"Why I Left" Video

Curious cat
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: General Discussion - Part 7

Post by Curious cat »

^ Wait, what? The heart has the same neurons as the brain? Wtf?

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Curious cat wrote:^ Wait, what? The heart has the same neurons as the brain? Wtf?
Excuse me, I think she would know... she's a student of life who ordered books off Amazon and read them in the forests of Switzerland!!!!!!

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

:rofl: :rofl:

hopelesscoffeeaddict
Informer
Informer

Post by hopelesscoffeeaddict »

Lamour88 wrote:
Curious cat wrote:^ Wait, what? The heart has the same neurons as the brain? Wtf?
Excuse me, I think she would know... she's a student of life who ordered books off Amazon and read them in the forests of Switzerland!!!!!!
Yes, 100$ worth of Amazon books to learn that money can't buy happiness!

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Chlorophyll »

I....I....I just CAN'T with the new video. I JUST CAN'T.

Stop reading books in Switzerland and get your Asian ass to a THERAPIST, GURL.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

sharktea
Talker
Talker

Post by sharktea »

what is she even on about????? there are nerves and neurons literally everywhere on your body surface. I have nerves in my spine, does that mean I can follow my spine instead of my brain when making life decisions?

I can't :roll:

Faffy
Debater
Debater

Post by Faffy »

how are her answers and responses STILL SO CONTRIVED??? She pointed it out in her own video that everything she said and posted was contrived yet she's only continuing this? -.-

Also the "look more beautiful" to "feel more beautiful" line made me gag lmao

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

How interesting. I know that she got into deep shit with IQQU. To those that don't know. Her first; I'm a money grabbing, royal Cu*t business was IQQU. She told her customers that her products were FDA approved when in reality they weren't. Also I believe her products gave people some sort of chemical burn. However she sold the line when she could no longer take the heat.
Other than that I can't think of anything else she's done that would ignite a lawsuit. Maybe she broke a clause in her contract?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blazikenblade01
Debater
Debater

Re: "Why I Left" Video

Post by Blazikenblade01 »

Lets just say the lawsuits were long coming for her, she can deny it as much as she wants.
There are many reasons for why Arissa is famous, but "looking like Michelle Phan" isn't one of them~Chiyou

Blazikenblade01
Debater
Debater

Post by Blazikenblade01 »

amuto_lover wrote:All that meditation and you still can't control your aggressiveness.
Awww I couldnt get your attachment...ps my exact thinking on all of it! Royal facepalming all the way to whatever the courts are going to reveal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are many reasons for why Arissa is famous, but "looking like Michelle Phan" isn't one of them~Chiyou

truthis
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by truthis »

Her story doesn't add up. Being successful and depressed at the same time. She claims in an article Ipsy turned profitable after selling out their very first glam bag in 2011. I highly doubt it's true. Take Birchbox as an example with over a million mailings a month and valuation of $750million similar to Ipsy, it did not turn profitable until 2016. According to Michelle Ipsy does not need marketing money as if it's their edge but Birchbox gets a lot of "free marketing" from youtubers as well.

https://www.inc.com/magazine/201604/zoe ... nding.html

There are numerous people with millions of followers in the social media. I won't consider her a success story in any way shape or form. I don't care if she's on Forbes under 30 list. She admits her income is less than their estimate. PhillipdeFranco responded to her lawsuits by saying they don't make much money out of youtube. Like how Nikkietutorials only made $40k from her TooFaced collaboration over a period of 9-month despite generating $9million in sales. Michelle talks incessantly about having so much money she can afford to take a year off. She never had a full time job because she couldn't get hired. Playing with makeup is not work. If you're part of a legit business you have the obligation to stay put. It's sad no one needs her around. If her business is honestly that lucrative any logical person would put in extra effort instead of leave while you're still young.

truthis
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by truthis »

Her story doesn't add up. Being successful and depressed at the same time. She claims in an article Ipsy turned profitable after selling out their very first glam bag in 2011. I highly doubt it's true. Take Birchbox as an example with over a million mailings a month and valuation of $750million similar to Ipsy, it did not turn profitable until 2016. According to Michelle Ipsy does not need marketing money as if it's their edge but Birchbox gets a lot of "free marketing" from youtubers as well.

https://www.inc.com/magazine/201604/zoe ... nding.html

There are numerous people with millions of followers in the social media. I won't consider her a success story in any way shape or form. I don't care if she's on Forbes under 30 list. She admits her income is less than their estimate. PhillipdeFranco has responded to her lawsuits by saying they don't make much money out of youtube. Like how Nikkietutorials only made $40k from her TooFaced collaboration over a period of 9-month despite generating $9million in sales. Michelle talks incessantly about having so much money she can afford to take a year off. She never had a full time job because she couldn't get hired. Playing with makeup is not work. If you're part of a legit business you have the obligation to stay put. It's sad no one needs her around. If her business is honestly that lucrative any logical person would put in extra effort instead of leave while you're still young.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

snuffy777 wrote:Image
And that, Michelle, is why you're actually not a doctor.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Raren
Informer
Informer

Post by Raren »

DaylightAmy wrote:
snuffy777 wrote:Image
And that, Michelle, is why you're actually not a doctor.
*in a whispery ASMR-type voice* if youre sick just believe in yourself! use magic water and crystal healing power :)

Annaj001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Annaj001 »

snuffy777 wrote:[img]<a class="vglnk" href="http://i.imgur.com/Dk2O15n.png[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>i</span><span>.</span><span>imgur</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>Dk2O15n</span><span>.</span><span>png</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: GET OVER YOURSELF. I love that girl.

In regards to her previous comment that claims the videos have no ads, therefore, the video is not an ad. DOES NOT COMPUTE MICH, DOES NOT COMPUTE. That totally blew over her head, huh? Honestly? I know this would've been more work but I think she should've made a "Why I Left" video and posted a separate video regarding Em Cosmetics.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

She has enough money to do what Enya does, and that is to live in her castle in the middle of nowhere with her 3 cats. She can improve on her skills, be it business wise, or artistically, and at her leisure as well, but does she?

Michelle, girl, if you're reading this, realize that flooding the online sphere with asinine sob stories in order to re-establish your Mother Goose status is not doing you any good, either for your soul, or for your talent. Just stop being fake, that's all. Like that episode in Battlestar Galactica where they allowed a news crew behind the scenes, and Kat, one of the Viper pilots had a breakdown. "That's us, warts and all," said Admiral Adama.

You're not perfect looking, so stop trying to make it seem like you are. We're all bent and crooked in one way or another.

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

She did a video with Promise where she claimed the "why I left" was going to be her last video but with all the support she may come back.. Sure... If you weren't going to come back you wouldn't have made the video after a year or you would titled it better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EurekaMreum
Talker
Talker

Post by EurekaMreum »

^She had no personality to begin with, and now after her "comeback" she seems even more dull and detached. And what does she have to offer to the community now? She should've left her channel for good and be done with it.

bellabellabella
Informer
Informer

Post by bellabellabella »

I watched 10 secs and I was so done with it. :rofl:

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

She said in the video she did with Promise that this video was supposed to be her last video. ...here's hoping. Unless she ups her skills and learns to use more colours other than blue and pink, there isn't much that she can add to the beauty world.

It's such a shame because we had such hopes for her in the beginning. But the fame monster ate her soul and she became a shill. :(

Return to “Michelle Phan”