clothesencounters / Jenn Im PART 5

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters / Jenn Im PART 5

Post by kimdoyeon »

she looks like sophia in her instagram photo.

honeybeez
Lurker
Lurker

Post by honeybeez »

I agree with you guys, kinda late on the bandwagon. The clothes of her clothing line are sometimes unflattering on her and look very cheap, especially the sausage dress that looks very thin and not stretchy at all :|

rikkukileo
Talker
Talker

Post by rikkukileo »

Whenever I see someone on Instagram post a picture with Jenn, she has a glass of wine in her hand lol

aintnosaint
Learner
Learner

Post by aintnosaint »

pewpews wrote:Finally she showed her maid of honor on Insta. She has two maid of honors just like Emily lol, Stephanie and Ashley. I wonder why she picked her manager as one of her MoHs... did not see that coming tbh

Feels like Jen is a famous one but she lowkey admires Emily for her life and willing to be besties with Emily.

spankcat
Informer
Informer

Post by spankcat »

Lol at the fact that Emily made adjustments to this shirt to make it more contemporary.

rikkukileo
Talker
Talker

Post by rikkukileo »

pewpews wrote:

Here's the link if anyone wants to see it on her story - she has a lot today.

I feel like she's def trying to emulate Emily in some ways lol, maybe she's jealous bc Emily is basically set for life and doesn't need to work or anything because of Dan, but Jenn is basically paying for everything in her relationship.
I guess she didn't pick Sophia as one of her maid of honors because she's already Emily's? Thought they were a lot closer than her and Ashley though hahahah
But Ben has a job so he can pay for things now right? Unless his paycheck can’t afford Jenn’s expensive lifestyle

rustandust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by rustandust »

that Eggie event on the rooftop of a hotel, complete with a tattoo artist where guests can get little dainty tattoos is extravagant ttm! (stephanie's instastories)

sone0408
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sone0408 »

^^ they also could make their own perfumes

she had hot cheeto covered california rolls and wings too, how trendy

honeybeez
Lurker
Lurker

Post by honeybeez »

Does Emily have a YouTube channel? I can't find her

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer

Post by baconandeggs »

honeybeez wrote:Does Emily have a YouTube channel? I can't find her
i don't think so, her former twerk partner lisa has one tho

emmagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmagossiper »

I’m quite disappointed in Lavandaire, I didn’t know that she would support Jenn

emmagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmagossiper »

rikkukileo wrote:
pewpews wrote:

I feel like she's def trying to emulate Emily in some ways lol, maybe she's jealous bc Emily is basically set for life and doesn't need to work or anything because of Dan, but Jenn is basically paying for everything in her relationship.
I guess she didn't pick Sophia as one of her maid of honors because she's already Emily's? Thought they were a lot closer than her and Ashley though hahahah
But Ben has a job so he can pay for things now right? Unless his paycheck can’t afford Jenn’s expensive lifestyle
What does he do ?

inmensidad
Informer
Informer

Post by inmensidad »

Honestly, I don't think Eggie is that profitable. The event seems to be sponsored AS F. All of the brands present there were tagged. Jenn's manager just really tries to push Eggie to other influencers by inviting them to the event, because let's be honest if it wasn't for this, they wouldn't wear it and/or promote/mention it on their social media.

Also, Ben seems to have bought himself ads on Instagram. I keep seeing his "sponsored" posts pop up on my feed. Desperate to be an influencer much?

rikkukileo
Talker
Talker

Post by rikkukileo »

emmagossiper wrote:
rikkukileo wrote:
pewpews wrote:

What does he do ?
I remember someone mentioning he works for some production company as a camera man? Or he works for Eggie’s production. Supposedly he’s Jenn’s video editor too, so I don’t really know. I just know he has to have some kind of a job because of his expired visa.

rikkukileo
Talker
Talker

Post by rikkukileo »

inmensidad wrote:Honestly, I don't think Eggie is that profitable. The event seems to be sponsored AS F. All of the brands present there were tagged. Jenn's manager just really tries to push Eggie to other influencers by inviting them to the event, because let's be honest if it wasn't for this, they wouldn't wear it and/or promote/mention it on their social media.

Also, Ben seems to have bought himself ads on Instagram. I keep seeing his "sponsored" posts pop up on my feed. Desperate to be an influencer much?
I didn’t know influencers sponsor themselves through Instagram ads lol

the_nomad
Informer
Informer

Post by the_nomad »

inmensidad wrote:Honestly, I don't think Eggie is that profitable. The event seems to be sponsored AS F. All of the brands present there were tagged. Jenn's manager just really tries to push Eggie to other influencers by inviting them to the event, because let's be honest if it wasn't for this, they wouldn't wear it and/or promote/mention it on their social media.

I agree. None of the influencers that were there (minus Jenn's actual friends) would be caught dead wearing Eggie outside the event. I can already see Jenn's summer wedding going in this vein. Everything being sponsored and being over the top. I think Ashley is trying to promote the brand to get more sales. I'm sure the fervor for the line has died down a bit since the initial launch.

I know she usually gives a birthday shout-out for her friends through her instastories and I've noticed she didn't do one for Weylie (unless I missed it). I'm so shocked they're not that close... :roll:

rikkukileo
Talker
Talker

Post by rikkukileo »

I’m seeing ben’s ads now, why. He doesn’t even have a call to action for it.

http://i67.tinypic.com/qoin21.png

soymiilk
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by soymiilk »

I can give an honest review of EGGIE, I own a few things from all the drops and wore them a lot, so I have my comments on them.

Jenn and I sort of have the same body type. Kinda straight and we're also the same height, so I've ordered a lot of EGGIE pieces already and in my opinion, they actually looked good on me and complimented my body. Although, on my friend who's a lot curvier, the looked kinda odd and she hated it, so whenever I see comments like "The styles aren't for everyone", I kind of agree. Number one comment I'd always get when I wear them from my friends is "That would only look good on you."

For sizing, they need to take the measurements of the actual products. Like, I still don't know if I'm an XS or S because they're either lose or snug. I used to get S all the time but now follow what Jenn's size it. I can only imagine the frustration with people with a different body type as her.

As for the quality, it varies. Some of her pieces are actually good quality like the black baggy pants (I wear them almost everyday), the matching connor set (the black denim ones), a few of the sweaters and shirts. But some of them showed obvious signs that it was cheaply made. Especially the white long sleeve tee that everyone seems to have -- the writings on the sleeve faded for me after a few wears and that sheer turtle neck top from the holiday drop. I've ordered a sheer top from oak and fort before and one from yesstyle, and unlike the luxurious comfortable material oak had, the one from EGGIE had the same material as the yesstyle one -- cheap and itchy. (which was by the way, a fraction of the price.) Oh, and I also bought that bright purple sweater from the first drop and it took me 3 washes to get out this factory smell. :( I could review all the pieces I bought, but that would be a mouthful. lol.

TLDR; There are some EGGIE pieces I truly loved which were decent quality and some I regretted buying because it was poorly made. The sizing chart is not accurate because they do not measure the actual clothing, and your best bet is to look at what size Jenn wears and approximate from there.

Would I keep buying EGGIE? Yes, I would. Some of the styles are actually cute and I wouldn't find anywhere. Just be careful with some, as the quality and sizing are not consistent.

honeybeez
Lurker
Lurker

Post by honeybeez »

baconandeggs wrote:
honeybeez wrote:Does Emily have a YouTube channel? I can't find her
i don't think so, her former twerk partner lisa has one tho
Why are you all talking about Emily? how did she become famous if she's not a youtuber? Is It because she's just a friend of the gang?

bluebirdpie
Debater
Debater

Post by bluebirdpie »

rikkukileo wrote:I’m seeing ben’s ads now, why. He doesn’t even have a call to action for it.

http://i67.tinypic.com/qoin21.png
He's gotta pay for his fair of the wedding. Jenn is starting to post ads again but she'll get criticised too much from her followers, Ben is more low key so it doesn't really matter for him.

Return to “Jenn Im”