VelvetL1ar - Bloated, Fake and Fat - Part 55

GetRichFromLies
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: VelvetL1ar - Bloated, Fake and Fat - Part 55

Post by GetRichFromLies »

"The good old days" where she was still lonely, miserable, treating everyone around her like s**t, wasting her life in front of Netflix with no goals or plans, and yeah - definitely NOT looking like that without photoshop. So good, those days. Yeah Gabby, those were definitely your prime years.

MeridaKeyn
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by MeridaKeyn »

BambiEyes wrote:Body dysmorphic disorder
ImageImage[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201806 ... 029e6b.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180623</span><span>/</span><span>36b0a8bb0b6b27a828b3edff5299155b</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][</span><span>img</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180623</span><span>/</span><span>cfdffa70dc320c223ea089a2effa857a</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][</span><span>img</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180623</span><span>/</span><span>96bc76764bd02ea7a03e00cc20029e6b</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]
What does she think will happen when she looks a little slimmer, her world will suddenly then be perfect? no!

I hope she does read here cus part of me feels bad for her, but part of me is pissed off that she thinks it's ok to send a message saying that the way you look is the end all be all.

Like keep yourself healthy, get your f**king ass and you will be better than so many other people out there dealing with a whole lot worse than you, I know sadness is relative depending on different people's upbringing but this just a whole other level of spoilt brat.

thejoker999
Debater
Debater

Post by thejoker999 »

MeridaKeyn wrote:
BambiEyes wrote:Body dysmorphic disorder
ImageImage[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201806 ... 029e6b.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180623</span><span>/</span><span>36b0a8bb0b6b27a828b3edff5299155b</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][</span><span>img</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180623</span><span>/</span><span>cfdffa70dc320c223ea089a2effa857a</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][</span><span>img</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180623</span><span>/</span><span>96bc76764bd02ea7a03e00cc20029e6b</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180623</span><span>/</span><span>36b0a8bb0b6b27a828b3edff5299155b</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][</span><span>img</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180623</span><span>/</span><span>cfdffa70dc320c223ea089a2effa857a</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][</span><span>img</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180623</span><span>/</span><span>96bc76764bd02ea7a03e00cc20029e6b</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]
What does she think will happen when she looks a little slimmer, her world will suddenly then be perfect? no!

I hope she does read here cus part of me feels bad for her, but part of me is pissed off that she thinks it's ok to send a message saying that the way you look is the end all be all.

Like keep yourself healthy, get your f**king ass and you will be better than so many other people out there dealing with a whole lot worse than you, I know sadness is relative depending on different people's upbringing but this just a whole other level of spoilt brat.
I find it quite sad that she thinks she'll be happy once shes slimmer. Newsflash: if you think that, you definitely have an eating disorder. Slimming world is so damaging, a therapist is her best bet but knowing her brattish, spoilt self, she won't be able to hear the truth about her problems and call them a "hater!" for anyone who doesn't think like gabby does.

NitrousOxide
Talker
Talker

Post by NitrousOxide »

Yeah, it's weird that people are still so annoyed with her for not being rational or just "getting over" her weight stuff. She has an eating disorder; she's not thinking about sending a healthy message to young girls, she can't just stop eating an unhealthy diet because you told her it was greedy and lazy and whatever else, she won't suddenly be able to go out and have fun and wear more revealing clothes. That's not how mental health works. Eating disorders aren't a fucking game people play and when they've had enough they just decide to live a normal life.

Franedwards5503
Learner
Learner

Post by Franedwards5503 »

Why is she talking about buying new furniture for the flat she's renting?? If she's planning to buy a house asap, why bother buying new furniture for another rental

Lucysmummy
Debater
Debater

Post by Lucysmummy »

Did I mishear? I thought she said she want buying new furniture now and was going to save until she brought somewhere.

MeridaKeyn
Learner
Learner

Post by MeridaKeyn »

Having an ED is a horrible thing to deal with but it doesn't excuse broadcasting unhealthy habits to possibly impressionable or triggered viewers.

Beatrix
Debater
Debater

Post by Beatrix »

The amount she must be earning to afford that flat & all the new furniture kinda makes me feel sick.

PrettyInATeacup

Post by PrettyInATeacup »

does she ever get dressed?

PrettyInATeacup

Post by PrettyInATeacup »

video about not using plastic.... has a yoghurt in a plastic pot....

GetRichFromLies
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GetRichFromLies »

Beatrix wrote:The amount she must be earning to afford that flat & all the new furniture kinda makes me feel sick.
Don't worry, it's not going to last much longer. Gabby's channel has been sliding for some time, and her management will sign up younger more interesting people. Gabby won't have adapted to appeal to an older audience - she'll still be living like a 15 year old in her mind.

Post by Guest »

GetRichFromLies wrote:
Beatrix wrote:The amount she must be earning to afford that flat & all the new furniture kinda makes me feel sick.
Don't worry, it's not going to last much longer. Gabby's channel has been sliding for some time, and her management will sign up younger more interesting people. Gabby won't have adapted to appeal to an older audience - she'll still be living like a 15 year old in her mind.
And she'll struggle to hold down a typical 9-5 job as all she's known is earning money by sitting in a room talking sh** to a camera. Can't imagine her coping in a fast paced office or shop etc.

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

She has never been happy.
She wasn’t happy the other times she moved, redecorated, had lip fillers, went blonde etc etc.

MeridaKeyn
Learner
Learner

Post by MeridaKeyn »

LaurieLaurie wrote:She has never been happy.
She wasn’t happy the other times she moved, redecorated, had lip fillers, went blonde etc etc.
Ficklegh0st - a million lifestyle changes 0 results

appleeee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by appleeee »

1) why does she have so many cans of food?

2) I'm insulted she called that bullshit curry

Post by Guest »

MeridaKeyn wrote:Having an ED is a horrible thing to deal with but it doesn't excuse broadcasting unhealthy habits to possibly impressionable or triggered viewers.
Listen, people will be triggered no matter what you do nowadays. She can’t stop filming her life to suit people that she has no control over whether they view her content or not. She warns them when she makes her Slimming World vids which are exclusively about food — what else should she do?

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

When you factor in that her audience are very young and impressionable she should stop filming what she knows are awful habits with food and if she feels like she can't stop then her mum should be there with her to actually give her support and not be a yes man to her spoilt kid.

Sure people may be triggered no matter what now, I do agree with you there it's kind of like a minefield. But I feel the same way now as I did when she was tweeting that one way she lost a tonne of weight was having nothing but orange juice. She's advertising mental health issues to teens and it's disgusting. That goes beyond triggering imo. It's not just people who have already been suffering who relapse at what she posts, it's young people who have not been suffering but who might now because of her videos. And they might not even know that this is disordered behaviour! they might think this is totally normal behaviour with food and thats pretty bad.

If someone was filming themselves self-harming and posting that would we really just think thats okay because they have a right to film and broadcast their life? I know thats kind of an extreme example and a bit of a false equivalency but she isn't far off showing habits with food that are downright dangerous.

she might not like it or have wanted it, but being a public figure of sorts, she does have a responsibility over her viewers. She can't escape that when she's broadcasting her life.

nardy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nardy »

Maybe raising children should be parents’ responsibilities and not internet’s. There’s a way to teach a teen that not everything she or he sees is to believe and follow and that’s what’s parenting is for. There are also video games that promote first person shooting and crime do we need to lock teens up to shield them from them? I’m triggered from hearing “young and impressionable” now in every thread. Yes she shouldn’t be advertising anorexia but she isn’t 100% responsible for other people’s mental health come on.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

Be that as it may, this whole influencer thing on social media is still so new. The way people consume information on the internet is changing very quickly and it can be hard to keep up as a parent on what your child is watching and more than that what they are actually taking away from the videos and images they see.

Sure the responsibility is not 100% hers i do agree with you on that and yeah people try to absolve themselves of personal responsibility to find someone else to blame.

But I don't think Gabby is not responsible at all. It's shared.

Parents and influencers need to step it up imo.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

sorry for the double post but just wanted to clarify because I reread my posts and I sound mad :P I'm not mad I know it's not that deep and I fully acknowledge that I am an oversensitive person haha

but enjoying this debate nonetheless an definitely not trying to shut it down! think it's interesting to discuss personal responsibility vs influencer responsibility :tu:

okay, as you were

Return to “Gabriella”