Where Beauty Lies (beneath the glitter sequel)

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Where Beauty Lies (beneath the glitter sequel)

Post by Evolve »

Wow. That speaks volumes about the Elle and Blair brand.

chasingxsunlight
Learner
Learner

Post by chasingxsunlight »

Lumi wrote:Image

I can't believe it either.
maybe a lot of pre-teens voted on it and it was a poll or write in, I remember back in the day (wow I sound old...) they used to do that? or because they've been in seventeen magzine before, both seventeen and teen vogue REALLY cater to the youtube community. teen vogue has put quite a few of the lesser known gurus in it or on the website - arden/arose186, sarah/sarahbelle93x, lauren/lolufullyload or lovelaurenelizabeth, and I'm sure a few others as well. and seventeen has done the "beauty smarties" numerous times with youtubers being featured. so while I'm not entirely surprised, I am slightly. (not defending them, or the magzines, just my thoughts on why it could be featured.)

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

or they had their agents and pr team set it up
imma ball til the day i fall

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

Seriously, no one else found that interview hilarious? Here, let me recap some of the highlights for you:

"The vlogging pros on what it's like to pen a hit series." Vlogging pros? Pen? Hit series?

"We caught up with Elle and Blair to get the scoop on the triumphs and challenges of going from behind the camera to behind the cover."

"When we were approached to do the London sisters' series, I was thrilled!" So it wasn't even their idea?

Blair: "It was actually Elle who helped me make the decision to move forward with Beneath the Glitter. She is an avid reader and inspired me to take a chance and write a series with her. We toyed around with a how-to-themed beauty book, but the timing wasn't right. Elle's experience as a book reviewer—what she terms Glitteratures—and her support, helped me to see that writing was indeed something I could do." Typical.

"We definitely got writer's block a few times."

Oh yeah, and then they listed their three favourite books/series... Elle's were Harry Potter, Narnia and The Giver, Blairs... Twilight, Divergent and The Hunger Games.

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

oh my god, what the hell is pen a hit? Did they mean hit the pan?

LuvLuv1D
Learner
Learner

Post by LuvLuv1D »

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you really don't know what "pen a hit" means. Pen = write. Hit = bestselling.

Yeah, reading the interview, I thought it was pretty obvious that Elle pushed Blair to do it. It's clear to anyone who has read either of their books that both girls had very little to do with writing them. Would Blair Fowler of all people come up with the phrase "the air was pregnant with anticipation?" That girl can't even speak correctly! Even though Elle loves to read young adult books like that, she didn't write the book either. She can't even pronounce some of the words in the book!

I don't try to be a "hater" on anybody, but their book really annoys me because 1) The storyline was so terrible! 2) They're taking credit for someone else's work.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

I guess this book wasn't as popular as Beneath the Glitters because this is the only video review that I've seen of the book.

[youtube][/youtube]

starlalight
Debater
Debater

Post by starlalight »

jean101 wrote:
Silver Rose 39 wrote:
Melissa wrote:I don't know why everyone thinks there was a ghost writer. I haven't read the book or anything, but it's obvious Elle loves to read (and probably write, too). I don't see why it's that hard to believe...
Elle said in one on her videos that they had help writing it. Someone also said that in the book there's a thanks to a 'writing assistant' or something like that. Between those 2 things they basically admitted that the had a ghost writer.
Just because someone reads lots of books doesn't mean that they can write one. Also how do you know Elle writes, you really think she's secretly writing random novels on the side of her youtube carear?
Lauren Conrad had a ghost writer write her books. Their books have that same sort of tone and even a similar storyline to Lauren's books. I'm sure their rich daddy paid for the same ghost writer or they did. Either way, they didn't write those books themselves. "Help" in their minds is basically someone doing all of the work and them doing the fun stuff like picking names and coming up with interesting character details and parts of the story line. Neither one of them sat down and did any real writing.

Return to “Elle & Blair”