Valeria Lipovetsky

wuzzy
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Valeria Lipovetsky

Post by wuzzy »

Am I the only one irritated by her chewing? Honestly, I have to close the video everytime she eats!!!!!! :? :? :?

Her lack of respect towards her kids' privacy baffles me, she did not stop recording even after Ben asked her to do so, I don't want to be harsh but she thinks it's cute to ridicule them on YouTube.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

With Hebrew school they might mean just a Saturday school to learn about religion and Jewish culture? And I agree they should go to a regular school since they won’t have much contact with English anyway. Russian school would be nice to keep contact with that side of their culture, but it would be better if they went after school or during the weekends (I live in London and I know there’s a Hungarian school like that so second or third class immigrants will be able to practice Hungarian even if they go to a regular British school.

Lea760
Talker
Talker

Post by Lea760 »

FashCandyxx wrote:Holy shit Benny is four and doesnt know months? Wow!
Also again no shade on parenting skills but why would you send your children to a Jewish or Russian school when you live in a country where English is the official language?
I don't think Russian or Jewish schools are bad. Jewish schools are more about Jewish life and customs than Hebrew language. Nothing wrong with trilingual children, you just have to do it right and I imagine it to be very hard. If they want success, Valeria should teach the kids Hebrew, Gary English (or Russian, I don't know how good he is at it) and have a native English speaking nanny and Garys parents and Valerias mom can speak Russian to them.
Last edited by Lea760 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

FashCandyxx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FashCandyxx »

I remember i was living in a region where people either spoke the official language or english. My mother tongue was offered as second language so i studied that. However my neighbours spoke other language so what i spoke at age 4 was a mix of four languages which confused my parents so much that they made it madatory to speak English at home while mother could teach me the mother tongue since my school had a crap teacher.

Bottomline is it took me a year to understand and considering my mother was a teacher i caught up easily. I dont see that happening for the boys unless they get a tutor or extra attention.

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

Gary was so weird about this tattoo / ear hole thing. Like I would find it a bit degrading if my husband told me sth like that :?4
And also, that moment when they were trying to explain months to Ben he got so aggresive out of sudden, maybe I'm overreacting since children are children but idk. The more I look at them the weirder they are.

FashCandyxx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FashCandyxx »

Lea760 wrote:
FashCandyxx wrote:Holy shit Benny is four and doesnt know months? Wow!
Also again no shade on parenting skills but why would you send your children to a Jewish or Russian school when you live in a country where English is the official language?

I don't think Russian or Jewish schools are bad. Jewish schools are more about Jewish life and customs than Hebrew language. Nothing wrong with trilingual children, you just have to do it right and I imagine it to be very hard. If they want success, Valeria should teach the kids Hebrew, Gary English (or Russian, I don't know how good he is at it) and have a native English speaking nanny and Garys parents and Valerias mom can speak Russian to them.
Never said they were. But if they really wanted to accomplish this they'd probably work towards it and not video themselves every second. Is it just me or does it feel voyeuristic?

Celia
Learner
Learner

Post by Celia »

lara777 wrote:
I’m regards to the night nurse, I completely 100% agree falling asleep is unacceptable. Her job is to be awake overnight and watch an infant. Bottom line. She can sleep during the day
Night nurses do sleep at night though (I worked in a big fancy nanny agency in London. You can google it, they nap next to the baby when the baby sleeps. Unless the parents specially requre someone who doesn't sleep but then you pay the money and I can't see Valeria do that for the peasants working for her). They just wake up with the baby. The question is. Did Valeria 1) lie to get drama on her vlog 2) exagerate and Max only cried 30 seconds and had a bit of spit on his face 3) got her poor underpaid terrified night nanny exhausted to the point of not waking up.
Maybe it’s different in London, but in America (where I live) a night nurse does not sleep. My cousin is one for a wealthy family. I don’t know how it works in Canada though. But here, as far as I know, it’s like any other overnight nurse shift. She is there, awake, and tends to the baby. There is obviously a lot of down time, but it is 100% not allowed to sleep. The way Valeria told her story, it seems the night nurse wasn’t supposed to be sleeping since she let her go that evening. That’s how I interpreted it anyway.

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

Celia wrote:Maybe it’s different in London, but in America (where I live) a night nurse does not sleep. My cousin is one for a wealthy family. I don’t know how it works in Canada though. But here, as far as I know, it’s like any other overnight nurse shift. She is there, awake, and tends to the baby. There is obviously a lot of down time, but it is 100% not allowed to sleep. The way Valeria told her story, it seems the night nurse wasn’t supposed to be sleeping since she let her go that evening. That’s how I interpreted it anyway.
It's not really about if she could sleep or not, according to Valeria the nurse was sleeping hard while Max was crying and she supposedly woke up only like 20 minutes after Valeria already took him to her bedroom. But she might be overexageratting too. Can't imagine sleeping over baby crying loud next to you unless she was totally exhausted.

Post by Guest »

MissMina wrote:Gary was so weird about this tattoo / ear hole thing. Like I would find it a bit degrading if my husband told me sth like that :?4
And also, that moment when they were trying to explain months to Ben he got so aggresive out of sudden, maybe I'm overreacting since children are children but idk. The more I look at them the weirder they are.
Yeah - I’m truly creeped out by him. Especially when V told that he works from home now, but there is still the nanny present. Like it would be dangerous to leave him alone with the children...and when he carried Max, she needed to remind him to keep the baby`s head secure. Or when he fastened the car seat for his child and couldn’t do it. He bosses his wife around, he is aggressive towards the boys (who seem to be aggressive and unruly especially lately too). I wouldn`t want to be married to Gary for a billion bugs....but her life is her life. And she isn`t respectful to her children einher. I réel sorry for their boys, because they start their lifes this way.

It is so weird that they live in Canada but have ALWAYS non-native speakers around. I think only her youtube staff is English. Her doctor had a Russian accent too. The music teacher wasn`t native and a weird one too. I wonder if they meet with Canadians when going swimming.

I remember that someone here speaks Russian and told us that the boys can`t even Form propper Russian sentences. That`s weird hence they seem to attend a Russian institution. :?

And I Don`t know how custom that is in Otter parts of the world, but I had tons of friends over once being in kindergarten. They are always around adults - mostly family and employees. It also was rather weird that the parents took them to their work place sepperatly to teach them work ethik. They Even called it Jake`s or Ben`s day, Even though it wasn`t a day for them. My mother did such dass too - but she made them special and age appropriate.

I feel so bad for all of them. They just can`t be happy...besides V`s employees. They feel already famous when recognized in public. Especially Emma, who started to dress like V`s minime.

Post by Guest »

stubbssie wrote:I think she's good looking. At first based on pics I thought she was impossibly gorgeous! But now I've run into her a few times and something just looks off about her. Great face for photos and videos though. In person she really just came off as very SMALL. Like she is super petite with a small body frame overall, and also rather short. I'm quite sure she edits her photos with spring, and you can see in the winter lookbook that she needs to be tiny to pull off that style she wears. She also doesn't look as young as she would like to think, or at least on the days I've seen her. She looks her age, but her outfits really stand out as very youthful in person.

Aside: I just ordered those star earrings she featured in her story last week. :? Now I'll feel weird to wear them. VDH is my favourite small jewelry designer and she is always sucking up to Valeria. It pisses me off because Valeria wears the stuff she was sent for free all the time and then affiliate links to other designers on Etsy, because VDH isn't on share a sale. Why not support a small female entrepreneur? Oh right, V is only in it for the payday.
Waaaiiiit...you actually RAN into her. I though you just saw her on YouTube. When and how did that happen? Oh...and please excuse thé Spamming. <3

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by stubbssie »

Lalelou123 wrote:
stubbssie wrote:I think she's good looking. At first based on pics I thought she was impossibly gorgeous! But now I've run into her a few times and something just looks off about her. Great face for photos and videos though. In person she really just came off as very SMALL. Like she is super petite with a small body frame overall, and also rather short. I'm quite sure she edits her photos with spring, and you can see in the winter lookbook that she needs to be tiny to pull off that style she wears. She also doesn't look as young as she would like to think, or at least on the days I've seen her. She looks her age, but her outfits really stand out as very youthful in person.

Aside: I just ordered those star earrings she featured in her story last week. :? Now I'll feel weird to wear them. VDH is my favourite small jewelry designer and she is always sucking up to Valeria. It pisses me off because Valeria wears the stuff she was sent for free all the time and then affiliate links to other designers on Etsy, because VDH isn't on share a sale. Why not support a small female entrepreneur? Oh right, V is only in it for the payday.
Waaaiiiit...you actually RAN into her. I though you just saw her on YouTube. When and how did that happen? Oh...and please excuse thé Spamming. <3
Yes, quite a few times. Her office is between my local bank branch and Sephora. It's a bougie neighbourhood in the middle of Toronto's paltry version of Rodeo drive. I'm constantly out walking, working at cafes, etc. So I've run into her at dinner, at a cafe, walking around with her assistants, shopping, etc. She's super easy to spot because of her flashy and colourful outfits.

loveherhateher
Informer
Informer

Post by loveherhateher »

MissMina wrote:Gary was so weird about this tattoo / ear hole thing. Like I would find it a bit degrading if my husband told me sth like that :?4
When Ben lashed out toward Valeria, I thought Gary was going to step in and reprimand him but instead he just started trying to teach him the concept of months. Someone needs to instruct those two boys that lashing out at anyone let alone their mother is completely unacceptable. Teach them how to express their frustrations with words.

I also found Gary's response to the earrings a bit weird, but it's clear that he has very strong views on what is acceptable for his wife. He wanted to say something nasty when she was pretending to have a tattoo, also. When she kept prompting him, he kept pausing and saying that he knew because they'd spoken about it.

milu
Lurker
Lurker

Post by milu »

One of my favorite youtubers just moved to Toronto. Her name is Taylor R. And it’s interesting to see how similar but different she is to Valeria. They’re both models, around the same age, both married to older “rich” men, both have really young faces. For some reason Taylor is just way more relatable though. Valeria seems soooo flashy and conceited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowflayke
Learner
Learner

Post by Snowflayke »

Wow she is so catty when she talked about Kimmy in the car.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

milu wrote:One of my favorite youtubers just moved to Toronto. Her name is Taylor R. And it’s interesting to see how similar but different she is to Valeria. They’re both models, around the same age, both married to older “rich” men, both have really young faces. For some reason Taylor is just way more relatable though. Valeria seems soooo flashy and conceited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yessss I love Taylor R. She can be silly and altho she can be relatable in the way she shares her feelings (such as her relationship with her age or her vlog about loneliness back when she was living in Japan) she doesn’t try to cover the fact that she has a very privileged life and can afford a lot of expensive stuff. Plus she tries to make Vlogmas interesting and festive even though she’s in the middle of moving and therefore her life isn’t as interesting as it could be .

Korekaba

Post by Korekaba »

Valeria said in her new video that if you truly want something and put your intention out in the world it will manifest itself. She was speaking about the Birkin Gary got her for her birthday. That was the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard. Why would you say that to your followers? No matter how much you want a bag that’s worth thousands it’s wrong to imply that it will just manifest itself in front of you without the help of your rich husbands cash lol. Nothing wrong with buying expensive shit, I love it too but jeez at least be honest about it.

Magic97
Informer
Informer

Post by Magic97 »

Yep I hate the way so many influencers use the Law of Attraction to add a holistic side to their luxury lifestyle... specially when they just live from someone else money (spouse or parents)

It just makes my blood boiling !

Like please don’t tell me a poor Syrian mother who is in the middle of war and lost her children can just manifest a better lifestyle by wanting it really bad ! Because I am sure thousands of people really badly want a better life :(

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

Magic97 wrote:Yep I hate the way so many influencers use the Law of Attraction to add a holistic side to their luxury lifestyle... specially when they just live from someone else money (spouse or parents)

It just makes my blood boiling !

Like please don’t tell me a poor Syrian mother who is in the middle of war and lost her children can just manifest a better lifestyle by wanting it really bad ! Because I am sure thousands of people really badly want a better life :(
Yea and they will tell you to not "want" it but imagine you already have it and get rid of negative emotions because you bring bad things this way on yourself :rofl:
Honestly I started to dislike this loa bullshit so much, its so out of touch, same as so so busy Valeria with her privillaged life.

Korekaba

Post by Korekaba »

Okay, so I used to like Valeria, but a few things made me reconsider.

1. Her nosejob.

Usually it's none of your business to know about this. But if you are a public personality like she is trying to be and put out content for everyone to see, you must be ready to address stuff like that publicly as well. Not just pretend it never happened and delete comments like a pussy. At least leave the comments, so it's open for debate. Which brings me to:

2. Her comment section.
She deletes anything that is not good or positive. That's very shallow and it's also kinda fascist in a way - I mean if you can't handle the backlash of what you do, don't do it. Or don't put it out publicly for everyone to see. If you share your world with us, we do have the right to comment on anything.

3. Her (vast amount of) ads.

Self explanatory. Each and every single one of these videos lately is sponsored. Which in itself is not bad, gotta get that cash, but when EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, ONE AFTER THE OTHER is sponsored, your followers start loosing interest and feeling like money cows that are there to serve you and make money for you.

And finally the thing that REALLY BOTHERS ME PERSONALLY:

4. The Charity Boast

It's in the bible, it's in the Torah, it's also a Japanese adverb, but most importantly its common sense for some of us: When you give to charity, don't talk about it. Do it in secret. Giving to charities and giving to the poor is great... But when you start using that as 'nobility/look-how-holier-than-thou-i-am-points, it becomes a parody of itself. Every fucking time Valeria gives something to charity or Gary gives something to charity in her name or whatever, I know about. How do I know? THEY FUCKING MAKE SURE TO TELL US AT LEAST A FEW TIMES. I can name a few videos right away: designer bag 2 video, vlog with benny's birthday, vlog with valeria's birthday; just to name a few.

Korekaba

Post by Korekaba »

Also the website she is promoting in her newest video, The New New is a scam. If you actually type in google "the new new scam" you will see multiple websites with user reviews with one star and they are even comments under her video about it. They will surely be deleted, though.

Return to “Valeria Lipovetsky”