clothesencounters / Jenn Im PART 5

ebbnflow
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters / Jenn Im PART 5

Post by ebbnflow »

Did you guys see emily's stories the one where she wore the bow tie AYAI cropped top and she wrote "Nice titty tie top- Dan" lmao

Is that really how he talks to her? Do your fiance actually talk to you like that? It just sounds like how you'd talk to your bro

debbie101
Debater
Debater

Post by debbie101 »

rikkukileo wrote:I’m seeing ben’s ads now, why. He doesn’t even have a call to action for it.

http://i67.tinypic.com/qoin21.png
Wow, I guess his photography is still shit then.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

soymiilk wrote:I can give an honest review of EGGIE, I own a few things from all the drops and wore them a lot, so I have my comments on them.

Jenn and I sort of have the same body type. Kinda straight and we're also the same height, so I've ordered a lot of EGGIE pieces already and in my opinion, they actually looked good on me and complimented my body. Although, on my friend who's a lot curvier, the looked kinda odd and she hated it, so whenever I see comments like "The styles aren't for everyone", I kind of agree. Number one comment I'd always get when I wear them from my friends is "That would only look good on you."

For sizing, they need to take the measurements of the actual products. Like, I still don't know if I'm an XS or S because they're either lose or snug. I used to get S all the time but now follow what Jenn's size it. I can only imagine the frustration with people with a different body type as her.

As for the quality, it varies. Some of her pieces are actually good quality like the black baggy pants (I wear them almost everyday), the matching connor set (the black denim ones), a few of the sweaters and shirts. But some of them showed obvious signs that it was cheaply made. Especially the white long sleeve tee that everyone seems to have -- the writings on the sleeve faded for me after a few wears and that sheer turtle neck top from the holiday drop. I've ordered a sheer top from oak and fort before and one from yesstyle, and unlike the luxurious comfortable material oak had, the one from EGGIE had the same material as the yesstyle one -- cheap and itchy. (which was by the way, a fraction of the price.) Oh, and I also bought that bright purple sweater from the first drop and it took me 3 washes to get out this factory smell. :( I could review all the pieces I bought, but that would be a mouthful. lol.

TLDR; There are some EGGIE pieces I truly loved which were decent quality and some I regretted buying because it was poorly made. The sizing chart is not accurate because they do not measure the actual clothing, and your best bet is to look at what size Jenn wears and approximate from there.

Would I keep buying EGGIE? Yes, I would. Some of the styles are actually cute and I wouldn't find anywhere. Just be careful with some, as the quality and sizing are not consistent.
that sounds like cheap clothes to me. some cheap china made bags and clothes i buy feels like good quality to me. bottoms especially seems to last a very long time, i still have my $10, $15 china made jeans, shorts, blouses that ive worn for years and they're still looking good. but similar to your experience, some of the cheap clothes i have feels cheaply made too especially cotton t-shirts where either the print fades away, or it just loses its shape and gets all weird around the hems (like her TRY AGAIN t-shirt).

that said, i dont think her clothes are worth the price. tbh if you search eggie, only the first few articles are about her clothing line, page 2 onwards are on this other brand called "eggies" (not sure what the product is, didn't bother clicking on it) so her brand isn't even popular.

getbeatgal
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by getbeatgal »

I noticed in her march favourites video she pronounced 'aesthetic' as "aes-te-tic"? Do people pronounce it that way?

ReiRei
Informer
Informer

Post by ReiRei »

she looks weird in her march favorites thumbnail. at first I thought that was sophia

nubilelokoian
Talker
Talker

Post by nubilelokoian »

i actually enjoyed her march favorites video. i was so surprised she didn't shill eggie in any of the fashion favorites, so maybe that's why lol. the bluetooth essential oil diffuser is actually pretty cool (and surprisingly affordable at $39 -- i was expecting like a $80 product for some reason).

she'd look really good with a bob again and i wish she'd do it for the wedding as opposed to the princess curls she'd likely go for. the hair makes her look more mature and sophisticated imo.

i just wish she'd stop reading so many self-help books. they're so corny and fake-deep lol. she used to read literature and nonfiction, what happened?

the_nomad
Informer
Informer

Post by the_nomad »

nubilelokoian wrote:i actually enjoyed her march favorites video. i was so surprised she didn't shill eggie in any of the fashion favorites, so maybe that's why lol.

i just wish she'd stop reading so many self-help books. they're so corny and fake-deep lol. she used to read literature and nonfiction, what happened?
I think she probably wasn't expecting backlash that in her spring haul video-- which in itself was basically an advertisement for her Eggie Festival collection on top of the lookbook she released. All this promotion for her line makes me think the brand itself isn't doing that well and they are trying to create hype to move more units of clothing. Besides her fans, I haven't really seen a lot of influencers wearing the Eggie brand minus the launch party and the recent party that her management threw (since those pieces were likely gifted). To me it seems Chriselle's collaboration line is getting more buzz and people aren't embarrassed to actually wear those pieces.

I think hanging out with Amy is why Jenn is so obsessed with those self-help books. She also emulates/copies her flavor of the month friend. Clearly the books aren't helping since she still obsesses over her haters and can't take any form of constructive criticism.

purplehazee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by purplehazee »

her tucking her hair into her shirt in her march favorites was weird tbh. i get it if she wants to have it for the first few seconds as a "ha gotcha" thing or "what do you guys think of this cut" but her having it like that for the entire video made it hard for me to take her seriously lol.

Thisisridic
Debater
Debater

Post by Thisisridic »

I saw her thumbnail and straight up thought it was click-bait. I didn't click into it because I feel like she's been sponsored for so long now, I didn't feel the need to watcher her ads. But I'm shocked to hear that she kept her hair tucked like that for the entire video. That said, she does look good with a bob, if I could rock a bob, I would. Maybe she'll cut it after her wedding?

asap_celine
Informer
Informer

Post by asap_celine »

purplehazee wrote:her tucking her hair into her shirt in her march favorites was weird tbh. i get it if she wants to have it for the first few seconds as a "ha gotcha" thing or "what do you guys think of this cut" but her having it like that for the entire video made it hard for me to take her seriously lol.
Does she think that it's a "look"? I understand if you do it for a quick second to take a picture -- I've used that tuck-in-hair look for photoshoots I've styled, but I'm not making the models go around for long periods of time with it. It feels really annoying and almost clausterphobic -- your hair is rubbing on your skin and all around your neck, it can be suffocating.

I stopped taking her seriously once she moved to LA and started changing into a basic b.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

asap_celine wrote:
purplehazee wrote:her tucking her hair into her shirt in her march favorites was weird tbh. i get it if she wants to have it for the first few seconds as a "ha gotcha" thing or "what do you guys think of this cut" but her having it like that for the entire video made it hard for me to take her seriously lol.
Does she think that it's a "look"? I understand if you do it for a quick second to take a picture -- I've used that tuck-in-hair look for photoshoots I've styled, but I'm not making the models go around for long periods of time with it. It feels really annoying and almost clausterphobic -- your hair is rubbing on your skin and all around your neck, it can be suffocating.

I stopped taking her seriously once she moved to LA and started changing into a basic b.
she didn't tuck her hair in her shirt though... she just tied it up loosely at the back, if you watched the video, she showed..
she also did mention that she's waiting until the wedding's over before she cuts her hair. i like her hair long, she'll look like sophia with the bob.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

I can't watch her anymore but the comments are spot on

ImageCapture by c, on Flickr

mex3
Learner
Learner

Post by mex3 »

Callan wrote:I can't watch her anymore but the comments are spot on

ImageCapture by c, on Flickr
That's how I've been feeling for a while now tbh. Also, she already looks like Sophia (comment above)...with or without the Bob but since her group of basic b's like to all look like each other anyway, I'm sure someone will get a bob soon following Sophia and they'll all be walking around in "titty tie" shirts and bobs...ugh.
I haven't clicked on any of Jenn's videos in a good year. A part of me doesn't want to give her my view lol. You don't deserve us Jenn!

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer

Post by Saturnangela7878 »

I thought her favorites video was super half-assed. she just didn't say anything significant. she barely said crap about the stuff. One of things was something that was sent to her for free so she had nothing to say about it. it was obvious that she just threw it in becuase she's so lazy and doesn't do shit to the point where she has lots of crap to stuff from to include in the favorites video. i'm sure she would've continued being ignorant about that topic if they never sent her the products. the other upside to the natural products is that they're bio-degradable so they don't sit in a landfill for hundreds of years like the plastic stuff. then again maybe the products she was sent does have a plastic in them anyway. i'm not looking that up. it's so like her to endorse a product that she doesn't even know shit about. but it's clear she doesn't give a shit about her environment with her eggshit. the only products that i know for sure that do not contribute to the landfills are reusable menustral products which are cloth pads and mensutral cups.

http://rubycup.com/blog/landfills-force ... pon-waste/

and I consider someone saying you look like sophia to be an insult. that is because sophia really piles on the makeup and so does jen. i don't understand why jen does this since she is genetically blessed and has good skin (regardless what foundation you use it will ALWAYS ALWAYS accentuate your fine lines). the make-up ages her a lot. i wonder when she'll enter the drag race. so far frmheadtotoe is always dragged out.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

update- i havent receive my package and eggie is not responding to my emails either. ive read some comments on her recent videos and others seems to be experiencing the same thing, apparently there are also some kind of delays due to problems in production. im thinking of cancelling my order since they havent responded back. puts me off that there's production failure but jenn isn't addressing it at all and she even just had a huge party on the rooftop of a hotel pretending like everything is going well and smooth :? :?

debbie101
Debater
Debater

Post by debbie101 »

kimdoyeon wrote:update- i havent receive my package and eggie is not responding to my emails either. ive read some comments on her recent videos and others seems to be experiencing the same thing, apparently there are also some kind of delays due to problems in production. im thinking of cancelling my order since they havent responded back. puts me off that there's production failure but jenn isn't addressing it at all and she even just had a huge party on the rooftop of a hotel pretending like everything is going well and smooth :? :?
She's just Eggie's talking puppet.

debbie101
Debater
Debater

Post by debbie101 »

Jennifer's one and only genuine moment, after what feels like a fucking decade, is when she ranted about her mom in her latest vlog. lol it's kinda funny

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer

Post by Saturnangela7878 »

debbie101 wrote:Jennifer's one and only genuine moment, after what feels like a fucking decade, is when she ranted about her mom in her latest vlog. lol it's kinda funny
Lol i doubt her mom approves of her sex tape. she clearly isn't close to her mom. She didn't even tell her mom beforehand. Probably because communicating with Her mom is so painful and tiring or just plain limited

illuminate
Gossiper
Gossiper

clothesencounters / Jenn Im PART 5

Post by illuminate »

‘A wild sprig of lavender’? Is Jenn sure she’s not a basic white girl? (nothing against lavender tattoos, they’re cute af — girl thinks she’s so edgy though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rikkukileo
Talker
Talker

Post by rikkukileo »

kimdoyeon wrote:update- i havent receive my package and eggie is not responding to my emails either. ive read some comments on her recent videos and others seems to be experiencing the same thing, apparently there are also some kind of delays due to problems in production. im thinking of cancelling my order since they havent responded back. puts me off that there's production failure but jenn isn't addressing it at all and she even just had a huge party on the rooftop of a hotel pretending like everything is going well and smooth :? :?
I had an issue like that with a different brand. They responded to me but never shipped out my order. I even left a comment saying that on one of their IG posts and they deleted it! So awful. I don’t know if Eggie accepts PayPal, but if you paid with PayPal, they will reimburse you if the Eggie never responds.

Return to “Jenn Im”