Carry on :tu:

nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Empirella - 280390 decisions to make but price ain't one

Post by nixworld68 »

I wonder how Boots feel about chucked under the bus r.e. the pricing? It's a straight up lie from her that Zoella Lifestyle don't have a say on the price. If I was part of the Boots team working on this I would be furious!

Amyw673
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Amyw673 »

Can someone add the thread number

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

It's mad that people think it's totally fine for Zoe to go about tweeting that kind of crap just because people on here are mean too.

Even at my crap school in the UK we were all taught to make sure that our social media profiles are private, hard to find (ie under different names) or that they don't have offensive content on their in case prospective future employers were to have a quick look at our profiles which they do sometimes do.

Not to mention that her tweets weren't just mean. They were slutshaming, fatphobic and homophobic.

Her behaviour is gross and as she's held as a role model for young girls (Idk why?!) I think it's completely understandable to see what kind stuff she displays on her public profile.

Yes it was 6 years ago I get that. But that just means that it should be damn easy for Zoe to say "btw guys, I used to be quite insecure and bitchy, saying this kind of this is not okay. I'm so glad I've learned and changed for the better." Boom. Easy. Done. She could even do it in a tweet.

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Empirella - 280390 decisions to make, price ain't one P

Post by toryvilla »

Haha! I really think this could mark the fall of her. I don't want to be too mean, but hope it ruins her Christmas.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

badlands_life
Learner
Learner

Post by badlands_life »

https://imgur.com/a/JrgJR

https://imgur.com/a/PK3OO

it's all kicking off

Are we about to witness the fall of Youtubers?

bethy
Informer
Informer

Post by bethy »

HaveSomeMilk wrote:It's mad that people think it's totally fine for Zoe to go about tweeting that kind of crap just because people on here are mean too.

Even at my crap school in the UK we were all taught to make sure that our social media profiles are private, hard to find (ie under different names) or that they don't have offensive content on their in case prospective future employers were to have a quick look at our profiles which they do sometimes do.

Not to mention that her tweets weren't just mean. They were slutshaming, fatphobic and homophobic.

Her behaviour is gross and as she's held as a role model for young girls (Idk why?!) I think it's completely understandable to see what kind stuff she displays on her public profile.

Yes it was 6 years ago I get that. But that just means that it should be damn easy for Zoe to say "btw guys, I used to be quite insecure and bitchy, saying this kind of this is not okay. I'm so glad I've learned and changed for the better." Boom. Easy. Done. She could even do it in a tweet.
The difference is that she's painting herself as something she's clearly not.

It's fine to be like that, if that's who you are and you own it, but when you portray yourself as this other person, then no.

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

badlands_life wrote:https://imgur.com/a/JrgJR

it's all kicking off

Just the end of the gleam lot would be nice, they are awful.

This is all way bigger than the book backlash right?

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

badlands_life wrote:https://imgur.com/a/JrgJR

it's all kicking off

Just the end of the gleam lot would be nice, they are awful.

This is all way bigger than the book backlash right?

badlands_life
Learner
Learner

Post by badlands_life »

[tweet][/tweet]

czubek
Learner
Learner

Post by czubek »

I am sorry but to those people who say that her tweets don’t matter after so many years I’m afraid you’re in the wrong here. Yes, they do. She was a public person then and she should be held resposible for her words/ actions even if they come up years after they happened.
If you find out that some celebrities/politocians/public figures did something wrong in the past do you let them go saying
„Oh, that was years ago it doesn’t matter now”? I don’t think so. Public person is someone that should think twice before saying something because it stays in the internet forever. I am no public person but I dare anyone to find anything of that sort on my social media. Never in my life I let myself post anything that May be disrespectful to anyone because I never knee who may be watching. Being a youtuber, having fillowers from all around the world should make you awarie that this can happen. But if it happen they should come clean about this, apolpgise and be forgiven.
I bet she would say that those were hacked tweets, even if written in spam of couple of years. She will Blair everyone but herself. She is not smart enough to act as an adult.
Still, I have no idea why and how she is role model for 12 milion people.

MaleficentOnline
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MaleficentOnline »

I cant believe her management didn't do a social media check when they signed her. I've seen these tweets floating around for years and nothing has ever been said. I think people are well and truly done with some youtubers shit. Not all, but the bubble is truly bursting for gleam crew and those like them. When was the last time there wasnt a scandal? They need to be careful because with each scandel mainstream media are picking it up more and more and probably enjoying all the extra hits they are getting from minions so it won't stop any time soon. To be honest it's probably too late for the gleam lot though, they dont seem to be doing anything other then releasing endless amounts of merch.

HeadFullofDreams
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HeadFullofDreams »

Omg love the title!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cruelladevil
Informer
Informer

Post by Cruelladevil »

czubek wrote:I am sorry but to those people who say that her tweets don’t matter after so many years I’m afraid you’re in the wrong here. Yes, they do. She was a public person then and she should be held resposible for her words/ actions even if they come up years after they happened.
If you find out that some celebrities/politocians/public figures did something wrong in the past do you let them go saying
„Oh, that was years ago it doesn’t matter now”? I don’t think so. Public person is someone that should think twice before saying something because it stays in the internet forever. I am no public person but I dare anyone to find anything of that sort on my social media. Never in my life I let myself post anything that May be disrespectful to anyone because I never knee who may be watching. Being a youtuber, having fillowers from all around the world should make you awarie that this can happen. But if it happen they should come clean about this, apolpgise and be forgiven.
I bet she would say that those were hacked tweets, even if written in spam of couple of years. She will Blair everyone but herself. She is not smart enough to act as an adult.
Still, I have no idea why and how she is role model for 12 milion people.
:roll:

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

badlands_life wrote:[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>Zoella</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>930774020680798209</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]

Ugh why does gg do this weird span thing?!

Anyway, that’s good enough I guess. Honestly I think the tweets coming out as part of the expose on Zoella is fine, they’re pretty terrible and it just shows that she didn’t just turn into this greedy person...she’s always been a piece of work. But it definitely shouldn’t be the focus.

Need more on just how much she’s making through her products/affiliate links/sponsorships that don’t count as ads. Enough of the “I don’t do it for the money”, Zoe.

Really do think she is making way more than any of us know and she will have enough investments to be able to last most of her lifetime once it’s finally over for her.

sandsgoldd
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sandsgoldd »

I just watched her video addressing the advent calendar. I don’t care that the product itself was £50 and what not. The fact she included a bag of confetti, a fur ball, cheap cookie cutters, stickers etc is my issue. She should be apologising that the actual product itself was exploiting young fans. She could have placed mini scents, bath fixers, room sprays, mini hand creams etc of her products but thought it was okay to include products she doesn’t even sell. The price doesn’t even matter because the product could be £20 and it’s still not acceptable.

Considering she’s worked on it for over a year, coming up with 12 items to place in it was pretty simple and could be done in seconds. Maybe she needs to stop flogging out tacky shit every month and take the time to make less products but better products.

“It makes me so sad that a product I loved and worked hard on...” be honest. She didn’t work hard on it, she also wouldn’t love it. She needs to start accepting responsibility for her actions and just apologise, admit it was fucked up and move on without a number of excuses and trying to pull the victim card.

Like that tweet, say sorry that you have said some disgusting things in the past. That’s all it needs to be, no victim card. None of the ‘I’m a changed person’ shit or excuses. She knows how to exploit her younger viewers so well and how to make them feel sorry for her and that’s the part I find totally unacceptable. I’m hoping the older people and wiser ones will not be led so easily on recent issues with her.

Considering she’s a business woman her slamming boots for the price decision isn’t really unprofessional at all. Quite sneaky of her and I hope they respond and never work with her again.

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

badlands_life wrote:[tweet][/tweet]
Okay, this is a good apology for once.

CasualViewer
Informer
Informer

Post by CasualViewer »

badlands_life wrote:[tweet][/tweet]
Good that she's quickly closed this down and responded.

The last line, slight eye roll, she knows full well her rabid fans will eat this up and reply with 'omg we love you no matter what!!!1!!"

Littlechatter
Debater
Debater

Post by Littlechatter »

At least she apologised over twitter rather than making money off an apology on YouTube (more people probably watched her most recent vlog than usual as she even stated on twitter she talks about the calendar)

Return to “Zoella”