BeckieJBrown you can change your name but not your personali

Forum rules
FYI: This is a place for criticism, mainly used by viewers who can't voice their opinions in the comments section without being attacked by Beckie's fans.

Re: BeckieJBrown you can change your name but not your perso

Post by Guest »

Have any of you seen her new post on Tumblr titled "Questions"? She talks about wanting a life long partner, but not get married. Or spend any real time together. Or have sex. Or live together. Or sleep together in the same bed or even in the same room.
She's basically saying, that she wants a boyfriend, but doesn't actually want to have anything to do with said boyfriend and she still doesn't get why she's single??

Baudrillard
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Baudrillard »

Downonthecorner wrote:Have any of you seen her new post on Tumblr titled "Questions"? She talks about wanting a life long partner, but not get married. Or spend any real time together. Or have sex. Or live together. Or sleep together in the same bed or even in the same room.
She's basically saying, that she wants a boyfriend, but doesn't actually want to have anything to do with said boyfriend and she still doesn't get why she's single??
So... an acquaintance?

Does she even know what a relationship is? How having a boyfriend/girlfriend works? I mean, obviously you don't need to see each other daily, marriage isn't required, even sex is optional (I have asexual friends who are in happy relationships) but fucking hell... Good luck finding a boyfriend, Beckie.

I bet if she did find someone who 'fit' what she wants, she'd complain that they never do anything or that he's distant. It sounds to me like she just wants someone who's around to fund her hoarding habit and validate her BS. :roll:

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

I rewatched some older videos and we are pretty used to her strangeness now but I sometimes forget how off she really is. I don't even mean to make fun of her by writing this but like every single concept about the world, herself, mental illnesses she gets so absolutely wrong. And I do think she fell through the system when she was young, because she is basically antisocial. She has so many messed up behaviours and coping strategies that it's a wonder that she functioning at all. And I really think getting attention on youtube in such a young age messed with her even more. She never had to deal with real people because she got the internet. She has no idea how relationships of any kind work. You can see that she got 'more normal' during uni. Of course she suffered during that because her coping strategies for stressful and new situation are really bad, but if she stayed in a 'real world situation' with responsibilites etc she could have turned out fine. Instead she is hiding in her online world. That's why she's making so many boring videos about the most mudane things - her world is really really small.

I also rewatched the "mystery diagnosis" video and it's so so so clear what she was diagnosed with. Instead of trying to help herself - there are ways to do it - she moans about how she doesn't get emergency therapy. And yet, even though she knows how long waiting lists are, she doesn't get herself put on one. She also 'hates' counseling. What kind of cure does she want?

Also I feel her reconnecting with church - if she goes through with her beliefs - will make her even more disconnected from reality. On the other hand, I think she mentioned that in a comment that was posted here as a screenshot, she is again doing something with the only purpose of benefitting from it. She is not there to learn about god or church but to make good things happen and to meet a husband. I mean, in the end we all do things that we think will benefit us in some way but she is so egocentric about it. Like another user here mentioned - did she bake for church group yet? She wants, she moans, she takes. She never gives anything to anyone.

About the whole boyfriend thing - I think it's just another quick fix for her. She thinks if she has a boyfriend, a job and a house, all her problems will magically go away.

Cuthere__
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cuthere__ »

She wants to say she’s in a relationship without the relationship bit, she wants a socially acceptable Santa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

HippoFriend wrote:I rewatched some older videos and we are pretty used to her strangeness now but I sometimes forget how off she really is. I don't even mean to make fun of her by writing this but like every single concept about the world, herself, mental illnesses she gets so absolutely wrong. And I do think she fell through the system when she was young, because she is basically antisocial. She has so many messed up behaviours and coping strategies that it's a wonder that she functioning at all. And I really think getting attention on youtube in such a young age messed with her even more. She never had to deal with real people because she got the internet. She has no idea how relationships of any kind work. You can see that she got 'more normal' during uni. Of course she suffered during that because her coping strategies for stressful and new situation are really bad, but if she stayed in a 'real world situation' with responsibilites etc she could have turned out fine. Instead she is hiding in her online world. That's why she's making so many boring videos about the most mudane things - her world is really really small.
I think you're absolutely right. She never seemed to have a lot of friends or join in on social activities while growing up, like an after school club or sports. It seems as if she's never been a part of a team or a group, where she would build her social skills and relationships. If the majority of her social interactions growing up was online, she would have never really learned how to act in an actual physical social setting with eye contact, body language and tone of voice (<---
I'm Danish, don't know the English word for it) and all of her knowledge of romantic relationships comes from movies, how many times has she mentioned that "Ever After" was her favorite movie??
She doesn't seem to understand that relationships and getting to know/be intimate with a partner can be complicated and requires more than 'boy meets girl, some sort of conflict where boy has to fight for girl, a single kiss during a romantic sunset, marriage, live happily ever after'..

Post by Guest »

funnylikeyikes wrote:I'm about 9 months older than RB. It used to be why I first started watching her back in 2007/2008. I only really watched people on YouTube older than me and I felt like we had more in common. We really don't, as I've discovered, although we have had a lot of the same life experiences.

The cats thing -- I've been watching a lot of episodes of Animal Precinct on Animal Planet lately and most of the time the reason why pets become neglected or mistreated is because of the sheer number of them. I'm not saying RB is callous -- maybe just naive about the kind of environment the 5 cats she owns should have.

I wasn't joking about the litter boxes - my cat has two. You're supposed to have 2 per cat which would ideally equal 10 in RB's household. I think that's why she lets them out so much - so they don't shit and piss every where on her borrowed carpets (why are there carpets in their kitchen, again??).

as far as i'm aware, she has at least one litterbox on each floor of the house. so there is more than one. you don't necessarily need more than one per cat, it depends on the cat. my guy get's on fine with only having one - we had two and he wouldn't use the second one at all. so it depends, cats are finicky. she needs at least five tho. like srsly.

speaking of, hers have fleas right now. anyone know where she's getting the £100 figure for flea treatment? right now she's trying to brush them out - that won't work. flea's reproduce too quickly. you need flea drops, to brush them twice a day, boil all their bedding/anything they sleep on, AND do a massive vacume of the house. good flea drops cost about €10 - so about 8 pounds. it would cost her about €50 to treat them all in a cost efficient manner.

my cat had fleas before so i do have expereince with it. she needs to get it under control before they infest the entire house and start biting the family.

Toki Wartooth
Talker
Talker

Post by Toki Wartooth »

It's kind of sad that she's online all the time and doesn't appear to have many (or any) friends in real life. It's really not good to isolate yourself like that, but she seems to be comfortable living this way. She really needs to stop avoiding real life and get off the internet for a bit so she can reconnect with the world and herself.
And I think that finding a boyfriend is a silly reason to reconnect with her church, there's so many other ways to meet people! It sounds like what she wants is a long distant relationship or something. Has Beckie ever been in a real relationship though? Her expectations seem very off from reality. I don't really get why she's so desperate for a relationship anyway. I think she just wants to be in one to prove to everyone that she's “normal” or whatever.
Also, the way Beckie doesn't have the patience for treatment sort of reminds me of Dodie Clark. Her and Beckie seem to want this miracle cure without having to put in the work, yet at the same time they don't want to be cured because they will lose their “identity.” It seems like they've both become so attached to their illnesses that they don't know who they would be without them. They both want something to moan about online so people will pay attention to them.

Baudrillard
Learner
Learner

Post by Baudrillard »

as far as i'm aware, she has at least one litterbox on each floor of the house. so there is more than one. you don't necessarily need more than one per cat, it depends on the cat. my guy get's on fine with only having one - we had two and he wouldn't use the second one at all. so it depends, cats are finicky. she needs at least five tho. like srsly.

speaking of, hers have fleas right now. anyone know where she's getting the £100 figure for flea treatment? right now she's trying to brush them out - that won't work. flea's reproduce too quickly. you need flea drops, to brush them twice a day, boil all their bedding/anything they sleep on, AND do a massive vacume of the house. good flea drops cost about €10 - so about 8 pounds. it would cost her about €50 to treat them all in a cost efficient manner.

my cat had fleas before so i do have expereince with it. she needs to get it under control before they infest the entire house and start biting the family.
The minimum amount of litter trays is 1 per cat + 1.

If Beckie or her family is struggling financially (which I doubt), they can sign up to the PDSA.

If you can't afford to adequately look after an animal YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE THAT ANIMAL. LET ALONE MULTIPLE ANIMALS. This includes flea treatments, vet bills (if not with the PDSA), etc. When I had cats I was signed up BUT I always made sure I had £50 set aside specifcally for a 'just in case' cat situation i.e fleas/accidents/going missing/whatnot even though they were housecats.

Beckie is shit at looking after her pets, I feel like she see's them as accessories. Cute things to put in her videos and cuddle, mindless without personalities. I'm glad she apparently doesn't want children.

Cuthere__
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cuthere__ »

They should be flea treating them and worming them monthly to prevent fleas, you’ll never get rid of them from combing them you need to kill the eggs and treat the house especially given that her family have a weird obsession with carpet in every room, she’s not fit to have pets she’s an animal hoarder who claims to be utterly devastated when a cat runs away or dies but then replaces them. If you can’t afford flea treatment don’t have animals that can get fleas, if you can’t afford decent food don’t have pets, if you can’t afford emergency veterinary care don’t have pets or get insurance don’t film them suffering and struggling to breathe then make a video about how you’re suffering while neglecting to mention that your pet couldn’t breathe and was likely drowning in their own bodily fluids.

Her family wouldn’t qualify for low cost treatment they’d look at the household income not just beckie’s and whether anyone was claiming any benefits. I can see her becomes one of those hoarders where they find a dead cat that was thought to have run away years ago.

Baublebee
Debater
Debater

Post by Baublebee »

I don't totally agree with the whole if you can't afford it dint have pets thing. I got my cat when I was seven and I'm twenty seven now. There's been times that I couldn't afford vet care or good food in there because lives change and no one can predict the future. I would never give up my old cat just because I lost my job. She had crap food (and quite frankly still does because it's got soft inside bits and she has very few teeth left. She also gets cheap wet food from Costco because it's the only one she likes.) and had to deal with fleas until I saved up enough for the meds. Which are about $60 for a four pack here.

Things are better now but it doesn't make sense to me to get rid of your pets when you fall on hard times unless absolutely necessary. Things can get better if just takes time sometimes.

That said Beckie got these cats knowing she couldn't financially support them and that's totally different and irresponsible.

Also I don't treat for fleas every month because my cat is so old but she's also an indoor cat. With outdoor cats they really ought to be treated monthly. I'm surprised they don't always have fleas if they aren't in preventative meds and outside all the time.

Cuthere__
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cuthere__ »

It’s different if you’ve had a pet for years but they adopted three kittens when they already had 2 cats then they adopted the mother. How much did she spend on clothes and jewellery and hair straighteners and webcams and other things she doesn’t need instead of flea treatment and decent food for the cats? I don’t care if she bought it over three months it’s still money that could have gone on her “babies” and how is she reducing her hoarding when she’s just buying new stuff? She spends most of her time in her bedroom so why does she even need so many clothes?

bucky
Talker
Talker

Post by bucky »

Here are some ideas for the new thread name:
BeckieJBrown - the Queen of empty content
BeckieJBrown, the most mature person ever
BeckieJBrown, the slow moving train wreck

funnylikeyikes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by funnylikeyikes »

bucky wrote:Here are some ideas for the new thread name:
BeckieJBrown - the Queen of empty content
BeckieJBrown, the most mature person ever
BeckieJBrown, the slow moving train wreck
The first one is the best one.
She's funny, but not funny like, 'ha ha', funny like, 'yikes'.

Nothostile_17
Talker
Talker

Post by Nothostile_17 »

I would like to suggest...

BeckieJBrown - Not living prop'ly. Woohoo!

Cuthere__
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cuthere__ »

Nothostile_17 wrote:I would like to suggest...

BeckieJBrown - Not living prop'ly. Woohoo!
Image yes

inkspells
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by inkspells »

What I dont understand is that if Beckie is Christian her idea of marriage is completely fucked up. It even says in the bible that both partners in a married relationship need to fufill each other sexually.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Ohhunknee
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Ohhunknee »

I think that person she described is called a friend.

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

Ohhunknee wrote:I think that person she described is called a friend.
This is Rebecca Brown, as if she knows what a friend is.

'When' is right though, she shouldn't be criticized for being Christian.

When did her camera 'die' though? Didn't she first mention that microphone doesn't work with her old DSLR or something? Now it's "dead" and she has to use another one. :roll: Can she talk about one thing in her life without dramatising it?

inkspells
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by inkspells »

HippoFriend wrote:
Ohhunknee wrote:I think that person she described is called a friend.
This is Rebecca Brown, as if she knows what a friend is.

'When' is right though, she shouldn't be criticized for being Christian.

When did her camera 'die' though? Didn't she first mention that microphone doesn't work with her old DSLR or something? Now it's "dead" and she has to use another one. :roll: Can she talk about one thing in her life without dramatising it?
I wasnt criticizing her for being Christian. I am one as well. But I was criticizing her knowledge of the Bible. I do know Christians are varied. But not any Christian I know would agree with her ideas of marriage. Cause thats basically friendship.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

ello101
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ello101 »

How does she expect to find a relationship? Like I'm not belittling what she wants, but I don't know any guy or girl that would want to be in a long term committed relationship and not even live in the same house, let alone sleep in the same bed. Even with sex completely out of the picture, I know a few asexuals and they all want to at least have some semblance of intimacy with their partner, holding hands etc. Even an aromantic I know lives with the person they call their partner.

Return to “BeckieJBrown”