Scamella - 280390 Ways to Exploit Anxiety - Part 58

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Scamella - 280390 Ways to Exploit Anxiety - Part 58

Post by Pastel »

Ladyblue's suggestion seemed popular and I love it too. Here's a new thread, everyone!

(look, I remembered the thread number!)

Sarahb88
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Scamella - 280390 Ways to Exploit Anxiety - Part 58

Post by Sarahb88 »

Someone on the last thread mentioned an article slamming her advent calendar, here it is:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/48257 ... -calendar/

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

great title :tu:

lotties3
Learner
Learner

Post by lotties3 »

Sarahb88 wrote:Someone on the last thread mentioned an article slamming her advent calendar, here it is:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/48257 ... -calendar/
It’s the poor parents that have to pay for this shite. And aren’t the point of advent calendars to have 24 / 25 days leading up to Xmas. I’d rather get one for a quid from Asda and have chocolate every day.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

I personally don't even mind the 12 day format. If that gave me for value for my money, I'd take it.
Look at Tanya's advent calendar for example. It also only has 12 days but you get plenty of full-sized beauty products from her collection - and it's half the price of Zoe's, even before it was put on sale lol.

Everything about Zoe's is wrong. You get less doors than you'd expect, and you get absolutely zero value for your money.

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

Love the title!!

Also omg the end of that article. Stating that Zoe doesn’t set the price. Ughhhh that shouldn’t matter - anyone who gives a shit about their fans would refuse to sell such overpriced items.
Last edited by Jasmine S on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

quartz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by quartz »

she looks like a wrong side of 40 blogger trying to hock hair extensions in her IG ad

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

It should be 20 pounds, maybe 25, and that would be a great, less expensive calendar that parents could buy for their kids. I think she would get more money from sales that way anyway, cause even non-fans could see that at the store and think it was a good deal and purchase it.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

PocusHocus wrote:It should be 20 pounds, maybe 25, and that would be a great, less expensive calendar that parents could buy for their kids. I think she would get more money from sales that way anyway, cause even non-fans could see that at the store and think it was a good deal and purchase it.
Yeah exactly, I actually thought about picking up Tan's for that exact reason.
Zoe's management just got greedy on this one, and honestly at this point Zoe herself will sign off on anything as long as it gets her out of working.

lotties3
Learner
Learner

Post by lotties3 »

Pastel Rage wrote:I personally don't even mind the 12 day format. If that gave me for value for my money, I'd take it.
Look at Tanya's advent calendar for example. It also only has 12 days but you get plenty of full-sized beauty products from her collection - and it's half the price of Zoe's, even before it was put on sale lol.

Everything about Zoe's is wrong. You get less doors than you'd expect, and you get absolutely zero value for your money.
That’s true. It wouldn’t be so bad if it didn’t contain garbage. I could put the whole thing together in the pound shop and just stick her logo on it for like £10 tbh. It’s just not worth what you’re paying for.

gretucci
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gretucci »

Love the new title. :love2:

HeadFullofDreams
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HeadFullofDreams »

Add this to the ‘is Zoella mentally unstable?’ exhibition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

It took me a few ig stories to realize it wasn't Poppy in her own story but Zoe
-english is not my first language-

Gravebooks
Talker
Talker

Post by Gravebooks »

She really looks like the witch in Snow White when she turns into an old woman, I think it’s the nose and the (lack of) chin. Does anyone have that gif of the old witch in Snow White leaving through the trapdoor? That’s what I imagine Zoe looks like leaving events after 30 seconds of bothering to show up.

lotties3
Learner
Learner

Post by lotties3 »

@gravebooks this one? :P

nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nixworld68 »

I walked past her advent calendar in Boots the other day and picked it up for the lols. The packaging was nice, clearly the only nice thing about it. Boots initially took down all reviews about it but there are lots on there now- not positive!

http://www.boots.com/zoella-12-days-of- ... r-10235552
"Brought for my little girl it is so so over priced even she was disappointed and she is a big zoella fan it’s sad that she’s agreed to price it this much knowing that 90% of her fans are 10 year old girls"
Well, quite.

daintypetal
Informer
Informer

Post by daintypetal »

Lmao her advent calendar is so overpriced it’s ridiculous. If you’re gonna make it only for 12 days, slash the price in half. You could go find some high end advent calenders from makeup brands for that price that have more than 12 days.

What a slap in the face to her fans, she literally threw in a COOKIE CUTTER (when you get get a whole back for a dollar at a dollar store) A PEN and CONFETTI?! Three whole days wasted for £50... basically all 12 days are a waste lmao.. you’re basically just paying for the packaging and name. If I were a fan and got this, I would be so upset and feel so robbed. I don’t even know how she agreed to this being put on the shelves at that price.

Post by Guest »

I don't get why they didn't do normal chocolate advent calendars with her face on them and flog them cheap?

vivaglam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by vivaglam »

Gravebooks wrote:She really looks like the witch in Snow White when she turns into an old woman, I think it’s the nose and the (lack of) chin. Does anyone have that gif of the old witch in Snow White leaving through the trapdoor? That’s what I imagine Zoe looks like leaving events after 30 seconds of bothering to show up.
lotties3 wrote:@gravebooks this one? :P

I haven't been on Zoe's thread in ages because she's so boring, but this made revisiting totally worthwhile. Absolutely hilarious :rofl:

Gravebooks
Talker
Talker

Post by Gravebooks »

vivaglam wrote:
Gravebooks wrote:She really looks like the witch in Snow White when she turns into an old woman, I think it’s the nose and the (lack of) chin. Does anyone have that gif of the old witch in Snow White leaving through the trapdoor? That’s what I imagine Zoe looks like leaving events after 30 seconds of bothering to show up.
lotties3 wrote:@gravebooks this one? :P

[img]<a%20class="vglnk"%20href="https://media.giphy.com/media/9IVTJHx7l8HPa/giphy.gif[/img][/quote" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>media</span><span>.</span><span>giphy</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>media</span><span>/</span><span>9IVTJHx7l8HPa</span><span>/</span><span>giphy</span><span>.</span><span>gif</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][/</span><span>quote</span></a>]

I haven't been on Zoe's thread in ages because she's so boring, but this made revisiting totally worthwhile. Absolutely hilarious :rofl:
That’s the one! Everytime I see her I just think of this gif!

Return to “Zoella”