Debater
Debater

Re: Festivella - 280390 Christmas trees and counting part 61

Post by rikku9 »

pleasestop wrote:
rikku9 wrote:
heyguyssotoday wrote:
Ele20 wrote:
mickeydaniela wrote:She should definitely be flagged to the ASA, especially since a large amount of her followers are under the age of 18.

Re: the ASA's ruling on the Oreo thing. They were not messing around. --> https://www.asa.org.uk/news/making-ads- ... HXOfVWsUSf

I've seen YouTubers post videos with "AD" in the title where they talked about the product half as much as Zoe drooled over Evian. YouTube has an explicit disclosure policy (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/154235?hl=en) and I'm not sure why she's not come into more scrutiny.

Can we do this? Somebody has to do it, I am sick of it. I can't accept that she doesn't disclose the ads. (And when she does, she only mention it in the description.. not in the title)
I would loooove to see someone do a video with a tally in the corner, going *ding!*, every time she is advertising something without disclosing it -- just a pure mashup of all her undisclosed ads over the year.
That is such a great idea! I'd almost pay to see that, I bet it would go viral honestly. I hope someone does it!
If someone watches a video and just leaves a timestamp of every time it needs to ding and tick up I'll make it.

Any takers?
Silverdun posted the summary of the ads in a video, is this a good starting point for you to make the video?
silverdun wrote:Brands named in GETTING ORGANISED FOR CHRISTMAS DAY | VLOGMAS

Zara "can never have enough pom pom jumpers!"
Radio Times Magazine "I need to look through it!"
Call The Midwife Tv show "So excited! If you have never seen it before, you need set your tv's to record if you can't watch it!"
Primark
ASOS
Cath Kidson twinkle tinkle jumper "soooo festive n cute"
(Lots of repeat camera pans on businesses already mentioned before, Dog organic calendar, ASDA bedding etc)
Zoella Christmas range (again, very lengthy plug)
L'Occitane. (who also sponsor Niomi, inc flying her to France for a holiday and visit not so long ago. Zoe neglected to note the hot air balloon is representative of the hot air balloon trip over the lavender fields they use to make their products. I know this just from watching Niomi's vlog!) Zoe giving the least amount of info as always. Just lists products & usual "cute!" & "who came up with this idea of a hot air balloon?"
Mary Berry's Christmas Party tv show.
Urban Decay Naked Concealer (waggles it at you, just in case you missed it)
Collection concealer
Tanya Burr Peony Please blusher
Benefit Precisely My Brow
Bobby Brown lux lipcolour in Retro Red "Very moisturizing!"
Snowella perfume (says it's a lil spritz, uses a ton of it! Waggles it at you) "I love it!"
Julien Plumart macaroons.

The reason I've listed each item in depth is because that's how much info she gave. She wants you know everything. there is a rea$on for that.

Pre-advertising her next lot of products to be released next year. "its really strong" alfie still hates her lol Poppy creeping as always. 'my most favourite scent yet!' Sean creeping 'my favourite packaging too!'. Zoe "it could be unisex!'. Haha. Double the $$ Alfie saying it will be out when she's 30. Laughs hysterically. Yes, hates her with a passion! :tu:

Nail artist clearly does nails free, but doesn't pay Zoe so we get to see them, but she doesn't name drop. (which would've results in tons of clients. I'm convinced this is why she makes them so ugly!!)

They were the most obvious ones, may have missed some in the background stuff.

Total : ding! ding! 15 ads.

15 ads in a 26 mins vlog = One in your face style advert every 57 seconds.

silverdun
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by silverdun »

luaniko wrote:
wow, the image of a swarm of minions taking selfies next to pots of jam :rofl: I'm not from the UK and have only been there once and that was long before the British Youtubers became a thing, so I didn't realize it was that crazy. None of the businesses she advertises except for I guess Evian water and Asos exist in my country, so it didn't occur to me that her fans would actually flock to places she mentions like that. Thanks for clearing that up <3
Ikr lol. She's still popular and still raking it in, atm. you're welcome <3 I'm just glad I found you guys because it was driving me potty not being able to share this stuff & only seeing fans everywhere. I don't blame the kids they are innocent souls, but she could give it a rest once in a while. Just vlog what she wants, about anything. That would be so refreshing. I hate being bombarded with ads.

I don't think Joe or Alfie are as bad as she is. She's kinda relentless. But then that's how she's a multi-millionaire in her 20's.

silverdun
Talker
Talker

Post by silverdun »

I think they are on to us :D This vlog she went naming things crazy, especially things like movies! Once they think we're off the scent, they'll go to back to average 16 brands per video.

Does anyone else think she's making out she's sicker than she actually is, to get out of doing the cooking tomorrow? I had a feeling she would find a way to get out of it. My crystal ball predicts Amanda will do it :rofl:

rikku9
Debater
Debater

Post by rikku9 »

silverdun wrote:Brands mentioned in A DAY OF FESTIVE ERRANDS | VLOGMAS

Misguided hat "Which I've worn a lot this month!" only yesterday she told us she had lived this month in her own hat from her Christmas range.
Black turtle neck – ASOS (in description)
Urban Outfitters Hoody – link in description
'And other stories' brand Trousers – link in description
Same brand for coat – link in description 'I love this!'
Yeezy trainers link also in description!

She looks a mess. She know it's a mess. So she says unconvincingly, 'I like it! I think it looks chic! She needs a stylist who can cleverly mix and match brands to make a more convincing look.

Still promoting Ed Sheeran – Perfect 'We're still listening to it! We still love it!'

Alfie making out he saw a Tesla. Haha. Jake Paul was gifted one. Even though they're both filming, no-one shows the alleged car. Alfie says 'it's nice isn't it!'. Zoe 'Yes! It's REALLY nice!'. After the Audi R8 begging fail by Alfie not so long ago, this makes me laugh. I understand how they work. If you thought it was weird Alfie said right after, 'yo look at the mini!" and chuckled to himself, then she momentarily looked confused then laughed aswell, it's because he's joking about getting a free mini too. One of the smallest cars in the Uk. It's a joke at their attempt at getting a free Tesla, but kids won't get what they're up to. Sad sacks, the pair of them. Btw, this is how dumb they assume their viewers to be. `we can do an inside joke and no-one will notice!`

42 Juice Bar (Niomi & Tanya currently advertising them too.)
Netflix (the other day she vlogged for as long as possible with the background of Netflix, even moving around to ensure it stayed in shot lol)
Flower Pot coffee shop "one of our favourites!"

The photobooth was CRAZY, she looks like crap yet her pics came out so photogenic. Never realized how much the camera loves her. That's actually shocking. I'm also amazed how loud and obnoxious they always are in public. For someone with only slight anxiety, that would be a big no no for me. People are always looking at them non-plussed and they seem to love it!

Gunns florists
Paperchase

As usual she's only doing a tiny bit of vlogging between ads, but she's not sticking to the theme of her vlogs or her brand. She's gone way off, complaining about the state of the back roads in Brighton. Alfie's desperately trying to get her to stop and tells her 'no there's not!' to her dramatics. Oh dear.

Zara

Ice-cream company, not named. Clearly no $$. If they had paid for a mention they would not only be named vocally, but she would also film the shop going in lol and comments about how amazing that ice-cream is. But at least did fit the theme of creating a nice christmas dessert option. Ha she's back on track. Alfie doesn't want to high 5 her lol Says he's tired. It's actually exhausting watching them together. He blanks her all the time.

Therapie Roques-O'Neil bath soak.

The Sisterhood Of The Travelling Pants movie DVD "I've heard it's great!"

No goodnight or anything haha.

14 ads in one 14 mins vlog. Usual 1 advert per minute.
1 attempt to grab a BIG freebie.
Thanks so much for these summaries, I love them! It's great how you catch everything and are so aware of all the ads, I must admit most of them fly over my head. Thanks for making us all more aware of how disgusting these two people are

AmenAmen91
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by AmenAmen91 »

This thread Will be locked so please stop commenting

A new thread has been made :)

viewtopic.php?t=33174

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Youtubers ain't sht, but ho's and tricks. -- Fat Zoella

silverdun
Talker
Talker

Post by silverdun »

rikku9 wrote:
Thanks so much for these summaries, I love them! It's great how you catch everything and are so aware of all the ads, I must admit most of them fly over my head. Thanks for making us all more aware of how disgusting these two people are
I hope I'm allowed to reply to you, it says thread is closed :(

You're very welcome. I didn't used to notice the adds until a friend who knew someone who worked for the Zoella brand and had now left told her and she told me. We'd had a coffee out & I'd mentioned youtube vloggers, who we like, who we don't like. And I mentioned I don't watch that many, zoella, logan paul, ballinger family (sweetest family ever!) and that's when they said did u know one of those promotes on average 16 brands per video? I thought it was a joke, so I laughed. When she insisted it was apparently true, and to guess who, I couldn't. I said honestly, I would notice that many ads, it would be ridiculous tbh. lol. They wouldn't do well. When she said Zoe Sugg, I was still in denial. She then grabbed a vlog, ANY vlog (I picked it at random) & she started to point out each & every brand deal and yes it came to around 17 ads. :o :? Since then, it's all I see :rofl: That's when I went right off her.

And that is key to being a successful vlogger, doing it so no-one notices.

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

silverdun wrote:
rikku9 wrote:
I hope I'm allowed to reply to you, it says thread is closed :(

You're very welcome. I didn't used to notice the adds until a friend who knew someone who worked for the Zoella brand and had now left told her and she told me. We'd had a coffee out & I'd mentioned youtube vloggers, who we like, who we don't like. And I mentioned I don't watch that many, zoella, logan paul, ballinger family (sweetest family ever!) and that's when they said did u know one of those promotes on average 16 brands per video? I thought it was a joke, so I laughed. When she insisted it was apparently true, and to guess who, I couldn't. I said honestly, I would notice that many ads, it would be ridiculous tbh. lol. They wouldn't do well. When she said Zoe Sugg, I was still in denial. She then grabbed a vlog, ANY vlog (I picked it at random) & she started to point out each & every brand deal and yes it came to around 17 ads. :o :? Since then, it's all I see :rofl: That's when I went right off her.

And that is key to being a successful vlogger, doing it so no-one notices.

Please stop posting in this thread - there is a new one.

Return to “Zoella”