Stephanie Soo

youngcheddar
Learner
Learner

Re: Stephanie Soo

Post by youngcheddar »

ridethewaves wrote:If anyone is looking up to a mukbanger then they got more problems than that. Everyone knows mukbangs are extreme so why would they be imitated or make others feel bad? I call bs. It's not stephanie's responsibility
I think people like food challenges including mukbangs because they allow viewers to live vicariously through the youtuber and have a grand indulgence. However, some of this appeal is lost when the videos are inauthentic, e.g. when people fake 10,000 calorie challenges. Perhaps that is why inauthentic, e.g. deliberately misleading volumes of food are not in good faith with what mukbang is.

I suspect Stephanie feels pigeonholed as a mukbanger when all she wants to do is vlog for validation. She never has anything interesting to say about the food itself and seems to drag a storytime through the meal. She totally lacks personality or interests/hobbies or creativity to carry a channel otherwise.

As if the troll of this board, Stephanie seems to have quite a few non-North American/non-primarily English speaking viewers follow her....in that context she seems like a loud, fun American. I find that some people from this demographic can be especially fanatical about their idols. Or it could be Rui, who also fits this profile ;)

dmu1
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by dmu1 »

Stephanie is so happy that Sas and Veronica are recieving hates. This is totally expected as she likes to fit into the bigger crowd/popular group. I laughed so hard when people comment on how “mature,” “real,” and “kind” she is compared to the other mukbangers. But she’s just another psycho. She would be even more dramatic than Veronica. People are so easily fooled.

Stephanie is someone that you do not want to be friends with. Instead of standing up for her friends or be there for them when they’re in trouble, she just leaves them.

Loopdoops
Debater
Debater

Post by Loopdoops »

dmu1 wrote:Stephanie is so happy that Sas and Veronica are recieving hates. This is totally expected as she likes to fit into the bigger crowd/popular group. I laughed so hard when people comment on how “mature,” “real,” and “kind” she is compared to the other mukbangers. But she’s just another psycho. She would be even more dramatic than Veronica. People are so easily fooled.

Stephanie is someone that you do not want to be friends with. Instead of standing up for her friends or be there for them when they’re in trouble, she just leaves them.
But truly, that Veronica girl is quite unhinged. She sounded so maniacal telling kids to go to bed on her instalive. Maybe Stephanie hides behind a loud and bubbly facade, but Veronica doesn’t even care if she shows it. She’s unraveling and showing entitlement without remorse.

konagirl
Informer
Informer

Post by konagirl »

dmu1 wrote:Stephanie is so happy that Sas and Veronica are recieving hates. This is totally expected as she likes to fit into the bigger crowd/popular group. I laughed so hard when people comment on how “mature,” “real,” and “kind” she is compared to the other mukbangers. But she’s just another psycho. She would be even more dramatic than Veronica. People are so easily fooled.

M'eh, I disagree with this personally. While I'm sure that Stephanie doesn't make a great friend, I don't think the example above is a good illustration of why. I actually think the way she handled it, at least publicly, was exactly the right thing to do.

Veronica was completely in the wrong and continues to spiral down a road of making things worse for herself by lying, attacking others, and taking no accountability for her own actions. What is their for Stephanie to stand up for?

Stephanie stated from the start (even before the copystrike stuff) that she was in support of Shookbang's videos. To turn around and support Veronica now would just be hypocritical.

A true friend shouldn't just take your side even when you're clearly in the wrong. That's called being an enabler.

This entire mess could have been avoided for Veronica if she would have just owned up and apologized - but she seems incapable of doing so.
*All my comments are opinions and for entertainment purposes ONLY!

sarah890xo
Talker
Talker

Post by sarah890xo »

I don't see her making the food look larger than what it is a problem. One thing I think a lot of people get irritated about is the amount of food wasted in mukbangs (at least that bothers me). If Stephanie can do videos with modest portions but still satisfy viewers with the look of the food appearing larger in quantity, I don't see a problem. Don't mean to defend her, but saying it's "deceiving" to her audience is a stretch. I rather mukbangers care about their health then to display a bunch of food that doesn't even get touched.

Salinabish
Learner
Learner

Post by Salinabish »

She doesn't put a disclaimer and continues to pretend like there is more food than in reality is actually DECEIVING. Doesn't matter what your opinion is but what she is doing is in fact DECEIVING.

konagirl
Informer
Informer

Post by konagirl »

sarah890xo wrote:I don't see her making the food look larger than what it is a problem. One thing I think a lot of people get irritated about is the amount of food wasted in mukbangs (at least that bothers me). If Stephanie can do videos with modest portions but still satisfy viewers with the look of the food appearing larger in quantity, I don't see a problem. Don't mean to defend her, but saying it's "deceiving" to her audience is a stretch. I rather mukbangers care about their health then to display a bunch of food that doesn't even get touched.
Making a Mukbang with modest portions is perfectly fine - at least to me. The problem is that's not what Stephanie is claiming to do. The sheer fact that she constantly says every item she has in front of her is "ginormous" and "massive," and "huge," when in reality it isn't -- that's the definition of deceptive.

ridethewaves
Learner
Learner

Post by ridethewaves »

Yall nitpick the littlest things :rofl:

seoulseekers
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by seoulseekers »

Veronica later cleared up the air about Stephanie’s support, stating something along the lines that she was wrong for saying Stephanie supported her decision and that Stephanie just supported her as a friend.

I don’t watch her for the eating, I just put her on as background noise while doing housework. I don’t mind the portions that she eats since she does film a mukbang every day ( anything to get that “shmoney” :roll: ). The fact that she is constantly stating about how much food that they’re eating is deceiving. She’s blatantly lying.

Also, if she’s gonna pull stories from Reddit, murders, and mysteries, can she at least pick stories that haven’t been already talked about by a million other youtubers?

konagirl
Informer
Informer

Post by konagirl »

^Oh, the irony!

rctvb
Stalker
Stalker

Post by rctvb »

I used to watch Stephanie everyday but recently her content has gotten so predictable and boring. I can't be bothered to count but she's probably made more than 10 vids in a row about conspiracy theories/murder mysteries. Mukbangs are supposed to imitate eating with another person. Who wants to listen to poorly told law and order stories every single day?? I'd rather just watch the damn show than listen to someone take 40 mins to get the the p o i n t.

Also the sponsorships have gotten so out of hand. It's like she takes every single one that is offered to her. And it's clear that she has a young and impressionable audience and that her fans really trust her and everything she says. A damn shame.

Your_not_dany
Learner
Learner

Post by Your_not_dany »

Yea, same. Tbh I think that’s why her following never really grows because she not really switching anything up. Also with the sponsorships I was thinking the same thing too. She loves to bash on other YouTubers and instagramers that that take every sponsorship and loves to say that she only takes the ones that suit her channel . But if that was true she wouldn’t be taking sponsorships from fashion Nova and makeup brands.

Also I found it really funny a while ago when she was on JKNews they were talking about materialistic people and how much they hate them, i don’t think they realized that steph was one of those people, but she did because she sat there quietly with nothing to say but when they moved on she was all happy y’all again lol

Samxkx3
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Samxkx3 »

I don’t think the way the food looks or her saying “ginormous” and “huge” really matter because typically for mukbangs, you want to see a variety or large sums of food. Just makes it look more appealing so I can see why she exaggerates it.

But today I was pretty disappointed with her Amanda Knox video. I like watching the consipiracy theories/murder mysteries because it’s just easier to listen while working on things simultaneously than to read articles. But from former years, i studied the Amanda Knox case and she left out so many details and kind of ruined the case. So I’m starting to doubt her other stories. Seems like she reads one article or two and thinks she knows everything.

Also, I was watching her spicy rice cakes video and I saw her take some rice cakes a couple of times and then set it down and then continued talking about the case and then takes some more rice cakes. She didn’t eat the ones she set down. So it seems like she doesn’t eat a lot, she just takes some, puts it down, and then talks, and takes more and it looks like she ate it.

ameeramsahal
Stalker
Stalker

Post by ameeramsahal »

Does anyone remember the video where she talked about someone breaking into her apartment and sexually assaulting her?

x_bubba
Debater
Debater

Post by x_bubba »

Samxkx3 wrote:I don’t think the way the food looks or her saying “ginormous” and “huge” really matter because typically for mukbangs, you want to see a variety or large sums of food. Just makes it look more appealing so I can see why she exaggerates it.

But today I was pretty disappointed with her Amanda Knox video. I like watching the consipiracy theories/murder mysteries because it’s just easier to listen while working on things simultaneously than to read articles. But from former years, i studied the Amanda Knox case and she left out so many details and kind of ruined the case. So I’m starting to doubt her other stories. Seems like she reads one article or two and thinks she knows everything.

Also, I was watching her spicy rice cakes video and I saw her take some rice cakes a couple of times and then set it down and then continued talking about the case and then takes some more rice cakes. She didn’t eat the ones she set down. So it seems like she doesn’t eat a lot, she just takes some, puts it down, and then talks, and takes more and it looks like she ate it.
But, huge and ginormous doesn't equal to variety. Tbh, she doesn't need to exaggerate anything when we can clearly see what food she's presenting. She exaggerates these things to "imply" that it's a huge serving size rather than the kinds of food she has in front of her. Just take a look at her recent 20 mukbang videos.

LOL I saw that too! She did the same thing with her recent Chipotle mukbang too where she took a burrito, took a bite and set it down, talked some more, picked up a new burrito. That's deception.

Post by Guest »

x_bubba wrote:
Samxkx3 wrote:I don’t think the way the food looks or her saying “ginormous” and “huge” really matter because typically for mukbangs, you want to see a variety or large sums of food. Just makes it look more appealing so I can see why she exaggerates it.

But, huge and ginormous doesn't equal to variety. Tbh, she doesn't need to exaggerate anything when we can clearly see what food she's presenting. She exaggerates these things to "imply" that it's a huge serving size rather than the kinds of food she has in front of her. Just take a look at her recent 20 mukbang videos.

LOL I saw that too! She did the same thing with her recent Chipotle mukbang too where she took a burrito, took a bite and set it down, talked some more, picked up a new burrito. That's deception.

This is why I stopped watching her before the Veronica drama. Her repeated reddit stories just drag on and on where she takes forever to get to the point and it's not really a mukbang anymore if she talks more than she actually eats. Now that people are noticing, it makes me feel less crazy about why I felt so annoyed with Stephanie to begin with. I try to avoid eating unhealthy high calorie meals so watching other people eat it all is satisfying for me. It helps curb my cravings because I eat with my eyes lol. Stephanie doesn't check off that list for me because she isn't really eating anything so her yammering on and on is just grating my nerves.

gossipg610
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gossipg610 »

grace0598 wrote:I came across this website and thread a few days ago while I was searching around to find out more info on Stephanie's fiance. And I'm so thankful I found this thread with so many other people calling Stephanie out. I used to really like Stephanie but the more and more I watched her, the more annoyed I got with her. She seems like a really nice person and so I felt like I was just trying to find something wrong with her... But finding this thread and other people who feel the same as me is amazing. The biggest thing that bothers me about Stephanie is that she ALWAYS has to mention something about money... Whether she's buying $5 novelties at the dollar store or a $5000 camera, she never fails to mention the price tag which is SO off-putting and tacky. And I think it really shows her materialistic side... It's one thing to have nice things but it's a completely different thing to constantly brag about how much everything cost. Another thing that bothers me about her is her forced sense of humor. I totally love crude and inappropriate humor but Stephanie thinks making penis references is what her audience enjoys... And I don't know about you, but I can't stand it. Not only is it immature and unnecessary but it's just honestly not funny. I wish Stephanie was more self-aware and willing to be the best version of herself because I think she has a lot of potential.
I'm new here! But I was searching around online and he definitely seems controlling. He works for Harry Winston in Beverly Hills, but never shows his face because h'd be in big trouble. There's no way a respectable jewelry company would want someone's hoe girlfriend shaking her thang on youtube. She used to be cute, but she is definitely annoying now. I also did some digging and through friends of friends who knew Stephanie said she's a back stabbing B**. :roll:

gossipg610
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gossipg610 »

This is soooo true! She left Alex, the ex coworker she talked about in her first videos, and a lot of other people! And she alwayyyyyys shows herself as the victim. She definitely ditches when she's used them all up. She's a horrible person.

curistul
Stalker
Stalker

Post by curistul »

omg i cant ...
[youtube][/youtube]

imeneimene777
Learner
Learner

Post by imeneimene777 »

she butchered that Amanda case in her Mukbang or thb it became a shit show, she watched a video or two and she thinks she knows everything about the case, not only she didn't mention a lot of details but on top of that says that Amanda and Rafael are innocent , but they were just acting crazy and the general public over analyze their behaviors. If I was Meredith's families I would sue her ass, she have no respect eating and laughing for 50 mn straight while talking about rape and murderer.

Return to “Stephanie Soo”