“A few really aggressive comments” lmao you precious, delicate flower :roll:

ShannonQT85
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FleurdeFOMO 2017 - General thread part 18

Post by ShannonQT85 »

I'm truly baffled by her attitude. I've not been a fan of hers for years but I grew up watching her back when her and Ingrid were friends and just casually watched a video here and there. I was genuinely excited for them to be pregnant, but the way she is acting toward people is appalling....most are nothing more than excited, supportive, and happy for her and just want to know what to call Baby DeForce. She's seriously worried a few people might not like the name...? SO WHAT!? You chose it....so you shouldn't care what they think. If you do...then maybe you shouldn't of chosen that name?

How will her daughter feel growing up when maybe someone makes fun of her name or something...tell her to not ever say her name to people? My sister grew up with an unusual name and dealt with people who LOVED it, thought it was weird, asked her constantly where the name came from....but at the end of the day more than anything having an unusual name has made her incredibly memorable. People never forget her for her name alone. If you choose to have an unusual name for your child then I'm assuming you considered all of this when picking it so for Fleur to say the reason she doesn't want to announce it anytime soon is because she's worried people won't like it....? I just don't get it.

I understand she doesn't owe us information as viewers, however, she has been talking about her pregnancy the past 9 months in nearly every video....so sorry Fleur if its made people curious to actually see and know what to call the baby? I still think end of the day this was more about her wanting to make a video announcing it because she knows it would be her biggest video....possibly ever and sees the $ signs, but doesn't want to admit that's the reason.

superhighlyrequested
Informer
Informer

Post by superhighlyrequested »

i actually kind of believe that she wants alone time with the baby before sharing the name (rather than withholding for the views), but do think she needs to put her phone down in that case. i must say though that i have completely lost interest in the baby's name (which i was very eager to know whilst she was pregnant) and will likely learn it by reading here, rather than watching her video.

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

Rosie Ribbons wrote:What about 'Delilah',wasn't that the name of their favourite song and their first dance at their wedding?
That was in their 'Names We Won't Be Using' tag

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

ECH wrote:
Rosie Ribbons wrote:What about 'Delilah',wasn't that the name of their favourite song and their first dance at their wedding?
Ah ok.didnt watch that video! Anyone else starting to really like the name 'Jingle' for the baby's name? :D

Montymoo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Montymoo »

superhighlyrequested wrote:i actually kind of believe that she wants alone time with the baby before sharing the name (rather than withholding for the views), but do think she needs to put her phone down in that case. i must say though that i have completely lost interest in the baby's name (which i was very eager to know whilst she was pregnant) and will likely learn it by reading here, rather than watching her video.
Babies do sleep a lot though, and i assume mike takes over for awhile.

I wonder if fleur is using social media right now as a way to try balance herself - as she said herself this week has been very emotional, and having a baby is probably one of the most life changing things you can do. I wonder if she is using social media right now to have some connection to what was her normal for along time.

Flixy83
Learner
Learner

Post by Flixy83 »

I do like Fleur, and I don't want to be bashing her attitude too much, as she's only one week post partum and her hormones are totally all over the place.
Saying that, she needs to step away from the phone for a few weeks and just bond with the baby and let them get used to being a family. It's a huge change bringing home your first baby and it being so dependant on you 24/7 - I found it quite overwhelming to make that adjustment and I imagine it's worse for Fleur as she's used to travelling/shopping/doing her own thing so much!

I think the problem lies with vloggers/bloggers being SO attached to social media and the admiration that brings, that they can't help posting once the baby is here, despite all the best of intentions prior to the birth. I think just a simple picture post birth, with the name and a 'everythings well' message, then a few weeks of radio silence would have been the best way to go - but as I said, the addiction to constantly posting content on social media is just overwhelming.

ittybittykitty
Informer
Informer

Post by ittybittykitty »

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I'm actually okay with her posting a few pics here and there and waiting to reveal the name. A lot of people are getting genuinely angry about this and like..it's a random baby you'll never meet? Chill. It won't impact your life in any way.

sapphirerain
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sapphirerain »

Calling the poor kid ‘Star’ is utterly ridiculous. Far out. The kid will be bullied and questioned her whole life. What the fuck is wrong with a lovely name like Sarah, Ashleigh, Lily, Isabel or Jamie etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CalmYaFarm
Informer
Informer

Post by CalmYaFarm »

Yeh I agree that people need to calm down a bit. It’s just like the time she didn’t do the charity run and everyone kicked up a stink because she kept quiet about her reasons, and a few weeks later she said why and everything went back to normal.
In terms of the name, I just don’t think Mike would allow something utterly stupid. Unique, sure. Maybe Larry/Lawrence? I really hope someone here guesses at least one of her given names!

kaymaroff
Learner
Learner

Post by kaymaroff »

I don’t think it matters that she hasn’t shared the name, honestly, we’ll find out at some point.
She’s just had her first child and is obviously bonding with her baby and adjusting to life as Mum. Let’s be honest, it’s one of the biggest things you can do.
I’m glad that she’s taking some time off, as you would in a “normal” job

Post by Guest »

Rosie Ribbons wrote:
ECH wrote:
Ah ok.didnt watch that video! Anyone else starting to really like the name 'Jingle' for the baby's name? :D
I didn't watch that video either... I was starting to think Fleur may now be having second thoughts about Tinker Bell after someone jokingly mentioned it upthread but I guess it can't be if it's one syllable (the odds are on Star(r) then ;) ) I could just imagine Fleur and Mike calling her Delightful Delilah but that won't happen either :D

Post by Guest »

I'm not really angry about the withholding of the name, more disappointed and annoyed, but I can understand why others would feel so. It's not so much about whether or not we're ever going to meet Jingle, but more about the rather inconsiderate and unsympathetic way that she has gone about it. How she has treated her followers as unimportant with this baby name saga she created for herself.

She decided to keep the name a secret just to her followers (I believe she said for "superstitious" reasons at one time) but was happy to tell her friends and family. Not only that, but she seemed totally comfortable with the fact they gave her gifts with the name already etched onto them.

So that unequal treatment probably felt unfair to some of her followers. Then there's the fact she didn't say she would be revealing the name until several more weeks after Jingle's arrival, when it was generally expected to be shared shortly afterwards.

That was a lovely surprise. Also, the lack of sympathy and her non-apology when explaining her reasons for doing so. Those reasons seemed pretty weak, especially because she doesn't come across as being that sensitive and fearful of criticism in her videos, but I can understand that she might be feeling more raw and vulnerable at this time.

So after everything that has happened - and remember this been building up for months - her withholding the name because of a bit of potential criticism seems like a weak and insincere reason, particularly as she has shown to be money hungry despite her wealth (like with all the outfits on a headless Jingle) and also because she seems to lack a real sense of consideration and gratitude towards her fans, many of whom have supported her for years.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tink1987 »

Well despite if you want to know the name or not, I think we can all agree this is the busiest this thread has been in a long time :)

ittybittykitty
Informer
Informer

Post by ittybittykitty »

kaymaroff wrote:I don’t think it matters that she hasn’t shared the name, honestly, we’ll find out at some point.
She’s just had her first child and is obviously bonding with her baby and adjusting to life as Mum. Let’s be honest, it’s one of the biggest things you can do.

lol thank you!!! I was beginning to think I was crazy for having some empathy for her situation right now. I've never been pregnant but I've seen friends and family immediately after having a baby and it's crazy emotional and HARD. I don't understand those daily vloggers that upload a birth vlog the same day! How??? :o The recovery for a C-section is longer as well. I get that you're curious about the name but she has every right to go about it exactly how she wants. Be angry at her all you want, but her only obligation is to herself as her own boss and to the brands that she works with. That's the joy of being self-employed and she is very lucky for it. But even if she wasn't, she'd be on maternity leave right now and so what she's doing is absolutely justified imo.

allay_s
Learner
Learner

Post by allay_s »

Seasidedreams wrote:I'm not really angry about the withholding of the name, more disappointed and annoyed, but I can understand why others would feel so. It's not so much about whether or not we're ever going to meet Jingle, but more about the rather inconsiderate and unsympathetic way that she has gone about it. How she has treated her followers as unimportant with this baby name saga she created for herself.

She decided to keep the name a secret just to her followers (I believe she said for "superstitious" reasons at one time) but was happy to tell her friends and family. Not only that, but she seemed totally comfortable with the fact they gave her gifts with the name already etched onto them.

So that unequal treatment probably felt unfair to some of her followers. Then there's the fact she didn't say she would be revealing the name until several more weeks after Jingle's arrival, when it was generally expected to be shared shortly afterwards.

That was a lovely surprise. Also, the lack of sympathy and her non-apology when explaining her reasons for doing so. Those reasons seemed pretty weak, especially because she doesn't come across as being that sensitive and fearful of criticism in her videos, but I can understand that she might be feeling more raw and vulnerable at this time.

So after everything that has happened - and remember this been building up for months - her withholding the name because of a bit of potential criticism seems like a weak and insincere reason, particularly as she has shown to be money hungry despite her wealth (like with all the outfits on a headless Jingle) and also because she seems to lack a real sense of consideration and gratitude towards her fans, many of whom have supported her for years.
This. Everything you just said.

Her viewers are the main reason she even exists on YouTube and without them she'd just be another wealthy stay-at-home wife that no one gives two shits about. So talking about the baby for 6 months, posting videos about what she got her and names she won't be using was just to get free stuff out of it. She just used her viewers and when they felt invested she basically said "lol, fuck you, I'll only share the name with the important people in my life. Not you, peasants". She was happy when everyone was showering her with compliments and congratulating her because it gave her a huge ego boost. Yes it's HER baby and she can do whatever she wants, but don't hype it up for half a year if you had no intention to share the name from the beginning.

She doesn't deserve a single view on her name reveal video. I won't watch it.

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

If it really isn't about the money she should be happy to donate the revenue from the announcement video to charity, eh?

jrgold19
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jrgold19 »

ittybittykitty wrote:
kaymaroff wrote:I don’t think it matters that she hasn’t shared the name, honestly, we’ll find out at some point.

lol thank you!!! I was beginning to think I was crazy for having some empathy for her situation right now. I've never been pregnant but I've seen friends and family immediately after having a baby and it's crazy emotional and HARD. I don't understand those daily vloggers that upload a birth vlog the same day! How??? :o The recovery for a C-section is longer as well. I get that you're curious about the name but she has every right to go about it exactly how she wants. Be angry at her all you want, but her only obligation is to herself as her own boss and to the brands that she works with. That's the joy of being self-employed and she is very lucky for it. But even if she wasn't, she'd be on maternity leave right now and so what she's doing is absolutely justified imo.
But she isnt on maternity leave when shes still posting pictures on instagram tagging brands. That is her work.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jrgold19
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jrgold19 »

Anyway im not a mum but i thought babies slept the majority of the time when they are newborns? Why wouldnt she have time to sit on the sofa and make a video of the name/post a picture of it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Newborns also feed for many hours a day. If she is breastfeeding she will be the one getting up several times during the night to feed. Although they do sleep a lot, the lack of sleep for a new mum is exhausting.

Return to “FleurDeForce”