Alexandria Ryan

SnackerdoodleDoo
Talker
Talker

Re: Alexandria Ryan

Post by SnackerdoodleDoo »

mustardmoon1 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:25 pm
^^^ I feel the same way. Allowing those boxes to pile up like that doesn't say much about her concern for her viewers. I guess it's a running joke for her to be flighty and forgetful, but it's not helpful at all. I've watched a lot of her older videos. Somewhere along the way she lost the spark she had in the first several years of her channel. I think the breakup with her boyfriend deeply effected her. And perhaps she feels like she's floundering with the store and her channel, and doing nothing with her education. Sorry for the rant, I just feel kind of sad for her. I am grateful for all the advent unboxings though. I feel the urge to purchase one this year, and she's helping me decide. LOL
Yes, I found her from the older videos - with the black background and shit - she just seemed so...idk, normal? Like, she was just herself, she wasn't trying to be some "trendy influencer" and then BAM, now she's got the standard trendy influencer background - white, gold accents, boring and basic AF. I liked it better when she was more natural bc I feel like she also didn't have that flighty persona she has now....
(and, honestly, I wonder if she re-sells that shit she doesn't open - I would not be surprised. I swear, there are a ton of fashion gurus that you know damned well either return everything they bought or re-sell it for a mark-up - I wouldn't be shocked if she resold stuff, even if she doesn't advertise she does on her channel)

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

Happy New Years 🥂

So I’ve been watching Alexandria on and off, mostly her unboxing/advent calendars and my god she’s so god damn stupid. She never tries anything new, like how is wearing a red lipstick “sassy and bold?!” You spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on items you will never use. At least shades of red could realistically work on more people vs a pale peachy lipstick. Besides, she never tries any new makeup, or does any updated reviews of advent calendar product and yet will complain about so would it really matter in the grand scheme of things? Not really.

Her overall lack of interest in investigating or researching brands or products. When she was reviewing the B&BW she called the hand sanitizer holder a “chain thingy” and she’s way too old for the baby talk. From butchering common words and phrases torandom tangents and the overall messy, ditzy lackadaisical aspect of her editing makes her videos 10x harder to enjoy. Like how are you so reckless with your spending and I’m surprised that she has/is perusing a master’s in law?

Her overall ineptitude as what other users have said is what is her downfall.

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

DrowningInMelancholy wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:09 pm
Her overall lack of interest in investigating or researching brands or products. When she was reviewing the B&BW she called the hand sanitizer holder a “chain thingy” and she’s way too old for the baby talk. From butchering common words and phrases torandom tangents and the overall messy, ditzy lackadaisical aspect of her editing makes her videos 10x harder to enjoy. Like how are you so reckless with your spending and I’m surprised that she has/is perusing a master’s in law?

Her overall ineptitude as what other users have said is what is her downfall.
That’s why I just can’t watch her anymore. It’s as if she’s talking down to a bunch of kids. Also, swearing once in a while isn’t going to get you demonetized and her over-the-top efforts to use cutesy language instead of just saying the thing is cringe.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

A part of me wonders if she purposely acts stupid to not seem intimidating? You can use multisyllabic words. People won’t think you’re pretentious, Alex. I actually enjoy some of her makeup videos. She has so much potential that’s being wasted on shitty unboxing said. It’s s shame, really.

sola
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sola »

Her videos have been popping up in my feed lately, and I don't understand what the hell she's doing or why. She seems to hate or at least be unimpressed with most of the advent boxes she buys, and yet, she keeps buying them. Why? It would be cheaper and less time-consuming to just take the money she would've spent on advent calendars and buy stuff she actually likes instead. She bought so many advent calendars that she was still opening them on Jan. 18th. After Christmas, no one really cares about advent calendars, unless maybe they're considering buying one for the next year, by which time, they will probably contain different products.

sola
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sola »

I edited my previous post to correct a misspelling, and then thought of something else I'd like to add, but can't see how to edit it again. So here goes: I've never really bought an advent calendar because most of them are too expensive to receive products I might not like or use. For several years now, however, I've been interested in making my own perfume advent calendar, but I never order samples early enough to make one. If Alexandria likes unboxing advent calendars (and she seems to), she might find it more reawarding to just order samples of products she's interested in trying, and then asking someone to put them in little boxes or bags for her to open. That way, there's an element of surprise (she won't know what she's opening on a particular day), but the products will at least be something she's interested in.

Shellfish
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Shellfish »

sola wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:50 am
She seems to hate or at least be unimpressed with most of the advent boxes she buys, and yet, she keeps buying them.
Agreed. She hates everything that she buys, but then what would she make content about? The beauty community is dying. What is left to say about the perfect wing or what shade of blush to use? All the tutorials have been made. She doesn't seem to be an especially creative person. So the elaborate face paintings that are on Insta seem out.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Shellfish wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:56 pm
sola wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:50 am
She seems to hate or at least be unimpressed with most of the advent boxes she buys, and yet, she keeps buying them.
Agreed. She hates everything that she buys, but then what would she make content about? The beauty community is dying. What is left to say about the perfect wing or what shade of blush to use? All the tutorials have been made. She doesn't seem to be an especially creative person. So the elaborate face paintings that are on Insta seem out.
I mean, she could actually use the products in the subscription boxes and review them in a later video. I think that there's always an oppurtunity for growth on YT, but that may be my optimism

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

She shared her wedding photos, I think she ended up doing her own bridal makeup

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

Aww she looks beautiful. She kept saying she was going to do her own makeup in her videos leading up to her wedding.

Return to “A-E”