Jess and Gabriel Part 2

theuglyhearted
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jess and Gabriel Part 2

Post by theuglyhearted »

strawberryam0 wrote:can we talk about how they claim conteam is "more than just a company" and conteam's instagram bio is "Encouraging, inspiring, and leading a global community through bold and powerful style!" but all conteam is is a website that has flash sales and limited-time items and costs way too much money...

i remember the first official video ad that they made talked about how they want to "enourage a global community blah blah blah," but it's literally just a bunch of hoodies. am i missing something? pretty sure they're not donating any of the proceeds to a charity
That's exactly the kind thing I was talking about when I mentioned how much I hate influencer's shallow attempts at "making a difference", it's honestly kind of disgusting that they use that to manipulate mostly children, as a ploy to make money selling ugly merch

StarShooter
Lurker
Lurker

Post by StarShooter »

I will try and post this again, no idea why some of my posts aren't showing up..
Nisecret wrote:I don't understand why they're being criticized for a prank. Do you actually go recycle every single plastic bag you used?
Let me give you some hints
  • They used 6000 square feet of plastic for no essential reason and I'm saying that because that's your argument on the issues
    I and many others use the so called single plastic bags multiple times before we dispose of them, I'll let you work out why that's important
Nisecret wrote:Then you criticize others just because they used excessive plastic wrappers like its illegal. What about the plastic wrappers used after baking, after wrapping food, after wrapping books, after using in kitchen and stuff? U actually tell me you recycled all that? Moms and chefs uses a lot of saran wrappers, go tell them to save plastics then.
That's using it responsibly though, your argument is flawed.
Nisecret wrote:Other YouTubers make pranks that could actually hurt people, why not criticize on that.
Ok I will to make you happy, when they were back in Australia, they thought it was funny to chase Gabriel with a weapon aka Jessica's car on an open road and when people called out their American friend for not wearing his seat belt they laughed it off. They think road safety is funny, lets hope they aren't seriously injured or killed one day due to their ignorance about it. Don't believe me? Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXab1uGF3k4
Nisecret wrote:And yeah okay plastics harm the environment, then why not stop using it? And I'm okay with them using those wrappers because hey its their money and yeah it was for fun.
You just contradicted yourself and your whole argument.
Nisecret wrote:I didn't see anyone dying from the prank either..
If someone died in that video, do you really think Jess and Gabriel would upload a video of that? You seem really obsessed on the whole NO ONE DIED defense.
Nisecret wrote:And there's so much more to say but please, stop being such a hypocrite and act like you yourselves are not guilty as well. And they even took down the video for all of you. Because your opinions, the viewers opinions matter the most to them. That action itself already shows what they feel and its an apology itself. And some people even claimed that they're rude for ignoring the comments? For not apologizing? What more do you want?
I am a hypocrite am I? You don't even know me. Of course they took down the video, they don't like when people don't agree with them, it's their whole business model, spread a fake positivity and cash in on it due to ignorant people like yourself supporting them. I don't care if they ignore YouTube comments but we all know they DELETE the comments are not allow us to have our say about the issue, that is CENSORSHIP and I will hold them accountable for everything they do to limit our freedom of expression!

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

Lmao, yes, I recycle every plastic bag I use. Why wouldn't you? It takes 2 seconds to put plastic into a recycling bin rather than a trash bin. Making a video where they use a metric fuck ton of plastic after it was just announced that we have a very small time frame to fix global warming before it's too late is gross. I'm not dumb enough to think average humans can do enough to fix global warming on their own without the help of large companies, but let's not make it worse for the sake of a really bad "prank" just because we can.

Yes, there are worse pranks out there. Doesn't change the fact that this one still sucked.

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

Kinda living for this drama but also, if you're a J&G fan, why even come here? Seems like it's a waste of your time...

Brune
Informer
Informer

Post by Brune »

oneandonlyolive wrote:Who do you guys think would be mostly likely to cheat first? I personally feel like Gabe might when gets more spotlight. It seems like he sees Jess as an object that doesn't do anything noteworthy except stay at home.
Gabriel. For sure.
Nisecret wrote:Why do you care about who Jess wants to make friends with? Its her choice to decide that. To be friends with your boyfriend's friends, and your boyfriend is even okay with it, shows how much trust there is in that relationship.
Because they show an example of an unhealthy relationship. No, it doesn't show any trust they have in the relationship, it just shows how everything is influenced/made by Gabe.
Nisecret wrote:So you rather them to be far apart all the time than to stick together a lot? There are tons of couples who wanted to stay 24/7 with their partner, and Jess Gab are lucky and happy enough to be able to do that. Thats what being in love is.
It's not love to me, it's just that she hasn't a strong enough personnality for being able to have friends on her own. Or that Gabe is controlling their friendships. Or both.

strawberryam0
Informer
Informer

Post by strawberryam0 »

their video for "i'll be home for christmas" is actually really sweet, wow. i wasn't expecting it, but i really liked it

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

I don't think either of them would cheat, they're both so prudish.

BTW ... the amount of autotune in the new video :rofl:

oneandonlyolive
Learner
Learner

Post by oneandonlyolive »

Do any of ya'll find Jess attractive or is she just like every other LA girl?

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

oneandonlyolive wrote:Do any of ya'll find Jess attractive or is she just like every other LA girl?
I'd say she's attractive, but also like every other LA girl. Her 'beauty' has been created by artificial means or bought with money.

Post by Guest »

strawberryam0 wrote:their video for "i'll be home for christmas" is actually really sweet, wow. i wasn't expecting it, but i really liked it
I liked it too, it had a unique look and feel to it and it felt more authentic than what they usually put out. The song is a bit too slow for me though, so having the speed set at 1.25 made it more enjoyable. I have a feeling that they will film their next video when Jess' family visits - maybe "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," which would be a good fit. If they don't, I think it would be a bit of a wasted opportunity.

hello_potato
Learner
Learner

Post by hello_potato »

kellyba34 wrote:
Dancedancediva wrote:
strawberryam0 wrote:
oneandonlyolive wrote:How long do you think it would be before Jess leaves Gabe?
i don't think she'll ever leave him... their careers are tangled together and i think she's too blind to see how annoying and childish he is
I do think they'll end up having an unhappy marriage though, but not so sure about them divorcing.
I think they'll stay together until their careers die down, at least.
I'd say give them another 1-2 years, then a nasty divorce will be happening! Keeping hopes high peeps! <3 They are so stupid and dumb to get married so fast and 10000000% the reason that they are attracted to each other is lust and skin!

hello_potato
Learner
Learner

Post by hello_potato »

Nisecret wrote:
hello_potato wrote:honestly their albums, all of them are so autotuneee to the max! cant stand it and gabe is like her backup singer lol. sigh.. call themselves singers but cant even sing well. jess sounds like she's pinching her nose to sing and gabe is just being a donkey :tu:
Anyone can call themselves a singer as long as they love singing. No matter they're professional or not. They never claimed or boast that their voices are good enough to be able to perform at The Voice, but they made the covers and albums anyway because they wanted to share the songs that they love. I love Jess's voice though, and it sounds amazing. If you think they sounded awful, fine. Maybe my ears have problems. At least their songs get thousands of likes and support from people who loves them across the world. If you try to do the same thing, can you get to their level? Can you accomplish what they had done? If you truly are a good singer, you won't go around criticizing other people's voice and bashing their works. Rather that's the action of one who never accomplished anything.
HA! How much did they pay you to do all these huh? Why not, sweetie you just crawl back into worshipping them and start the whole animism tribe around them? You would fit as their leader. Hands down! Oh, and why not invite satan too since, well the more the merrier right honey? :P

nopenopenope69
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nopenopenope69 »

Nisecret wrote:
nopenopenope69 wrote:Did anyone see the (now deleted) video they posted where they plastic wrapped their friend's entire room? They disabled comments almost immediately and then just deleted the video. People were pissed they wasted a ton of plastic. The second I saw the title I was like "they are going to get shit for this." I have no idea how they didn't see this coming. Literally EVERYONE is talking about trying to reduce plastic use these days. They are so ignorant.
I don't understand why they're being criticized for a prank. Do you actually go recycle every single plastic bag you used? Try to accumulate all the plastics you ever used in your life and tell me you yourself didn't harm the environment because every single plastic used is an addition hazard to nature. If you never used a plastic bag or plastic wrapper in your life then congratulations, you're a 100% nature lover. And apparently some people say that recycling didn't help much in saving the environment either so those who recycles plastics all the time, their efforts are in vain? Then you criticize others just because they used excessive plastic wrappers like its illegal. What about the plastic wrappers used after baking, after wrapping food, after wrapping books, after using in kitchen and stuff? U actually tell me you recycled all that? Moms and chefs uses a lot of saran wrappers, go tell them to save plastics then. Other YouTubers make pranks that could actually hurt people, why not criticize on that. And yeah okay plastics harm the environment, then why not stop using it? And I'm okay with them using those wrappers because hey its their money and yeah it was for fun. I didn't see anyone dying from the prank either. And if they actually recycled the plastics instead of throwing it into the ocean and choking all the sea animals, then I appreciate their effort. And there's so much more to say but please, stop being such a hypocrite and act like you yourselves are not guilty as well. And they even took down the video for all of you. Because your opinions, the viewers opinions matter the most to them. That action itself already shows what they feel and its an apology itself. And some people even claimed that they're rude for ignoring the comments? For not apologizing? What more do you want?

Thanks for the reply. I actually have reduced my plastic use by like 90% in the last 2 years. I bring all of my own bags to the market to get all of my fruit/vegetables/graints/etc, I buy beauty products that specifically don't contain any plastic packaging, try to support as many plastic free companies as possible, buy mostly secondhand which reduces packaging waste, and encourage others in my life to reduce their use of plastic. I'm not saying that I've never harmed the environment or even that everyone needs to be as conscious as me. All I'm saying is that I understand the criticism of the video. It bothers me to see people do things like this because I try so hard to reduce and then all the work I've done in 2 years was pretty much negated by this one prank. Hope you can understand that.

Brune
Informer
Informer

Post by Brune »

Jess is definitively reading here: We said that she has long and boring and flat-greasy-looking hair, and she just posted on Instagram her new haircut - wavy and a little bit dyed. I personally think he suits her well, though I hope she would follow our advices when we talk about the fact that they should help charity with all their money and « influence »......

4isaperfectnumber
Lurker
Lurker

Post by 4isaperfectnumber »

Typically I like this board because I feel it is typically constructive criticism but this pas 2 weeks or so it has been really vicious.

Like dudes.... personal attacks are entirely unnecessary

P.S. Do we need to move to a third board soon?

Blehmieux
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Blehmieux »

4isaperfectnumber wrote:Typically I like this board because I feel it is typically constructive criticism but this pas 2 weeks or so it has been really vicious.

Like dudes.... personal attacks are entirely unnecessary

P.S. Do we need to move to a third board soon?
i agree. i’ve never been okay with talking shit about someone’s appearance or commenting on anything aside from genuinely problematic videos/photos/ideas/etc these youtubers put out online for young kids to see and be influenced by.

personal attacks are childish and mean and will inevitably hurt more than just the people the attacks are aimed towards. we can do better than that

purplehazee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by purplehazee »

how do you guys feel about jess' new hair? i think her dark hair suited her better. also, that pale lipstick she was wearing was not doing her any justice as well.

Post by Guest »

vitaminattitude wrote:
purplehazee wrote:how do you guys feel about jess' new hair? i think her dark hair suited her better. also, that pale lipstick she was wearing was not doing her any justice as well.
I think it's nice, but... both her and Gabe acted like it was a massive change and honestly you could hardly even see it in the vlog. She has to be in specific lighting for it to even be noticeable. Did she not used to have blonde ends before? I don't get why they made it out to be a big deal
Yeah she did, if you search for Jess Bauer in Google images, you can see multiple pics of her with lightened hair, even lighter than what she has now. The fact that she's making such a big deal out of this and calling herself "wild" for also getting another ear piercing, makes me feel like she used to be more daring in the past and has kind of regressed over time.

smoke+mirrors
Learner
Learner

Post by smoke+mirrors »

the video about her ear piercing is so pathetic. Getting your seconds done is hardly 'wild', seriously? lol. Also her hair video, who hell gets that excited about such a slight colour change? They are so obsessed with themselves.
Does anyone know where their conteam clothing is manufactured?

strawberryam0
Informer
Informer

Post by strawberryam0 »

anyone else really sick of jess calling herself a "grandma?" it's so annoying when girls call themselves grandmas just because they don't do anything wild..... on her twitter, people were saying "omg jess youre not a grandma anymore!!" when she dyed (BLEACHED) her hair and got a piercing and she was like "i knowww!" it's weird to me

also does anyone know when jess talked about how she doesn't like how miley cyrus dresses? because jess wears skin-tight leggings with crop tops that show her torso so 2+3=7??

Return to “Jess and Gabriel”