Markiplier - Part 12

thestoriesoftruth
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 12

Post by thestoriesoftruth »

Tigerlilly360 wrote:If Mark does lurk on this site I have a few things to say to him

"Mark, what happened to you? Couple years ago you were full of life, happiness and drive. You were always filled with ideas and passion for your channel. The videos you posted we're something worth watching. The relationships with your friends caused you to create the best content for YouTube.

Lately, you appear to have made a wrong turn. You're no longer happy with anything you post. The friendships seem to be on thin ice, and with one more wrong step you may lose more friends. The love you've shown for the fan base, you've turned into a jerk. You use to be an inspiration to others, now you're an inspiration to NOT be like what you've become. Why are you so angry with everyone, what in the world did we do as fans? When you look in the mirror, are you happy with who you've become? The bitter soul that lacks passion, what would you're father say to the behavior. You've broken the hearts of so many, not because of the girlfriend, but the beast you've turned into. You need to change, not because of the fan base, but for your own future. Don't be the person people talk about after you leave the room as a sigh of relief. Be the person people will talk about and wish you could've stayed longer.

-Sign, a disappointed fan"
Well said!

Chibi Mooncat
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Chibi Mooncat »

I’ve noticed something today in Mark’s ‘Truth or Death’ video, they’re in the office that they moved away from because of the bug problem and the corner wall that ‘destroys’ any computer that is put there.

I recognise the floor patterns, the walls, staircase, and the curtain covering the rest of the basement? Garage? Whatever it is, if there were so many problems with that office why did they go back?
:cuted:

VioletSparks
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by VioletSparks »

AcidicAngel0 wrote:I've thought that for quite some time; after Daniel died he just became more - bitter and standoffish. Now, I don't know Mark and the closest I have in common with him is we are both Cancers and our birthdays are 3 days apart (I remember when the whole zodiac thing was a big thing here so I thought to add it haha). So, that being said, if Mark WAS like me then all this anger, bitterness, and pushing people away isn't anything more than - he's sad. All that sadness gets compartmentalized and eventually funneled into a more manageable emotion. One where you don't have to have people looking at you with sympathy or pity all the time because it hurts your pride.

Like I said I don't know him, never even met him in fact, so I don't truly know if this is how Mark feels or not. Honestly, I could just be talking out my ass for all I know. What I do know is, is that bottling up your sadness and pain and transferring into anger isn't a good thing. Pushing away your friends and family isn't a good thing and leaves you more alone then you felt before. If this IS potentially how he feels then he's walking down a dark path. Would also explain his need to fix everyone and to keep people as happy as possible, when you feel like that you don't want anyone else to feel what you feel and try to make sure nobody walks the same path your on.

Really hope I am wrong on that front and I am just speaking nonsense lol. Would hate to see him be like I was :love2:
Seriously!? I dislike Marks content right now just as much as anyone else here. But using the basis of one of his close friends dying as one of the ways you are choosing to judge it? I personally think that's getting a bit gross. Yes, after loosing someone important ones life will change, ones behavior, etc. But using that as just a simple "looking back at it all" type event is so disrespectful. Daniel's passing happened a while ago now, and regardless of how I view his content, or how he acts towards his fans or others, I won't use the death of his friend against him. Or how he chooses to heal from that. But as you said, you are both Cancers. So who am I to get in the way of that.

Oywiththedrama
Informer
Informer

Post by Oywiththedrama »

Chibi Mooncat wrote:I’ve noticed something today in Mark’s ‘Truth or Death’ video, they’re in the office that they moved away from because of the bug problem and the corner wall that ‘destroys’ any computer that is put there.

I recognise the floor patterns, the walls, staircase, and the curtain covering the rest of the basement? Garage? Whatever it is, if there were so many problems with that office why did they go back?
Hmm, Game Grumps Office deja vu, anyone?

(For anyone who isn't familiar with that situation, Mark was recording in the grumps space for a bit because he had "internet problems" when really, he had just broken up with Jess and was basically hiding there so he didn't have to with it-- I mean so she could have some space as she moved out :D not saying something like this happened, just pointing out that something similar has happened before and he was less than honest about the reasoning behind it)

kooks
Talker
Talker

Post by kooks »

somstria wrote:But ever since the introduction of Teamiplier it seems he cares more about his friends than his channel or his fans.
Uhhhh... that's actually a good thing. his friends & family SHOULD come first before fans and work!
we may not like his friends, we may not like them participating in his content, but that is actually the healthy choice for anyone trying to balance personal life and work, especially in the public eye.

I doubt Mark actually reads this forum, but if he (or a friend/colleague): stop. this isn't healthy for you. rely on your own intuition and experience rather then on fans venting out :) focus on what you want to achieve for yourselves instead of trying to please people, because you will never manage to please everyone.

Post by Guest »

I know I've been absent from the forum for a while... I've been deeply immersed in some personal projects lately, so it's got nothing to do with you guys, or the forum or any of the topics. I'm just selfish, lol :P

I think I know what Mark's issue with his channel's content really is, and I don't feel that Daniel's passing is the cause of it.

Everyone has at least one moment in their life where they are rip-shitting pissed at the way everything is going for them, and they look back on their life up to a certain point, then look at where they are and realize "Holy hell, if I had done everything differently I might be going somewhere with my life!" I think Mark is coming out of that phase.

It's not the kind of thing that you can get help for by talking to a therapist, or asking family for support. This is something that comes with age, and is an individual's battle.

However, I do think on a personal level, not related to his channel, that Daniel's death has a lot to do with why Mark seems so "sad" sometimes. Losing Daniel caused a fracture in the friendship between Mark, Matt and Ryan. Sometimes a tragedy can bring people closer, but sometimes the exact opposite happens. Mark had a wonderful relationship with the Cyndago guys, they had a great thing going for them, they were all really happy and then Cyndago was ruined. They tried to work together in a new way, but it wasn't the same. They continued living in a house where their friend died. Living in a home where Ryan found his best friend dead. And they were there together for such a long time, in that negative, heartbroken home. Mark JUST RECENTLY stopped living in that place. It doesn't matter how many friends and family members were supporting Mark, because every day he was surrounding himself with the negative energy of that house. His newfound energy and desire to work again is probably due to him being in a LITERALLY better place.

Oywiththedrama
Informer
Informer

Post by Oywiththedrama »

kooks wrote:
somstria wrote:But ever since the introduction of Teamiplier it seems he cares more about his friends than his channel or his fans.
Uhhhh... that's actually a good thing. his friends & family SHOULD come first before fans and work!
we may not like his friends, we may not like them participating in his content, but that is actually the healthy choice for anyone trying to balance personal life and work, especially in the public eye.
If he was just adding his friends to the equation, I would agree with you, but he hired them as employees. That, imho, is not a healthy choice or a good balance of personal life and work. Look what happened with Matt and Ryan; they won't even acknowledge Mark. That's how bad it turned out. Yeah, Mark could have learned from his mistakes but I really doubt it with how he treats them, especially how he's treated Ethan, along with his current asshole attitude he's had in general.

I do agree that his friends and family come first but I'm just not seeing that happen either. I mean, during his whole hiatus, did he even go home and see his family? (Legimately asking because I don't remember seeing him or Amy( :roll: ) talking about it) or visit his friends outside of work/necessity? (Again, I'm actually asking here because I don't remember it happening but I don't follow him closely any more so it might have) heck, while on tour (I think. It might have been just a project though) and some of the cons he didn't even hang out with his supposed friends and instead hid with Amy in insolitude.

And buttercup, I really hope you're right about him coming out of that phase and being in a better place because, like a lot of people here, i was a big fan of his and looked up to him. I do want him to succeed and be happy. But lately he's been neither of those and If he keeps going down that path, it's only a matter of time before he crashes and burns :(

AcidicAngel0
Talker
Talker

Post by AcidicAngel0 »

VioletSparks wrote:
AcidicAngel0 wrote:I've thought that for quite some time; after Daniel died he just became more - bitter and standoffish. Now, I don't know Mark and the closest I have in common with him is we are both Cancers and our birthdays are 3 days apart (I remember when the whole zodiac thing was a big thing here so I thought to add it haha). So, that being said, if Mark WAS like me then all this anger, bitterness, and pushing people away isn't anything more than - he's sad. All that sadness gets compartmentalized and eventually funneled into a more manageable emotion. One where you don't have to have people looking at you with sympathy or pity all the time because it hurts your pride.

Like I said I don't know him, never even met him in fact, so I don't truly know if this is how Mark feels or not. Honestly, I could just be talking out my ass for all I know. What I do know is, is that bottling up your sadness and pain and transferring into anger isn't a good thing. Pushing away your friends and family isn't a good thing and leaves you more alone then you felt before. If this IS potentially how he feels then he's walking down a dark path. Would also explain his need to fix everyone and to keep people as happy as possible, when you feel like that you don't want anyone else to feel what you feel and try to make sure nobody walks the same path your on.

Really hope I am wrong on that front and I am just speaking nonsense lol. Would hate to see him be like I was :love2:
Seriously!? I dislike Marks content right now just as much as anyone else here. But using the basis of one of his close friends dying as one of the ways you are choosing to judge it? I personally think that's getting a bit gross. Yes, after loosing someone important ones life will change, ones behavior, etc. But using that as just a simple "looking back at it all" type event is so disrespectful. Daniel's passing happened a while ago now, and regardless of how I view his content, or how he acts towards his fans or others, I won't use the death of his friend against him. Or how he chooses to heal from that. But as you said, you are both Cancers. So who am I to get in the way of that.
Unless I am misunderstanding your comment then you took what I said the wrong way. I wasn't JUDGING him because one of his friends died. All I was saying was if him becoming more bitter was because of it I wouldn't be surprised. Lashing out, being spiteful, and whatnot are signs of "irritable depression". It's when you are so sad and traumatized by something ei. Daniels death, that it just manifests as anger. I was saying as a whole not specifically for his content. Also I wasn't the one to originally bring this up I was just replying to another comment. Guess I should have quoted it.
somstria wrote:
After Daniel died is when he changed. Amy has nothing to do with it, imo.

kooks
Talker
Talker

Post by kooks »

Oywiththedrama wrote: If he was just adding his friends to the equation, I would agree with you, but he hired them as employees. That, imho, is not a healthy choice or a good balance of personal life and work.
totally agree.
I was referring the comment of Mark choosing friends over his yt channel.

in my opinion, hiring friends is risky as relationships can go sour, but i've seen many successful friend/work relationship so i'm not automatically assuming that would end badly. I guess it's a matter of maturity, experience and expectation management on both sides.
with Mark, it did end badly last time and he acknowledged his part in it. we can just hope he learned and implementing from that now.

there are many kinds of friendship and I'm pretty sure Mark is not sharing all of his private life with his audience...
that's why when it's "let's blame Amy/friends on all we think Mark is doing wrong" type of talk comes up I get agitated.
he's an adult, that manages his own life and makes his own decisions. we can see some warning signs but the bottom line is we see only what HE allows us to see, like it or not.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Yeah, I don't think this is an Amy or anyone else thing, I think this really is a Mark thing.
As for if the thing with Daniel had anything to do with it, my bets would be that it did have a hand in it. For me, I saw a very noticeable shift after that happened (and just after 2015 in general). But that shift is understandable, I mean, a close friend attempted/committed suicide in his house. But then after, he seemed a lot more bitter, he didn't treat his friends (Matt and Ryan) very well, he almost drank himself to death. And I'm not sure if he has really dealt with it as much as he should've, especially since he's said before (I'm pretty sure it was in the video he poster earlier than year when he broke up with Jess) that he is really good at burying things down. So I'd say the general clusterfuck of 2015 plus just generally where his career is going (him not being happy with what he's making and such), I think the guy really is sad. And I wouldn't be surprised if that sadness is manifesting as bitterness and lacking passion and such. And I have a lot of sympathy for that. Hell, about this time last year or even two years ago, I was in the thick of that same sort of feeling, and I did try to bury it and hope it would go away (that didn't work). So I'd say if he is struggling, I hope he is trying to get whatever help he needs to help cope and deal with the problem, and not just burying it. <3
(http://gph.is/291u1MC)
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

Should I be concerned that Mark is doing something with his van Again?.. It...says...*gulp*...."vintage "...on it :rofl:

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

I think Amy has control over marks social media, cause it doesn't sound like him on Twitter I think she posted that.

kooks
Talker
Talker

Post by kooks »

eggo wrote:I think Amy has control over marks social media, cause it doesn't sound like him on Twitter I think she posted that.
Wasn't there a discussion a few weeks ago that Amy is running his social media, and it was somehow confirmed?

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

Ooookkkkk....selling ice cream from a van is DEFINITELY NOT crazy! :roll: :rofl:

Someone please...kindly get the straight-jacket :rofl:

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Yeah...I still refuse to believe that he didn't get the white van jokes. There is no way. :rofl:
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

So I guess Mark never backed-up his promise to do a little stream yesterday, and told them on tumblr that he would ( nice one mark), but was doing a video with a Make-a-Wish kid instead. That and the van shenanigans.
#WhyMarkcan't keep promises :rofl:

BTW: is mark sponsored by Costco? Seems to me that's what all those "weird" tub challenge video's (ie..hot chocolate, marshmallows...etc) were about last year.

Tigerlilly360
Debater
Debater

Post by Tigerlilly360 »

I hope he gets arrested, maybe that will knock some sense into him. You just can't do that without having some sort of permit.

Spacekitty93
Learner
Learner

Post by Spacekitty93 »

Tigerlilly360 wrote:I hope he gets arrested, maybe that will knock some sense into him. You just can't do that without having some sort of permit.
I mean, I did have a thought that maybe he cleared it with the police first and they know what he’s up to? My grandpa was a cop and my dad got away with all sorts of ridiculous shit growing up because he warned them he was gonna do it before he did.

thestoriesoftruth
Informer
Informer

Post by thestoriesoftruth »

So is mentioning Amy is every single challenge/live action video just going to be a thing now? It's starting to get irritating. We get it Mark, you love her but it's starting to come off as obsessive

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

somstria wrote:So is mentioning Amy is every single challenge/live action video just going to be a thing now? It's starting to get irritating. We get it Mark, you love her but it's starting to come off as obsessive
Yeah...there's a certain point where it gets weird. Hell, even Ethan thought it was weird. Calm down dude, we get it.
I will say though, I can appreciate the "winning in a social construct" joke. There are few things I enjoy more than making fun of stupid people. XD

Return to “Markiplier”