Bratayley- The "Mature" and the Ignored (Part 7)

mzkitteh

Bratayley- The "Mature" and the Ignored (Part 7)

Post by mzkitteh »

And here we go with part 7!

Thread title credit goes to Changeofheart
.......meow.......

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bratayley- The "Mature" and the Ignored (Part 7)

Post by ItsAndrew »

Following

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

Thanks for making it! Following. :D

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

Summersby wrote:Thanks for making it! Following. :D

No problem! Sorry it took me so long. I'm having a lot of computer issues. Getting a new one after the holidays thankfully.
.......meow.......

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

I love how Brooke kind of treats Hayley like a little sister. It sucks she doesn't have many friends her own age, but it's nice the tweens/teens don't treat her like she's an annoyance.

lmmomSD
Been thanked: 0

Post by lmmomSD »

Summersby wrote:I love how Brooke kind of treats Hayley like a little sister. It sucks she doesn't have many friends her own age, but it's nice the tweens/teens don't treat her like she's an annoyance.
All of the friends around the Leblancs have seemed to treat Hayley well. Katie Donnelly has always been sweet to her, and Mia seemed to treat her like a friend, not an annoyance.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Montymoo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Montymoo »

Hayley is such a sweet little girl.

tomorrow100
Informer
Informer

Post by tomorrow100 »

The name of the thread is gold :rofl:

Whimsy7
Talker
Talker

Post by Whimsy7 »

It's the only silver lining really. I think Brooke is lovely with Hay, I actually quite like Brooke - she doesn't seem to have that incredibly obnoxious and cringey tween ego all the other LA RYH gang seem to have. I loved seeing them draw on each others faces on the plane - Brooke is a better big sister than Annie, which is sad (normal, I know, but sad).

Changeofheart
Debater
Debater

Post by Changeofheart »

Oh wow, thanks for choosing my title haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Not watching-- just going by the title. But WHY is an overly sheltered 13 year old having a "driving lesson"?
Or is it the 4 wheeler again?

Changeofheart
Debater
Debater

Post by Changeofheart »

lmmomSD wrote:Not watching-- just going by the title. But WHY is an overly sheltered 13 year old having a "driving lesson"?

They let her sit in the driver’s seat and put the car in reverse for a split second. Billy and Katie were giving her instructions so I guess that’s their justification for calling it a lesson.

Changeofheart
Debater
Debater

Post by Changeofheart »

(Double post but I wanted to talk about something else and not hijack a reply opps)

HAYLEY IS SO SHADY AND I LOVE THIS CHILD MORE AND MORE EACH DAY. The question of the day was “Do you sleep with anything at night”
Annie: -talks about her blanket-
Hayley: I don’t sleep with anything.
Katie: Nope, she doesn’t sleep with anything anymore.
Hayley: Because it’s weird.
Katie: ......Why is that weird, Hayley?
Hayley: Because I’m 8 and she’s 13.
-
It’s so crazy how Hayley seems like the older sister in that part. Annie was pouting and looked on the verge of tears over “losing” her blanky and Katie was reassuring her that she’d help her find it. Without looking up from her phone Hayley very quickly replied “Yeah, YOU’LL help her”

Whimsy7
Talker
Talker

Post by Whimsy7 »

The fact katie has to justify to Annie over why they are praising Hayley about how well her first recording studio experience went, says everything really. The look on Annies face could have melted through the sun... Annie HATED that Hay was intruding into her territory...

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Changeofheart wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Not watching-- just going by the title. But WHY is an overly sheltered 13 year old having a "driving lesson"?

They let her sit in the driver’s seat and put the car in reverse for a split second. Billy and Katie were giving her instructions so I guess that’s their justification for calling it a lesson.
They are not going to let her just take the car and go, even when she is 16! She has never even been home alone. At 13.
She can't fix herself a meal, she can't get herself out of bed, she can't be home alone. She needs to be told how long to work on school. Her mother is at her side 24/7.
But she is so "mature". Riiiight.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Changeofheart wrote:(Double post but I wanted to talk about something else and not hijack a reply opps)

HAYLEY IS SO SHADY AND I LOVE THIS CHILD MORE AND MORE EACH DAY. The question of the day was “Do you sleep with anything at night”
Annie: -talks about her blanket-
Hayley: I don’t sleep with anything.
Katie: Nope, she doesn’t sleep with anything anymore.
Hayley: Because it’s weird.
Katie: ......Why is that weird, Hayley?
Hayley: Because I’m 8 and she’s 13.
-
It’s so crazy how Hayley seems like the older sister in that part. Annie was pouting and looked on the verge of tears over “losing” her blanky and Katie was reassuring her that she’d help her find it. Without looking up from her phone Hayley very quickly replied “Yeah, YOU’LL help her”

I love Hayley more and more. How could Annie lose her blanket? She has it up her nose constantly when they aren't out. It's not that big an apartment.
Maybe Hayden hid it.

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

How can Annie be so insecure that she can't be happy for Hayley when she succeeds at something? At the studio everyone was giving Hayley high-fives for a job well done. Hayley stopped in front of Annie as if expecting her to put up her hand but Annie just looked at her with a dubious expression. And in the car Annie was so obviously upset that everyone had to tell her to breathe. Annie gets SO much praise and validation on a constant basis. You would think she would be okay with sharing the spotlight for a few minutes. Maybe being the most adored and honored person in the room has become so common to her that she feels it is her identity. If she really wants to be a part of the entertainment industry, though (or even if she doesn't), she needs to work on that. No matter how good she becomes there will always be someone else there who is just as good or better.

If Annie hadn't been being so bratty I would've been annoyed with Hayley for bringing up the fact that she doesn't need a comfort item at night though she is much younger. It's really not something Annie can help or that should be made fun of. However, Hayley gets the short end of the stick so often that it's hard not to take her side. Maybe what she is learning is that she has to be loud and obnoxious to get any kind of attention at all.

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

“Annie, beautiful as always but you’re old news” why does she have to say it like that? I mean yes Hayley does deserve extra encouragement being her first time and all but no wonder the sisters constantly compete and try to show each other up. I wonder if Katie would really feel like that if #Hannie became old news and Hayley began to outshine her sister.
Regardless, Annie pouting about Hayley getting support was so cringe. I was embarrassed FOR her. I really wish they’d have called her out on that. They could’ve even just told her “sometimes you have to share the spotlight, you should be happy for each other’s success.” rather than pick on her about it. It could’ve been a really good teaching moment. Tbh as a young teen that would’ve probably hurt my feelings as well if my mom said “you’re old news.”
I wonder if Annie always makes such a big spectacle about losing her blankie as sort of an attention seeking behavior. I mean she’s obviously really attached to it but to be so dramatic about it at 13?

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

brokenwing29 wrote:How can Annie be so insecure that she can't be happy for Hayley when she succeeds at something? At the studio everyone was giving Hayley high-fives for a job well done. Hayley stopped in front of Annie as if expecting her to put up her hand but Annie just looked at her with a dubious expression. And in the car Annie was so obviously upset that everyone had to tell her to breathe. Annie gets SO much praise and validation on a constant basis. You would think she would be okay with sharing the spotlight for a few minutes. Maybe being the most adored and honored person in the room has become so common to her that she feels it is her identity. If she really wants to be a part of the entertainment industry, though (or even if she doesn't), she needs to work on that. No matter how good she becomes there will always be someone else there who is just as good or better.

If Annie hadn't been being so bratty I would've been annoyed with Hayley for bringing up the fact that she doesn't need a comfort item at night though she is much younger. It's really not something Annie can help or that should be made fun of. However, Hayley gets the short end of the stick so often that it's hard not to take her side. Maybe what she is learning is that she has to be loud and obnoxious to get any kind of attention at all.

Totally agree. I thought it was kind of mean to bring up, like I've said in the past the two of them often seem to point out a perceived flaw in the other and it gets irritating at times. Especially something like a comfort item that she really can't help being attached to. I wonder too if Hayley doesn't belittle her sister (and sometimes others) as a means of getting attention.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Summersby wrote:
brokenwing29 wrote:How can Annie be so insecure that she can't be happy for Hayley when she succeeds at something? At the studio everyone was giving Hayley high-fives for a job well done. Hayley stopped in front of Annie as if expecting her to put up her hand but Annie just looked at her with a dubious expression. And in the car Annie was so obviously upset that everyone had to tell her to breathe. Annie gets SO much praise and validation on a constant basis. You would think she would be okay with sharing the spotlight for a few minutes. Maybe being the most adored and honored person in the room has become so common to her that she feels it is her identity. If she really wants to be a part of the entertainment industry, though (or even if she doesn't), she needs to work on that. No matter how good she becomes there will always be someone else there who is just as good or better.

Totally agree. I thought it was kind of mean to bring up, like I've said in the past the two of them often seem to point out a perceived flaw in the other and it gets irritating at times. Especially something like a comfort item that she really can't help being attached to. I wonder too if Hayley doesn't belittle her sister (and sometimes others) as a means of getting attention.
I apologise for being so snarky about the blanket-- you're right about her not being able to help it.
However-- they don't do anything that I can see to help her move beyond it. When she loses it, the world stops. It's supposed to be in her room only, but they film her with it all over the house. I agree that if she gets comfort from it, it is ok. But does anyone wonder why at 13 and "so mature" she still needs a transitional item? Something isn't right.

And I can't believe she was so upset that she couldn't breathe just because Hayley got some positive reinforcement. As someone else just said, if she wants to be a star so badly, she better develop some humility. Because there will definitely always be someone better than her. It was pretty harsh of Katie to tell Annie she is "old news". Katie has a mean streak. She has said some pretty harsh things to Hayley too. I think _she_ thinks they're funny, but she's their mom, not their friend. She shouldn't say things like that. That's the type of thing a friend says to tease you. Not your mom. She needs to stop trying to be an overgrown teenager and member of the "gang". And go back to being a parent.

Return to “Bratayley”