I need a new tv show

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

I need a new tv show

Post by giffgaff »

Something that will grip me from the start. Watched ep1 of Legion and ep2 was boring so lost interest. Same with the bates motel, I cant seem to get past the first episode.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: I need a new tv show

Post by Pastel »

What type of shows do you like? And what have you already seen? That might help us a bit :D

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by giffgaff »

Lost
Orphan Black
stranger things
Black mirror
Mr Robot

That is what I have seen already, I am looking for a show that gets you hooked by ep1 and doesn't disappoint in ep 2 :D

Susperna
Informer
Informer

Post by Susperna »

Ok first of all, you got excellent taste in series :respekt: . So here are my recommendations, it's a mix of everything and I'm sure you won't like all of it but I'm pretty sure you will find something :P

Westworld - imagine a themepark that is like the Wild West in which you could do anything you please...but what if the robots stark becoming human
Sherlock
iZombie - really enterating with likeable characters and a very unsual plot, give it a try :)
Flesh and Bone - miniseries about the scemes that go behind the scenes of ballet (can be quite dark at times, havn't finished it yet)
The 100 - I stopped watching after season 3 but it is a good binge
Billions - well only if you are intersedted in Wallstreet and the foul play behind the scenes
Master of None - very funny and a really good, not-fucked up series :love2:
Lucifer - the devil owns a night club and helps a cop save murders (sounds morbid but it quite hilarious and good, casual enteratinment)
Rosewood - crime solving series about a private pathologist/cop duo with great chemistry and super likeable and funny characters
Humans - suspensefull series about atricifial inteligence and what makes us human
Frequency - a woman can suddenly communicate with her father in the past and it changes her live (lol just watch the trailer)
Travelers - a group of people from the future who got send back in time to save humanity
Riverdale - teen/mistery drama with serious adicction potential (based on the Archie comic books)
Penny Dreadful - very dark and gritty series in which literatures monster such as Frankenstein or Dracula are alive set in Victorian time's London
Queen of the South - series about a woman that get's sucked into the Mexican drug cartell
The Americans - about Russian spies who live amoug Americans in time of the cold-war
Dark Matter - space, fights and fun with a enjoyable cast
Killjoys - a whole lot of badassery performed by a team of 3 space bounty hunters
Emerald City - a different take on the "Wizard of Oz"-world

And yes, I've watched all of these and yes I have a life :rofl: .
I'm not very good at these summarys so it's probably better if you just watch the trailer. I like all of these, some more than others but I can recommend every one of them for different reasons.

Susperna
Informer
Informer

Post by Susperna »

Ok first of all, you got excellent taste in series :respekt: . So here are my recommendations, it's a mix of everything and I'm sure you won't like all of it but I'm pretty sure you will find something :P

Westworld - imagine a themepark that is like the Wild West in which you could do anything you please...but what if the robots stark becoming human
Sherlock
iZombie - really enterating with likeable characters and a very unsual plot, give it a try :)
Flesh and Bone - miniseries about the scemes that go behind the scenes of ballet (can be quite dark at times, havn't finished it yet)
The 100 - I stopped watching after season 3 but it is a good binge
Billions - well only if you are intersedted in Wallstreet and the foul play behind the scenes
Master of None - very funny and a really good, not-fucked up series :love2:
Lucifer - the devil owns a night club and helps a cop save murders (sounds morbid but it quite hilarious and good, casual enteratinment)
Rosewood - crime solving series about a private pathologist/cop duo with great chemistry and super likeable and funny characters
Humans - suspensefull series about atricifial inteligence and what makes us human
Frequency - a woman can suddenly communicate with her father in the past and it changes her live (lol just watch the trailer)
Travelers - a group of people from the future who got send back in time to save humanity
Riverdale - teen/mistery drama with serious adicction potential (based on the Archie comic books)
Penny Dreadful - very dark and gritty series in which literatures monster such as Frankenstein or Dracula are alive set in Victorian time's London
Queen of the South - series about a woman that get's sucked into the Mexican drug cartell
The Americans - about Russian spies who live amoug Americans in time of the cold-war
Dark Matter - space, fights and fun with a enjoyable cast
Killjoys - a whole lot of badassery performed by a team of 3 space bounty hunters
Emerald City - a different take on the "Wizard of Oz"-world

And yes, I've watched all of these and yes I have a life :rofl: .
I'm not very good at these summarys so it's probably better if you just watch the trailer. I like all of these, some more than others but I can recommend every one of them for different reasons.

dreadsdoctors
Debater
Debater

Post by dreadsdoctors »

Here are some you might like
Continuum - sadly it ended after 4 seasons but I really liked the plot, it's about a detective from the future that gets sent to the past (out present)
Game of Thrones - I had a hard time getting into it but after a few episodes I loved itttt
Harper's Island - it's only a season long, it's about murders on an island
How to Get Away With Murder - it's about five law studens and their professor + her coworkers
Les Revenants/The Returned (US) - I loved the US version and since it got cancelled I had to watch the french one and it's really good. basically people who were dead start appearing at their houses after a few years
Misfits - one of my favorites, they get superpowers after getting hit by a lighting storm
My Mad Fat Diary - "The show tells the tragic and humorous story of a very troubled young girl, Rae"
Penny Dreadful - Vanessa Ives is such a good character i think that's everything you need to know
Pretty Little Liars - honestly, I don't even know why I still watch it but I really liked the first couple of seasons
Quantico - not liking the second season as much and I was expecting but it talks about a person who was framed for terrorism after Grand Central exploded
Riverdale - as said, based on the Archie comic books
Scandal - I binge watched the first four seasons in like two weeks, I couldn't stop watching it. it's about the president of the united states and his mistress (it's one of the shonda rhimes series)
Scream: The TV Series - based on the Scream movies, it's addicting
Sense8 - another one of my favorites, it's about people (from different parts of the globe like india, germany, usa, seoul, etc) who are suddenly mentally linked and are being hunted
Sherlock - all the seasons have like 3/4 episodes tho they're an hour long and it's about modern Sherlock
Teen Wolf - you have to give stiles stilinski a shot
The 100 - "A spaceship housing humanity's survivors sends 100 teens back to Earth in hopes of re-populating the planet."
The Magicians - I kinda have a love/hate relationship with this one but it's... interesting to watch. it's based on the books by Lev Grossman
The Vampire Diaries - I loved it and hated it and then loved it again. it's much more than "A teenage girl is torn between two vampire brothers." and it's also the first series I've ever kept up with
Wayward Pines - I LOVED the first season of this one only until the very last episode of it, the second one was awful tho

Here are some you might also like, not related to this ones:
Gossip Girl - well I binge watched it and I loved it
Hart of Dixie - it's about a doctor from NY who gets sent to Alabama and it's very funny
Jane the Virgin - I'm not sure if I'm going to keep watching it but the first two seasons are the best
One Tree Hill - it already ended so you can binge watch it. i'm only on season 5
SKAM - everyone is watching it now so you've probably heard about this one. it'll only have 4 seasons and each episode is about 20 minutes long
The Royals - follows the modern royal british family

I hope it helped!
"Was it good? It was the greatest magic trick I've ever seen" :love2:

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

shameless , how to get away with murder, and black mirror. they're all so so good. if you need something where every episode is a different plot (almost like mini movies) Black Mirror is like that.

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by giffgaff »

Susperna wrote:Ok first of all, you got excellent taste in series :respekt: . So here are my recommendations, it's a mix of everything and I'm sure you won't like all of it but I'm pretty sure you will find something :P
s.
tHANKs so much for going out of your way to list shows that I could watch

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by giffgaff »

dreadsdoctors wrote:Here are some you might like

I hope it helped!
Thanks so much for the recommendations.. I loved Wayward pines too. the 2nd season was crap and there was a loophole which was not addressed.

Bones_G2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bones_G2 »

Mary Kills People is a new series that came out on Lifetime (stay with me here) that I recommend because I like the subject matter. Mary is a doctor who assists terminal patients with committing suicide.
The beauty community has become the HSN of YouTube

Mastermind615
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Mastermind615 »

I love agents of shield

okthatscool
Lurker
Lurker

Post by okthatscool »

Riverdale

Baublebee
Debater
Debater

Post by Baublebee »

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere but 12 Monkeys got me hooked right away. It's the only show I keep up with as it comes out these days. It's absolutely amazing.

Bones_G2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bones_G2 »

Baublebee wrote:I didn't see it mentioned anywhere but 12 Monkeys got me hooked right away. It's the only show I keep up with as it comes out these days. It's absolutely amazing.
I'm going to check this one out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The beauty community has become the HSN of YouTube

LexiPorter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LexiPorter »

"Queen of the South" is one of the best shows on TV right now.

[youtube][/youtube]

RickNMorty
Learner
Learner

Post by RickNMorty »

Sneaky Pete and Man in the High Castle are great for Amazon Prime
Stranger Things, Ozark and Defenders are great on Netflix

Cruelladevil
Informer
Informer

Post by Cruelladevil »

If you love lost then you'd love the leftovers

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by giffgaff »

Cruelladevil wrote:If you love lost then you'd love the leftovers
IS THAT On netflix?

Cruelladevil
Informer
Informer

Post by Cruelladevil »

giffgaff wrote:
Cruelladevil wrote:If you love lost then you'd love the leftovers
IS THAT On netflix?
Not that I know of. You could just watch it online probably

Kerrbear2001
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Kerrbear2001 »

Schitts Creek. I love it so much I bought the full series dvd set (I know very old school) but I watch it enough to justify. I love the positive spin they put on everything.

Return to “TV Shows”