Ele20
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

LilyLike (Lilia Kazakova)

Post by Ele20 »

I didn't find a topic about this girl.
Her videos are in english but she's a "Russian (mixed) girl born in Amsterdam". She lives in The Netherlands and now she studies in Washington
She has 150k followers

Do you know her? What do you think about her?
English is not my language

Ele20
Learner
Learner

Re: LilyLike (Lilia Kazakova)

Post by Ele20 »

English is not my language

vanillacoconut
Learner
Learner

Post by vanillacoconut »

Yeah, I was surprised that no one had mentioned her before... I used to follow her up to a certain point, but I think her attitude changed towards her subscribers. She used to be more "humble" imo back in the day, before she exploded on YT. The way she has been replying to comments is off-putting. I don't care for her style (pretty basic, with a hint of IG extravagance), but she has excellent photography skills, and I like that she wants to accomplish bigger things in life than YT. If she was more humble and polite, I think she'd be more relatable.

guuuuurl33
Informer
Informer

Post by guuuuurl33 »

I have subscribed to her for a bit over a year and was also surprised that there wasn't a thread for her. I used to really like her but I feel like she has become repetitive. Also most of the things she buys are out of my price range - I sometimes wonder if her family has oligarch -type money?? Also think she wears too much makeup/is naturally very strange and somewhat ugly looking.

notnot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by notnot »

I have been subscribed to her for a few years now, but she got super boring lately. I really respect how hard working she is, but I have not finished watching a video of hers in a long time. even her insta feed is lacking personality.

I do not think her family is rich. From what I can remember, her mom is an entrepreneur too (a photographer?), and she mentioned they were never rich, but have been doing great for themselves because her (single) mom is also a hard worker. I believe that she is paying for everything out of her own pocket (those things that do not come from sponsorships or reviews).

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

Haha actually i made a topic about her, guess the title was not correct :D http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=33065
Anyways, i agree with those who said she changed a lot recently. She hasn't uploaded anything since 2 weeks, last Monday she posted on insta that she's editing her vlog but not sure she'll manage to upload it same day, but still havent. She behaves as if she was such a fashionista, all her following is actually from her youtube channel not her blog or fashion skills. As for photography, I wouldnt say her skills are extraordinary, actually she cooperates with various young photographers who do photos of her etc.
Also i wonder, no idea how law schools in USA work, especially in DC but she doesnt seem to study too much for a law student. More like pose with books, do luxury shopping, decorate and have nails done every other day :D I wish I had time for all of that ;)

vanillacoconut
Learner
Learner

Post by vanillacoconut »

MissMina wrote:Haha actually i made a topic about her, guess the title was not correct :D http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=33065
Anyways, i agree with those who said she changed a lot recently. She hasn't uploaded anything since 2 weeks, last Monday she posted on insta that she's editing her vlog but not sure she'll manage to upload it same day, but still havent. She behaves as if she was such a fashionista, all her following is actually from her youtube channel not her blog or fashion skills. As for photography, I wouldnt say her skills are extraordinary, actually she cooperates with various young photographers who do photos of her etc.
Also i wonder, no idea how law schools in USA work, especially in DC but she doesnt seem to study too much for a law student. More like pose with books, do luxury shopping, decorate and have nails done every other day :D I wish I had time for all of that ;)
Yeah, I had forgotten that she uses photographers, though I meant her instagram photos for the most part, some might say they're too clean and polished and professional looking, but I like them.

Dunno about the law school thing, but one thing I've noticed is how much emphasis she puts on being a law student-slash-fashion blogger-slash-entrepreneur... It's like she wants us to admire her for her achievements, yet she used those things as excuses too, when she falls a little behind on schedule.
Not to mention, I've come across YTers that are full time students and still do YT AND run a business simultaneously ("thestrivetofit", who also did vlogmas), or ppl with regular jobs that are new parents and still put out regular content. Without complaining or stressing how much they do all the time either.

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

vanillacoconut wrote:Dunno about the law school thing, but one thing I've noticed is how much emphasis she puts on being a law student-slash-fashion blogger-slash-entrepreneur... It's like she wants us to admire her for her achievements, yet she used those things as excuses too, when she falls a little behind on schedule.
Not to mention, I've come across YTers that are full time students and still do YT AND run a business simultaneously ("thestrivetofit", who also did vlogmas), or ppl with regular jobs that are new parents and still put out regular content. Without complaining or stressing how much they do all the time either.
Yes, i love thestrivetofit! :love2: Maybe I watch Lily more as a fellow law student but even a quick look at her channel shows how consistent she is and content is more ambitious too. She seems more knowledgeable and hardworking, has hobbies (not luxury clothes xD) also her videos are educative. While Lily just keeps showing off her luxurious life, photoshoots with new gucci bag, flatlays. When she mentions school it's about that she's late but has to show her outfit or "she has to read sth" which equals posing in bed surrounded by fairylights highlighting some shit in book and making "fuck me" poses :rofl: Not an inspo really. And unfortunately she seems like a person who's only friends with rich people like her so their luxurious bags will match hers on instagram posts :roll:

vanillacoconut
Learner
Learner

Post by vanillacoconut »

MissMina wrote: Yes, i love thestrivetofit! :love2: Maybe I watch Lily more as a fellow law student but even a quick look at her channel shows how consistent she is and content is more ambitious too. She seems more knowledgeable and hardworking, has hobbies (not luxury clothes xD) also her videos are educative. While Lily just keeps showing off her luxurious life, photoshoots with new gucci bag, flatlays. When she mentions school it's about that she's late but has to show her outfit or "she has to read sth" which equals posing in bed surrounded by fairylights highlighting some shit in book and making "fuck me" poses :rofl: Not an inspo really. And unfortunately she seems like a person who's only friends with rich people like her so their luxurious bags will match hers on instagram posts :roll:
:respekt: :respekt: :respekt:

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

Wow so she says in her new NYC vlog that hotel cancelled a collaboration with her last minute and she is sitting in a cafe and her manager is calling all the hotels asking if they would collaborate with her because she has no idea what to do. Like LOL. Is it a common practice given the last "hotel collaboration drama"?

elena16
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by elena16 »

Used to like her channel.. ever since she moved to DC, all she posts is "DC Diaries". Enough girl. Same videos every week. I don't even bother watching it anymore

vanillacoconut
Learner
Learner

Post by vanillacoconut »

MissMina wrote:Wow so she says in her new NYC vlog that hotel cancelled a collaboration with her last minute and she is sitting in a cafe and her manager is calling all the hotels asking if they would collaborate with her because she has no idea what to do. Like LOL. Is it a common practice given the last "hotel collaboration drama"?
Just thought of the same thing!!!

Dunno why, but I found the whole "my publicist called multiple hotels until they found a replacement collab" slightly ridiculous, buuuuut apparently that's how ppl are doing YT business these days...

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

vanillacoconut wrote:
MissMina wrote:Wow so she says in her new NYC vlog that hotel cancelled a collaboration with her last minute and she is sitting in a cafe and her manager is calling all the hotels asking if they would collaborate with her because she has no idea what to do. Like LOL. Is it a common practice given the last "hotel collaboration drama"?
Just thought of the same thing!!!

Dunno why, but I found the whole "my publicist called multiple hotels until they found a replacement collab" slightly ridiculous, buuuuut apparently that's how ppl are doing YT business these days...
But honestly I do not understand how it is supposed to be benefical for a hotel. I suppose her viewers are 20-something / teen girls, how many of them could afford to stay in New York in such an expensive hotel? 1% ? When the only thing she does is mention hotel name, show leaflets, room, view from window and say "it's so so cool". Besides she has enough money herself to pay for the stay, cmon. She went there for other sponsorships too I suppose: the coffee places she showed a couple of times, glossier. And what kind of business is she doing wth universal music?
Really the whole vlog was a waste of time, only sponsorships, eye fucking the camera and going for coffee.

notnot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by notnot »

I think the content that we saw in the blog is not the content she is going to create for the hotel. I remember that on one of her holidays she created content also but I remember it was accessible only on the hotel's website or something like that.

vanillacoconut
Learner
Learner

Post by vanillacoconut »

I had no idea she had done this before, maybe creating content on some other platform for the hotel might work, but it's certainly not exactly selling it to her own subscribers... I would have preferred an honest review about another hotel that she herself paid for, instead of this half-assed thank you to the hotel, mainly for working with her on a short notice.

That vlog was annoying indeed, I also thought of the same thing "wow, everything must be sponsored, huh"... not to mention she says that she didn't have THAT much of a good time when meeting her "friends"? Like, who says that? Best say nothing girl! And maybe, that's the case because they weren't her actual friends???

On another note, it's time she learns to wear that scarf with the tag on the inside, yeah, it's a designer scarf, but true class doesn't need to scream "designer" imo. I guess, to each, their own.

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

vanillacoconut wrote:On another note, it's time she learns to wear that scarf with the tag on the inside, yeah, it's a designer scarf, but true class doesn't need to scream "designer" imo. I guess, to each, their own.
this!!! :rofl:
unfortunately many bloggers do that :roll: nevertheless it looks stupid and maybe it's because english isn't my first language when I see word "acne" I always think about face acne and Lily has huge problem with these as she always mentions :?

amybeemyname
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by amybeemyname »

love her

notnot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by notnot »

vanillacoconut wrote:I had no idea she had done this before, maybe creating content on some other platform for the hotel might work, but it's certainly not exactly selling it to her own subscribers... I would have preferred an honest review about another hotel that she herself paid for, instead of this half-assed thank you to the hotel, mainly for working with her on a short notice.

That vlog was annoying indeed, I also thought of the same thing "wow, everything must be sponsored, huh"... not to mention she says that she didn't have THAT much of a good time when meeting her "friends"? Like, who says that? Best say nothing girl! And maybe, that's the case because they weren't her actual friends???

On another note, it's time she learns to wear that scarf with the tag on the inside, yeah, it's a designer scarf, but true class doesn't need to scream "designer" imo. I guess, to each, their own.
She has always sponsored videos (either sponsored with money or with products), not from the start but it is definitely nothing new, I remember watching her like two years ago (?) and she had a lot skincare she received for free etc. I think that in the last year or so (especially after coming to the US) she became one of those youtubers who know how to work the social networking and lifestyle. It is all about sponsoring and brand exposure, influencing the consumers by creating this vision of a fabulous blogger lifestyle. It all becomes advertising, with little genuine content. I also notice, and I think it might be her case too, that these youtubers do not even realize how fake they have become. They say all change is good, we are all haters etc....yet, we can just all see that this lifestyle is not genuine and just a part of a bigger marketing campaign.

I do not watch her videos that much anymore, I think this is the first one I have watched in months. I was super turned off by her "SECRET" philosophy, ie. think positively and you can get anything. Then of course the minute she did horrible at her exams, or something else did not go her way she realized that life does not work like that. it was soooo naive. I know she changed her mind after that, but what kind of adult thinks like that in the first place.

vanillacoconut
Learner
Learner

Post by vanillacoconut »

MissMina wrote:this!!! :rofl:
unfortunately many bloggers do that :roll: nevertheless it looks stupid and maybe it's because english isn't my first language when I see word "acne" I always think about face acne and Lily has huge problem with these as she always mentions :?
:lolface:

Yeah, but now, apparently she wants to do more "beauty" stuff, despite not having that much to add to the community (say, wah?)!!!
This from a girl that applied 15 products one on top of the other (talking about her ordinary try on haul)... :D
Sure thing hun...

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

BTW Ladies: should't this topic be somehow moved to trash thread? Because we are in rave one atm :rofl: And also there's another topic about Lily at the same time in other section - is there any way to join them together or move?

Return to “L-O”