V0guinglala
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: pewdiepie - Part 2

Post by V0guinglala »

Minatay91 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:34 pm
He's back.sorry to backtrack on the issue,but I Wonder whatever happened to the break in in his Japanese house. Like, I dunno, Japan would have been one of the least likely places I felt that his house would be robbed...
Over at Marzia's board, some of us have a little conspiracy going that he lied to his audience about it being the Japan residence in order to keep attention off of the UK flat it probably took place in (my guess is too many people know where his properties are in England)

I'm not exactly sure what would be the real logic behind that, but nothing adds up if it took place in Japan.

They had just bought the place then left, but Marzia stated in her story that 90% of her valuables and heirlooms were stolen. How would they have already transported a vast amount of property to a location across the globe that they weren't even living in? And a non-English speaking one at that.

Someone else mentioned on her board that it is pretty much impossible for homes to be burglarized in Japan, because 1) Unlike in the west, theft is a very serious crime there and extremely rare , and -
2) Every home comes equipped with a state of the art security system, and luxury homes have the best in the world. It's not like over here where lots of properties don't have them until a new owner installs it or replaces an old one.

Then lastly, on a video a few months ago, Felix said while in the UK "Don't worry guys - the burglary is situation is under control. We're talking to the police about it"
Unless you speak good Japanese, you cannot effectively communicate with the police there, especially if you are not there to represent yourself in person. So unless he specifically hired a translator to take care of it all while he was back in the UK, this part doesn't make any sense.

The only plausible situation I could think of is if he hired a sort of property manager to be there and accept packages and large deliveries after they left (basically to help them move in while they're back in the UK) And maybe this person decided to turn on them...or perhaps their realtor slipped out too much information to the wrong person. :?:
But even then, there's still too many other factors that make it sound hard to believe.

Zamn
Debater
Debater

Post by Zamn »

The only thing that makes it easy to believe that it was infact in Japan is the fact that Felix said only Marzia had any personal items in the house, he mentioned he only had a bag with gym clothes in the location that got robbed.

I also could imagine is the fact that Marzia just exaggerated the whole situation to get attention and pity points, and she didn't lose 90% of her values.

I do agree with you though and I personally believe it was the house (in the UK) that got flooded during the same time. Maybe someone used the situation, I don't know.

aimzalicious_
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by aimzalicious_ »

Minatay91 wrote:

I swear, his videos are just half ass reaction videos ... I think he actually put more effort in his Minecraft saga😁
I miss the Minecraft saga days. I used to really look forward to it, I hate all the constant meme react videos.

That being said, I loved his recent Jake Paul video where he completely called Jake out and picked apart his "financial freedom" scam - this is why I miss Pew News. I love seeing Felix rip the shit out of people lol

Post by Guest »

aimzalicious_ wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:20 pm
Minatay91 wrote:

I swear, his videos are just half ass reaction videos ... I think he actually put more effort in his Minecraft saga😁
I miss the Minecraft saga days. I used to really look forward to it, I hate all the constant meme react videos.

That being said, I loved his recent Jake Paul video where he completely called Jake out and picked apart his "financial freedom" scam - this is why I miss Pew News. I love seeing Felix rip the shit out of people lol
Yeah same lol

Post by Guest »

Did anyone watch the new video of his?” I lied about going on a break” it’s deleted now I didn’t catch it

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

R_ming wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:48 am
Did anyone watch the new video of his?” I lied about going on a break” it’s deleted now I didn’t catch it
He apparently edited the video:
For everyone who's actually curious what was edited out of this video:
- All the Corona Virus Memes/Fan Arts
- Oldest man on earth dying (Article)
- Him reacting at an Article where the media smear him for joking about CV
(from his YT comment section)

Post by Guest »

Merpedy wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:57 am
R_ming wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:48 am
He apparently edited the video:
For everyone who's actually curious what was edited out of this video:
- All the Corona Virus Memes/Fan Arts
- Oldest man on earth dying (Article)
- Him reacting at an Article where the media smear him for joking about CV
(from his YT comment section)
Thanx

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Why did he take that stuff out though?

V0guinglala
Informer
Informer

Post by V0guinglala »

horatio wrote:Why did he take that stuff out though?
He said today he has to be really careful going into touchy subjects or else he could lose his ad revenue. Then again I don’t know why he really cares since he literally said a few videos ago that he could retire now if he wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

V0guinglala wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:46 pm
He said today he has to be really careful going into touchy subjects or else he could lose his ad revenue. Then again I don’t know why he really cares since he literally said a few videos ago that he could retire now if he wanted to.

Thanks for the reply. Surely he’s got more than enough to retire on and has done for years. That said, he may have far and away the most subs of any individual YouTuber but he probably doesn’t make anywhere near the most money. He doesn’t seems to do that many brand deals or ever be selling merch. Is that right ?

Minatay91
Learner
Learner

Post by Minatay91 »

V0guinglala wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:08 pm
Over at Marzia's board, some of us have a little conspiracy going that he lied to his audience about it being the Japan residence in order to keep attention off of the UK flat it probably took place in (my guess is too many people know where his properties are in England)

I'm not exactly sure what would be the real logic behind that, but nothing adds up if it took place in Japan.

They had just bought the place then left, but Marzia stated in her story that 90% of her valuables and heirlooms were stolen. How would they have already transported a vast amount of property to a location across the globe that they weren't even living in? And a non-English speaking one at that.

Someone else mentioned on her board that it is pretty much impossible for homes to be burglarized in Japan, because 1) Unlike in the west, theft is a very serious crime there and extremely rare , and -
2) Every home comes equipped with a state of the art security system, and luxury homes have the best in the world. It's not like over here where lots of properties don't have them until a new owner installs it or replaces an old one.

Then lastly, on a video a few months ago, Felix said while in the UK "Don't worry guys - the burglary is situation is under control. We're talking to the police about it"
Unless you speak good Japanese, you cannot effectively communicate with the police there, especially if you are not there to represent yourself in person. So unless he specifically hired a translator to take care of it all while he was back in the UK, this part doesn't make any sense.

The only plausible situation I could think of is if he hired a sort of property manager to be there and accept packages and large deliveries after they left (basically to help them move in while they're back in the UK) And maybe this person decided to turn on them...or perhaps their realtor slipped out too much information to the wrong person. :?:
But even then, there's still too many other factors that make it sound hard to believe.
Great points, i was really surprised he got robbed in Japan. It just sounds so... Baffling as to how or how anyone would dare to do it lol

@aimzadelicious

OMG me too!! I enjoyed watching it and I remembered my favorite video of Sven being dragged underwater... I looked forward and was really excited to follow the series,but it just ended badly. Ugh. I didn't like those building videos anymore and he just ended up putting cheap comedy about the creeper fricking, etc

Anyway he posted a video about his robbery... Unsure why it took him this long to post about it... Is he reading here? Lol
Will get back to this board after watching it.

Minatay91
Learner
Learner

Post by Minatay91 »

Is he trolling now in a different way? Or evading the issue by posting about philosopher instead?

The footage he put on his video, those are just random clips of robberies right?

garapoes
Learner
Learner

Post by garapoes »

Minatay91 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:06 am
The footage he put on his video, those are just random clips of robberies right?
I really don't know but I'm very curious
English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!

V0guinglala
Informer
Informer

Post by V0guinglala »

Given that the rest of the footage he used is clearly stock footage, I assume the "robbery" clips are too.

I just find it funny how he said in yesterday's video that he has to be careful about what subjects he broaches because it could cost him his ad revenue...but a few videos before that, he said he didn't need to keep his channel going because he could retire already. And now today he is extolling the virtues of living minimally without concern for material things, how he learned to let go of unnecessary items and dispose/sell them before they even got robbed.

It just sounds so hypocritical from him to make all of these contradictory statements in one week. Hopefully he wants to hoard all of this "ad revenue" in hopes of donating it or starting his own charitable organization or something.

But there is also the possibility that what really stresses him out is the backlash he may get online for saying something offensive, and he just cited "ad revenue" to not sound nearly as bothered by the media as he really is.

Zamn
Debater
Debater

Post by Zamn »

V0guinglala wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:47 am
But there is also the possibility that what really stresses him out is the backlash he may get online for saying something offensive, and he just cited "ad revenue" to not sound nearly as bothered by the media as he really is.
I think this is the most likely.

He seems to have a massive amount of pride and just admitting that the media attention does get to him at times doesn't seem to be a possibility for him.

In the video yesterday he had an almost empty bottle of whiskey on his desk and made jokes about it. From a guy who's had a seriousy drinking problem before, that can't be a good sign. Sometimes I do hope he is seeking help and is at least speaking to a therapist from time to time, but I highly doubt it.

shortstuf888
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shortstuf888 »

horatio wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:44 pm

He doesn’t seems to do that many brand deals or ever be selling merch. Is that right ?
I'm not sure if you watched his videos regularly in the past 2 years, but he constantly shilled his games or merch at the end of his videos.
I didn't mind it at first, but it was getting to the point that it seemed like all he wanted me to do was buy his stuff.

I have bought his merch and played his games, but other than the devoid content of meme review or LWIAY (which devolved into meme review 2.0) his videos turned into nothing but an ad for me before his break.

It is interesting that he is huge into Greek philosophy, considering how devoid of personality Marzia is.

Minatay91
Learner
Learner

Post by Minatay91 »

^ yeah he was aggressively "jokingly" marketing his name and merch... At least twice every video! The beginning is always clothes merch,and the end is always his game!

Yeah, I've never really seen anything interesting in Marzia,other than she has many insecurities (she claims that her tattoos represents her insecurities), pretends to be interesting or pretends to be into doing weird things 😂 but never fully completes any of her "projects" fully😂

Ashaki95
Learner
Learner

Post by Ashaki95 »

V0guinglala wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:46 pm

That robbery footage on his new video, the place looks poor and shit? It reminds me of my student house. Found that a bit odd.
Why would that be their house if they “make” so much.

(Haven’t finished watching the whole video tho)

V0guinglala
Informer
Informer

Post by V0guinglala »

Ashaki95 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:12 am

That robbery footage on his new video, the place looks poor and shit? It reminds me of my student house. Found that a bit odd.
Why would that be their house if they “make” so much.

(Haven’t finished watching the whole video tho)
I'm pretty sure that was staged stock footage of a burglary. I don't think he would be so dim as to insert something private like that into his video so 100 million viewers could see exactly what his house and front yard looks like. He is very private with his residences now and won't even do a tour of his new place in Japan.

Minatay91
Learner
Learner

Post by Minatay91 »

^ yeah I wondered that because in his footage in the video, he included his own personal clips too, but I'm 💯 with you on this one. It's definitely stock footage.

I wonder why he doesn't give any updates about his robbery. Usually people would update like "oh we found out who did it", "we got our stuff back" etc.

I have a feeling that break was also to help out sort with the "robbery" since he spent most of his time in Japan.

Return to “pewdiepie”