Thataylaa "15 Days of Foundation in My Hair" pt 2

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Thataylaa "15 Days of Foundation in My Hair" pt 2

Post by ColdOne »

It's one thing to have a well-curated IG feed, but it's another to solely post selfies. Why would I want to follow that? It doesn't show any of her interests or personality. I don't follow anyone just to see their face

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

I just went to look--seems her "theme" is basic goth bitch. Black & orange, spooooopy

Stacie Anne
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Stacie Anne »

She seems more ‘try hard minimalist’ in a similar way to Rachel Aust, but fails ben harder than Rachel does. Not so much ‘goth’, just wears black because it’s the ‘in’ thing at the moment.
A pain in the arse, basically. But I agree, I can’t find a single trace of a theme on her IG. Wonder what she has planned for it.

-n3rvacid-
Talker
Talker

Post by -n3rvacid- »

She reminds me of the "goth" girl in high school that brags about how unique she is

Even though if you throw a rock with the strength of a baby you're bound to hit at least five of them.

soundofsilence
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soundofsilence »

The only theme in her IG is that her face is in every photo. :roll:

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

What the hell is the point of taking something that wreaks as much havoc on your system as Accutane if you don't even take care of your skin and slather nasty greasy 7-eleven BB cream on it

This same shade (lightest) was only slightly too light on Safiya in her video and while taylor complains that it is "at LEAST three shades too dark" it clearly matches her fine. She can fuck off with her pale princess bullshit, who cares Taylor.

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Green Eyed Gemini »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:What the hell is the point of taking something that wreaks as much havoc on your system as Accutane if you don't even take care of your skin and slather nasty greasy 7-eleven BB cream on it

This same shade (lightest) was only slightly too light on Safiya in her video and while taylor complains that it is "at LEAST three shades too dark" it clearly matches her fine. She can fuck off with her pale princess bullshit, who cares Taylor.

Yeah when she said that, I was thinking, dang your lights must be SUPER bright if that’s true! I also thought she looked dumb with a shiny forehead and matte everywhere else (when she first mentioned leaving her forehead shiny and had just powdered her forehead, you could clearly see that the rest of her face was darker from the powder. It looked so dumb). And what was the point of this video if she didn’t even do a wear test? Pretty pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

If her bullshit about her camera making dark foundation look brighter were true, you would still be able to see a discrepancy between her neck and her face. She's full of it

soundofsilence
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soundofsilence »

Taylor on the 7-eleven shadows: "Not the easiest to work with but you can make 'em work. I think I blended for 15-20 minutes."
Great. Just what we all want. Gonna run out to 7-eleven right now. :roll:
Taylor, please stop reviewing products that are obviously going to be shit.

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

Dude. No wonder her skin is a fucking wreck. She started breaking out on her hand from the swatch, but still she continued to slather it on her face. She doesnt deserve clear skin.

tatortot20093
Learner
Learner

Post by tatortot20093 »

She drives me friggin nuts with her “I’m so pale I’m so different” BS.

Taylor, there a people who ACTUALLY struggle to EVER find a half-way decent foundation match. You CONSTANTLY find pretty dang close if not great matches and you just can’t accept that you’re not the snow queen you want to be. It’s old, it’s annoying...move on.

-n3rvacid-
Talker
Talker

Post by -n3rvacid- »

tatortot20093 wrote:She drives me friggin nuts with her “I’m so pale I’m so different” BS.

Taylor, there a people who ACTUALLY struggle to EVER find a half-way decent foundation match. You CONSTANTLY find pretty dang close if not great matches and you just can’t accept that you’re not the snow queen you want to be. It’s old, it’s annoying...move on.
I found her because I thought she and I were the same shade... Boy was I wrong. Foundation is pretty hard to match for basically everyone, but since my skin is super sensitive to the sun... I literally look like a piece of paper. All her "perfect" matches were at least 5 shades too dark on me. Kat Von D L42 and Fenty 100 are the only perfect matches I have. She is nowhere near as pale as she says she is if she can wear Too Faced BTW in Snow or the Pur foundation in Porcelain.

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

I don't understand these gurus who try new makeup and don't do a wear test. How the hell is that helpful to me? How hard is it to do one or two check ins later and add that to your video?

LOL that the shade was "3 shades too dark." Sure, Jan.

That she didn't even try the yellow highlighter on her face even after admitting that the orange one showed up nothing like it did in the pan. Yes, let's ignore the other side because it looks funny even though you're testing makeup from a gas station. We draw the line at yellow highlighter, apparently.

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

FFL wrote:I don't understand these gurus who try new makeup and don't do a wear test. How the hell is that helpful to me? How hard is it to do one or two check ins later and add that to your video?

LOL that the shade was "3 shades too dark." Sure, Jan.

That she didn't even try the yellow highlighter on her face even after admitting that the orange one showed up nothing like it did in the pan. Yes, let's ignore the other side because it looks funny even though you're testing makeup from a gas station. We draw the line at yellow highlighter, apparently.
Yesss!!! Agree with everything you said this video was definitely lazy and half-assed. Guess she was more concerned about getting it up before too many other people did instead of making it useful and worthwhile.

soundofsilence
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Thataylaa

Post by soundofsilence »

prettylights92 wrote:Dude. No wonder her skin is a fucking wreck. She started breaking out on her hand from the swatch, but still she continued to slather it on her face. She doesnt deserve clear skin.
Seriously. -__- She treats her skin like absolute crap.

modernrenaissance
Talker
Talker

Post by modernrenaissance »

Lol when she rolls her eyes while talking about the correct Tarte concealer name pronunciation and people correcting her on it... I’m sure it didn’t bother her that much but her attitude comes off so haughty. That’s the perfect word for Taylor imo. Haughty

marshmellyx3
Informer
Informer

Post by marshmellyx3 »

modernrenaissance wrote:Lol when she rolls her eyes while talking about the correct Tarte concealer name pronunciation and people correcting her on it... I’m sure it didn’t bother her that much but her attitude comes off so haughty. That’s the perfect word for Taylor imo. Haughty
she's so fucking arrogant and better than everyone else clearly. Like I'm sorry but if you're a beauty guru maybe you should make sure you're saying the correct name. But god forbid anyone correct the precious tenderflake. :roll:

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

marshmellyx3 wrote:
modernrenaissance wrote:Lol when she rolls her eyes while talking about the correct Tarte concealer name pronunciation and people correcting her on it... I’m sure it didn’t bother her that much but her attitude comes off so haughty. That’s the perfect word for Taylor imo. Haughty
she's so fucking arrogant and better than everyone else clearly. Like I'm sorry but if you're a beauty guru maybe you should make sure you're saying the correct name. But god forbid anyone correct the precious tenderflake. :roll:
Right!? And the fact that she compared it to the to-may-to/to-mah-to debate. Like no honey, there’s only one way to pronounce maracuja and you pronounced it wrong. And you got called out for it.

GaroMaster
Learner
Learner

Post by GaroMaster »

I just watched her November Raves and Rejects and got to the maracuja part - is this bitch for real? Maracuja and marajuca aren't tow-may-toe/tow-mah-toe. A word with one spelling but different pronunciations isn't the same as switching the letters around in your mind. Her mispronunciation was just a case of laziness and ignorance, and instead of just owning it and saying, "Sorry guys, my mistake," she rolls her eyes like the overgrown high-schooler she is and tries to play it off as a matter of alternate pronunciation. Yeah, I guess, if you're ignorant and stupid.

I have that Taura lipstick and smell nothing when I put it on. Maybe it's because I'm not shoving it up my nostril like a three year old or huffing it, but it's really not as serious as Taylor wants it to be.

I was also confused when she was talking about the CYO foundation - she says it's too light for her but that she likes mixing it with other foundations to lighten it and make it skin-like and dewy. I didn't think she meant lightening the consistency because she said on its own, it's not enough coverage (like she says about every foundation), so maybe she meant to say it was too dark. Who knows with her.

But what I do know is that, while it can be difficult to match yourself to foundation, this girl seems like she's got absolutely no idea what the fuck she's doing. I've never watched anyone else who has this much trouble pegging down what their actual skin tone is and constantly has to mix shit to get not only the right color, but the right coverage, because apparently every single foundation on the market that claims to be full coverage is actually medium coverage, at best. Best kept secret in the industry and Taylor cracked the case. :roll:

Stacie Anne
Debater
Debater

Post by Stacie Anne »

Swapping letters around when reading/speaking is a sign of dyslexia so it very well could be she’s dyslexic and doesn’t know or doesn’t want to says I constantly muddle my letters & say shit wrong when reading, I can’t help it one little bit.
But y’know, seeing how Taylor reacts to basically everything, this could just be another case of her being a div.

Return to “ThaTaylaa / Taylor Wynn”