vlog of hers at the time--all of which she deleted.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

IcedCoffee314 wrote:I like watching her. She did something recently that really put me off, though. She left her iPhone 8 in a taxi by accident, and she used Insta-stories to complain about it and then actually created a GoFundMe asking for $1,100 to replace it. It was the tackiest thing I've ever seen, the phrasing she used about how she had her phone "stolen", and her "only choice was to raise a little money" for a new one. I don't remember how much she ended up getting before she finally took it down but that was only after people left a lot of angry comments on a recent vlog of hers at the time--all of which she deleted.
WTH how did I miss this? When did this happen?

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Whoah. I don't pay much attention to her on IG. Seems like I'm missing out. I can't believe she did that. Of all the people in the world who need to ask for money, she's the last person who should be.

I wonder if her Insta-Stories reveal a whole lot more of her real self than her YT videos.

IcedCoffee314
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by IcedCoffee314 »

It happened in October. I actually screenshotted the GoFundMe description, because...I don't even know why I guess I was just flabbergasted? But anyway yeah, this is what she posted.

I don't know if embedding the image worked but here's the link https://imgur.com/a/6KiUS

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

IcedCoffee314 wrote:It happened in October. I actually screenshotted the GoFundMe description, because...I don't even know why I guess I was just flabbergasted? But anyway yeah, this is what she posted.

I don't know if embedding the image worked but here's the link https://imgur.com/a/6KiUS
Thanks for the screenshot! Don't know how I completely missed this, guess I tend to not click stuff in the description box.

That's quite shameful that she would do that and think it was perfectly okay. The whole story she wrote for the go-fund-me also rubbed me the wrong way like I dunno she's not taking responsibility and talking in a passive voice (kinda). The fact that she titled it "stolen iphone 8" is also eh like someone mugged her and ripped it out of her hands or something.

Again thanks so much for sharing.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Thanks for sharing the screencap, IcedCoffee314 .

Has anyone been watching long enough to remember, when she took a trip with Bart, she forgot her makeup bag at security at an airport? Then, in the next video, she was off to Sephora (where she told her tale of woe to several strangers) to spend hundreds of dollars to replace the makeup and brushes.

Being absentminded and forgetting things isn't new to her. I'd guess it happens fairly often. So the phone was an expensive loss she "worked hard to buy". She couldn't own up to the fact she needs to be more careful? She had to have other people pay for her mistake? So glad people called her out on it.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Presence wrote:Thanks for sharing the screencap, IcedCoffee314 .

Has anyone been watching long enough to remember, when she took a trip with Bart, she forgot her makeup bag at security at an airport? Then, in the next video, she was off to Sephora (where she told her tale of woe to several strangers) to spend hundreds of dollars to replace the makeup and brushes.

Being absentminded and forgetting things isn't new to her. I'd guess it happens fairly often. So the phone was an expensive loss she "worked hard to buy". She couldn't own up to the fact she needs to be more careful? She had to have other people pay for her mistake? So glad people called her out on it.
Yep I remember that and she keeps bringing it up. She's such a scatterbrain and has bad travel survival skills (if you call it that). She's always late, she always forgets to pack things or forget things somewhere. It's kind of insane for someone that travels so much. I used to travel a lot and tons of things are permanently in-grained in my brain from those days (and I was a kid lol). Guess it's okay as Barty pays for stuff in the end.

It's crazy how these flight attendant vloggers just blew up this past year or so. They keep shilling the same stuff now (selling out!). Like that luggage with the built-in battery where they all uploaded a video within the same time and kept mentioning it with their discount code. Few other nonsensical things as well.

The other FA vloggers sometimes throw her shade when they talk about how they have to live in crash pads, live on small salaries and not a glamorous lifestyle in NY etc. Funny thing is that she's the best vlogger out of all of them.

Metime
Learner
Learner

Post by Metime »

She is somewhat personable but the overspending, hoarding tendencies, calling viewers “fans”, and inability to pronounce simple words are all annoying.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

koalah wrote: I used to travel a lot and tons of things are permanently in-grained in my brain from those days (and I was a kid lol). Guess it's okay as Barty pays for stuff in the end.
You bring up a good point... I have to wonder a couple of things:

One, does she have some sort of learning disorder or brain malfunction that causes her to be absentminded or is she just not very intelligent?

Two, how forgetful is she on her job? I remember one video in which she was upset because a passenger got angry with her. She was giving out drinks and forgot a row of people and someone in that row got snippy with her.

I wonder if, because she's so friendly, her co-workers overlook or fix her mistakes because they like her.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Presence wrote: You bring up a good point... I have to wonder a couple of things:

One, does she have some sort of learning disorder or brain malfunction that causes her to be absentminded or is she just not very intelligent?

Two, how forgetful is she on her job? I remember one video in which she was upset because a passenger got angry with her. She was giving out drinks and forgot a row of people and someone in that row got snippy with her.

I wonder if, because she's so friendly, her co-workers overlook or fix her mistakes because they like her.
Think she's just ditzy. She's like a Valley Girl. Like with a thousand of those "you guyssssss" in one video.

Her co-workers kinda look snippy in the vlog backgrounds. She looks like she would be exhausting to be around for more than an hour. Saying that I do love that she's super enthusiastic and seemingly positive all the time. Though how much of that is fake/genuine especially when you can tell in person?

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

koalah wrote:Saying that I do love that she's super enthusiastic and seemingly positive all the time. Though how much of that is fake/genuine especially when you can tell in person?
I feel the same way. On the one hand, I feel bad being critical of her because she seems so personable and I have come away from watching her feeling good about having done so. But then there's that part of me that can't help but wonder what she, and her life, are really like.

Isn't the common theory that, if someone needs to shop so much, there's a void in their lives? Sure, some people just like the high of buying things, but I get the sense, with Stella, there's more going on. It's just that she portrays her life as being totally fabulous. So what's missing for her that Starbucks and Nordstom compensate for?

Post by Guest »

She's so entitled, I can't believe she started a gofundme for losing her iphone. Gimme a break. She spends an excessive amount of money on clothes, food, expensive makeup and luxury handbags and has the nerve to beg her subbies for money for a new iphone?? Go buy it yourself. That says a lot. I used to really like her a year ago, but she has been getting on my nerves for awhile with her lazy, entitled, amped up version of herself. She's like a caricature of herself now. She's also extremely unorganized and undisciplined and I think she's super immature for being 35 years old, at that age you should have your shit together and not go begging for money to buy an iphone you lost. That's just shitty.

Post by Guest »

koalah wrote:Think she's just ditzy. She's like a Valley Girl. Like with a thousand of those "you guyssssss" in one video.

Her co-workers kinda look snippy in the vlog backgrounds. She looks like she would be exhausting to be around for more than an hour. Saying that I do love that she's super enthusiastic and seemingly positive all the time. Though how much of that is fake/genuine especially when you can tell in person?
Lol, that, and she gets territorial when one of her co-workers wants in the shot and she tells them to get out of her camera frame. She also pans over to film co-workers that've told her ahead of time that they don't want to be on camera and she subtly does it anyway just to be ornery. Not only would she be exhausting to be around, she's also is loud and seems like she needs a lot of attention. Lucky for them, they rarely work with the same crew members.

Return to “Fly With Stella”