Autumn Beckman

BooBoo35
Learner
Learner

Re: Autumn Beckman

Post by BooBoo35 »

Is she out of money? Is that why she's only buying freaking scarves and twillys? If she saved her money, she'd have a Chanel bag that didn't look like it was balled up in the back of her closet for 20 years.

Serapis
Talker
Talker

Post by Serapis »

I wonder if she's going to keep that $3K neverfull she just got. She sounded slightly manic over the cost, which makes sense, because she doesn't strike me as someone who has a spare $3K laying around.

GossipyQueen
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0

Post by GossipyQueen »

I'm curious also. The bag is ok, but it's a neverfull. It's not anything more special. I wonder how much in debt she is?

Serapis
Talker
Talker

Post by Serapis »

GossipyQueen wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:24 pm
I'm curious also. The bag is ok, but it's a neverfull. It's not anything more special. I wonder how much in debt she is?
I'm dying to know this as well. She did a low buy video at the end of 2019 that intimated she was in a lot of debt and had no savings. Her shopping has only spiralled since then, so I wouldn't be surprised if whatever debt she had then has doubled.

She's also bought at least two more bags since getting her dream $3K LV, so that high didn't last long.

BooBoo35
Learner
Learner

Post by BooBoo35 »

The "dream bag" thing......Had she not bought several crappy bags and all those stupid scarves, the $3k for the Neverfull wouldn't have seemed so bad.

BooBoo35
Learner
Learner

Post by BooBoo35 »

The "dream bag" thing......Had she not bought several crappy bags and all those stupid scarves, the $3k for the Neverfull wouldn't have seemed so bad.

lmntt
Talker
Talker

Post by lmntt »

Ok I have to rant... Does she think it's funny to have her face in the shot when trying to show things close up? She is showing the scarves today and at the top is her face showing... like how unprofessional and sloppy... Why not set the item you want to show on the table and shoot it yourself (her being behind the camera, so we don't have to look at her face that close)? I feel like she tries to copy Cassie so hard it comes of so sad for her... Be yourself, Autumn...
The amount she spends on bags lately... I am truly wondering is she has debt because how can she afford that on her salary? And I really DO NOT believe her when she says she has no debt...

Serapis
Talker
Talker

Post by Serapis »

She needs to take a page from ClassicswithaQuirk. She's another luxury Youtuber who appears to have a modest budget, but she only buys two-ish or so NICE handbags per year instead of manically cycling through lower quality "bargains".

Serapis
Talker
Talker

Post by Serapis »

Omg, her vlog sale - she must be in worse financial trouble than I thought. The prices she's asking are ridiculous, especially for the Coach stuff. And she's trying to unload some of the ugliest designer pieces in her collection, specifically that beat up denim Fendi and Gucci ostrich turd.

lmntt
Talker
Talker

Post by lmntt »

Yeah I actually cannot believe someone bought that Fendi and some of the unnamed Hermes fakes from her... I am wondering if she is in financial trouble or is it for the move as she says...
Every single time she unboxes something I always know we'll see it in a vlog sale soon...

AnitaLoos
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AnitaLoos »

lmntt wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:57 am
Every single time she unboxes something I always know we'll see it in a vlog sale soon...
I completely agree on the proliferation of vlog sales not only with Autumn but with many shopaholic YouTubers.
I always roll my eyes and stop watching the YouTubers that roll out some bag that they say is amazing …click the description for a link (affiliate- so they get a little peace of the action). Hee hee 😜 only to see the bag they said was so fab to wind up in the vlog sale months later!

AnitaLoos
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AnitaLoos »

lmntt wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:57 am
I completely agree on the proliferation of vlog sales not only with Autumn but with many shopaholic YouTubers.
I always roll my eyes and stop watching the YouTubers that roll out some bag that they say is amazing …click the description for a link (affiliate- so they get a little peace of the action). Hee hee 😜 only to see the bag they said was so fab to wind up in the vlog sale months later!

AnitaLoos
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AnitaLoos »

Speaking of shopaholic YouTubers..does anyone watch Jessiestyle? She is in Australia and has posted a couple of interesting videos the last few days regarding her shopping problem. She seems like a nice lady but wow, the way she cycles through bags by selling 10-12 bags at a time to fund the next label obsession . Over the past year she sold Louis Vuitton and Channels to move up to Hermes.

I had to stop watching because it was disturbing to watch this obsessive behavior. Not sure how much the current Hermes collection is but to my eyes what is on the shelf display (a Birkin and two or three Kelly’s) along with what is left of the Chanel bags has to be at a minimum $75 to $100k. Hope she is serious and gets the spending under control.

lmntt
Talker
Talker

Post by lmntt »

Does anyone know why she deleted her vlog sale video?

Henry725
Learner
Learner

Post by Henry725 »

lmntt wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:46 pm
Does anyone know why she deleted her vlog sale video?
She put a video up today bitching about comments on her vlog sale. She seems to have very thin skin. You are going to get criticism when you put yourself out there. The thing about autumn is that she complains in a way that turns off even the people that like her. I used to like her a lot. I appreciate smaller content creators as they are usually more engaged with their audiences. But I started noticing, none of my comments on her videos were approved. I wasn’t writing anything negative, just general comments. So I unsubscribed and rarely watch her anymore. Todays video looked like an interesting title so I clicked on it but it’s complaining about a handful of comments. She spends more energy on a few people who dare to say something negative than appreciating the people who watch and give her a platform.

Serapis
Talker
Talker

Post by Serapis »

I definitely wanted to like Autumn in the beginning too, as it was nice to see an average person Youtuber who wasn't curated and seemed to make videos because she is passionate about the subject matter. It kind of reminded me of the very early days of YouTube before the corporations came in and started turning everything into an infomercial. However, I also had to unsubscribe due to her lousy attitude and thin skin. Autumn seems to think the problem is that people are negative towards luxury youtubers in general, when the problem is that people are turned off by her nasty and overly defensive personality. And not to mention an obvious shopping addiction which she is in deep denial about. I don't doubt that she occasionally gets overtly mean comments every now and then, because that's just the internet, but as we've seen from her "mean comments" videos, 99% of what she categorizes as mean are usually people just politely expressing a dissenting opinion. Funny how her YouTube buddies like Styled By Gwenny et al. don't seem to face the same torrent of abuse as our martyr Autumn.

I would have loved to see the "mean" vlog sale opinions, not that she'd publish them. I'm guessing people other than us were a little horrified or confused that she was dumping bags (at inflated price points) that she'd only recently purchased and made extremely enthusiastic videos about.

EnragedEddie
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by EnragedEddie »

I too tried really hard to like her and support her content. She actually blocked me on Instagram after I purchased a bag she talked about. I thought she might want to see that people took her suggestions seriously. After that slap in the face I unsubscribed but continued to watch some of her content. I too thought the latest videos title was clever and found myself watching. I was left wondering why she even bothers uploading videos if she can’t handle really tame comments and critiques?

Is anyone else predicting she’s going to have a massive scarf sale in the future? I did the math and calculated every single item assuming she sold them all and she made it over $5000. I guarantee you that hasn’t even put a dent in her debt.

I’m attaching a photo of the bag I was influenced to by to show that I’m not just some troll hating on this woman. I really did try and support her.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lmntt
Talker
Talker

Post by lmntt »

Serapis wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:09 pm
I definitely wanted to like Autumn in the beginning too, as it was nice to see an average person Youtuber who wasn't curated and seemed to make videos because she is passionate about the subject matter. It kind of reminded me of the very early days of YouTube before the corporations came in and started turning everything into an infomercial. However, I also had to unsubscribe due to her lousy attitude and thin skin. Autumn seems to think the problem is that people are negative towards luxury youtubers in general, when the problem is that people are turned off by her nasty and overly defensive personality. And not to mention an obvious shopping addiction which she is in deep denial about. I don't doubt that she occasionally gets overtly mean comments every now and then, because that's just the internet, but as we've seen from her "mean comments" videos, 99% of what she categorizes as mean are usually people just politely expressing a dissenting opinion. Funny how her YouTube buddies like Styled By Gwenny et al. don't seem to face the same torrent of abuse as our martyr Autumn.

I would have loved to see the "mean" vlog sale opinions, not that she'd publish them. I'm guessing people other than us were a little horrified or confused that she was dumping bags (at inflated price points) that she'd only recently purchased and made extremely enthusiastic videos about.
Couldn't agree more! Most of the comments she shows are really not mean, people are just voicing their opinion.

I'm watching her new "perfect lv bag" unboxing and my goodness she has become so fake... always trying to imitate other youtubers... the mannerisms just DO NOT suit her... she thinks she is acting all cute and stuff but in reality it just looks sad imo.

AnitaLoos
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AnitaLoos »

EnragedEddie wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:03 pm

Is anyone else predicting she’s going to have a massive scarf sale in the future? I did the math and calculated every single item assuming she sold them all and she made it over $5000. I guarantee you that hasn’t even put a dent in her debt.
Yes! A scarf vlog sale will be coming in the near future.
I do not watch her as much either as it became clear watching spendaholics isn’t healthy for me.

About a week ago, I saw SuperDacob stating the views on his channel and other luxury lover channels was stagnant. In other words these channels are no longer growing as they once did. I didn’t see the whole video but I don’t doubt views are way down for that sector.

Henry725
Learner
Learner

Post by Henry725 »

AnitaLoos wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:33 pm
EnragedEddie wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:03 pm

Yes! A scarf vlog sale will be coming in the near future.
I do not watch her as much either as it became clear watching spendaholics isn’t healthy for me.

About a week ago, I saw SuperDacob stating the views on his channel and other luxury lover channels was stagnant. In other words these channels are no longer growing as they once did. I didn’t see the whole video but I don’t doubt views are way down for that sector.
The luxury community on YouTube has always been a niche one. Even the bigger luxury YouTubers only have around 100,000 subscribers. We are now in a recession, most of us have less to spend on luxury purchases. I think autumn is missing the mark with all the unboxings. What drew me to her and other smaller creators was that she didn’t have a huge collection and wasn’t buying bags all the time. I have to Bridget and save for luxury purchases as most of us do. I can relate more to YouTubers who also have to budget and save as opposed to the ones who are unboxing new handbags every week. But what mostly turns me off autumn is just how damn snotty she has become. Blocking someone who commented they bought something she recommended is a real jerk move. Engagement is a big part of the YouTube algorithm and she heavily micromanages and screens her comments. I doubt I am the only one who stopped commenting when their comments weren’t approved for no reason.

Return to “A-E”