clothesencounters PART 4

melonjellin4234
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters PART 4

Post by melonjellin4234 »

This seems like more like Amy's style. Last fall was all about Sophie's style. To me, I was used to her fast fashion style that this look seems different.

peachypeachy
Talker
Talker

Post by peachypeachy »

melonjellin4234 wrote:

This seems like more like Amy's style. Last fall was all about Sophie's style. To me, I was used to her fast fashion style that this look seems different.
Bangs: iamkareno

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

peachypeachy wrote:
melonjellin4234 wrote:

Bangs: iamkareno
She looks like a mom from the 80s in this get up.

beesaremyjam
Lurker
Lurker

Post by beesaremyjam »

peachypeachy wrote:
beesaremyjam wrote:just watched nov. favorites.....

"I'm kind of in more of a natural subtle makeup look right now" with a face full of makeup and false lashes

this is also just an annoyance of mine but i hate when she uses the verb "smash" to describe things she finished quickly like "I smashed this book out" "I smashed out this movie" ... it just sounds dumb idk if it's just me
Back in 2013 I used to think she was very well spoken and eloquent. Now, she just sounds like a 13 year old who doesn't know how to express herself through words lol. So much for that communications degree right.
Nahhh, that's what I thought too so I started rewatching 2013 favorite videos. i think the reason why we all think she was well-spoken and eloquent was because she just spoke in a deeper voice and didn't act all peppy by over-enunciating and flapping her arms. she still said the same stupid shit.

in june favorites 2013, she said the name "Antwerp" always cracks her up because there's "twerp in it." ??????????????????????????? wtf Antwerp is one of the biggest cities in Belgium. it just makes her sound ignorant. Another was in January favorites 2013, she described the acting in The Shining as "mind-numbingly good" wtf????? mind-numbing means tedious and uninspiring and even if she meant to use it as an extreme, it's still wrong because it had negative connotations and the actual saying is "mind-blowingly good."

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer

Post by Saturnangela7878 »

Burch112 wrote:The more British she gets the more people unsubscribe from her lol. It's weird and not everyone is trying to be British not all people want to.

There was something refreshing about her back in the day, a genuine girl next door. I don't follow her anymore she bored me too much. TBH don't really follow any Asian bloggers anymore besides my ride or die Jen Chae Fromheadtotoe. I adore her, something so genuine about her
You are being sarcastic about jen char right???

sone0408
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sone0408 »

i know i'm hella late on this but did she have a black friday/cyber monday sale? if she did was it a good sale or like 5% off?

rustandust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by rustandust »

she looks really rough in her nov faves. what is up with that 80s mom hairstyle, unblended eyeshadow and garish blush :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

joinmymisery wrote:i know i'm hella late on this but did she have a black friday/cyber monday sale? if she did was it a good sale or like 5% off?
yea she did, it was a 30% on selected pieces.

bobothebuilder
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bobothebuilder »

Who was it that complained about her being whitewashed? We're all human beings, you salty little bitches, a person can act however they want. She's not fuckin obliged to be a poster child for asian people. I feel so sorry for you all who are literally spending a lifetime here nitpicking over trifling bullshit. I've wasted a minute typing this out and that's all i'm contributing.

nubilelokoian
Talker
Talker

Post by nubilelokoian »

bobothebuilder wrote:Who was it that complained about her being whitewashed? We're all human beings, you salty little bitches, a person can act however they want. She's not fuckin obliged to be a poster child for asian people. I feel so sorry for you all who are literally spending a lifetime here nitpicking over trifling bullshit. I've wasted a minute typing this out and that's all i'm contributing.
lmaoooooo, a salty little bitch complaining about salty little bitches

but anyways, jenn herself aggressively parades her korean identity and capitalizes off of it. it's disingenuous when she can barely speak korean and makes little effort to connect with the culture beyond being sponsored by google to make kimbap on camera.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

bobothebuilder wrote:Who was it that complained about her being whitewashed? We're all human beings, you salty little bitches, a person can act however they want. She's not fuckin obliged to be a poster child for asian people. I feel so sorry for you all who are literally spending a lifetime here nitpicking over trifling bullshit. I've wasted a minute typing this out and that's all i'm contributing.
It’s funny that these fan girls go out of their way to read the trash a guru thread and then accuse us of not having a life. Lol bye.

Thisisridic
Debater
Debater

Post by Thisisridic »

:rofl: Or it could be Jenn/Ashley creating a burner account, ahem a la Kevin Durant! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

Thisisridic wrote::rofl: Or it could be Jenn/Ashley creating a burner account, ahem a la Kevin Durant! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
LOL true. You’d think with all the confidence they have they wouldn’t care to check :roll: especially if what we’re saying isn’t true *triggered*

peachypeachy
Talker
Talker

Post by peachypeachy »

It honestly take more effort to read a whole trash thread and make an account to defend their idol. Lol so who exactly is the low life here? :tu:

Burch112
Talker
Talker

Post by Burch112 »

Saturnangela7878 wrote:
Burch112 wrote:The more British she gets the more people unsubscribe from her lol. It's weird and not everyone is trying to be British not all people want to.

There was something refreshing about her back in the day, a genuine girl next door. I don't follow her anymore she bored me too much. TBH don't really follow any Asian bloggers anymore besides my ride or die Jen Chae Fromheadtotoe. I adore her, something so genuine about her
You are being sarcastic about jen char right???
No I'm not. Yes she does sponsorships but her more personal videos are really meaningful and I really like her.

She's not as instagram baddie as the others are

Burch112
Talker
Talker

Post by Burch112 »

I would say Jen pretends to be a white girl if that makes sense. She was never into Korean fashion as much as she is now, and she always like super white rock bands, dressed like a hipster, always had dyed blondish hair lol. I mean she certainly can be whoever she wants and no Asian girl has to act a certain way of course but it's become uber obvious with Ben and her try hard ways to be "British" it's so cringed. But whatever it's neither here or there.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

she looks bad in her favourites video. her false lashes wasn't even stick on well, it was so distracting.

maepleleaf
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by maepleleaf »

Was I the only one who raised their eyebrows when Jenn said she's getting into "natural, fresh makeup looks" while rocking hot pink eyeshadow and lipgloss?

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

maepleleaf wrote:Was I the only one who raised their eyebrows when Jenn said she's getting into "natural, fresh makeup looks" while rocking hot pink eyeshadow and lipgloss?
lol getting into natural subtle makeup looks by using a different pair of long fake perky lashes. ok.

anyway she said that she has been using falsies since she was 15? but i remembered she didn't use them in the beginning of her channel and when she "started" using falsies in her makeup videos, she said things like she's not that good at it because she's still new at it or something???? i might have remembered wrongly.

Toki Wartooth
Talker
Talker

Post by Toki Wartooth »

kimdoyeon wrote:
maepleleaf wrote:Was I the only one who raised their eyebrows when Jenn said she's getting into "natural, fresh makeup looks" while rocking hot pink eyeshadow and lipgloss?
lol getting into natural subtle makeup looks by using a different pair of long fake perky lashes. ok.

anyway she said that she has been using falsies since she was 15? but i remembered she didn't use them in the beginning of her channel and when she "started" using falsies in her makeup videos, she said things like she's not that good at it because she's still new at it or something???? i might have remembered wrongly.
There's definitely nothing natural about this look that's for sure lol
I'm surprised she's used falsies for so long when they look so BAD in her November favs! They're lifted up in the inner corners probably because she didn't trim the lashes to properly fit her eyes. It was so distracting when I was trying to watch the video.
Also what is up with her bangs?? :rofl:

Return to “Jenn Im”