Kalyn Nicholson

Phazin
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kalyn Nicholson

Post by Phazin »

I was actually feeling somewhat impressed by the things she was saying in her book haul video but then she blurted out "that's what she said" turning something completely normal into a juvenile sexual innuendo which totally ruined it for a bit. I do think she is getting a bit closer to understanding what she is reading instead of being blindly inspired by words. She just needs to toss her sex jokes out of a window on the 40th floor of a building. It's not funny.

Qweenbeauty
Talker
Talker

Post by Qweenbeauty »

Okay, small rant here. First of all, her "bloated" pics on IG are ridiculous. In one she's clearly sticking out her stomach, and the other is just clearly rude to anyone of her fans bigger than her.

Second, another book haul???? Just go to the freaking library, she already did an entire two books a month video on what she was going to read for the year so she didn't have to buy more books.

HA, another daily video for a month long. Cause she wasn't busy enough apparently. Have fun keeping up with that when Arthur visits.

Finally, the one video with her sneaky ad for glasses was disappointing in that she really didn't disclaim it was an ad. And her sustainability...don't get me started with this shit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ml1396
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ml1396 »

Y'all she just gave me a mini heart attack. I had my phone on mute and was half paying attention to her story without the sound on. I saw her belly and thought she was pregnant. :roll:

I'm so hoping she's being safe because the last thing I need is her saying the universe gave her a baby and she feels it's energy.

pokegeorgia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pokegeorgia »

PisaLisa wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:45 pm
I didn't hate the new video last night. I can tell a major difference when Arthur dum dum isn't around. Saw he tweeted that he will make a movie one day! lol From her video last night did anyone know what kind of plant that was she named Caroline? I really like it not sure what kind it is?

Also, new Koze video this morning. She's rebranding again lol she's actually going to do a coffee break video everyday on koze the entire month of May. lol that way when she finishes she'll travel to escape the burn out she does every year from youtober.

I watch Renee Amberg sometimes but she's a tad bland I can't get through her 20 plus minute videos. She just launched a podcast and I just can't.
At least she's taking this rebranding towards something a lot of us said here and on her youtube comments, that we prefered the previous "sit-down chit-chat" type of videos more! I think she's starting to take steps in the right direction on her Koze channel, although I don't know what new content she can come up with for those DAILY videos, but Imma give her a chance!

keke3333
Talker
Talker

Post by keke3333 »

why would someone like Arthur lol? I just don't get it, he's too annoying and he loves himself too much. The way he was like,"people tell me I look like John Snow". Sure they did...Bitch you don't, that guy is hot.
It's like when Kalyn says "people really insisted that I do another bedroom makeover" lol

viridian
Talker
Talker

Post by viridian »

keke3333 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:15 pm
why would someone like Arthur lol? I just don't get it, he's too annoying and he loves himself too much. The way he was like,"people tell me I look like John Snow". Sure they did...Bitch you don't, that guy is hot.
It's like when Kalyn says "people really insisted that I do another bedroom makeover" lol
Makes me think of this meme
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

keke3333
Talker
Talker

Post by keke3333 »

:rofl: so trueee @viridian

PisaLisa
Informer
Informer

Post by PisaLisa »

New Koze video I lost my period for a year

she blames the birth control and briefly mentions how she wasn't taking care of her body.

How about you were really underweight most likely. But, her face looks fuller, so she doesn't look as skeletal.

Curious cat
Debater
Debater

Post by Curious cat »

PisaLisa wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:57 pm

she blames the birth control and briefly mentions how she wasn't taking care of her body.

How about you were really underweight most likely. But, her face looks fuller, so she doesn't look as skeletal.
She has deleted some comments that exposed the relatiob between weight lost and periods. So there we have the real reason for that.

PisaLisa
Informer
Informer

Post by PisaLisa »

Curious cat wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:04 am
PisaLisa wrote:

She has deleted some comments that exposed the relatiob between weight lost and periods. So there we have the real reason for that.

Saw her response to one of those comments:

KOZE

Thanks for the insight Melissa, weight can definitely alter someones cycle for sure! ❤

Hit the nail on the head that's such a fake response from her.

soulinaearthsuit
Informer
Informer

Post by soulinaearthsuit »

Just realized she deleted all videos from before last year. Why tf would you do that?! Those were some of her best ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox »

Curious cat wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:04 am
PisaLisa wrote:

Well, no we don’t. Birth control often impacts your cycle and can stop you from getting your period, and the effects can last for months after you stop taking it. Also, being very underweight can cause you to lose your period but doesn’t always (I was extremely underweight when I was struggling with my ED and never lost my period).

lushmoon13
Talker
Talker

Post by lushmoon13 »

As soon as I saw the title I thought she was going to address eating issues. It's very common to lose your period with ED (doesn't happen all the time but it's common). It's clear she isn't eating a lot while still exercising a lot.

I was so disappointed when she had some hippie dippie BS about why she lost her period. She has to know how stupid she sounds!!

lazermeows
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lazermeows »

Goodness, she is all ribs in her in latest Vegas IG story. I think this is the tipping point for me. Girl is giving off really unhealthy vibes and I feel bad following/supporting someone who seems to be going through serious mental issues. Hope she figures herself out and gets better.

Isabella13
Learner
Learner

Post by Isabella13 »

I was thinking that when I saw the Vegas pics, why is she wearing that tied up top to the pool and then I saw the other pics without it and I her ribs were scary thin..

soulinaearthsuit
Informer
Informer

Kalyn Nicholson

lazermeows wrote:Goodness, she is all ribs in her in latest Vegas IG story. I think this is the tipping point for me. Girl is giving off really unhealthy vibes and I feel bad following/supporting someone who seems to be going through serious mental issues. Hope she figures herself out and gets better.
Ok yeah she does look super thin but you feel bad supporting someone who may be struggling with mental health issues? Wtf. Those are the people that need support to get better :/

bakakashi
Learner
Learner

Post by bakakashi »

soulinaearthsuit wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:37 pm
lazermeows wrote:Goodness, she is all ribs in her in latest Vegas IG story. I think this is the tipping point for me. Girl is giving off really unhealthy vibes and I feel bad following/supporting someone who seems to be going through serious mental issues. Hope she figures herself out and gets better.
Ok yeah she does look super thin but you feel bad supporting someone who may be struggling with mental health issues? Wtf. Those are the people that need support to get better :/

i think they meant that they feel bad supporting someone who's not addressing her mental and physical health issues and is using her platform to give unhealthy/harmful advice to her community.

kalyn's not showing a good example of health and keeps encouraging her subs to work out and eat small amounts of food at the same time.

this is not good for her younger audiences and tbh i don't support it too. she also never takes advice from the comments on her videos so it's her choice to keep on going with her stupid routines.

lazermeows
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lazermeows »

Yes, this 👆🏻 Sorry for not being clear. And I did send her a message via IG asking if she was okay, saying if I had a close friend who lost so much weight it would cause me concern, and offering help as I live in a city with an excellent med center. She probably won’t read it though, or care, as she does with other viewer’s concerned comments. Thanks guhdiva for understanding my views.

soulinaearthsuit
Informer
Informer

bakakashi wrote:
soulinaearthsuit wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:37 pm

i think they meant that they feel bad supporting someone who's not addressing her mental and physical health issues and is using her platform to give unhealthy/harmful advice to her community.

kalyn's not showing a good example of health and keeps encouraging her subs to work out and eat small amounts of food at the same time.

this is not good for her younger audiences and tbh i don't support it too. she also never takes advice from the comments on her videos so it's her choice to keep on going with her stupid routines.
Ahh ok my bad! It sounded diff that’s why i was upset bc i had an ED and it was the help support and open dialogue that helped me get better <3

garnets37
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by garnets37 »

Sounds like I'm in the minority here but I think she's actually gained weight. I first noticed it a little while after she moved in with Larissa. In her IG stories and posts they seemed to be always eating out. I think Youtober really stressed her out as well and she mentioned in a few of those videos how much she needed to start cooking at home.

Since she's stared dating Arthur I've noticed quite a bit more of a gain, especially in her face. Her leggings are no longer are sinking into her around the hips and they arn't loose in the calves anymore, she actually fills them out now.

I think it's one of the things that is really getting to her. I've struggled with ED's in the past and know the "lost" feeling you get when you start eating like crap (or even just eating normally) and you gain weight. I think when Kalyn was living alone it was easy to focus on eating healthy and not eating too much, some ED's make you feel proud to weigh that little and have that self-control that it took. When she moved in with Larissa and started dating Arthur there were suddenly more distractions and she got into a habit of eating out all the time with them. I don't think it's a coincidence that she got her period back a couple months after moving in with Larissa, her body was finally getting enough food to start it's normal functions again.

She seems to be grappling with a lot of that "lost" feeling right now. Her subscriber count has gone down over 10,000 subs since March (socialblade) with Arthurs appearance. Arthur's immature and annoying and her subscribers hate him. Her channel and brand are in a downward spiral that she's been unable to stop because she keeps featuring him, advertisements, and rambling superficial talks that we've all heard from her a hundred times before. I've tried but can't watch the Koze daily brews because I can't seem to get over the fact that she's giving advice on things that she doesn't practice.

Return to “Kalyn Nicholson”