Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Health & Fitness Chat - Part 2

Post by fitnessanstuff »

ghoulish_babe wrote:
fitnessanstuff wrote:
ghoulish_babe wrote:
fitnessanstuff wrote:Hey you guys! I'm fairly new to GG mainly this forum but I wanted to get your opinions:

So in the past year I have done what I believe to be an amazing body recomp when I first started lifting weights from cardio I was 118 measurments 32-23-33 struggling with gaining wait and maintaining a positive body image. Fast forward 2 years to now Im sitting at about 145 (i havent weighed myself since I started cutting) post bulk with measurments 34 26 41! Im really proud of the changes I've been able to make to my body and I want to start a channel to give girls information on how to build a body they want instead of opting to get plastic surgery for that Kylie jenner body (BBLs are very popular among college aged girls where i live) . I know that theres a lot of talk about how its wrong to charge for guides when you aren't certified (i am not) but if I were to share my info with people it would be thorough and talk a lot of effort on my end.

Basically I'm wondering would it be wrong to charge $5 to $10 dollars for a "guide"? If so would you suggest just giving the info away instead? Sorry this post is super wordy I'm just trying to avoid being as much of a fitspo as possible! Thanks
Would it be wrong for me to treat you, if i'm not a doctor?
looking for actual feedback please! I'm not trying to scam anyone and by your logic, I can't tell if youre saying the issue is with giving out any information without certification or charging money for said info. I'd appreciate if you could elaborate thanks!
Clearly my issue is with both.
It wasn't clear which was why I asked you to clarify lol. Appreciate the feedback!

fitnessanstuff
Learner
Learner

Post by fitnessanstuff »

[quote="Le sigh"]@fitnessanstuff
I’m with Zomgirl, as long as you specify the guide is What I did to accomplish xyz. I would personally never buy a guide from someone based on just their own transformation.
Seems like you are really passionate about fitness, why not get certification? It would give u more authority, and if you get results for other clients, that would legitimize your knowledge, I would have no problem buying a guide from a CPT.

I've considered it over the past few months as there have been a lot of opportunities in which having it would benefit me! I think I just need to do more research and figure out which one is the best/most credible. I kind of think of it like university. It does give me something to think about though!

Zomgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zomgirl »

xsimplysweetx wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before (I tried to search for an answer but couldn't find one), but what would you say is the best macro calculator? I know they're not 100% accurate, but what is a good starting point?
I tried 3 different ones and got pretty different results so I have no idea where to start!
I think a good starting point is:
1. Determine TDEE https://tdeecalculator.net
2. Determine goal and set calories (lose .5lb/week -250cals/day, gain .5lb/week +250/day)
3. Set protein at .8-1g per lb of bodyweight
4. Set fat at .3-.4g per lb of bodyweight
5. Fill the rest with carbs.
6. Adjust as necessary
4 cals per g of carbs/protein, 9 cals per g of fat.

Example: My TDEE is 2500 calories and I want to lose 1lb per week. My caloric intake will be 2000 calories. I weigh 150, so I'll consume 150g of protein(600cal). .3x150 = 45g of fat(405cal). I have 995 calories left for carbs (995/4=248.75g carbs, round to 250). So my macros would be 45f, 150p, 250c. I personally prefer more fats in my diet, so I'd increase my fats to 65g and lower my carbs to 200. After a week of staring at the peanut butter jar, I'd probably increase fats to 75g and lower carbs to 180g and continue to make adjustments based on progress/if I feel like I want to die.

fitnessanstuff
Learner
Learner

Post by fitnessanstuff »

xsimplysweetx wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before (I tried to search for an answer but couldn't find one), but what would you say is the best macro calculator? I know they're not 100% accurate, but what is a good starting point?
I tried 3 different ones and got pretty different results so I have no idea where to start!
I used the IIFYM calculator just because the math for me gets a bit too complicated for me lol! It might help if you use a bunch of different calculators and compare it to the manual calculations and determine an average

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

fitnessanstuff wrote:
ghoulish_babe wrote:
fitnessanstuff wrote:
ghoulish_babe wrote:
fitnessanstuff wrote:Hey you guys! I'm fairly new to GG mainly this forum but I wanted to get your opinions:

So in the past year I have done what I believe to be an amazing body recomp when I first started lifting weights from cardio I was 118 measurments 32-23-33 struggling with gaining wait and maintaining a positive body image. Fast forward 2 years to now Im sitting at about 145 (i havent weighed myself since I started cutting) post bulk with measurments 34 26 41! Im really proud of the changes I've been able to make to my body and I want to start a channel to give girls information on how to build a body they want instead of opting to get plastic surgery for that Kylie jenner body (BBLs are very popular among college aged girls where i live) . I know that theres a lot of talk about how its wrong to charge for guides when you aren't certified (i am not) but if I were to share my info with people it would be thorough and talk a lot of effort on my end.

Basically I'm wondering would it be wrong to charge $5 to $10 dollars for a "guide"? If so would you suggest just giving the info away instead? Sorry this post is super wordy I'm just trying to avoid being as much of a fitspo as possible! Thanks
Would it be wrong for me to treat you, if i'm not a doctor?
looking for actual feedback please! I'm not trying to scam anyone and by your logic, I can't tell if youre saying the issue is with giving out any information without certification or charging money for said info. I'd appreciate if you could elaborate thanks!
Clearly my issue is with both.
It wasn't clear which was why I asked you to clarify lol. Appreciate the feedback!
Yeah, I could tell it went right past you and I wasted my time writing it. You didn't understand any of it and clearly didn't make you think, which was the purpose in the first place.

xsimplysweetx
Talker
Talker

Post by xsimplysweetx »

Zomgirl wrote:
1. Determine TDEE https://tdeecalculator.net
2. Determine goal and set calories (lose .5lb/week -250cals/day, gain .5lb/week +250/day)
6. Adjust as necessary

Example: My TDEE is 2500 calories and I want to lose 1lb per week. My caloric intake will be 2000 calories. I weigh 150, so I'll consume 150g of protein(600cal). .3x150 = 45g of fat(405cal). I have 995 calories left for carbs (995/4=248.75g carbs, round to 250). So my macros would be 45f, 150p, 250c. I personally prefer more fats in my diet, so I'd increase my fats to 65g and lower my carbs to 200. After a week of staring at the peanut butter jar, I'd probably increase fats to 75g and lower carbs to 180g and continue to make adjustments based on progress/if I feel like I want to die.
Thanks!! Very helpful!

Also- another question. I know a lot of these fitspos take sooo many supplements and vitamins. But in regards to vitamins, I really only take a multivitamin daily and wonder if I need anything more. I've read numerous articles on what vitamins women should take but which ones are the most important? (Ex. fish oil, vitamin D, probiotics, etc.)

cali_ambitious454
Debater
Debater

Post by cali_ambitious454 »

fitnessanstuff wrote:
Zomgirl wrote:

My biggest issue with "booty guides" and plans is that most IG girls provide cookie cutter workouts that they sell to the masses with the promise that the customer will achieve a specific look. I think this approach is deceiving when there are many variables that affect body shape and composition. I don't see anything wrong with it if you disclose your lack of formal education/certifications and take the approach that you're selling your experience instead of promising them specific results. "This is what I accomplished and this is how I did it" is much different than "this is what you can accomplish if you do this." Just my opinion.
okay! I totally get where youre coming from! I think what I want to do is compile all of the information I've learned over the past 2 years on muscle activation and how to structure workouts. Where I'm from, I find the girls I talk to find exercise too daunting and surgery as a guarenteed fix that will only cost them their refund checks. That's why I want to get y'alls opinions because I used to be very against people selling guides without certification until I tried to actually put one together lol.

Hopefully you all get where I'm coming from!
Thing is, if you are truly passionate about this topic and want to spread your knowledge in order to help others, why not get certified? Otherwise you’re just selling information on a way to achieve a look that worked solely for YOU. How would that benefit anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fitnessanstuff
Learner
Learner

Post by fitnessanstuff »

cali_ambitious454 wrote:
fitnessanstuff wrote:
Zomgirl wrote:

My biggest issue with "booty guides" and plans is that most IG girls provide cookie cutter workouts that they sell to the masses with the promise that the customer will achieve a specific look. I think this approach is deceiving when there are many variables that affect body shape and composition. I don't see anything wrong with it if you disclose your lack of formal education/certifications and take the approach that you're selling your experience instead of promising them specific results. "This is what I accomplished and this is how I did it" is much different than "this is what you can accomplish if you do this." Just my opinion.
okay! I totally get where youre coming from! I think what I want to do is compile all of the information I've learned over the past 2 years on muscle activation and how to structure workouts. Where I'm from, I find the girls I talk to find exercise too daunting and surgery as a guarenteed fix that will only cost them their refund checks. That's why I want to get y'alls opinions because I used to be very against people selling guides without certification until I tried to actually put one together lol.

Thing is, if you are truly passionate about this topic and want to spread your knowledge in order to help others, why not get certified? Otherwise you’re just selling information on a way to achieve a look that worked solely for YOU. How would that benefit anyone else?

Well that would be exactly what I'd be doing anyway. The information I put together is simply a compilation of all of the things I've done over the past 2 years. The reason getting certified isn't at the forefront is because exercising is a hobby I'm passionate about. I'm still a full time college student so shelling out 700-1000 dollars to study more information didn't seem like the most practical approach, from both a time and money perspective. The only reason I talked about putting a pricetag on it was just because I found that compiling all of my workouts and info was pretty laborious especially ontop of presenting it in a nice package. So less than 10 bucks didn't seem substantial enough to be problematic.

notyourcupoftea
Informer
Informer

Post by notyourcupoftea »

fitnessanstuff wrote:
cali_ambitious454 wrote:
fitnessanstuff wrote:
Zomgirl wrote:

Well that would be exactly what I'd be doing anyway. The information I put together is simply a compilation of all of the things I've done over the past 2 years. The reason getting certified isn't at the forefront is because exercising is a hobby I'm passionate about. I'm still a full time college student so shelling out 700-1000 dollars to study more information didn't seem like the most practical approach, from both a time and money perspective. The only reason I talked about putting a pricetag on it was just because I found that compiling all of my workouts and info was pretty laborious especially ontop of presenting it in a nice package. So less than 10 bucks didn't seem substantial enough to be problematic.

IMHO you should not sell it. Don't be like every IG fitness chick selling guides when they have no credentials. If it's your journey, give it away for free and help change someone's life. That should be compensation enough.

japeterson42
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by japeterson42 »

I don’t think that anyone should be selling anything considering all these gurus are putting everything out in the open in their videos anyway. Exercise, eat clean. You are a goofball of you think you need to pay money for a guide.
lmaooo

mimipartytime123
Learner
Learner

Post by mimipartytime123 »

Is anyone here paying for the Body by Simone app? Or even tried one of her classes in NYC or LA? I've always loved her concept and have done all the videos online by her but idk if the app is worth it. The app is new so I can't find any reviews yet so I was wondering if anyone here has tried it.?

whiskeyweights
Debater
Debater

Post by whiskeyweights »

xsimplysweetx wrote:
Zomgirl wrote:
1. Determine TDEE <a class="vglnk" href="https://tdeecalculator.net" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>tdeecalculator</span><span>.</span><span>net</span></a>
6. Adjust as necessary

Thanks!! Very helpful!

Also- another question. I know a lot of these fitspos take sooo many supplements and vitamins. But in regards to vitamins, I really only take a multivitamin daily and wonder if I need anything more. I've read numerous articles on what vitamins women should take but which ones are the most important? (Ex. fish oil, vitamin D, probiotics, etc.)
so I take a multi vitamin, omega XL (no fish taste, expensive though but my dad orders it for himself so luckily i don't have to pay), iron with vitamin C as well, vitamin D (i live in NY and its still winter, will definitely take it over the summer as well), and B-12.

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

xsimplysweetx wrote:
Zomgirl wrote:
1. Determine TDEE <a class="vglnk" href="https://tdeecalculator.net" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>tdeecalculator</span><span>.</span><span>net</span></a>
6. Adjust as necessary

Thanks!! Very helpful!

I think the best way to go about it is have blood tests done and see where you stand and what you need. I was taking a bunch, but turns out I only need calcium. I didn't even think to take that one.

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

ghoulish_babe wrote:
xsimplysweetx wrote:
Zomgirl wrote:
1. Determine TDEE <a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="https://tdeecalculator.net" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>tdeecalculator</span><span>.</span><span>net</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>tdeecalculator</span><span>.</span><span>net</span></a>
6. Adjust as necessary

Thanks!! Very helpful!

I think the best way to go about it is have blood tests done and see where you stand and what you need. I was taking a bunch, but turns out I only need calcium. I didn't even think to take that one.
on a similar note to that, has anyone here had tests done to check hormones? is it worth it? i feel like i always hear people say the tests can often show your levels as normal when they really aren't...how do you find a place that will be accurate?? the past couple of months i've sort of felt like i'm back on birth control, weight gain (tho not really visible to other people but i can tell in how my clothes fit), really tired even though i'm getting enough sleep, depleted muscles even after rest days and mood swings. but i'm not on any type of birth control!! i'm just wondering if i have some sort of imbalance with estrogen or progesterone - i dont want to self diagnose but i also don't want to spend time and money if some doctor cant tell me for sure what's up. is it possible this never ending winter could be affecting it too? i'm just frustrated because i feel like i've hit a good balance with nutrition and working out and sleep and feel like crap.

TryingToLikeThemBut_
Learner
Learner

Post by TryingToLikeThemBut_ »

Healthyish85 wrote:
ghoulish_babe wrote:
xsimplysweetx wrote:
Zomgirl wrote:
1. Determine TDEE <a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="https://tdeecalculator.net" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>tdeecalculator</span><span>.</span><span>net</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>tdeecalculator</span><span>.</span><span>net</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>tdeecalculator</span><span>.</span><span>net</span></a>
6. Adjust as necessary

Thanks!! Very helpful!

on a similar note to that, has anyone here had tests done to check hormones? is it worth it? i feel like i always hear people say the tests can often show your levels as normal when they really aren't...how do you find a place that will be accurate?? the past couple of months i've sort of felt like i'm back on birth control, weight gain (tho not really visible to other people but i can tell in how my clothes fit), really tired even though i'm getting enough sleep, depleted muscles even after rest days and mood swings. but i'm not on any type of birth control!! i'm just wondering if i have some sort of imbalance with estrogen or progesterone - i dont want to self diagnose but i also don't want to spend time and money if some doctor cant tell me for sure what's up. is it possible this never ending winter could be affecting it too? i'm just frustrated because i feel like i've hit a good balance with nutrition and working out and sleep and feel like crap.
Also interested in any answers you get to this!

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

Healthyish85 wrote:
ghoulish_babe wrote:
xsimplysweetx wrote:
Zomgirl wrote:
1. Determine TDEE <a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="<a class="vglnk" href="https://tdeecalculator.net" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>tdeecalculator</span><span>.</span><span>net</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>tdeecalculator</span><span>.</span><span>net</span></a>" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>tdeecalculator</span><span>.</span><span>net</span></a>
6. Adjust as necessary

Thanks!! Very helpful!

That's actually why I had blood tests. I went to a local endocrinologist to check my thyroid and hormones, because I've had side effects from birth control, and she just put everything up on the chart. We were expecting high testosterone, but everything came out normal and she thinks that's from the pill. You should talk to a doctor. Who knows what could be giving those symptoms, it may not even be hormonal.

rawr13
Learner
Learner

Post by rawr13 »

Best online fitness coach for nutrition? I'm a full time student, so affordable is always a plus. Thanks, y'all!

pbjnfit
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pbjnfit »

rawr13 wrote:Best online fitness coach for nutrition? I'm a full time student, so affordable is always a plus. Thanks, y'all!
Paul Revelia

Hereforthedirt
Talker
Talker

Post by Hereforthedirt »

xsimplysweetx wrote:
Zomgirl wrote:
6. Adjust as necessary

Thanks!! Very helpful!

I take a wide range of different ones, but IMO every female needs to be taking calcium and vitamin D.

TryingToLikeThemBut_
Learner
Learner

Post by TryingToLikeThemBut_ »

pbjnfit wrote:
rawr13 wrote:Best online fitness coach for nutrition? I'm a full time student, so affordable is always a plus. Thanks, y'all!
Paul Revelia
I think Paul is on the higher end price wise.

Return to “Fitness”