charlavail
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Should I text him?

Post by charlavail »

Ugh I hate dating...

Long story short, I was seeing a guy a couple of months ago and it was all going really well for a couple of weeks, until all of a sudden he just sent me a text saying he was sorry for being so awful at keeping in touch, he wasn't really ready to start dating and didn't want to feel shitty not being able to fully commit so it would be best if we stopped seeing each other. I was obviously respectful of his feelings, but it still hurt! Especially since he was so nice, and had even texted me about an hour before asking me how my week was going but I didn't get a chance to respond before sending another text to dump me.

Anyways, he's been on my mind a lot recently. I see him maybe once or twice a week at work (he comes into my job often) and while I would get nervous, I was composed we were cordial. I guess it didn't bother him either if he kept coming back. I don't know what's gotten into me, however, now that I feel like I should text him and see if he wanted to hang out with me again?

It doesn't help that there is a 13 year age difference between us, and I don't want to come across as the clingy younger girl, even though it has been a couple of months. What should I do?!

idontknow

Re: Should I text him?

Post by idontknow »

Nope. I have a lot of guy friends, and one of my best friends always goes through this. I can promise you, you don't want to text him. If he was interested, he would text you and tell you that he is or that he made a mistake by telling you that he wasn't interested. You're going to start coming off as obsessive if you continue trying after he rejected you. I'm sorry that you're hurting and that you're not over him, but you two are not meant to be together, and it's better to move on now than to wait and draw out the pain.

Sanasunbaenim
Talker
Talker

Post by Sanasunbaenim »

In my dating experience all I can say is: Get away from him, he's not good for you. Find another guy that can treat you like you deserve! I won't comment about the age gap, because my father and my step mom are 13 years apart and they get along just fine, the thing is, you gotta be on the same page in a lot of stuff.

hlena2426
Learner
Learner

Post by hlena2426 »

I think even if it hurts you shouldn't text him.

NotWithoutMyTRex
Informer
Informer

Post by NotWithoutMyTRex »

I agree with the others - let him go and don't text him again. In fact, I recommend deleting his number.

Focus on living the best life you can live and you will find the right person for you.

Return to “Relationships”