TheChemist
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatiwanttomoanaboutoday - Lily Pebbles Part 5

Post by TheChemist »

I can’t see where £300k is coming from?
As she’s a micro entity she doesn’t have to file a profit and loss statement which would show more what was coming in and going out.
Instead she just has a balance sheet which is more like a snapshot at a certain point in time - the P&L is a story of the year.
I’m sure there’s a lot more going on than we will ever see - her dad’s an accountant so will definitely advise her on the best treatment for her company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

michaeldesanta wrote:
rollingwaves wrote:
I agree.

I’m a corporate attorney (albeit not in the UK, but many concepts are similar in my jurisdiction) so I figured I’d chime in on this.

It is often recommended for self-employed people like Lily to form a company (or other limited liability entity) because, among other reasons, doing so protects personal assets from creditors/judgments/liens etc. In other words, you can only lose as much as you put into the company, and (for example) you don’t risk losing your house or car in order to pay people back if your business goes under.

I also saw that Lily’s father was initially a director but resigned—this isn’t unusual, at least from what I’ve seen. The rules typically require you to name at least one director on the initial paperwork when forming the company. Frequently, the person setting up the company (and this might not be the person who intends to own/run the company) puts their own name down as a director as a placeholder just to get the forms completed and filed. Then they immediately appoint the actual director of the company and step down. I suspect this is what happened with Lily and her father.

Out of curiosity I skimmed the incorporation statement on file for New Kid in Town Limited, and this document supports my hunch (that Lily’s father helped with the formation paperwork and simply named himself a director as a placeholder). The company was formed on March 4, 2015, and on that same day Lily was appointed director and her father stepped down. Again, I’m not that familiar with UK corporate law, but in my jurisdiction this is very routine. (Sidenote: based on the filings I saw on Companies House, it appears that Lily and her father are the only people involved with the company—it doesn’t look like Rich’s family is associated at all.)

TLDR: there are many things that Lily does on a near-daily basis that we can make fun of. But based on my experience, setting up this company is nothing to write home about (even though I just wrote this whole post about it lol), nor is it suspicious. It’s routine advice that is given to business owners, startups, and beyond. (In fact I have seen other beauty YTers form their own companies for legal/business purposes—I wonder if they are getting this advice from their management or something?)

Sorry if I rambled a bit—I find it fascinating when this stuff comes up!
Very interesting! I found it again on Endole.. <a class="vglnk" href="https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/comp ... wn-limited" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>suite</span><span>.</span><span>endole</span><span>.</span><span>co</span><span>.</span><span>uk</span><span>/</span><span>insight</span><span>/</span><span>company</span><span>/</span><span>09469978</span><span>-</span><span>new</span><span>-</span><span>kid</span><span>-</span><span>in</span><span>-</span><span>town</span><span>-</span><span>limited</span></a>

Almost £300k in the year alone? I could be reading it wrong, but..[/quote]

If that's true...jeez. Makes her begging for free shit even more disgusting.

youtubeisnotajob
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubeisnotajob »

Wayne Goss is perfect
Now how do we make miss moanie watch it

rollingwaves
Learner
Learner

Post by rollingwaves »

TheChemist wrote:I can’t see where £300k is coming from?
As she’s a micro entity she doesn’t have to file a profit and loss statement which would show more what was coming in and going out.
Instead she just has a balance sheet which is more like a snapshot at a certain point in time - the P&L is a story of the year.
I’m sure there’s a lot more going on than we will ever see - her dad’s an accountant so will definitely advise her on the best treatment for her company

Yeah I was thinking the same. Balance sheet doesn’t give much insight into cash flows. This site also says that there’s approx 150k in liabilities. I would take these numbers with a huge grain of salt

smitten258
Debater
Debater

Post by smitten258 »

I recommend everyone to read the reply from the Hotel that Elle Derby contacted for a free stay.
Sums up what is wrong with the YouTube industry.
Lily should have a read too..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Funny how, regarding the Alumni of the Year thing, she keeps saying she's so proud, not that she's honoured that they're naming her Alumni of the Year. She acts like she truly deserves it more than anyone else. I wonder how Rich felt. From what she said, he sounded slightly salty.

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

i haven't watched wayne in ages but wow what a video. his accent seems different too.

Gingerfox
Learner
Learner

Post by Gingerfox »

Oh jeez, Lily is now posting on her Instagram stories that the humidifier is steaming up her windows "ruining" them - well duh! :roll:

She's like goldilocks or something - nothing is ever good enough for poor little Lily. Actually, at least goldilocks was able to find something that was just right in the end, unlike Lily!

Gingerfox
Learner
Learner

Post by Gingerfox »

smitten258 wrote:I recommend everyone to read the reply from the Hotel that Elle Derby contacted for a free stay.
Sums up what is wrong with the YouTube industry.
Lily should have a read too..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Oh wow, just read a news story about it - well done on the hotel for standing up to her and banning bloggers! Someone please send it to Lily!
:FU:

biggossipyswampy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by biggossipyswampy »

Sorry if this offends anyone but my kneejerk reflex 90% of the time these days is to want to tell her to go eat a bag of dicks in DM. But because I’m proper civilized with a grown-up dilapidated two-bedroom rental flat and obviously a hella massive success i refrain from contacting her with those instructions.

gretucci
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gretucci »

Gingerfox wrote:Oh jeez, Lily is now posting on her Instagram stories that the humidifier is steaming up her windows "ruining" them - well duh! :roll:

She's like goldilocks or something - nothing is ever good enough for poor little Lily. Actually, at least goldilocks was able to find something that was just right in the end, unlike Lily!
She wrote "after the AD I posted the other day" I must have missed the humidifier was an AD, I thought it was a pr gift. They arranged an AD that quickly? Now I'm thinking it was all planned from the beginning...

Also, she's complaining about possibly having to change her nephew's nappy and saying that it's fair she doesn't change any before she has her own children...um grow the fuck up Lily you're 30. And obviously she says "in case it happens Rich is going to do it" wow surprise. I hate her

mcsw
Talker
Talker

Post by mcsw »

The ad reference was about something she misinterpreted on the tube.
I so agree about the nappy situation. I feel like I even changed a nappy as a kid?! What’s wrong with it and why is she so above it all?

gretucci
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gretucci »

mcsw wrote:The ad reference was about something she misinterpreted on the tube.
I so agree about the nappy situation. I feel like I even changed a nappy as a kid?! What’s wrong with it and why is she so above it all?
Ahh thanks got it

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

didnt she already have nieces and nephews before this? she never babysat?

Pearljammer
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Pearljammer »

Oh god, here comes the Dehumidifier advert from Phillips....

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurubydaygossiperby »

I know I have said it before but she is just so fucking insufferable. Yes, good Aunties change nappies without complaint because they love their niece/nephew and want them to be comfortable. As an Auntie myself I really do not understand her moaning about spending the day with her sister's children. That is her family, isn't family "so important" to her?! I think she is jealous of her niece/nephews since she isn't the baby of the family anymore (and how fucked is that!) I'm super excited to spend the day with my niece/nephew, my Husband and I spoil them whenever we are in town ... we spend the entire days with them going to the zoo, planetarium, parks, movies, horseback riding, swimming, etc. That is the fun of being an Auntie, you have nothing but fun all day, fill them with cheeseburgers and ice cream, then drop them off to Mum & Dad. Seriously what is there to moan about?!
Your an Auntie Lily, if you cannot handle that then how the fuck do you think you're ever going to handle being a Mum ... Rich cannot do it all for you lol

Sybil Vane
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sybil Vane »

Proud Lily, Moanin' moanin' moanin' on a river of PR goodies - Lily Pebbles Part 6 :roll:

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

glamdamage wrote:
Gingerfox wrote:Oh jeez, Lily is now posting on her Instagram stories that the humidifier is steaming up her windows "ruining" them - well duh! :roll:

She wrote "after the AD I posted the other day" I must have missed the humidifier was an AD, I thought it was a pr gift. They arranged an AD that quickly? Now I'm thinking it was all planned from the beginning...

Also, she's complaining about possibly having to change her nephew's nappy and saying that it's fair she doesn't change any before she has her own children...um grow the fuck up Lily you're 30. And obviously she says "in case it happens Rich is going to do it" wow surprise. I hate her
She seriously said that? Jesus, I changed a nappy for the first time at age seven and I don't even know if I want children. Of course she'd make it about herself and her own disgust and not the comfort and hygiene of a baby :roll:

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

holly golightly wrote:
glamdamage wrote:

She seriously said that? Jesus, I changed a nappy for the first time at age seven and I don't even know if I want children. Of course she'd make it about herself and her own disgust and not the comfort and hygiene of a baby :roll:
I helped my mom change my brother's diapers when I was 5 and like you, I don't know if I even want kids in the future. How did she get away with like 7 years of having nieces and nephews and not changing diapers? How does she keep talking about having kids in the future when she refuses to change her nephews'? She's going to be so much more insufferable when she has kids, if that's even possible. Poor Rich.

gretucci
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gretucci »

holly golightly wrote:
glamdamage wrote:

Yeah she bragged about having a few nephews/niece and managing to avoid changing a nappy this whole time :roll: Very mature

Return to “Lily Pebbles”