Where Beauty Lies (beneath the glitter sequel)

jean101
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Where Beauty Lies (beneath the glitter sequel)

Post by jean101 »

Silver Rose 39 wrote:
Melissa wrote:I don't know why everyone thinks there was a ghost writer. I haven't read the book or anything, but it's obvious Elle loves to read (and probably write, too). I don't see why it's that hard to believe...
Elle said in one on her videos that they had help writing it. Someone also said that in the book there's a thanks to a 'writing assistant' or something like that. Between those 2 things they basically admitted that the had a ghost writer.
Just because someone reads lots of books doesn't mean that they can write one. Also how do you know Elle writes, you really think she's secretly writing random novels on the side of her youtube carear?

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I guess it'll be a trilogy because Lauren Conrad's LA Candy books were a trilogy (and I just found out they are being made into a movie), so e&b are definitely trying to follow in her footsteps.
imma ball til the day i fall

chuchipie16
Talker
Talker

Post by chuchipie16 »

^so they are writing books now? im sorry, i havent followed them in a while, and I mean a really long while now.... when did this happen? i mean,, them, becoming writers and stuff? and what was the novel about? if anyone from here already read it?

erfaewsfdes
Learner
Learner

Post by erfaewsfdes »

Can't wait until they sell the rights to make a movie -_-

chuchipie16
Talker
Talker

Post by chuchipie16 »

What I dont understand is how come Blair became more popular than Elle, in the first place. I do know that Elle was the first to upload a vid on yt, and Im not sure if you guys will agree with me, but it seems, that Elle has more focus and commitment to her vlogs, blogs and whatever... I mean Blair just copies evertyhing that Elle does but Blair seems to get more credit or whatever...

P.S. Im not a fan of Elle nor do I like her. I just started looking them up again when I lurked on this section... ;)

Ginger1
Debater
Debater

Post by Ginger1 »

^^ I think originally Blair just fit the mold that would appeal to the teen demographic: somewhat ditzy, brightly colored room, and showing off more designer items (with a heavy focus on the typically "young" brand Juicy Couture).

When I first found them way back then I actually didn't sub to Elle right away. I do vaguely recall thinking she was boring and I also got the feeling that Blair enjoyed it more. Really ironic at this point in my life where I can only watch Elle and feel like she's the only one who cares for YT at all.

Blair had such a cute bubbly (again ditzy) personality, which translated to enthusiasm where as Elle filmed at night, not as often, and I felt I couldn't see her makeup looks very well; the looks themselves were also not my taste. I think I subbed to Elle when I found her 2nd channel with book reviews.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

chuchipie16 wrote:What I dont understand is how come Blair became more popular than Elle, in the first place. I do know that Elle was the first to upload a vid on yt, and Im not sure if you guys will agree with me, but it seems, that Elle has more focus and commitment to her vlogs, blogs and whatever... I mean Blair just copies evertyhing that Elle does but Blair seems to get more credit or whatever...

P.S. Im not a fan of Elle nor do I like her. I just started looking them up again when I lurked on this section... ;)
I liked Blair WAY more in the beginning than Elle. Elle just struck me as someone who had a giant stick up her ass. Blair did too but she was way more entertaining. Now they are both vapid and boring as hell.

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

[youtube][/youtube]

spencerhastings
Learner
Learner

Post by spencerhastings »

i thought it was so weird when i heard about their sequel.. lol they're really popping these things out, huh?

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

Maybe they got a 2 or 3 book deal from the beginning? I can't imagine why a publisher would pick up a sequel otherwise.

Post by Guest »

Evolve wrote:Maybe they got a 2 or 3 book deal from the beginning? I can't imagine why a publisher would pick up a sequel otherwise.
Yep I think that's what happened. It's common for publishers to give the authors an advance (aka a paycheck) and a contract to write X-amount of books. In this case, the sisters were offered to do a series.

mimi
Talker
Talker

Post by mimi »

seems like they are really pushing the names Sophie and Ava london (names in parentheses after title of book, also names of the lipglosses) so that we think of the characters more than the name of the books. meaning that they want to create a tv or movie or maybe just more books about these characters (like the olsen twins did with their movies and books).

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

mimi wrote:seems like they are really pushing the names Sophie and Ava london (names in parentheses after title of book, also names of the lipglosses) so that we think of the characters more than the name of the books. meaning that they want to create a tv or movie or maybe just more books about these characters (like the olsen twins did with their movies and books).
You mean like this?

Where Beauty Lies (Sophia and Ava London #2)

That's just the name of the book series, and it's there to let people know that the book is in fact part of a series and not a stand-alone novel. It's very common to name a book series after the main character -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is Harry Potter #7, Artemis Fowl is Artemis Fowl #1 and so on. You could be right about them wanting Sophia and Ava to turn into a big deal, but the names in the parentheses is just the name of the book series. What else would they have named it?

strawberryfizz0
Learner
Learner

Post by strawberryfizz0 »

i can't believe i even bought the first one. i got it out of curiosity and i thought it would be similar to lauren conrad's books (which i enjoyed, even though they were not particularly well written) but this book was awful! never in my life have i not been able to finish a book until this one. i couldn't even get past the first few chapters. the second book will not be as popular a the first one because people like myself will not mistakenly purchase it.

plus it bothers me so much how it blatantly copies the la candy series

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

How does it copy?

LuvLuv1D
Learner
Learner

Post by LuvLuv1D »

hey, how does it copy?

strawberryfizz0
Learner
Learner

Post by strawberryfizz0 »

well i didn't finish it so i could be different but i just felt like the beginning was so similar with the moving to la, shopping, restaurant-ing, boy juggling, etc.

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

LuvLuv1D
Learner
Learner

Post by LuvLuv1D »

I have bought the Ava and Sophia lipglosses and the Skylark fragrance set. I consider myself a fan of both Elle and Blair and I'm not what I would consider a "hater."

But their first book was a load of rubbish.

Honestly, I could barely get through it! This is my honest opinion as someone who loves to read and who is willing to give almost any book a chance. I'm not just saying it to hate on E&B, because I do like some of what they put out, such as the Sophia lipgloss.

But I have to say that please, no one waste your time reading any of the books these girls put out. It will be a waste of your time, a waste of your money, and a waste of your brain cells.

The storyline of Beneath the Glitter has been done before and been done FAR BETTER. The Princess Diaries- loved it! Confessions of a Shopaholc- brilliant! There was a book series called LA Candy and it was by Lauren Conrad. I have not personally read it but according to the reviews on Amazon, it is way better!

I looked through Where Beauty Lies on Amazon. You can look through the book and sample about 15-20 of the pages inside. Reading through those bits of the book made me realize not to hold out any hope for their careers as "authors." Which they are not, of course, since they admitted on the first page that a ghostwriter wrote the book for them. All celebrities use ghostwriters, even Lauren Conrad, contrary to whatever she may say in interviews. I forgot the name of ehrs but you can google it. Celebrities never want to admit their books are actually written by professional writers and it really, really annoys me! Nicole Richie claimed she lieks to write early in the morning before her family wakes up. And it was revealed that she had very little to do with the writing of her actual book. Snooki insisted she wrote her book herself, but she eventually admitted to using a ghostwriter. I just feel like it's disrespectful to the actual writers to claim ownership over another persons blood, sweat, and tears.

I think Elle and Blair need to stick to what they do best, which is creating YouTube videos about makeup! Don't try to have a hand in every pot.

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

I can't believe it either.

Return to “Elle & Blair”