Phil Defranco (reporter & organizer extraordinaire) -part 3

Re: Phil Defranco (reporter & organizer extraordinaire) -part 3

Post by Guest »

Soooo, he's fine for youtubers to advertise toward kids without anyone stepping in??? He's a real puzzlement, that one. But then he pimps his own kids out for views, so I'm not surprised. He's just mad that he won't be able to do that anymore without a bit more scrutiny.

Post by Guest »

This thread is dead lol.

I rarely watch this arrogant chump - but I did watch his Convo with SimplySmugLogical, and couldn't believe just how much he admits to being a lazy fuck, and basically said he just comes up with the ideas, and gets everyone else to schedule it and arrange it, and just tells him when to show up. That's it. That's the most he puts in. Yet he is praised and lauded like a savior of internet news? lmfao.

He's on the same level as Shane Dawson, just not as unhygienic. I can't stand that greed and laziness that has driven so many long time youtubers.

Billyvalentine92
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Billyvalentine92 »

Weird flex but OK.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Really weird

hailthesnails
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hailthesnails »

Looked at his videos today and noticed he's getting lower viewership. It's usually 1 million views but there are videos that are consistently below that mark. I saw a comment up on here that people are leaving his company, perhaps that's why? Also noticed he advertised his other channels in his first video back from vacation, bad sign for his "news" channel?

SunnyDays
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SunnyDays »

His employees usually leave his company because he's an asshole...

Post by Guest »

Hypocrite. As if he himself hasn't said shit things online?

Post by Guest »

Why does he get such low views for someone with 6 million subs? He barely ever breaks 1 million views per video. His sub count also doesnt seem to be growing.

Post by Guest »

Piedpiper2 wrote: Why does he get such low views for someone with 6 million subs? He barely ever breaks 1 million views per video. His sub count also doesnt seem to be growing.
He posts 4 days a week about current events, makes sense that people following him for news might only want to tune in on certain days

sugar_n_spice
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sugar_n_spice »

Did anyone else see that Phil has a cameo page? On there you can request "celebrities" to send a short personalized video message for a birthday, graduation or a general shout out. He charges $500 per request. What a joke lmao. That's more than what most mainstream celebrities charge on there.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I've gotta say. I stopped following Phil 4 years ago because he
1. Refused to denounce Trump and the alt right in any way
2. He was so petty and mean to anyone who criticised him on social media

I've started watching him again and I must admit I haven't deep-dived but I FEEL like those two things have now gotten less? He seems comfortable speaking out against Trump and social injustice now, even if it loses him viewers, and he seems a lot less petty to other people. Glad to see it.

Still not sure why he needed so much Patreon money to essentially keep making the same videos (I still believe all he was trying to do was make bank off people's mistrust of the media and what was or wasn't true), and would still like to see him honestly address his own past antics like telling a young black girl her life was meaningless (or something like that) compared to his, for telling him to butt out of black issues... but I'll take progress at any capacity I guess?
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

time and year
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by time and year »

I cant stand understand why he is popular, his videos are like 50 % sponsorship ads lol

AmyFarrahFowler
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by AmyFarrahFowler »

His wife is a twat

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Apparently he's now beefing with Ethan Klein.

(I just wanna add in for context that Trisha's reason for bringing up Phil's weight was that she feels that male commentators on YouTube (including Phil) feel free to comment on women who "don't look the same as in their photoshoots" but don't wanna call out their buddies for the same thing. It's still never right to call anyone fat, but her point was 'you are fine humiliating me or Tana or any other girl for looking fatter or less pretty without makeup or photoshop, but you have nothing to say about your friends'.)
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

fluffer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by fluffer »

DaylightAmy wrote:
> I've gotta say. I stopped following Phil 4 years ago because he
> 1. Refused to denounce Trump and the alt right in any way
> 2. He was so petty and mean to anyone who criticised him on social media
>
> I've started watching him again and I must admit I haven't deep-dived but I
> FEEL like those two things have now gotten less? He seems comfortable
> speaking out against Trump and social injustice now, even if it loses him
> viewers, and he seems a lot less petty to other people. Glad to see it.
>
> Still not sure why he needed so much Patreon money to essentially keep
> making the same videos (I still believe all he was trying to do was make
> bank off people's mistrust of the media and what was or wasn't true), and
> would still like to see him honestly address his own past antics like
> telling a young black girl her life was meaningless (or something like
> that) compared to his, for telling him to butt out of black issues... but
> I'll take progress at any capacity I guess?

I don't follow very many yters on social media so I don't see a lot of their petty behaviour, but I also stopped watching him a while ago because of his refusal to denounce Trump and the alt-right. He was a centrist and kept trying to play devil's advocate, didn't want to pick a side to alienate any of his fanbase. It annoyed the fuck out of me, especially since I'm a poc. I didn't know about him telling a young black girl her life was meaningless compared to his. That's beyond fucked.

I agree with you in saying that at least the first one happens less though. I started watching him again a few months ago and he said something along the lines of feeling regretful about his political stance/ no longer being able to do what he used to do and not choose a side, especially when one is actively harming people.

His clickbait titles and thumbnails are still annoying, but I'm used to it at this point. Also the beef with Ethan and Trisha is over. I didn't even know about the beef until I scrolled to the comments on one of his videos where he promoted Ethan's podcast/ video about James Charles (I think?), and people were talking about the beef.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I've unfollowed/unsubbed again because of the situation with Trisha and Ethan LOL. I don't get how you can be on the internet as long as Phil and still be so vile and nasty as a knee-jerk response when your feelings get hurt. Not saying Trisha wasn't out of line... just that it appears Phil's reflex to any level if discomfort still seems to be being harsh, petty and immature.
fluffer wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:22 pm
I don't follow very many yters on social media so I don't see a lot of their petty behaviour, but I also stopped watching him a while ago because of his refusal to denounce Trump and the alt-right. He was a centrist and kept trying to play devil's advocate, didn't want to pick a side to alienate any of his fanbase. It annoyed the fuck out of me, especially since I'm a poc. I didn't know about him telling a young black girl her life was meaningless compared to his. That's beyond fucked.
That's exactly it. He REFUSED to denounce Trump, kept saying "vote independent", kept confirming that voting for Hillary was extremely bad and also spun SEVERAL alt-right narratives (particularly about mainstream media - very convenient for Phil). I'm glad he's changed but I'm still a little bummed that he owns none of what he did there. He empowered a lot of idiots and stopped a lot of good influence that year. He wants all the power but none of the accountability.

Return to “Phil DeFranco / SourceFed / TheDeFrancoFam”